Alliance Base Guarding

MagicSarap
MagicSarap
Unicorn Overlord
Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 5,522
edited 5 Feb 2013, 4:48PM
Greetings Captains,

With Alliances released, the team wanted to go back and take a look at the functionality and design of Alliance Guard Fleets. We’ve looked at your comments and would like to share the current design for the feature and get some more feedback.

Feature Breakdown

Being in an Alliance will allow an Alliance member to guard another member’s base. Here are the details on how the feature will function.
• An Alliance Guard Fleet must follow the same rules as attacking fleets when being set.
o +/- 5 player base up to level 40.
o Uncapped from level 40 up.
• An Alliance member can click on a friendly Alliance base and select the Guard Base option (if they meet the level requirements).
o Only one Guard Fleet per base.
o If the Guard Fleet moves, it disengages as a Guard Fleet.
• An Alliance member can deploy a maximum of three fleets as Alliance Guard Fleets.
• There will be an icon on the World Map to indicate the Guard Fleet.
o If the player also has defending fleets near their base, the Alliance Guard Fleet will enter combat first.

Tell your thoughts, Captains!
  • Ascension
    Ascension
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Mar 2012 Posts: 26,257
    By icon for guard fleet on world map, do you mean other than the radar showing units there?

Forum banned by a hypocrite at Kixeye.

• 00zau
    00zau
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Feb 2012 Posts: 6,403
  • TRAIN-LOZ
    TRAIN-LOZ
    Potential Threat
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 87
    with forcing fleet vs fleet battles i hope you'll be inserting points for these.
  • kris1019
    kris1019
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 3,474
    Don't we have enough problems with people spamming gunboats to guard their base? Now we are getting a whole alliance that can do it?
  • MagicSarap
    MagicSarap
    Unicorn Overlord
    By icon for guard fleet on world map, do you mean other than the radar showing units there?

Something like an icon next to the fleet name to designate it as a Guard Fleet.
  • MagicSarap
    MagicSarap
    Unicorn Overlord
    Train-REC wrote: »
    with forcing fleet vs fleet battles i hope you'll be inserting points for these.

This is being looked into at the moment.
  • Quackgoesthe
    Quackgoesthe
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Mar 2012 Posts: 1,706
    Yes, let's all spam gunboats to defend our allies.

Yet another thing to put the nail in the coffin.

Instead of encouraging people to defend each other's bases with fvf fleets, let's encourage them to build better bases by awarding points for successful points. I seriously doubt the majority of BP wants this feature.
    ([Damage] * (1 + [Damage Bonus])) / ([Reload] / (1 + [Reload bonus]) + 0.1 * ([Salvo] - 1)) = [DPS]
    Not factoring in splash or spread.
    (3200 * (1 + 0)) / (4 / (1 + 0) + 0.1 * (6 - 1)) = 711
    (3200 * (1 + -0.65)) / (4 / (1 + 2) + 0.1 * (6 - 1)) = 611

[QUOTE=KIXEYE CM MagicSarap;2643418]Actually, it's 815 trillion.
  • TRAIN-LOZ
    TRAIN-LOZ
    Potential Threat
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 87
    This is being looked into at the moment.

thanks i do like the basis of this....but when you start making it harder to attack bases due to spam defending, a useful tool making alliance points harder would only be fair to gain points from the guard fleets, not neccecerily all fvf. maybe 25-100 points or judged via the lvl

thanks for the quick reply guess its all in the timing
    train
  • azagoth
    azagoth
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 538
    I like it, gives everyone a reason to FvF again
    :cool:
  • Ankle Biters
    Ankle Biters
    Potential Threat
    Joined Feb 2012 Posts: 89
    This is absolutely horrible! You halfway take away the "frubbling" and yet are making a BRAND SPANKIN NEW WAY to allowing them to frubble in a way. People still hit bases when you try to attack them to tie them up, and this is encouraging more sector police. If their base can't defend itself, they need to go play farmville!
    o_O
  • 00zau
    00zau
    Unicorn Overlord
    Regarding GB spam.

