Alliance Base Guarding

• Admiral-Acidic
    Admiral-Acidic
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jan 2012 Posts: 18
    Sounds interesting, but i'd be worried about the number of people jumping each other's friends base just to avoid being hit at all. Seeing a lot of friendly bubbling/base locking still.

I think to limit the overuse of guarding an ally's base (especialy that it will probly a f2f when the attacker has to get a baser inside...) i think there could be a timer or something to prevent another guard to guard right away when the first one gets died. 'cause when i think of it, i can see 30 fleets lining up behind the base to each defend one shot against one intruder without a certain limit to the "guard ally" usage.
    LvL 60 Pirate Mad Scientist
    Sector 271 #1 @ Base Invaders 4
    Sector 271 #1 @ Base Invaders 5
    Sector 272 #1 @ Storm Strike
  • Lucky Luke
    Lucky Luke
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 8,422
    I think you should award a good base not a good friends fleet

well said!
  • LORDCLAW 1982
    LORDCLAW 1982
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 331
    I think if u implement this then u should only be able to have 4 friend ships defending u otherwise alot of ppl will have a 100 gbs under one base if u know what i mean
    LVL 68  PART OF THE BTTB ALLIANCE WINNER OF ALL HULLS TO DATE IM A BAD PIRATE :)
  • John1975
    John1975
    Master Tactician
    Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 2,318
    I think the attack button should have never went away. This is a battle game you attack you should expect to get attacked. You put fleet out on water there should be risk it going to get attacked. Never made sense to me to give people a free stroll in and out of a base because it was a "expensive base fleet" So what hit repair or coin it get skills to move away or take back up with you.
    BadMoFo RYFG TTMX Level 97
  • da3tribiana@yahoo.com
    [email protected]
    Greenhorn
    Joined May 2011 Posts: 8
    It will be more cool if the alliance guarding will have a battle inside the base. Let the outside guarding fleet engage 1st. or an ally fleet can join battle once the attacker made it inside the base.
    Prizes Claimed: Hammer Head A, Interdictor, Goliath, Spectre, Super Fortress, Juggernaut, Strike Cruiser, Missile Cruiser, Missile Cruiser X
    Dreadnaught X, Destroyer, Corvette, Leviathan A, Halo Missile, Siege Missile F, Sea Scorpion A.

:cool: '' Nothing happens to anyone that he is not fitted by nature to bear'' :cool:

Home Sector : Sector 48 and Sector 477
  • Fire_DS
    Fire_DS
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 933
    dont know if this has been said, because i cant read the entire thing....but why not make it where if a member guards another base, his/her bubble pops on their own base....make it cost them something to defend....or at lease open them up for the possibility of getting attacked as a consequence.
  • THE GREAT ONE
    THE GREAT ONE
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jan 2012 Posts: 370
    Omg stop winning and play the game
    IF SMELLLL ..... WHAT THE ROCK IS COOKING!!!!!!!!!
  • davyjones1996
    davyjones1996
    Greenhorn
    Joined Aug 2012 Posts: 23
    when will this update come out?
  • spidermanjb
    spidermanjb
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jun 2011 Posts: 211
    If you impelment this---->You should take away the Option for an Alliance member to ATTACK (****) Bubble one of ther own.. You should have your fleet destoyed if you don't attack.. Peek button( 30 Sec. Window, only once.. ) it that is what they want, but I am tired of Alliance Member's who **** bubble.. There should be a pentaly for not attacking a base.. You lose RES or something..
    :lol:Invincibility lies In Defense; the possibility of Victory is to Attack."
    :confused:Born in Sector 96, Traveled 280, 281, 198, 442, 205, 154, 78, 193, 207, 209, 208
    :pProud Owner of SeaScorp, Barracuda, Goliath, BattleC., BattleS., StrikeC., Intrdictor, Dred X, Hammer Head B, Spec, Halo, Jugg, MCX, Hurricane
  • spidermanjb
    spidermanjb
    Minor Nuisance
    +11111111111111111
    Ice38851 wrote: »
    dont know if this has been said, because i cant read the entire thing....but why not make it where if a member guards another base, his/her bubble pops on their own base....make it cost them something to defend....or at lease open them up for the possibility of getting attacked as a consequence.
    :confused:Born in Sector 96, Traveled 280, 281, 198, 442, 205, 154, 78, 193, 207, 209, 208
    :pProud Owner of SeaScorp, Barracuda, Goliath, BattleC., BattleS., StrikeC., Intrdictor, Dred X, Hammer Head B, Spec, Halo, Jugg, MCX, Hurricane
  • Jason WTF
    Jason WTF
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 106
    If you impelment this---->You should take away the Option for an Alliance member to ATTACK (****) Bubble one of ther own.. You should have your fleet destoyed if you don't attack.. Peek button( 30 Sec. Window, only once.. ) it that is what they want, but I am tired of Alliance Member's who **** bubble.. There should be a pentaly for not attacking a base.. You lose RES or something..

