Navigation Relay

• KenG99
    KenG99
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 362
    Navigation relay great idea. Since we now have base guarding, no need to allow attacks on people entering or leaving the relay.
    KenG99 BP Level 63
  • Crabatron made me Ichi
    Crabatron made me Ichi
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined May 2011 Posts: 243
    Hmmm a Global Network of pirates you say?
    Let's call it Napster!
    Can we listen to our favorite jams for free when we use this network?
    [URL=http://wikisend.com/download/204640/Next Generation Yard Planner New Yard Template.zip]Next Generation Yard Planner New Yard Template.zip[/URL]
    Useful range information.
  • Wiked Klown
    Wiked Klown
    Master Tactician
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 2,171
    leave the stargates to that tv show give u a 2nd shipyard like we want and quit trying add bs
    BP id#550090     LVL 97
    WC id#341900    LVL 32 (retired)
    VC id#14874        LVL 26 (beta tester)(retired)
     **Leader of the Godz and ruler of sector 402**
    147 hackers banned and rising
  • Max Last
    Max Last
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 3,254
    Just once I'd like to come to...any...section of the forums and see posts actually about the topic. I honestly don't care enough to scroll back through pages of the same whiners with the same whining as every other single thread this time. I have to wonder if Kixeye does anymore, either.
    Back to my exact same spot:  Tower west, sector 7. coords 3631,461
  • 00zau
    00zau
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Feb 2012 Posts: 6,403
    Max Last wrote: »
    Just once I'd like to come to...any...section of the forums and see posts actually about the topic. I honestly don't care enough to scroll back through pages of the same whiners with the same whining as every other single thread this time. I have to wonder if Kixeye does anymore, either.

Yup. Half the posts in any official thread are nothing but complaining about what we haven't got.

If I was kixeye I'd tell 'em they ain't getting a second shipyard 'till they can go two weeks without whining about it. They're acting like 5 year olds, and I'd treat them as such.

Which is why I'll probably never work in a service industry.
  • BannedCantPlayNoMore
    BannedCantPlayNoMore
    Greenhorn
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 19
    cool I could travel to mates sector and not have to relocate whole base - GREAT idea - put a ring around usage for so many seconds so one does'nt get slammed using it and let it be - GREAT feature - give some bonus for those using it too - get peeps all over the place :) - A whole new meaning to smash and dash - lol
  • Pheerless Cat
    Pheerless Cat
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 103
    My $0.02 - allowing vulnerability will bring back FvF.
    Base invaders V Proud owner of the Strike Cruiser - First raid hull I have accumulated. Points accumulated before multiplier: 5,696,676
    Base invaders VI Proud owner of the HammerHead A - Second raid hull that I have accumulated. Points accumulated: 5,256,000
    Drac Hunt - Proud owner of the Battleship - Third raid hull I have accumulated - Completed Tier 4
    Drac Hunt 2 - Proud owner of the Juggernaut - Fourth raid hull I have accumulated - Completed Tier 4
    Dragons Nest 1 - Proud owner of the Mauler - Fifth raid hull I have accumulated - Completed Tier 4
    Dragons Nest 2 - Proud owner of the triton - Sixth raid hull I have accumulated - 5.7 million points
  • Kevin Unfriendedme
    Kevin Unfriendedme
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jan 2013 Posts: 3
    Hmm lets see. I think a drydock will be a more REALISTIC addition to the game. In the real world, you can build ships in one dock and refit them in another. You can't just telaport yourself somewhere. Call it whining, but the fact of the matter is this has been something MANY of us have been asking for for a long time. I certainly think its cowardly to be able to instantly telaport yourself to another sector, hit a base, then leave. EARN it by traveling there.
  • Wiked Klown
    Wiked Klown
    Master Tactician
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 2,171
    http://forums.kixeye.com/showthread.php?t=330211

