January Work in Progress

• DevNul
    DevNul
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 834
    No one should underestimate the value of transparency even if the radar does not yet indicate features long ago asked for. At least we know what is on the radar of forthcoming developments and also the details of the latest fixes.

• d039901
    d039901
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Mar 2012 Posts: 652
    Awesome news! It all sounds great ... thanks for sharing!!
    Alliance: The RIsing
    Current Level: 131
  • vlad_a
    vlad_a
    Potential Threat
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 39
    January Work in Progress

This year begins with the Forsaken Revolution. After years of fighting for survival under the oppressive reign of the Draconians, the Forsaken are preparing for all out war. No more striking from the shadows; it’s time to hit the Dracs where it hurts.

Primary Features:
    • Alliances
    o We’ve been talking about Alliances for quite some time now, and we’re planning on releasing the Alliances feature this month. There will be a number of benefits to being in an Alliance and will allow players to communicate more effectively.
    • January Event
    o The next Battle Pirates event will occur towards the end of the month. New prizes include advanced Forsaken tech that will be introducing a new combat mechanic.
    • Battle Playback
    o Battle Playback allows players to review attacks made against their base. Players will be able to see how the attack took place and can determine what can be done to improve overall base defense. We aim to release this feature at late-January or early-February.
    • Compound System
    o A new Compound System will be added to the game by the end of the month.
    • Pinch Resist Panels
    o Pinch Resist Panels were released yesterday and serve as another option for Defensive Platforms.

Game Improvements:
    Below is the list of player-facing game bugs that were resolved in December. We have also included hotfixes that occured as part of weekly updates.
    • Resolved an issue where Defense Turrets no longer fire after Pinch effect has elapsed.
    • If a player had more than one friend with the same first name, only one was displayed one attempting to send a Gift and it has now been resolved.
    • Resource Raider Leaderboard stats are now aligned correctly and do not go off screen.
    • Stats regarding the Navigation Array and Engine Disruptor now display correctly.
    • Resolved graphical issues with ship shadows not appearing.
    • Reduced frequency of instant repair glitch by eliminating a glitch that caused the instant repair to occur.
    • Resolved issue where refitting caused players to freeze.
    • Resolved an issue where resistances were not being added to Defensive Platform panels.
    • Attacking players will not longer see the “!” indicator if a Defensive Platform is un-equipped or new.

Thanks for listening to us and keeping us informed on what is going on. It is a nice change and I am sure most of us appreciate the change. I hope this trend will continue :)
  • n0s_speed
    n0s_speed
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Jul 2011 Posts: 3,636
    Noted. It's still a heated topic here and I'm working getting something more official about it.

very much appreciated! thank you
    In Game Name: n0s_speed
    Alliance: DOA
    Level: 66

• Roy Gill
    Roy Gill
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Mar 2012 Posts: 262
    January Work in Progress

Game Improvements:

• Attacking players will not longer see the “!” indicator if a Defensive Platform is un-equipped or new.

really dont see where the problem was for this one how will that improve the game
     Doggy style + laptop on her back = sex and Battle pirates (disclaimers do try this it does end well, can result in causing allot of pleasure

HEY YOU, YEAH YOU NOOBSAUCE
  • MagicSarap
    MagicSarap
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 5,522
    vlad_a wrote: »
    Thanks for listening to us and keeping us informed on what is going on. It is a nice change and I am sure most of us appreciate the change. I hope this trend will continue :)

That's the plan.
  • Skyfall drac2
    Skyfall drac2
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Feb 2012 Posts: 3,173
    thanks magicsarap

"Everything is OK in the end, if it's not OK, then it's not the end."

• silly
    silly
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Aug 2011 Posts: 406
    Stupid question whats "combat mechanic"? I got a comando with a rachet wrench visual going on.
  • dboy
    dboy
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jan 2012 Posts: 58
    Thank you Magic. That is a great start in better connecting with your playing group.

Keep up the good work.
  • richb40k
    richb40k
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Dec 2010 Posts: 729
    silly wrote: »
    Stupid question whats "combat mechanic"? I got a comando with a rachet wrench visual going on.