Losing points would be better.
  • spidermanjb
    spidermanjb
    Minor Nuisance
    The only farm now is LVL 50!! if you can't make a decent base then go play FARMVILLE!!!
    Vilkata wrote: »
    Finally, now we can stop losing lower level alliance members because they're being repeatedly farmed for being in an alliance.
  • Roland Bullock
    Roland Bullock
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 931
    Ice38851 wrote: »

I like this idea alot.
    Desert_Warfare
    Level 67 Originated in 142
    Currently in 191
  • 2RaidU
    2RaidU
    Greenhorn
    Joined Aug 2012 Posts: 3
    i like the idea of being able to guard an alliance members base but how about setting some fleet values to prevent spammers. (must be full fleet originally deployed from dock, even though flag ship may be dead) examples of allowable guard fleets.....

YES........................................................................................NO
    5 BB's....................................................................................5 or less gunboats
    1 gb and 4 subs......................................................................1 gb 1 sub
    5 levi or a mix or levi,bb,sub, or any larger hull type....................1 levi 4 gb's

etc etc
    above lvl20 all fleets must be bb's or better to guard another players base. under lvl20 marauders required (again, full fleets only). still needs some fine tuning but that would be a good place to start
  • jc4wd
    jc4wd
    Greenhorn
    Joined Feb 2012 Posts: 7
    I think this is a great idea, player that are online can park at their buddies who are not on to help protect the alliance as a whole, since we can not really hook fleets as they leave a base any more FvF has died out this could bring it back! Although it would sure be nice to be able to bust players coming out of a base as well.
  • AL CAPONE
    AL CAPONE
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 663
    jc4wd wrote: »
    I think this is a great idea, player that are online can park at their buddies who are not on to help protect the alliance as a whole, since we can not really hook fleets as they leave a base any more FvF has died out this could bring it back! Although it would sure be nice to be able to bust players coming out of a base as well.

Yes god forbid a base gets beat and needs to be repaired. Do you farms really think your f v f ships repair faster then your bases? You do realize your just getting more repair time and that is why this is gonna be implemented. Poor alliances being torn apart because their bases are hit? I don't understand what the big deal of being hit and having your base broken is? At every level of the game I have always enjoyed being attacked. Is it really fun for you to jump a base fleet with subs or some run and gun fleet vs a mort fleet? Anyone who thinks this feature will help your lil 50 bases ect. you are nuts and you will be here whining about the 20 hours of repair you get when you defend bases for one night. THIS IS ABOUT THEM MAKING MORE MONEY!!!!!!
    FARMIN_FORTIES   (formerly AL_CAPONE)-level 70-Former Coiner
  • Lucky Luke
    Lucky Luke
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 8,422
    Yes god forbid a base gets beat and needs to be repaired. Do you farms really think your f v f ships repair faster then your bases? You do realize your just getting more repair time and that is why this is gonna be implemented. Poor alliances being torn apart because their bases are hit? I don't understand what the big deal of being hit and having your base broken is? At every level of the game I have always enjoyed being attacked. Is it really fun for you to jump a base fleet with subs or some run and gun fleet vs a mort fleet? Anyone who thinks this feature will help your lil 50 bases ect. you are nuts and you will be here whining about the 20 hours of repair you get when you defend bases for one night. THIS IS ABOUT THEM MAKING MORE MONEY!!!!!!

