Navigation Relay

• Trogar
    Trogar
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 13,085
    Again, they need to be within the appropriate ranges in order to attack; you're going off the premise that all players near a Relay Tower will always be attacked. Also, Tower/Base proximity isn't something that's been finalized yet.

Is there a reason the current Drac bases could not be used? Seems Like a good use for them... Other than the eons old "Coming Soon - Attack Drac Bases".
  • MagicSarap
    MagicSarap
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 5,522
    Trogar wrote: »
    Is there a reason the current Drac bases could not be used? Seems Like a good use for them...

There are other plans for Drac bases.
  • Trogar
    Trogar
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 13,085
    Yeah, beat me to the revision... Can we expect the February WIP soon?
  • MagicSarap
    MagicSarap
    Unicorn Overlord
    Trogar wrote: »
    Yeah, beat me to the revision... Can we expect the February WIP soon?

Working to get it finalized.
  • Dark Sigma
    Dark Sigma
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 405
    Pamela wrote: »
    ewww I have to agree here, this is just ammunition for sector police to convince new players that we aren't SUPPOSED to hit insector ..... so far, not a fan.

Pammykins and the other one are right... Sometimes.. Hitting insector is a great thing and whereas I like the idea of short out of sector travel times... I cannot say this is a PERFECT concept... Might need some work though.

Also.. HI PAMMYKINS!!!
    Battle Pirates Name - Delta
    Level - 56
    Alliance -  **** Skulls [BLOOD]
    Alliance Title - Member / Gunner
    Current Sector - 113
    Sectors Visited - 4, 45, 78, 88, 113, 123, 126, 210, 219, 330, 431, 435
    Total Blueprints Obtained / Completed - 155 and counting ;)

Noteworthy Raid Prizes Won - DNX, Mauler, Goli, Mercury, MC, BC, Jugg, Javelin, and many more.

Notewrothy Forsaken Mission Prizes Won - Many
  • Dark Sigma
    Dark Sigma
    Skilled Warrior
    kris1019 wrote: »
    However, it will open up new targets too, since almost all 50+ level bases stay bubbled forever now that alliance feature is out.

This is a good point though. I am geting to the point where I have had to literally farm my neighboring sector of EVERY 40-47 base I can flatten since stuff my level, 48+, are ALWAYS alliance frubbled.
    Level - 56
    Current Sector - 113

Noteworthy Raid Prizes Won - DNX, Mauler, Goli, Mercury, MC, BC, Jugg, Javelin, and many more.

• PittsburghPirates
    PittsburghPirates
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 123
    Again, they need to be within the appropriate ranges in order to attack; you're going off the premise that all players near a Relay Tower will always be attacked. Also, Tower/Base proximity isn't something that's been finalized yet.

I'm going off the premise that all lvl players will be using the relay which puts all lvl bases near the tower in bubbles constantly. I'm not concerned by this at all, but it is a valid argument. You can bet ur toosh I am hitting the 1st base I see within my range when coming out of the relay. I would also say this would be true of anyone coming through the relay. Using the "less travel time to the relay" argument was a pretty lame reasoning tactic lol
    PittsburghPirates lvl 55

Born: sect 137
    Visits: 138, 15, 360, 269, and I forget the rest.....

Forum Bans: 1
    Length: 3 days

Naughty Points: 3
  • Alan Hamon
    Alan Hamon
    Greenhorn
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 12
    This sounds great, but you would proberly need a bubble over the Relay Towers otherwise people would just pick off base fleets .
    Protection is the one of the main topics of discussion around this feature.
  • Dark Sigma
    Dark Sigma
    Skilled Warrior
    Also... if this is implemented and whatnot... how about expanding our MAXIMUM NUMBER OF BOOKMARKS - 40 is hardly enough now to cover my farms AND a few allies, let alone farms in sectors 20 sectors away!
    Level - 56
    Current Sector - 113

• dayuma
    dayuma
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 647
    So... are all 4 of these relays gonna be in the northern part of the sector, since that's the only place everyone is & can relocate to? This is a snide way of saying this feature would be great, but only AFTER the relocate glitch is repaired.
    Never coined a dime since day one & proud of it. 