I think they mean a whole new sets or types of weapons to be introduced to change game play and strategies. Just a guess.
    Battle Pirates : I.D.  357,****  - Level 75 - I play it still, no more coining.

War Commander :  I don't play anymore.

Backyard Monsters : I don't play anymore.

Vega Conflict : I don't play anymore.
  • DEATH-SAW-ELITE 01
    DEATH-SAW-ELITE 01
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 347
    well kixeye that's a good way to let us all no whats going on thank you keep it up i no the dry dock is bad needed but i can work with what you said dry dock can wait
    DEATH SAW ELITE  IM COMING TO YOU ALL :D:D:D  LEVEL 82---- SAW :D:D:D
  • Kaos Rebel
    Kaos Rebel
    Potential Threat
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 69
    I think they mean a whole new sets or types of weapons to be introduced to change game play and strategies. Just a guess.

lol i pray to god your wrong because more wepons = more fleets = more buil/refit times = more coins = more glitchs
    backyard monsters lvl 51 :)
    inferno lvl 37
    war commander level 29
    battle pirates lvl 61 :)

raid hulls won dread x, strike cruiser, goliath, interdicter, juggernaught, sea scorp a, specter, mercuary, and a load of otherstuff  to much to list lol.
  • faceplant007
    faceplant007
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 182
    Thank you!!!!
  • Max Thornton
    Max Thornton
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 928
    I would guess some type of concussive compound armor and the Dread X Hovercraft. :)
  • Jaguar 97
    Jaguar 97
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 13
    Kaos Rebel wrote: »
    everything but the needed stuff for updates and the future theres nothing worth doing in your monthly quota updates and as for the pich resistant panels haha what a load of bull. so kix all you get from me so far is negative comments and bank card stashed in my safe and not on game happy huntin.
    :crying:

So its like the saying, some people will **** even if they are hung with a new rope.
  • Mother Nature
    Mother Nature
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 810
    January Work in Progress

This year begins with the Forsaken Revolution. After years of fighting for survival under the oppressive reign of the Draconians, the Forsaken are preparing for all out war. No more striking from the shadows; it’s time to hit the Dracs where it hurts.

Primary Features:
    • Alliances
    o We’ve been talking about Alliances for quite some time now, and we’re planning on releasing the Alliances feature this month. There will be a number of benefits to being in an Alliance and will allow players to communicate more effectively.
    • January Event
    o The next Battle Pirates event will occur towards the end of the month. New prizes include advanced Forsaken tech that will be introducing a new combat mechanic.
    • Battle Playback
    o Battle Playback allows players to review attacks made against their base. Players will be able to see how the attack took place and can determine what can be done to improve overall base defense. We aim to release this feature at late-January or early-February.
    • Compound System
    o A new Compound System will be added to the game by the end of the month.
    • Pinch Resist Panels
    o Pinch Resist Panels were released yesterday and serve as another option for Defensive Platforms.

Game Improvements:
    Below is the list of player-facing game bugs that were resolved in December. We have also included hotfixes that occured as part of weekly updates.
    • Resolved an issue where Defense Turrets no longer fire after Pinch effect has elapsed.
    • If a player had more than one friend with the same first name, only one was displayed one attempting to send a Gift and it has now been resolved.
    • Resource Raider Leaderboard stats are now aligned correctly and do not go off screen.
    • Stats regarding the Navigation Array and Engine Disruptor now display correctly.
    • Resolved graphical issues with ship shadows not appearing.
    • Reduced frequency of instant repair glitch by eliminating a glitch that caused the instant repair to occur.
    • Resolved issue where refitting caused players to freeze.
    • Resolved an issue where resistances were not being added to Defensive Platform panels.

NOTHING about dry docks..... I like you sarap, but this is a load of crap.. I had 4 people in my alliance quit this week because no one from kix pays attention to the extremely very strong desires and wants from the players

Mother Nature -

Piss Me Off and I will shove a lightening bolt up your arse!