The noobs dont understand. They think the removal of the attack button stopped FvF, if they believe that you will never convince them that this is a bad idea.
  • VIKING-AB
    VIKING-AB
    Potential Threat
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 34
    This is crap...I dont even use a guard fleet outside my own base...why should I need this again? If your base sucks then fix it.
    RAIDEN-IMMORTALS
  • sardonique13
    sardonique13
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 855
    VIKING-AB wrote: »
    This is crap...I dont even use a guard fleet outside my own base...why should I need this again? If your base sucks then fix it.

RAIDEN/VIKING.....you are one of the few AB that I liked. THIS right here is why. Right?? DAFUQ is this ****? If you need your alliance to babysit your base, fix your chit. By the way man.....would you and your crew wanna get together for a week of friendly killing?
    sardonique

ex-IKY, ex-DOA, ex-PNLS, never ex-ex.....

.....hey pirates....I'm back.  Buwahahahaha
  • CaptAhab15
    CaptAhab15
    Potential Threat
    Joined Aug 2012 Posts: 55
    i like the idea, as it will make bases much harder to get to. you can have a flt guard your base lets say sw's and then a friend guard with subs of some sort. once both those are beat you come into the base with a guard fleet of toilet thuds. it will force people to bring two or three different fleets. should be interesting...
    BANG OUT
  • SolaarMyth
    SolaarMyth
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Jul 2011 Posts: 1,204
    Greetings Captains,

With Alliances released, the team wanted to go back and take a look at the functionality and design of Alliance Guard Fleets. We’ve looked at your comments and would like to share the current design for the feature and get some more feedback.

Feature Breakdown

Being in an Alliance will allow an Alliance member to guard another member’s base. Here are the details on how the feature will function.
    • An Alliance Guard Fleet must follow the same rules as attacking fleets when being set.
    o +/- 5 player base up to level 40.
    o Uncapped from level 40 up.
    • An Alliance member can click on a friendly Alliance base and select the Guard Base option (if they meet the level requirements).
    o Only one Guard Fleet per base.
    o If the Guard Fleet moves, it disengages as a Guard Fleet.
    • An Alliance member can deploy a maximum of three fleets as Alliance Guard Fleets.
    • There will be an icon on the World Map to indicate the Guard Fleet.
    o If the player also has defending fleets near their base, the Alliance Guard Fleet will enter combat first.

Tell your thoughts, Captains!
    I do hope that this option will remove the "attack" button on an Alliance Member's base? Thus spelling the end of in-alliance points farming and buddy bubbling. Do expect this to bring about a renewal of Fleet vs Fleet in a good way, although I'm sure at the same time there'll still be those who cry foul for using it (like those that laughably argue against controlling your defense fleet when online).
    Battle Pirates
    Name: Shenanigans
    Level: 64
    User ID: 292066 
    Alliance:  CLASSIFIED - NEED TO KNOW BASIS ONLY
  • azagoth
    azagoth
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 538
    They should have had this in game a long time ago
    :cool:
  • Mathus Gordon
    Mathus Gordon
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 9
    Something like an icon next to the fleet name to designate it as a Guard Fleet.