this poll says we dont want this stargate shxt we want shipyard now quit pissing off ur players and making them quit
    BP id#550090     LVL 97
    WC id#341900    LVL 32 (retired)
    VC id#14874        LVL 26 (beta tester)(retired)
     **Leader of the Godz and ruler of sector 402**
    147 hackers banned and rising
  • gray beard
    gray beard
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined May 2011 Posts: 332
    we don need no stinkin' relay -- we NEED faster builds, repairs, refits or another ship yard
    graybeard
  • gray beard
    gray beard
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined May 2011 Posts: 332
    and if you can't find enough targets where you are - change sectors
    graybeard
  • masterjton80
    masterjton80
    Greenhorn
    Joined Aug 2012 Posts: 23
    I greatly respect that your wanting to addon to the game,but there is more important issues that need to be looked at.Like the dry Dock thats been asked for forever we need to be able to repair/refit and build or build/refit and repair or any combo you want to use,repair times on our ships are outa hand over 12 hours just on a thud FF flt,cant even imagine the time on a stocked dread flt.White screens and S.O.S is a huge issue they kill half of my flts a day and cause rediculous repair times that I shouldnt of had,and the biggest issue cause im a "whiny" lvl 43 is a lvl 60 attacking and creaming my base with bearly any damage every other day.They should only be able to attack over 5 lvls below there lvl a certain amount a day/week like maybe 2 a day instead of going around and taking out every lvl 40-45 with barely any damage and nothing gained from it,what did the lower lvls do to deserve that and if thats the case why stop at lvl 40 everyone should be able to do it.Adding on to the game is great thing but there are other addon/issue that need addressed first,Thank you for reading
  • Kevin Unfriendedme
    Kevin Unfriendedme
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jan 2013 Posts: 3
    Or heres a novel idea.. Kixeye should fix the problems with what the game has before adding to it.. Constant SOS/white screens. Having to cycle from base mode to map mode back to base mode to get my fleets unstuck from "docking".... ya know, the stuff thats should have been fixed back before this relay was even a pipe dream? Then lets add some realism and NOT do some world of warcraft crap relay and give us a dry dock.
  • TheCovenant
    TheCovenant
    Greenhorn
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 1
    So are we going to just teleport straight to the next relay or just extremely high map speed during transition?
                                                                                                                 -TheCovenant-
                                                                                                                      -Level 45- 

Home Sector: 334
                                                                                                              Primary Sector: 437
                                                                                                            Secondary Sector: 300

• Connery
    Connery
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jan 2012 Posts: 388
    Or heres a novel idea.. Kixeye should fix the problems with what the game has before adding to it.. Constant SOS/white screens. Having to cycle from base mode to map mode back to base mode to get my fleets unstuck from "docking".... ya know, the stuff thats should have been fixed back before this relay was even a pipe dream? Then lets add some realism and NOT do some world of warcraft crap relay and give us a dry dock.
    The only way that any glitches will ever be completely fixed is to move this game away from http/flash based and make it a true client-server application with a client that is downloadable to the local PC.  However, doing that will alienate all of the players that don't have a system powerful enough to run the client.  Anytime you have an application that transmits data across the Internet you are going to have latency problems and it doesn't matter how good or bad your computer is or how good or bad the application is, you will experience problems from time to time.

When you get an SOS/White Screen/Blue Screen or other issues where you lose connection with the game server, it means that it the process of your data packets traversing the Internet, enough of your data packets either didn't make it all the way to the server, or enough didn't get back to you that your web browser didn't know how to continue.  The Internet doesn't have controllable Quality of Service (QOS) like a local LAN does, so when you click on your ship to move it, the data packets with that request get sent out and might hit a router that doesn't have an updated routing table that shows that the link it is forwarding to is actually a dead end due to a problem.

That's why the majority or SOS/Whitescreens etc. are not Application issues, but transport issues.  Sometimes there are truly problems at the server end...and that is when EVERYONE is affected.  I'm sure that BP is being run on a Server Farm just like Halo and other internet hosted games, so if a single server in the farm has an issue, then only the people currently connected to that server will have an issue, and reloading your webpage connection to the game will connect you to a different server and continue to work normally.  If individual people scattered all over the world say they have problems, most likely their issue is related to their computer or internet connection and not the actual application.  However, on rare occasions, their user profile within the game can become corrupted and will need to be repaired.

That's why blaming ALL problems on KixEye just isn't realistic.  As an example, I play this on a Dell Latitude E6420 laptop running Win7 Enterprise with 4G RAM connected to an Exede satellite internet connection.  My latency is VERY high (800-900ms) pinging a server that I should normally get about 60-80ms if I was on a cable connection and I have very little problems while playing the game.
    Allow me to summarize: The coiners allow you to play for free, and there are plenty of non-coiners that win the event-only ships.
  • Firestorm29
    Firestorm29
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 110
    edited 17 Feb 2013, 1:16PM
    My major concern right now is without any sort of intercept option to stop an attacker in route is either:

We get a immunity period which means people who work quick can move untouched like moving from base to base

or

The network becomes a camper's paradise since it'll become hit on sight

Unless you can stop an enemy fleet in route in some way, I can't see anything other than these two scenarios happening.

{edit in} I just had an idea. Can you guys make the relay towers defensible like a base expect the whole sector can defend it? I think this would be more fair to an attacker since they can choose a relay point that isn't defended very well if they wanted without the feeling like every time they exit a tower without being sniped/camped and give the invaded sector a way to keep out invaders.
  • DeathRay
    DeathRay
    Greenhorn
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 18
    I've seen this system in another online game called "Dark Orbit" they put a zone around the area of the jump gate where no one can attack you until you leave the specified area, otherwise it'll be like a killing zone for unwanted fleets from other sector's, there will be lots of fleets converging on the navigation relays waiting for unrecognised fleets to arrive and instant engage and destroy policy then no one will use the relays for fear of losing fleets.