User I.D. - 2.3 million
  • andy_v
    andy_v
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 1,148
    Maybe a few folks wanted this but it is not what the majority wants. Not by a long shot. This idea isn't worth a hoot. It opens up more bases??????? Really???? They are just a bubbled ten sectors away as they are one sector away. Most folks don't care to travel that far anyway. If you want to shorten time on something shorten the time to build ships and repair them. Surely you haven't wasted your resources building this network when you could have been adressing real issues with the game. You guys really need to get your priorities right. Are you guys so smart that you have completely lost all concepts of common sense?
  • DFB_King Phantom
    DFB_King Phantom
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jan 2013 Posts: 2
    Personally I think it just gives the potential to make enemies in sectors far away, and it's highly stupid to wage war with enemies you wouldn't otherwise run into when everyone is already busy fighting enemies who are right next door. Now instead of getting revenge on Mr. SeaDog who's literally just a 10 min travel from you, you have to go freaking 10-20 sectors away(OFG!!!!!) and hit this person, and that person, and because everyone got access to this, it will mean more people dropping in on your little sec 90, some coming as far as from sec 150 something(wtf) and nobody likes getting hit too much,...it makes the game annoying.
  • Dobby
    Dobby
    Potential Threat
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 70
    This concept is being considered to increase the available target bases to hit, in particular in the 50 plus range i take it?

Sorry but it will not make any difference to the shortage, the local targets will be taken by players further away, the same shortage of bases to hit will still be there regardless of how good this feature is.

I think you need to look at the main reason you want to create this feature and think of other ways to achieve that.

If the idea is to make it easier to find a 50 plus base, call me "revoilutionary" if you must but the best way to do that is to increase the amount of 50 plus bases available to hit.

2 ways you might be able to do that are;

1) Encourage more level 50s to join alliances by affording them better protection, while I understand there needs to be a point where a base should be strong enough to compete in the big pond, they are still going to need a leg up in order to compete on a somewhat level playing field, create a system where a lower level allaince member fending off a higher level will receive some kind of defensive bonus on top of their alliance bonus, for every level they are higher give a 1% increased fire rate and 1% increased armour for example, it will help reduce the level 50 farming and encourage some of the very high to pick on targets closer their size and leave more for the lower50s to hit.

As it is now, a low level 50 player would be crazy to join an alliance unless they have used a lot of coins to get their base and fleets ready

2) Limit the amount of points available from base hitting every week to say 600 in order to more evenly share the [strike]"farms" [/strike] level 50 plus bases then increase the available points for salvage and or fvf (presuming a way to incorporate FvF points without it being abused is available), as it is now a level 62 can only get points from a 55 elite or above which can be extremley rare, as you get higher from there the problem gets worse, increase the range that provides points to -15 of base level and higher and give double points for killing elites while maintaing points for 51 and above salavge for everbody regardless of level
  • Ding Dong
    Ding Dong
    Potential Threat
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 33
    MagicSarap what is the point in this poll Kixeye will start do it anyway
  • Lucky Luke
    Lucky Luke
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 8,422
    The R. wrote: »
    Even as a non-in sec hitter I got enough targets within reasonable travel times, and given the high fleet repair times increasing volume of targets is not actually required, except for the heavy coiners. I see this feature as being superfluous and adding unnecessary lag and cross-travelling. It's certainly not of top-drawer importance, unlike, to choose a completely random example, a Dry Dock maybe? ;)

PS: Won't vote on a poll that doesn't even give us the choice to say we don't want this, either. Small wonder people get the feeling Kixeye forces unnecessary features down our throats when we can only choose the HOW, but not the IF.

Some common sense!

