January Work in Progress

MagicSarap
MagicSarap
Unicorn Overlord
Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 5,522
edited 28 Jan 2013, 2:29PM
January Work in Progress

This year begins with the Forsaken Revolution. After years of fighting for survival under the oppressive reign of the Draconians, the Forsaken are preparing for all out war. No more striking from the shadows; it’s time to hit the Dracs where it hurts.

Primary Features:
• Alliances
o We’ve been talking about Alliances for quite some time now, and we’re planning on releasing the Alliances feature this month. There will be a number of benefits to being in an Alliance and will allow players to communicate more effectively.
• January Event
o The next Battle Pirates event will occur towards the end of the month. New prizes include advanced Forsaken tech that will be introducing a new combat mechanic.
• Battle Playback
o Battle Playback allows players to review attacks made against their base. Players will be able to see how the attack took place and can determine what can be done to improve overall base defense. We aim to release this feature at late-January or early-February.
• Compound System
o A new Compound System will be added to the game by the end of the month.
• Pinch Resist Panels
o Pinch Resist Panels were released yesterday and serve as another option for Defensive Platforms.

Game Improvements:
Below is the list of player-facing game bugs that were resolved in December. We have also included hotfixes that occured as part of weekly updates.
• Resolved an issue where Defense Turrets no longer fire after Pinch effect has elapsed.
• If a player had more than one friend with the same first name, only one was displayed one attempting to send a Gift and it has now been resolved.
• Resource Raider Leaderboard stats are now aligned correctly and do not go off screen.
• Stats regarding the Navigation Array and Engine Disruptor now display correctly.
• Resolved graphical issues with ship shadows not appearing.
• Reduced frequency of instant repair glitch by eliminating a glitch that caused the instant repair to occur.
• Resolved issue where refitting caused players to freeze.
• Resolved an issue where resistances were not being added to Defensive Platform panels.
• Attacking players will not longer see the “!” indicator if a Defensive Platform is un-equipped or new.
  • Shadowed
    Shadowed
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Feb 2012 Posts: 1,026
    Thank you MagicSarap! I hope this kind of posting becomes normal! Thanks again!:D
                                                                                              Shadowed_pirate
                                                                                                     Level 51
                                                 Hulls owned: All Forsaken, the mighty Corvette, the deadly Destroyer, and the Frigate.
                                                                                               Support Form

• Chris Robb
    Chris Robb
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 2,547
    at last a semi type of plan thank you.
    oh if this was a teaser, explains why you are all master baiters :)

bored :)

Hitman007 said:
    It has built in re-targeting however because you do not have laser on them they will not hit subs under water with them.
  • prozn856
    prozn856
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 465
    Finally! About time too! :D
    Pirate Name: David
    Sector 66
    User ID 18****6
    Playing Since: Sept. 2011
    Alliance 66 Barnburners
  • backupishere csr
    backupishere csr
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 279
    user id 167333
    alliance T.C.R.O.K (The Communist Republic of Kixeye)

home sector 62 now anywhere
    Pimp ships -all of them
    bla bla bla you all know the rest :D
  • Lucky Luke
    Lucky Luke
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 8,422
    Cool! TY TY TY
  • Cheesy_Shark_Tongue
    Cheesy_Shark_Tongue
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 1,914
    Nicely done. Transparency is appreciated.

Features sound nice, especially that battle playback thing.
    Quit Spring 2015 or so, returned Jan 2019.  
    QUOTE by John Stribling. - Who needs Jerry Springer, when u have forums. LMAO
  • n0s_speed
    n0s_speed
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Jul 2011 Posts: 3,636
    think you forgot to add, "DRY DOCK is still in the topic of discussion"
    In Game Name: n0s_speed
    Alliance: DOA
    Level: 66

• MyThreeSons
    MyThreeSons
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Aug 2011 Posts: 534
    What's the compound system? A new compound armor? Or like a Cat Drive and Sonar combo?
     “Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the face.”-Mike Tyson

• deathdealer
    deathdealer
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Jun 2011 Posts: 1,777
    Battle playback will assist your newer players to learn still not seeing anything great listed where the drydock issue or the decreasing of build times?
    Banned_Player I never run I never hide I just plot my revenge!!! Rogues rule because we follow no rules!!
    Currently in 254 141 is my original home The lag has improved so i am back lol

Do you want a friendly bubble? I can lvl you and say ty for Res thats as friendly as i can get!!
  • someonehere
    someonehere
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 1,271
    wow couple things peeps want... ask people what they think about yous doing another event still a lot po'd at ya for the last one...
    I Enjoy meeting New People !!