• Jim Bradshaw
    Jim Bradshaw
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 127
    If you want to risk going through a relay then it a RISK
     there are 4 so it will require alot of forces to guard them all 24/7 as far as after you hit running for home. Run to next sector then warp. Or go 10 hrs home. Reward w/o risk is never a good thing.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 To many of youn want to build strictly base fleets w/o worrying about fighting fleets build several fleets or get someone to cover you. I miss old days where you went in with 4 or more players one would be strike fleet others would be to cover withdraW. lET'S USE TATICS AGAIN AND QUIT CRYING FOR IMMUNITY. iF YOU WANT FREE ATTACKS GO PLAY bACKYARD MONSTERS. bUT YOU LOSE WHOEVER YOU SEND IN.
    Sector 347 full of Jerks.
  • Mohammed Ebdan
    Mohammed Ebdan
    Potential Threat
    Joined Dec 2012 Posts: 59
    All  this argue can b solved in simple way since you haven't releace this option yet, by programing it to do these steps
    1: when i select my fleet & i press on the gate or the portal or whatever it is, a menue appere refer to sectors i can jump to.
    2: when i select the sector i want to jump to, its map appear to me with all fleets & bases & everything there @ that moment.
    3: i select a targe (base, fleet, salvage or hub) & press attack or i select spot & press move to.
    4: my fleet go directly to its targe using that gate.

this algorithm is same as attacking next sector. 
  • allythevan
    allythevan
    Potential Threat
    Joined Nov 2012 Posts: 77
    I think this is  a great idea. If it goes ahead am sure the Kixeye team will be looking for feed back on this issue to make improvements as they go alone. Give these guys a chance. New ideas require tweaking. I just hate it when people complain from day one. Got an issue or suggestion feel  to post but don't moan.. Its not fair to other players. The team are human and they do make mistakes as we all do.    
  • ezde711
    ezde711
    Greenhorn
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 12
    So, reading through some suggestions, my favorite was having set entrance points, and random exit points.  To add to that, there could be a 30 second protection, where the travelers are not allowed to move or get hit. This would reduce camping and allow for flash crash/sos screens to be reloaded before they have to move, but also give the would be "campers" and police a small window, after the 30 second timer is up, to defend their sector.
  • ralph.w.childers
    ralph.w.childers
    Potential Threat
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 57
    why would make a player able to get hit when coming out of a base there is no delay?  kind sound like s double standard to me> But what do I know Only been playing for 19 months/DUH?
    if you make nake fleets comiing out od HYPER SPACE or A or a STARGATE open to attack why not base attacks?
    Gator lvl 54 almost 55 
    sertor in 388 272 and 269 in order lol

beel78 wrote: »
    This actually sounds like a great idea. Opens up a whole bunch of new bases.

That is the intent. Also, it would allow Alliances to hit bases further away that would typically take a long time to travel to.

• Ronald Prater
    Ronald Prater
    Greenhorn
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 2
    Don't care for this. Will it lead to more base attacks? YES. It will also allow  the the coiners and cheats to keep more and more lower level players for growing. Now it cost them at least time to travel a few sectors away. 
  • Twizter68
    Twizter68
    Greenhorn
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 2
    I'd rather have a dry dock.

• Carnegie_SIASS
    Carnegie_SIASS
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Nov 2012 Posts: 380
    edited 19 Feb 2013, 10:24PM
    I have to say , I appreciate a new feature . its always good to see developers looking to add new things.

however, i rather see other things done first before you add a new feature, all good adding new features but it better to sort what you have first.

i would prefer to see the the following first;

1. diagonal land tile placement like a poll i recently saw
    2. ability to refit and build new hull at same time
    3. alliance points awarded for non alliance bases but certainly FVF battles need to offer points. (should increase quota needed each week to accommodate newer ways to gain points)
    4. battle playback extended to attacks you do on bases and FVF

not saying nav relay wouldn't be a good feature, just prefer it was put on hold for now and above done first.
  • Scott Coffey
    Scott Coffey
    Greenhorn
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 11
    Wouldn't be the worst idea ever, but still not very high on my wishlist
    General18
  • Clmsadjstr
    Clmsadjstr
    Greenhorn
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 1
    This is an incredibly stupid and wasteful idea.  Just make everything 10 sectors away worth 150% points, 20 sectors double points, 30 sect 250%, 40 sect triple points and allow us to carry 1000% 2000% 3000% cargo.  That would stop people from griping about it not being worth going far away and it would not require a stupid new feature that won't work. 
  • Vito_T5
    Vito_T5
    Greenhorn
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 2
    I dont have an issue in traveling longer, however what would really help is a better map. Entering coords or zooming out much more to see different sector on one screen, that would make it more interesting. 
This discussion has been closed.