A) Players can already do that themselves, so it likely won't become any more of a problem than it is (not that I've seen it much/at all).
    B) Solution: put a 5 minute delay on before another allied guard can be put on after one is destroyed.
  • beel78
    beel78
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 8,189
    do we get points for killing fleets?
    'Soon' in KIXEYE time means once our Sun dies'. 
     Wil Harbin said:

Kixeye hasn’t done as much to annoy its users as other game companies have. It doesn’t sell decorations for games and try to milk gamers for all they’re worth, and it doesn’t sell advanced weaponry that will allow rich gamers to wipe out poor gamers. But it does allow users to accelerate time in the game. Rather than wait for something to be developed, a user can pay to accelerate the build time for units.

• Captain_Nash
    Captain_Nash
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 165
    This is absolutely horrible! You halfway take away the "frubbling" and yet are making a BRAND SPANKIN NEW WAY to allowing them to frubble in a way. People still hit bases when you try to attack them to tie them up, and this is encouraging more sector police. If their base can't defend itself, they need to go play farmville!

I disagree....this is a way to help others in your Alliance. That is what Alliances are about....and for the record...I will always do whatever the game allows to protect a team member...
    "SUCK IT UP BUTTERCUP"......THAT'S MY FINAL WORD.
  • kris1019
    kris1019
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 3,474
    Sinking an enemy alliance fleet would be the only thing to make this worthwhile.
    beel78 wrote: »
    do we get points for killing fleets?
  • Biggie
    Biggie
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jun 2011 Posts: 89
    I think this is a VERY good feature, which can allow you alliance to help those that are offline......+1
    LeveL 69    F.U.N

(Farming U Next)

"The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It is a very mean and nasty place and it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't how hard you hit; it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done." ~Balboa 
  • Quackgoesthe
    Quackgoesthe
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Mar 2012 Posts: 1,706
    Should this be implemented, please make it so that you cannot guard a base currently under attack. As it stands, if you have to prep you could come out to bring in the next fleet with the right timing and someone could be guarding, preventing you from getting in. If the base is under attack the guard base option should not be available for alliance mates.
    ([Damage] * (1 + [Damage Bonus])) / ([Reload] / (1 + [Reload bonus]) + 0.1 * ([Salvo] - 1)) = [DPS]
    Not factoring in splash or spread.
    (3200 * (1 + 0)) / (4 / (1 + 0) + 0.1 * (6 - 1)) = 711
    (3200 * (1 + -0.65)) / (4 / (1 + 2) + 0.1 * (6 - 1)) = 611

[QUOTE=KIXEYE CM MagicSarap;2643418]Actually, it's 815 trillion.
  • 00zau
    00zau
    Unicorn Overlord
    Ducky424 wrote: »
    Should this be implemented, please make it so that you cannot guard a base currently under attack. As it stands, if you have to prep you could come out to bring in the next fleet with the right timing and someone could be guarding, preventing you from getting in. If the base is under attack the guard base option should not be available for alliance mates.

This, +10 second cooldown or so.
  • Stivrax
    Stivrax
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Feb 2012 Posts: 199
    I love this idea since people still only hit the little guys in my alliance
    Stivrax
    Hulls won- who cares
  • sardonique13
    sardonique13
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 863
    Horrible idea. When this happens, you will see alot of people quit the alliance feature because now alliance mates will be able to spam a base to death with guard fleets. Horrible, HORRIBLE idea.
    sardonique

ex-IKY, ex-DOA, ex-PNLS, never ex-ex.....

.....hey pirates....I'm back.  Buwahahahaha
  • Ankle Biters
    Ankle Biters
    Potential Threat
    Joined Feb 2012 Posts: 89
    I disagree....this is a way to help others in your Alliance. That is what Alliances are about....and for the record...I will always do whatever the game allows to protect a team member...