• MagicSarap
    MagicSarap
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 5,522
    n0s_speed wrote: »

Noted. It's still a heated topic here and I'm working getting something more official about it.
  • DevNul
    DevNul
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 834
    Credit where due. This list, if consistently maintained, is a valuable step forward and appreciated.

• Upgrader
    Upgrader
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 1,249
    Do this with BYM and WC too, please...

(Not extremely urgent, but it would be nice...)
    War Commander: LVL 33
  • pheonosis
    pheonosis
    Master Tactician
    Joined Jan 2012 Posts: 2,152
    January Work in Progress

This year begins with the Forsaken Revolution. After years of fighting for survival under the oppressive reign of the Draconians, the Forsaken are preparing for all out war. No more striking from the shadows; it’s time to hit the Dracs where it hurts.

Primary Features:
    • Alliances
    o We’ve been talking about Alliances for quite some time now, and we’re planning on releasing the Alliances feature this month. There will be a number of benefits to being in an Alliance and will allow players to communicate more effectively.
    • January Event
    o The next Battle Pirates event will occur towards the end of the month. New prizes include advanced Forsaken tech that will be introducing a new combat mechanic.
    • Battle Playback
    o Battle Playback allows players to review attacks made against their base. Players will be able to see how the attack took place and can determine what can be done to improve overall base defense. We aim to release this feature at late-January or early-February.
    • Compound System
    o A new Compound System will be added to the game by the end of the month.
    • Pinch Resist Panels
    o Pinch Resist Panels were released yesterday and serve as another option for Defensive Platforms.

Game Improvements:
    Below is the list of player-facing game bugs that were resolved in December. We have also included hotfixes that occured as part of weekly updates.
    • Resolved an issue where Defense Turrets no longer fire after Pinch effect has elapsed.
    • If a player had more than one friend with the same first name, only one was displayed one attempting to send a Gift and it has now been resolved.
    • Resource Raider Leaderboard stats are now aligned correctly and do not go off screen.
    • Stats regarding the Navigation Array and Engine Disruptor now display correctly.
    • Resolved graphical issues with ship shadows not appearing.
    • Reduced frequency of instant repair glitch by eliminating a glitch that caused the instant repair to occur.
    • Resolved issue where refitting caused players to freeze.
    • Resolved an issue where resistances were not being added to Defensive Platform panels.
    • Attacking players will not longer see the “!” indicator if a Defensive Platform is un-equipped or new.

a few really good things there especially interested in the battle play back, its so annoying when somebody gets in when your not online also compound system that sounds like it will be combining 2 different armour specials which would be awesome for so many different builds. the forsaken tech intrigues me too will have to wait and see on that one. Good stuff and the allience feature so its going to be a busy month.
    Still no dry dock tho but you know me i wont push the issue lol :o

• pheonosis
    pheonosis
    Master Tactician
    Noted. It's still a heated topic here and I'm working getting something more official about it.

thanks magic would be much appreciated but seriously some interesting stuff on here and i hope communication like this will continue in future.

• DevNul
    DevNul
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 834
    I agree the battle playback is going to be very useful and a much loved feature of the game. Certainly by me.

• Upgrader
    Upgrader
    Incursion Leader
    pheonosis wrote: »
    a few really good things there especially interested in the battle play back, its so annoying when somebody gets in when your not online also compound system that sounds like it will be combining 2 different armour specials which would be awesome for so many different builds. the forsaken tech intrigues me too will have to wait and see on that one. Good stuff and the allience feature so its going to be a busy month.
    Still no dry dock tho but you know me i wont push the issue lol :o

