Navigation Relay

• Jumpy Joe
    Jumpy Joe
    Greenhorn
    Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 22
    I think there should be some sort of protection upon exiting the portal because you all know there will be some sort of glitch and/or loading issue that will cause people to have to refresh to get back in the game.
  • Daddio519
    Daddio519
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jan 2013 Posts: 15
    In general, I think we should not be adding features solely for the purpose of reducing "pain". They should add capability. If you want to travel 1,000 miles away, then do it. Or relocate to a closer sector. the game needs to have some challenges to it. If you're going to add this feature, limit it to only jump to the relay tower in the next sector on either side of you, and put the towers in the center of each sector.

• Joey Ingles
    Joey Ingles
    Potential Threat
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 99
    So you are creating some sort of stupid **** wormhole now instead of giving us the drydock?

Oy Vey.
  • patton_f
    patton_f
    Greenhorn
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 7
    i think this would be awesome...and of coarse, we need like a protection ring or bubble of some kind. This will improve BP greatly in my opinion...
  • Captain Jahner
    Captain Jahner
    Greenhorn
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 20
    I like this idea because i hate or i mean really hate traveling 30 mins to get to the other sector so i say thumbs up on this idea!
  • EZ-Dozet
    EZ-Dozet
    Potential Threat
    Joined Feb 2012 Posts: 34
    I don't like the idea, instead of adding more issues to the game why not just add a new Module for the arbiter or ships that hold modules that increase map travel by 200% or in that range. This way two things happen first they travel quicker and secondly they only get 4 vessels in a fleet of 5 that can do the main damage so it is a risk people need to take.

Kix-eye has too many other issues that need to be resolved first. Also reduce the repair time for the silo, add a dry-dock of some type to help build and refit vessels, and Stop SOS, White, blue or any other screens that prohibit our game play.

Need I continue....
  • patton_f
    patton_f
    Greenhorn
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 7
    Also... when you travel from sec to sec on this, I think It'd be neat to have the sec comms too
  • LORDThunderCats
    LORDThunderCats
    Potential Threat
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 46
    Protection is the one of the main topics of discussion around this feature.

if u are scared of being hit then maybe you should wait the extra travel time
    founding  member of PTW and winner of every hull in the game 
    never cry just fight back 
  • Dark Sigma
    Dark Sigma
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 405
    Trogar wrote: »
    Sounds great!

But really, who was asking for this? Was this the same test group that "loved" the new GFX before it was released? Seriously, come on! Where is our official response to the dry dock/refit yard issue?

I honestly feel you have a point here... Another useless feature that we don't want and didn't ACTUALLY ask for. We wanted faster fleet speeds on the map.. not a teleportation device for people to glitch with.
    Battle Pirates Name - Delta
    Level - 56
    Alliance -  **** Skulls [BLOOD]
    Alliance Title - Member / Gunner
    Current Sector - 113
    Sectors Visited - 4, 45, 78, 88, 113, 123, 126, 210, 219, 330, 431, 435
    Total Blueprints Obtained / Completed - 155 and counting ;)

Noteworthy Raid Prizes Won - DNX, Mauler, Goli, Mercury, MC, BC, Jugg, Javelin, and many more.

Notewrothy Forsaken Mission Prizes Won - Many
  • Dark Sigma
    Dark Sigma
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 405
    Regarding this thread in particular, implementation is not the focus, but rather how it gets implemented. While you may be generally correct about the percentages, the 15% on here did ask for more information, so that's what I'm trying to do.

I would like to point out a few things WRONG with this counter-argument, Magic.

#1 - Implementation MEANS How something gets implemented.

#2 - Of the 10-15% on the forums representing the general populace of Battle Pirates - Who in the heck ACTUALLY asked for our Massive Warships to be able to jump through Worm-holes on the ocean? I for one didn't... I recall asking for MORE MAP SPEED though. :)

Just thought those two particular issues needed addressing.

:D
    Battle Pirates Name - Delta
    Level - 56
    Alliance -  **** Skulls [BLOOD]
    Alliance Title - Member / Gunner
    Current Sector - 113
    Sectors Visited - 4, 45, 78, 88, 113, 123, 126, 210, 219, 330, 431, 435
    Total Blueprints Obtained / Completed - 155 and counting ;)

Noteworthy Raid Prizes Won - DNX, Mauler, Goli, Mercury, MC, BC, Jugg, Javelin, and many more.