We want a dry dock and Kixeye to look at repair times, not more lag.

Q. If this come into effect and u have star gated 100 sectors away (for Eq) and die in a base, does the fleet then take the long way home or does it automaticly use the star gate?
  • Lucky Luke
    Lucky Luke
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 8,422
    There are other plans for Drac bases.

"coming soon" lmao
  • Ron Valk
    Ron Valk
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Jul 2011 Posts: 1,190
    Ill think they introduce this option because more and more sectors are getting abondoned.
    Just look at this forum with lots of question why lots of players leaving this game.
    To do some maths here, it will just decrease the chance to hit an active base with say around 10 %.
    But the problem will be that 5 sectors next to you, they also looking for active bases, so youll need to be lucky to find an open base what isnt bubbled.
    Smart alliances will put people over every 5 sectors, to control a large area.
    Does this add something to the game ?
    My guess would be, NO....
    Kixeye may find itself feeling a bit like Leonard Hofstadter chasing fellow physicist Sheldon Cooper around in the ball-pit — trying to be the mature party — while Sheldon keeps frustratingly dodging Leonard, all the while shouting: “BaZynga
  • Vortech
    Vortech
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 173
    MagicBunny must be losing his ears right now..

"..blablabla in 1942 in the atlantic battles the naval combat didn't have...blablabla barf"
  • CharlatanUK
    CharlatanUK
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jan 2011 Posts: 255
    so, if a fleet is moving around, in normal speed, it would still be impossible to intercept it, right? Unless it stops, that is. Now, while traveling at super speed, could it be intercepted/attacked? Or only upon exit to a destination point?

• SandmanX
    SandmanX
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Aug 2011 Posts: 1,078
    You not wanting it =/= no one wants it.

Saw plenty of wish list posts for this.

12 posts.

That was it.

Could be cool - but this could be abused in so many ways. Just concider the amount of ghostfleet's beeing used right now? Every time you make such a portaljump, you need a DB check for each fleet - it will either require alot more server power - or it will create countless errors/glitches. One thing thats a certain, it will create massive lag.

So.. seems like a cool idea, while it really isn't.

Instead of pleasing 12 guys, there's a different upgrade in a base that would make people happy, wont create lag and only increase overall happyness. Choose the right path.
  • Financeranger
    Financeranger
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined May 2011 Posts: 462
    Flo wrote: »
    I like that there are shorter travel times between sectors..only thing I dislike at this is that it will probably reduce the number of insecs even more :(

why is that bad, the main reason people hit insect is to avoid travel time.

Good feature, once I select travel by relay an ship moves it should not be touchable, once transported it can be hit within 3-5 sec.
    Level 102, Collected all the hulls kix wants me to coin! Sectors travels...who cares play the game and don't whine when you get hit!
  • Kieran B R Marchant
    Kieran B R Marchant
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 233
    IF you are to protect fleets using this I would suggest 5 seconds, although every beneficial feature should have a cost / risk to its use - so I say unprotected :-)

I would have thought there were better things to concentrate on.
    Personally, I want to be able to manage all the ships I'm able to build and not just the current 50.
    Level 83
    Custard

Player since March 2011
  • ACJ73
    ACJ73
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 1,104
    Greetings Captains,

One of the features currently planned for Battle Pirates is the new Navigation Relay Network. With this system, players will be able to substantially reduce the amount of time necessary to travel between sectors.

Feature Breakdown
    Each sector will have four Relay Towers. Players will need to travel to the towers in order to hook into the Forsaken Relay Network.
    • Players will be able to sync into the relay network and travel quickly through up to five sectors at a time.
    • Players can use the network multiple times to travel even further from their home sector.
    • If a player’s fleet is defeated far away from the home sector, it will automatically use the Relay Network to get back home.