some bases it is easy to hide a fleet under someones base so exatly how would an icon work if the player is able to do such a thing no one would know the ships is there guarding the base tell it was too late
  • Raphael Gagnon
    Raphael Gagnon
    Greenhorn
    Joined Dec 2012 Posts: 1
    I think we should lose alliance points when our base was hit with more than 50% damage and I think that the point in the alliance should be in proportion to the number of people in the alliance to level up
  • Patrick Fields
    Patrick Fields
    Greenhorn
    Joined Aug 2012 Posts: 16
    i think its a great idea. this way the lvl 50s and up wont be able to get in a lvl 40 so easy. if your anything above a lvl 55 and your hitting a lvl 40 lmao whos the real noob? if all you can do is hit 15 - 20 lvls below you maybe you need to build your ships better. anyone can kill a lvl 40 at that lvl with a alliance member helping guard it will be a little more of a challenge or are you scared of getting your ships paint scratched? get real whos really crying here? the higher lvls who like to hit mostly all lower lvls than them. and oh wait i know " if kixeye didnt want us to hit lvl 40s they wouldnt have made it fair game " right? lmao thats a weak excuse. yea and if the alliance member guard is there it wont make it easy for you right? oh and btw im a lvl 51 so dont try to tell me that i dont know what im talking about and yes i have hit a few lvls lower than me only to get payback for my team. but other than that im hitting my own lvl mostly.
    ARMORED_SAINT_BIA_E current lvl 51
  • sardonique13
    sardonique13
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 855
    i think its a great idea. this way the lvl 50s and up wont be able to get in a lvl 40 so easy. if your anything above a lvl 55 and your hitting a lvl 40 lmao whos the real noob? if all you can do is hit 15 - 20 lvls below you maybe you need to build your ships better. anyone can kill a lvl 40 at that lvl with a alliance member helping guard it will be a little more of a challenge or are you scared of getting your ships paint scratched? get real whos really crying here? the higher lvls who like to hit mostly all lower lvls than them. and oh wait i know " if kixeye didnt want us to hit lvl 40s they wouldnt have made it fair game " right? lmao thats a weak excuse. yea and if the alliance member guard is there it wont make it easy for you right? oh and btw im a lvl 51 so dont try to tell me that i dont know what im talking about and yes i have hit a few lvls lower than me only to get payback for my team. but other than that im hitting my own lvl mostly.

anyone over level 50 doesn't get points for hitting anything under 50, so your post doesn't make sense.

**and anyone over level 50, should have a good enough base, where you shouldn't have to have your alliance spam guards for it.
    sardonique

ex-IKY, ex-DOA, ex-PNLS, never ex-ex.....

.....hey pirates....I'm back.  Buwahahahaha
  • Peter Watson
    Peter Watson
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 206
    That doesn't stop them doing it though.
    TANSTAAFL
    There ain't no such thing as a free lunch Bandito260 Sector 493; Level 84 Please feel free to correct my grammar, spelling, punctuation, syntax or idiom, but if you do, remember that I am British and hence a member of the only nation who has the right to term themselves native speakers of the English language. Please also ensure when doing so that the text of your corrective post is word perfect.
  • Peter Watson
    Peter Watson
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 206
    On "cool-down".
    You cannot assign an alliance defender when there is one already.
    You can only assign defenders from inside your base.
    Once assigned the defending fleet must travel from your base to the base it is guarding.

This resolves the issue of cool-down, limits the deployment of "super-heavy" fleets and introduces an element of real-time into base attacks.
    TANSTAAFL
    There ain't no such thing as a free lunch Bandito260 Sector 493; Level 84 Please feel free to correct my grammar, spelling, punctuation, syntax or idiom, but if you do, remember that I am British and hence a member of the only nation who has the right to term themselves native speakers of the English language. Please also ensure when doing so that the text of your corrective post is word perfect.
  • spiritbear75
    spiritbear75
    Potential Threat
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 25
    there should be no level requirement especially since the big players can guard the little 1s
  • drizzit
    drizzit
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Feb 2011 Posts: 478
    923119 wrote: »
    there should be no level requirement especially since the big players can guard the little 1s

did you not read it?
This discussion has been closed.