Navigation Relay

• medic9021
    medic9021
    Potential Threat
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 81
    So if we offer protection in entering/exiting the relay stations what is going to be the next step? Hit a base you get a 30 min free protection window? I think that the Navagation Array if released should have the same guidelines as base hits. In that A. you can be hit on your way in, or B. on your way out. To just allow ppl to go where ever with out consequences is absurd. IF that was the case then why did they do away with bbl buddies? because part of the game is getting your base hit i believe was the rationale behind the banning of the bbl buddy system!
    Proud Owner of  BBA, BC, BBX, BS, Corvette, Cuda, Destroyer, Destroyer X, DNX, Frigate, Goliath, Jugg's HHA, HHB,  LC, LCX, Levi A, Mauler, Mercury, Rampart, Spectre, Stingray, SSA.
    Arc, Halo, Jav
    Fear My Frigate Fleet!!!!
    LVL 62
  • PittsburghPirates
    PittsburghPirates
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 123
    I personally have no use for this function as I am an insector hitter. I also feel there are far better ideas that should be tested/researched first, but we all know Kixeye simply does what it wants regardless, so there is no need for me to go into depth on those.

Now about this relay function:

It's a decent idea for those who travel. As for the protection of fleets using the relay system, I think they should be as vulnerable as they are when hitting a base. If the fleet is moving and connects to the relay network, then it can't be hit, same as hitting a base. On the exit, I suggest a 5 second protection period so players can't camp and attack as soon as a fleet comes through. 5 seconds is plenty of time to react and move ur fleet to avoid attack. This relay function is a matter of convenience, and with convenience comes risk, and potentially higher costs. If a player gets caught after the 5 seconds, then it is their own fault and deserve to be sunk. This is a battle game and players need to be paying attention and aware of their surroundings at all times :)

As for those who wish to camp, I will simply send a gunboat through, hit ur fleet to gets coords, then smash ur base :)

When in the network, I think 10 mins is plenty of time to find out where ur going. If the 10 mins expires, ur simply spit back out where u entered.
    PittsburghPirates lvl 55

Born: sect 137
    Visits: 138, 15, 360, 269, and I forget the rest.....

Forum Bans: 1
    Length: 3 days

Naughty Points: 3
  • humanevil
    humanevil
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 1,882
    Protection is the one of the main topics of discussion around this feature.

before i go any further i think the nav idea is a good 1 and now my problem. why is protection one of the main topics lol u stopped people hitting base fleets when they left bases but now u don't know if u should stop people hitting base fleets when coming/going on this forsaken network?? surely u have all ready answered this question with the removal of the attack button. come on guys make your minds up this company has no clue
  • Kevin Unfriendedme
    Kevin Unfriendedme
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jan 2013 Posts: 3
    Dry dock for refits!
  • Mad MacMad
    Mad MacMad
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 412
    just dislike the idea completely, cant see the merit whatsover
  • Aaron C Reichert
    Aaron C Reichert
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Feb 2011 Posts: 462
    dang it i voted wrong, but what i really wanted is not there
    you should be safe until you move, if you make it 30-45 seconds you will have some people that can pop though the tower on a good day and get to someones base still under protection, but on the flip side on a bad day you have the people that pop through the tower then SOS, reload then are already in combat.
    i am not saying all day protection until you move but why not 5 min or until you load

or even better yet you know how you have the popup window for when your base is under attack, or the popup window to repair after an attack, and you can do nothing until you close that. what about when you transport your fleet gets a blew glow under it (red is combat yellow is combat you can join blue would be warp gate) so they can't spam click attack and totally block your chance to move. while the popup window notifies you of the warp, gives you time to load (or crash, i am expecting to crash often using this feature for the first few months) and in the process forces you to drop your protection before you can do anything removing the ability to use it as a safe haven.

now that i typed that out, i love the idea of the popup for base attacks also, to protect you from the SOS or battle timed out bug on base attacks... but that will be in a new threat
    I back this negative infinity. Nullifying your insane percentages.
    Well, I back this with a lot of positive negativity.... :P
  • Chris Robb
    Chris Robb
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 2,547
    seems ok but it will need to be well balanced in terms of safe / unsafe 'porting' as such otherwise it will be abused hard.
    oh if this was a teaser, explains why you are all master baiters :)

bored :)