Oh so you are one who hits your alliance members bases so that others can't?? What sector are you in, so I can come farm you...
    o_O
  • Frayzor
    Frayzor
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 203
    So for example..if i am prepping a base and one of his alliance friends turns up and clicks 'guard base'....does this mean that when i exit after prepping that i can't do another hit ??....because if i do, then i will automatically engage the guard fleet.?...He could even hide under the base while i was prepping, so i couldn't see his tag and recognise it was someone from the same alliance, so chances are it's a trap as he's now guarding his friend's base. There should be some way i could still do the other hit(s), such as ...'a base can't be 'guarded' by someone other than the bases 'owner' until after a 10 minute cool down period after an attack',..or something similar. Some bases take more than one prep/hit.
  • beel78
    beel78
    Unicorn Overlord
    Frayzor wrote: »
    So for example..if i am prepping a base and one of his alliance friends turns up and clicks 'guard base'....does this mean that when i exit after prepping that i can't do another hit ??....because if i do, then i will automatically engage the guard fleet.?...He could even hide under the base while i was prepping, so i couldn't see his tag and recognise it was someone from the same alliance, so chances are it's a trap as he's now guarding his friend's base. There should be some way i could still do the other hit(s), such as ...'a base can't be 'guarded' by someone other than the bases 'owner' until after a 10 minute cool down period after an attack',..or something similar. Some bases take more than one prep/hit.
    hint of advice......if your not sure if someone is under a base then look at the radar....shows a triangle and you will know but, I see your point. This WILL bring large groups to hit one base again so it is awesome for the FvF. Has its drawbacks but may breath the FvF aspect back into the game.
     Wil Harbin said:

Kixeye hasn’t done as much to annoy its users as other game companies have. It doesn’t sell decorations for games and try to milk gamers for all they’re worth, and it doesn’t sell advanced weaponry that will allow rich gamers to wipe out poor gamers. But it does allow users to accelerate time in the game. Rather than wait for something to be developed, a user can pay to accelerate the build time for units.

• richard n
    richard n
    Greenhorn
    Joined Mar 2012 Posts: 8
    why add more if anything up the quota needed for the week
  • Boothys
    Boothys
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 284
    IMO this is not a great idea and this is why. you think about it. the player base your trying to attack could have upto 9 fleets guarding his base. and now your on about adding more to it with 3 more so that's 12 fleets i have to get through to hit a base. i think that is to much for such a little reward and is not worth my time or effort
                                                                                                         Level: 78
                                                                                                     Sectors: All over
                                                                                                     Happy Hunting
                                                                                         Http://support.kixeye.com.mail/
  • MagicSarap
    MagicSarap
    Unicorn Overlord
    00zau wrote: »
    Regarding GB spam.

A) Players can already do that themselves, so it likely won't become any more of a problem than it is (not that I've seen it much/at all).
    B) Solution: put a 5 minute delay on before another allied guard can be put on after one is destroyed.

The idea of a cooldown has been thrown around.
  • Frayzor
    Frayzor
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 203
    beel78 wrote: »
    hint of advice......if your not sure if someone is under a base then look at the radar....shows a triangle and you will know but, I see your point. This WILL bring large groups to hit one base again so it is awesome for the FvF. Has its drawbacks but may breath the FvF aspect back into the game.

lol....i can use radar, but i think you recognised as you said you got my point....there's a difference between someone under the base trying to ninja you who is NOT from the same alliance....and someone from the same alliance under the base who has clicked 'guard' hoping to trap you. Yes you can see them on radar, but you can't tell 'who' it is.

I'm a lvl 57 solo player, not in an alliance and there's loads like me, so in my case it won't revive FvF by bringing 'large groups to hit one base'
  • MagicSarap
    MagicSarap
    Unicorn Overlord
    Ducky424 wrote: »

Regarding the "under attack" status, are you including the time between prep and actual attack?
  • MagicSarap
    MagicSarap
    Unicorn Overlord
    sardonique wrote: »
    Horrible idea. When this happens, you will see alot of people quit the alliance feature because now alliance mates will be able to spam a base to death with guard fleets. Horrible, HORRIBLE idea.

A cooldown or delay timer would counteract this issue, would it not?
  • antman
    antman
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Feb 2012 Posts: 1,293
    Alliance points are hard enough to get atm due to levels we need to hit being constantly bubbled.

Introduce this feature and it will b even harder. The bonus's aren't worth it now so if this comes out im boycotting the whole alliance idea.
  • beel78
    beel78
    Unicorn Overlord
    Frayzor wrote: »
    lol....i can use radar, but i think you recognised as you said you got my point....there's a difference between someone under the base trying to ninja you who is NOT from the same alliance....and someone from the same alliance under the base who has clicked 'guard' hoping to trap you. Yes you can see them on radar, but you can't tell 'who' it is.
    Yeah good point. I hope we can not be spammed by 10 alliance members right after a prep. Will be great for FvF but will make hitting bases far more time consuming.
     Wil Harbin said:

This discussion has been closed.