• Roland Bullock
    Roland Bullock
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 931
    I like this monthly update, a good step in the right direction.
    Desert_Warfare
    Level 67 Originated in 142
    Currently in 191
  • Kaos Rebel
    Kaos Rebel
    Potential Threat
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 69

So its like the saying, some people will **** even if they are hung with a new rope.

im **** because the game sucks at the minute and just remeber kix loves comments like ^^^this^^^^ because they know people like you will always coin even if they trebled prices.

at what point in your life will you realize that there is no pleasure in keep spending mass amounts on a game thats broken and expensive. ?
    backyard monsters lvl 51 :)
    inferno lvl 37
    war commander level 29
    battle pirates lvl 61 :)

raid hulls won dread x, strike cruiser, goliath, interdicter, juggernaught, sea scorp a, specter, mercuary, and a load of otherstuff  to much to list lol.
  • MagicSarap
    MagicSarap
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 5,522
    NOTHING about dry docks..... I like you sarap, but this is a load of crap.. I had 4 people in my alliance quit this week because no one from kix pays attention to the extremely very strong desires and wants from the players

As previously stated, dry dock has been noted and I'm still working to try and get an official statement on the matter.
  • alanf
    alanf
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 1,348
    As previously stated, dry dock has been noted and I'm still working to try and get an official statement on the matter.

push your bosses a bit more sarap, it will save alot of hassle :P
    Alanf  - I was pounding bases at level 50, so why don't you 50s hit me now?
  • Revnger101
    Revnger101
    Potential Threat
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 41
    i agree no dry dock no money. done spend money on this game when builds and repairs take so long
  • dave aka relentless
    dave aka relentless
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 789

Just want to say thanks for this thread, about time you caught up with bym :P appreciate it, hope it gets updated say monthly or quarterly or whenever u guys see fit to do updates. It be nice to be kept informed of whats planned and direction the game is headed.
    Relentless lvl 61

We want the Dry Dock NOW! http://www.facebook.com/groups/184955281636155/ We need YOU! The game needs YOU!
  • wesker
    wesker
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 5,473
    thanks i do like some of the stuff your talking about sound like fun :)
    Decimate the Weak

Ships Won: who cares you will see them :D 
    BP-ID: 1824740....lvl 72

• mkspencer
    mkspencer
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 130
    nice looking forward to these if they all work
  • humanevil
    humanevil
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 1,882
    thanks for the update thread hope it is updated on a regular basis. its a good start!
  • rafius
    rafius
    Joined Jul 2011 Posts: 1,700
    I heart you guys!
    We are working on many things at once. Alliances, Drac bases (really!), Messaging, Fleet Interception. Are all actively being worked on. Just because we release other, smaller, features does not mean we are not progressing with the larger ones.
  • captainjackswallows
    captainjackswallows
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Feb 2012 Posts: 871
    THIS, this is a GOOD move :D
    BP Lvl: 61
    BP ID is:1101418 
    Current Sector: God Only Knows cause i aint updating this every week 
    HULLS: Goliath, SC, SF, Corvette, Light Cruiser, DNX, HH B, Spectre, BB A. MC, MCX, SSA

Yes i have been asking for a Drydock for 2years and counting
  • 1eye_sea_bandit
    1eye_sea_bandit
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Feb 2012 Posts: 835
    fantastic kixeye this is fantastic, shows you actually do listen, well played guys, now all this is to do is update us on a dry dock type feature where is kixeyes stance on this much sought after addition to the game
    - MCX -Triton- DNX - MC - Hurricane - Spectre - SC - BS - 
  • Doomsdayrebel
    Doomsdayrebel
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 1,571
    Thumbs Up! Battle Playback that is cool!
    Death Metal + Pirates = Fix Your Base \m/ \m/
    Event Hulls Won: = Who Cares

Sectors: They still make those???
  • SantaClaws
    SantaClaws
    Potential Threat
    Joined Mar 2012 Posts: 29
    n0s_speed wrote: »
    think you forgot to add, "DRY DOCK is still in the topic of discussion"

Yah, cool of u to report back about this "stuff" but what is the intensions of the most recent player feedback about dry docks and repair/refit/build times??
This discussion has been closed.