Hitman007 said:
    It has built in re-targeting however because you do not have laser on them they will not hit subs under water with them.
  • NM-Executioner
    NM-Executioner
    Joined Feb 2012 Posts: 1,877
    i think if you use it you should put the target needs be least 2 sectors away so u have to manualy go to next sector but u can go 2 sectors or more with this feature

i voted never vunerable

but only for like 5 hours of not moving u fleet (max)

and then after that then your guess what will happen
    reduced repair and builds times wont happen kixeye said 6 months ago they looking into it umm whats too look into there kixeye i dont see what your looking at?
  • NM-Executioner
    NM-Executioner
    Joined Feb 2012 Posts: 1,877
    and u can only use the feature like once every 12 hours like merc fleets n in our base we have a timer maybe say in officer lab or something or on the outpost or up next to merc n gift box
    reduced repair and builds times wont happen kixeye said 6 months ago they looking into it umm whats too look into there kixeye i dont see what your looking at?
  • KILLER94
    KILLER94
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Aug 2011 Posts: 525
    so is it like a teleporter or does it make your fleet travel faster???
  • C-Bz
    C-Bz
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 882
    This is absurd, please STOP and put your time into resolving the sos screens and blue screens before making the game perform even worse than it is now. ABSURD.
  • Justin Venable
    Justin Venable
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 424
    Not interested in this. What's to stop a whole sector from organizing and going in to hit another one? And the lag that would create on both servers. THIS IS another addition that has NOT BEEN thoroughly THOUGHT OUT.
  • drizzit
    drizzit
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Feb 2011 Posts: 478
    from what i gather a player moves to relay portal and enters then exits on a selected sector ..if the the feet remains on a vector let it sail until a reaches a boundry or new cords are selected.. fleets cant attack moving ships so keep the fleet moving like enurcia.
  • drizzit
    drizzit
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Feb 2011 Posts: 478
    this isn't another cash grab is it kixeye? be nice to get new free features.
  • John1975
    John1975
    Master Tactician
    Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 2,318
    the attack button gone on base hits makes it next to impossible to catch anyone they hit view map with 30 sec left in battle then recall/move instantly. This is even case on fleets hitting other fleets. I think easy middle ground to give a chance to catch players be it base hit or fleet hit is to make the battle pop up show no matter what even if you hit view map when battle is done you get battle results pop up and can not click anything till you x that out. Doing this will make it come down to skills on if you get caught or do not get caught. There should be no guarantee that you have free and clear escape this is a battle game and should always be risk that you get caught and sank that is part of the game.
    BadMoFo RYFG TTMX Level 97
  • Sprouts
    Sprouts
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Nov 2010 Posts: 3,716
    What's to stop a whole sector from organizing and going in to hit another one?

Why would you want to stop that?
    (\(\
    (o.o)
    (")(")*
  • Kickass BDS
    Kickass BDS
    Incursion Leader
    Joined May 2011 Posts: 1,426
    simply have a dead zone that the players spawn inside. players cannot attack ships within that space. players already in the sector would not be able to use this space as a safe harbor either, as once u enter this space it would trigger the portal. also, players boats that remained in the deadzone would die after a specified amount of time to prevent people from abusing the safe zone. one thing i would also like to add.....i do not think that dead ships should automatically use the portal system. they should travel home on their own power. there has to be a consequence for travelling a hundred sectors over just to be a jackass and kill a fleet on a base.... at the very least you should double the travel time home for a dead fleet. this would cut down on players abusing this feature.
     Kickass (BDS)  
    Sector: CURRENTLY PLAYING "another game" (name redacted because of a forum mod's threat of a ban)............... because Battle Pirates Devs DO NOT LISTEN and REFUSE to do what is NEEDED  to put Battle Pirates back on track.
     ------------------------------------------------------------------- 
    Youtube:

-------------------------------------------------------------------
  • Countryrazorback
    Countryrazorback
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 188
    I can see this causing a lot more people to leave the game. As it is now if you are in a sector that has a large coiner group come in and start bullying everyone, you can just jump to another sector to get away from them. If this feature is allowed, then there will be nowhere anyone can go to get away from bullies. They'll just be able to use this feature to go wherever you are.
  • Schnickser
    Schnickser
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jan 2012 Posts: 29
    Give coiner groups their own sector---- and children and families other!!!
  • KenG99
    KenG99
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 362
    Faster travel, no matter what, is a good thing. Still think doubling map speed for every ship would work as well.
    KenG99 BP Level 63
  • Simon Martin Lewis
    Simon Martin Lewis
    Greenhorn
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 13
    so you want to reduce travel times.....but wont look into reducing refit times combined with epically slow build times???? just showing your true colours once again kixeye!!!
  • Jonathan Roach
    Jonathan Roach
    Potential Threat
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 55
    I think all fleets traveling should be able to be sniped or caught en route and able to engage a fight

• Evilbill
    Evilbill
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 106
    Ducky424 wrote: »
    As much as I appreciate traveling times being reduced, would prefer other times that are much longer to be looked at ...