It's NOT a combination of 2 armors, because the Compound Armor already exists.
  • Kaos Rebel
    Kaos Rebel
    Potential Threat
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 69
    everything but the needed stuff for updates and the future theres nothing worth doing in your monthly quota updates and as for the pich resistant panels haha what a load of bull. so kix all you get from me so far is negative comments and bank card stashed in my safe and not on game happy huntin.
    backyard monsters lvl 51 :)
    inferno lvl 37
    war commander level 29
    battle pirates lvl 61 :)

raid hulls won dread x, strike cruiser, goliath, interdicter, juggernaught, sea scorp a, specter, mercuary, and a load of otherstuff  to much to list lol.
  • Hast at work
    Hast at work
    Master Tactician
    Joined Feb 2012 Posts: 2,308
    Wow, its about time, an actual patch update post! Gee, I only started agitating about this like a year ago. Thats what you call responsive customer service...in the 1500's

At least its something!

Really, there should be weekly patch notes and monthly overviews like these. Good start.
    Base Name: Praetor [Locust]
    Current Level: 63 Current Sector: Pansyland
    Raid Hulls: All of them, yes, all of them.
    Oh and we didn't do it for money.
  • Upgrader
    Upgrader
    Incursion Leader
    Kaos Rebel wrote: »
    everything but the needed stuff for updates and the future theres nothing worth doing in your monthly quota updates and as for the pich resistant panels haha what a load of bull. so kix all you get from me so far is negative comments and bank card stashed in my safe and not on game happy huntin.

You clearly don't know for how long people have asked for Alliances.
  • Kaos Rebel
    Kaos Rebel
    Potential Threat
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 69

i do realise how long its been asked for but you dont realize that the alliance feature is going to be pointless with the current build times and repair times. its bad enough repairing my ships from defending my base and attacking other bases without having the added damaged ships from defending others.

defending others means more repairs and = more $$$ for kix
    backyard monsters lvl 51 :)
    inferno lvl 37
    war commander level 29
    battle pirates lvl 61 :)

raid hulls won dread x, strike cruiser, goliath, interdicter, juggernaught, sea scorp a, specter, mercuary, and a load of otherstuff  to much to list lol.
  • pheonosis
    pheonosis
    Master Tactician
    Upgrader wrote: »
    It's NOT a combination of 2 armors, because the Compound Armor already exists.

yes it does combine all 3 so what do you presume a compound system is when it is well known that systems are a combination of 2 existing specials so a combination of reactive and explosive armour that say gives 45% reduction to missile and explosive damage as opposed to 33% off all types of damage

• Nomad 01
    Nomad 01
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Aug 2011 Posts: 679
    Upgrader wrote: »

I've been in one alliance or another since I started playing this game over 2 years ago, the feature is just kixeye's way of trying to make money from what we already do.

Battle playback yep like the sound of that as I can't remember the last time I was attacked whilst online.

DRYDOCK, Nothing to discuss No drydock No CC for ANYTHING your game is no longer worth spending money on.
    Nomad LVL 66 
  • richb40k
    richb40k
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Dec 2010 Posts: 729

they didn't forget because they will not do anything about it.
    Battle Pirates : I.D.  357,****  - Level 75 - I play it still, no more coining.

War Commander :  I don't play anymore.

Backyard Monsters : I don't play anymore.

Vega Conflict : I don't play anymore.
  • jeffery_s
    jeffery_s
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 295

maybe that is because it is not still a topic of discussion.
  • Nomad 01
    Nomad 01
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Aug 2011 Posts: 679
    At the end of the day this is Kixeye Smoke & Mirrors time AGAIN!! Your paying customers NEED A DRYDOCK!!!!
    Nomad LVL 66 
  • phroxenphyre
    phroxenphyre
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 5,284
    I like this new transparency. Hopefully you guys can stick to it this time, the last time Kixeye tried this, it didn't last very long.
    Retired
  • NINJA_XFC
    NINJA_XFC
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Dec 2012 Posts: 765
    we will see if all this will work for now good job guys
  • richb40k
    richb40k
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Dec 2010 Posts: 729
    January Work in Progress

• January Event

As long as you don't include another 20+ day to-build hull. Then I might compete in it, but no coins from me - you still haven't earned it.
    Battle Pirates : I.D.  357,****  - Level 75 - I play it still, no more coining.

War Commander :  I don't play anymore.

Backyard Monsters : I don't play anymore.

Vega Conflict : I don't play anymore.
This discussion has been closed.