Notewrothy Forsaken Mission Prizes Won - Many
  • Christina Wade
    Christina Wade
    Greenhorn
    Joined Aug 2012 Posts: 5
    I'd much rather have the option to choose sector to move to in the outpost on regular base hops. We have just a few of our friends in the list to choose from, and I think that would be more useful than teleporting to a distant sector to hit someone.
  • da3tribiana@yahoo.com
    [email protected]
    Greenhorn
    Joined May 2011 Posts: 8
    Kixeye should implement this now because we are running out of targets... Evrybody Runaway LMAO.
    Prizes Claimed: Hammer Head A, Interdictor, Goliath, Spectre, Super Fortress, Juggernaut, Strike Cruiser, Missile Cruiser, Missile Cruiser X
    Dreadnaught X, Destroyer, Corvette, Leviathan A, Halo Missile, Siege Missile F, Sea Scorpion A.

:cool: '' Nothing happens to anyone that he is not fitted by nature to bear'' :cool:

Home Sector : Sector 48 and Sector 477
  • Natey
    Natey
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 435
    This sounds like a neat idea but it will most likely lead to me getting wooped on. If there was a feature while viewing fleets that let you move that would be cool. Maybe fast travel to a designated area in the bordering sectors. If you could one click fast travel beyond 1 sector that may be too much I think.

Feedback on your concerns.

I think players should have a chance to attack someone coming out of a relay in their sector. They are there to hit your sector you should be able to hit them. An attacker should be at the ready to move when coming out of a relay. He should be vulnerable to people defending their home sector.

A scenario where players can prevent others from using the relay should not be made possible. Maybe have a main relay with smaller offshoots around it to pull into. Kind of like attacking cargo if you hit attack it is a done deal, how this should be. Target relay to wait in line to move and you're good.
  • NBE-01
    NBE-01
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Dec 2012 Posts: 418
    Think, Transwarp conduit. Like the idea....To bad Star Trek thought of it first.

• Skyfall drac2
    Skyfall drac2
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Feb 2012 Posts: 3,173
    Nice, i like it

"Everything is OK in the end, if it's not OK, then it's not the end."

• I-Have-Quit
    I-Have-Quit
    Greenhorn
    Joined Dec 2012 Posts: 19
    Personally, I would like to have the ability to relocate to a specific spot (with a few restrictions) in any sector without being required to have a friend there.
  • K0ZMO
    K0ZMO
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 31
    SO the basic idea here is, add to add new programming instead of just increasing ship speeds? -10 for the idea.

And i vote vulnerable at all times.
  • K0ZMO
    K0ZMO
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 31
    off topic, but feel like ranting.

I dont play much anymore, used to be on alot. The new alliance system is nice, but i think the points system is outright rude.
    Youve seen my fleets and how they auto'd Swag. So, the only thing i can get points for is to drive a 51, but your glitchy game sometimes interupts that, dosent it? SO MY SUGGESTION is that even though im lvl 56(should be 37or so), i should get 5 points for ANY salvage i kill not just the 51's.
    I am essentially rewarded 5 points, not for killing the salvage, but for being able to load the battlescreen. And YOU KNOW i dont need to load for any lower level of salvage. 200 times i have to load your battlescreen, just to get the required 1000 points.

Lvl 50+ salvage should award 50 points each.
    If you kill below your level you should get 5 points per salvage (my 31's and 40's that i can AUTO!!).

Feels like it was aimed to spite me and my style of gameplay.... its your storyline...supposed to be forsaken vs dracs.... I dont care to attack forsaken bases, and this literally penalizes me for it, and also makes me understand why you implemented the lvl changes, so i wouldnt be able to use my autos for the points. This is not staying ahead of your gamers, this is being purposefully spitefull.
  • sandhill
    sandhill
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 1,700
    No, no. It's not something that's super science fictiony.

Really??? and which nation on the great earth can do this now with their ships????
    player ID 56643, start date 28 march 2011.....Lvl 103.... BLACK PIRATES FOREVER
  • Lucky Luke
    Lucky Luke
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 8,422
    sandhill wrote: »
    Really??? and which nation on the great earth can do this now with their ships????