Protection
    At the moment, the design discussion is centered on whether or not players entering/exiting the Navigation Relay should be vulnerable to attacks - and if not, how long they should be protected.
    • Increased combat activity is generally a good thing (especially in a game called Battle Pirates), but there is the potential for this to cause unwanted game behavior.
    • One of the primary concerns here is the potential for spawn camping at a Relay Tower keeping other players from using the feature at all.

Let us know what you think!

Equally boring and non-essential and non gameplay affecting feature. Gz on that as well...
    And Kixeye is always fixing issues on the back end, taking staff off of new features won't get it done any faster (9 women can't make a baby in 1 month), and stagnation can easily kill a game.

General rule of thumb in this game is if you beat someone you are a hacker, if you lose to them you suck. - Jake.Ohara10

• bruce_lee
    bruce_lee
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 1,735
    I like this idea very much and I voted for protection upon exiting Relay due to as stated SOS lags and crashes, if you dont I can see sector police sitting at relay waiting for a fleet to appear. better yet have fleets in a hidden fashion as like when we send fleets to drac bases that way the sector doesnt know if someone around or not

I like the idea of a Navigation Relay and would like to second the idea of keeping fleets hidden. There should be something like a drac base at each end of the array and ships can stay hidden and protected. Being able to assemble a group and launching a massive and coordinated surprise attack on a different sector would be fun.
  • RW Miller
    RW Miller
    Master Tactician
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 2,136
    I kn ow this sounds stupid but why not just increase the map speed.. This telportation idea has been a part of yoville for years If you are traveling more than 2 sectors away from your base you may want to just relocate..More of the additions and we can shrink the map down from 500 sectors to 200 as more people flee the game that would decrease travel time as well.. Every sector im looking at has more wide open space than it did just 4 months ago.. There has to be more done to curb the hacking and cheating as well we need points for hitting non allied bases that would increase targets and encourage thos ewho arent in an allianc eto get into one since they risk being hit anyway.. As far as getting 5 points for salvs not in my level is it worth it all I can hit are lvl 55 and up If im taking damage im looking for a base where the payout is higher...
  • bruce_lee
    bruce_lee
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 1,735
    If it takes more then 10 minutes to travel on this navigation relay then insector hitters are probably not going to use it much. It will probably be a feature that gets used occasionally to hunt down certain people or groups.
  • GI-JOE
    GI-JOE
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Mar 2012 Posts: 449
    i voted for always vulnerable,

to stop the spawn campers and keep it somewhat challenging to both parties make the spawn point for the incoming ship over a decent sized area on the map so not every ship spawns at the same spot
    Nothing is true until I say it is.
    See what problems build times cause.... Unplanned PREGNANCIES what next drug addicts, chronic masterbators etc

UNT_GI-JOE_NWO
    Current Level: 56
    Current Sector: 379
    Sectors Visited: 337, 338, 145, 461, 372, 14, 260, 70, 374, 427, 245, 352, 379
  • Liam-99
    Liam-99
    Master Tactician
    Joined Jan 2012 Posts: 2,112
    This sounds massively over complicated. we need a method for jumping 5 sectors but perhaps a new transport ship would be more fitting with perhaps a cool down period.

your over complicating the issue. this sounds like a glitch fest.

therefore im not going to vote as i feel your making something no one needs.
    Join my weekly show on YouTube and follow us on Facebook as we discuss all things BP....The Forsaken Council. 
  • MagicSarap
    MagicSarap
    Unicorn Overlord
    ReLeNtLeSs wrote: »
    This sounds massively over complicated. we need a method for jumping 5 sectors but perhaps a new transport ship would be more fitting with perhaps a cool down period.

your over complicating the issue. this sounds like a glitch fest.

therefore im not going to vote as i feel your making something no one needs.

Is there anything in particular that sounds overly complicated? The system is still being worked on so if there is something in particular, we can perhaps streamline it.
  • Quiet Storm
    Quiet Storm
    Potential Threat
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 65
    would'nt it be easier to just be able to pick what sector n jump
    LVL Headed
This discussion has been closed.