Couldn't have said it better Ducky. Like oh I dunno, repair time on LP lvl 5??
  • Jacob Petty
    Jacob Petty
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 269
    i think entering is ok but not for exiting due to loading issues/crashes whatever.
  • Unleashhell
    Unleashhell
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 72
    Going from the choices up at the top to vote on there are a few things to consider.

Players are never vulnerable.
    This would not be good because people will use these just like they do when hiding under drac bases. People would port in or whatever you want to call it, leave 1 or 2 fleets at the place you port in from while prepping a base.

Players are vulnerable upon entering the Navigation Relay.
    Should not be anymore more or less vulnerable than someone hitting a base.

Players are vulnerable upon exiting the Navigation Relay.
    This will make for camping to everyone entering the sector. Unless there is a timer for something like 30-60 seconds, only IF the player does not move their fleet. If they move their fleet they become vunerable like any other time. Personally I like 60 seconds only because you know as well as I do people WILL S.o.S sometimes and need to refresh. This will give plenty of time to get back into Battle Pirates.

Players are always vulnerable.
    Players will need time (if there is some kind of loading screen) to port.

So for right now its a little difficult to vote on any of those choices imo.
  • robocop
    robocop
    Potential Threat
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 90
    Greetings Captains,

One of the features currently planned for Battle Pirates is the new Navigation Relay Network. With this system, players will be able to substantially reduce the amount of time necessary to travel between sectors.

Feature Breakdown
    Each sector will have four Relay Towers. Players will need to travel to the towers in order to hook into the Forsaken Relay Network.
    • Players will be able to sync into the relay network and travel quickly through up to five sectors at a time.
    • Players can use the network multiple times to travel even further from their home sector.
    • If a player’s fleet is defeated far away from the home sector, it will automatically use the Relay Network to get back home.

Protection
    At the moment, the design discussion is centered on whether or not players entering/exiting the Navigation Relay should be vulnerable to attacks - and if not, how long they should be protected.
    • Increased combat activity is generally a good thing (especially in a game called Battle Pirates), but there is the potential for this to cause unwanted game behavior.
    • One of the primary concerns here is the potential for spawn camping at a Relay Tower keeping other players from using the feature at all.

Let us know what you think!

yesssss.. i was just saying in comms 2 days ago that it would be cool to teleport to other sectors and kill bases......that is just amazing...u read my mind :D
    MagicNinja_SBS lvl 60 ID# 275467
    owner of- every boat in the game :D
    Raid wins - BI 2, BI 3, BI 4, BI 5, BI 6, SW, SS, SF, LR,LF
    memeber of the SBS strike team
    sectors visited - 59,61,60,411,367,406,407,178,413,369,408,152,
    Rubber Ducky Your The One... You Make Bath Time So Much Fun!!!!!! :D
  • Dr Who
    Dr Who
    Greenhorn
    Joined Dec 2012 Posts: 5
    My biggest problem is if you have a base near the port you are screwed you will always be bubbled because you are the first thing they see coming out
  • MagicSarap
    MagicSarap
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 5,522
    Dr Who wrote: »
    My biggest problem is if you have a base near the port you are screwed you will always be bubbled because you are the first thing they see coming out

Remember that they will still need to adhere to the attacking level range. Also, those people will have to travel less to get to a Relay Tower.
  • PittsburghPirates
    PittsburghPirates
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 123
    Remember that they will still need to adhere to the attacking level range. Also, those people will have to travel less to get to a Relay Tower.

LMAO so as a consolation to getting ur base wiped, u get to travel 2 mins to the relay instead of 10. I can't possibly express how stupid that reasoning sounds lol
    PittsburghPirates lvl 55

Born: sect 137
    Visits: 138, 15, 360, 269, and I forget the rest.....

Forum Bans: 1
    Length: 3 days

Naughty Points: 3
  • MagicSarap
    MagicSarap
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 5,522
    LMAO so as a consolation to getting ur base wiped, u get to travel 2 mins to the relay instead of 10. I can't possibly express how stupid that reasoning sounds lol

Again, they need to be within the appropriate ranges in order to attack; you're going off the premise that all players near a Relay Tower will always be attacked. Also, Tower/Base proximity isn't something that's been finalized yet.
This discussion has been closed.