All the nations with magic ships and magic powers of cause. Its a wonder these great nations can not build 2 things at once with all this magic.
  • Brody Olson
    Brody Olson
    Potential Threat
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 46
    Lucky Luke wrote: »
    All the nations with magic ships and magic powers of cause. Its a wonder these great nations can not build 2 things at once with all this magic.
    ^^^^ hahaha, liked that last sentence

My 2 cents here: I think it will also lessen the number of insector hitters, which I do not like, however, it would be a good thing for us special people who do nothing but travel around days and nights and look for memorials to smash, instead of taking 6+ hours to get to a sector, we could get there in like 10 minutes, which is a plus
    BadCompany[NBS]
    level 53
    Your User ID is: 89449

We want the Dry Dock NOW! http://www.facebook.com/groups/184955281636155/ We need YOU! The game needs YOU!
  • Daniel Chapiesky
    Daniel Chapiesky
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 180
    In every great science fiction movie that featured a "portal" the owners of that portal always had some douches trying to get through to invade. The classic scenario of having your whole fleet waiting at the exit point for the invaders is standard issue science fiction. If your going to do this then the invaders must be vulnerable upon exiting the "wormhole". It is only fair. And... just as in stargate... that portal better glow or something prior to the invader's arrival so we can bash their heads in.
  • GMG
    GMG
    Greenhorn
    Joined Nov 2012 Posts: 16
    add a "go to", "return to" in the nav array for sector travel to use it. require a recall after a base hit to return to the portal. the lag allows a counter attack from the defenders. no safe zone around the relay towers would stop camping, make them small so you can't hide under them, and disallow their coords to be used as a target "go to"
  • Sabotage
    Sabotage
    Greenhorn
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 22
    I think the Idea of this is fantastic .......... NOT !!! Too futuristic and will probably cause even more glitch and playing problems .
    How about sorting the game out as it stands and sort the problems with many SoS page's that appear ( 'cos it can't be down to all OUR computers ) ,fleet ghosting - kixeye fixed that .... NO THEY DIDN'T !! That's all thats needed !! Well that's my tuppence aired oh and PLEASE CAN WE GET A DRY DOCK :P
  • Captain_Bludge
    Captain_Bludge
    Greenhorn
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 4
    you made it so base attackers could not be attacked after a base attack. why should this be any different. but I feel if your here looking for a fight then they should be ready for a fight. give us the attack button on everything.
  • Ironclad
    Ironclad
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 560
    No, no. It's not something that's super science fictiony.

LMAO yeah it looks like it

2nd spawn killing is going to stop people from using them
    but first and foremost sort out the glitches and ghost fleets first AND WHAT ABOUT THE DRYDOCK
    So coining is cheating is it??  REMEMBER I coin so YOU can play for free noob!!!!

EVERY TIME I SEE A PLAYER COMPLAINING IN THE FORUM ABOUT BEING 20 LEVELS LOWER AND BEING ATTACKED I DESTROY 20 LEVEL 50 BASES

• zenel
    zenel
    Greenhorn
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 1
    instead of coming up with this "brilliant" ideas ,why don't you do something about the game and make it more fun to play so players ,even old ones, don't quit because the game is to boring now and everything takes forever
  • Biker191
    Biker191
    Potential Threat
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 44
    I think the Navigation relay is a good idea, I think generally we all agree that it takes a little to long to get where you are going... however I have a couple of thoughts how you could do this to make it more fun..

1.) Make the relays attack-able for somebody attacking from an outside sector allowing the home sector to send fleets in to defend which would increase FvF battles and bring a little more excitement to the game. If destroyed then its a 30 min repair with a 60 min bubble.
    2.) Make the relay an add-on for the Arbitor.
    3.) Add a new Pinch missile that can be fired in the world map that will stop ships for 5-10 seconds however when engaged in combat they will be able to move again.
  • Pimp_Lucious
    Pimp_Lucious
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 30
    I'm fine with insec hitting...i travel weekly for that shiet!!

I just dont get it. Why do you keep adding new features into the game when you have other issues at hand??? FIX THE GLITCHES FIRST!!! I've cut down on my monthly coining by over 80% because i lose my fleet from the glitches. I hate coining fleet repairs just so your glitches can kill them minutes later. Oh well what's a few hundred dollars a month from one player worth to kixeye....nothing!
  • DFB_King Phantom
    DFB_King Phantom
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jan 2013 Posts: 2
    The whole relay thing is utterly stupid to me. I do like the idea of pinch missles on the world map though. Instead of making a stupid relay, why not make 2v2, or even 3v3 alliance fleet battles possible?
This discussion has been closed.