Alliances Overview

• kris1019
    kris1019
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 3,474
    I do not believe this is how the Alliances will function. Leveling up an Alliance will not be based on monetary spending.

Every status in this game has a correlation to spending. I agree with the quote below.
    garion1999 wrote: »
    No offense Sarap but this entire game is based on monetary spending so Im not sure how you can say that
    sandhill wrote: »
    The whole thing sounds like crap to me, just something for the care bears and salvage kings

It sounds like crap because it basically is. My alliance works just fine as it is now. A simple alliance function would of been all that was needed. Identify allies, let us chat with allies, let us designate enemies. Nothing else was really needed.
  • NM-Executioner
    NM-Executioner
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Feb 2012 Posts: 1,877
    TAT191 wrote: »
    I have always thought of the Great Hall as the "embassy". I don't see why a new building is needed when we have that one just sitting there.

yer i just gave an idea n as normal get pounced on by the ppl wa dont like the idea i find it fun n keep coming up with them just to bug the haters ppl need to grow up n yer great hall could be used as it another gd idea i bet i get pounced on watch lol
    reduced repair and builds times wont happen kixeye said 6 months ago they looking into it umm whats too look into there kixeye i dont see what your looking at?
  • Pirate_Steve
    Pirate_Steve
    Joined Jul 2011 Posts: 1,952
    Welcome to Kixeye! Home of the "hardcore gamer" er...."hardcore alliance"!

I hope you all seriously think of the many implications to the garbage I have seen so far.

Keep it simple, as has been said before. Add to much to this and you will kill the game for many, many long time players.
  • AL CAPONE
    AL CAPONE
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 663
    So increased turret fire? What would one person like me benefit from allaince feature, as I have no interest in a formal allaince really? Messing with something like increased turrets fire sounds strange to me and messes with game mechanics/balance. Please explain or test his in depth before you implement such a dumb idea IMO. Also will your coining bonanzas (raids) be affected by alliances? Please be upfront and don;t ignore me Sarap and handpick the easy replies as you seem to do...........
    FARMIN_FORTIES   (formerly AL_CAPONE)-level 70-Former Coiner
  • DirtyTeaze
    DirtyTeaze
    Potential Threat
    Joined Feb 2012 Posts: 97
    "pigeon-holing" roles will lead to people leaving alliances idea or the game completely, just saying. You have the right idea Kixeye, but some of the ideas are not "really" what most were asking for a whole unfortunately :( Allow the Alliance to defend their own (ie: each higher member in an alliance can place 1 fleet under a lower players base to help them at any one time), we don't need the turret bonus if this occurs. Oh well I'm sure you'll find a system that works for everyone...and every alliance ;) Also for the people who aren't officially an alliance this system will sort of work for them too....will point out their enemies allow them to work together only thing is they'd have to allot 1 Leader by a vote so they can set things up.
    Image result for gaz from invader zim gif
  • Gainn
    Gainn
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Aug 2010 Posts: 867
    garion1999 wrote: »
    No offense Sarap but this entire game is based on monetary spending so Im not sure how you can say that

I think he meant to say that it wont be proportionally linked to spending. we all know that if you spend big you can do more damage and will be able to get more points.

still waiting to see what the other perks will be though. A DX fleet is damaging enough as it is, imagine those with a 20% damage or fire rate bonus and all you will do is >.<
    Winner - EVERYTHING!
    sheranraj wrote: »
    if i get banned I am gonna quit playing this game..
  • NM-Executioner
    NM-Executioner
    if ppl dont wanna be in an alliance creat an alliance n call it allianceless lollllllllllllllllll problem solve right there then u get a bonus lol
    reduced repair and builds times wont happen kixeye said 6 months ago they looking into it umm whats too look into there kixeye i dont see what your looking at?
  • NM-Executioner
    NM-Executioner
    QUESTION if ur alliance members not in same sector will they still be able to talk in alliance chat just asking???
  • billyjax
    billyjax
    Potential Threat
    Joined Feb 2012 Posts: 26
    so what dose this do to the one's who are not part of a alliance and dose not want to john one ?
  • WANTED_FYR
    WANTED_FYR
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jan 2012 Posts: 351
    billyjax wrote: »
    so what dose this do to the one's who are not part of a alliance and dose not want to john one ?

you shall keep your title of FARM in the game and still be hit on a regular basis
    [COLOR="#00FF00"]Game Name : WANTED[/COLOR] [COLOR="#00FF00"] Level: LOL ??[/COLOR]
    [COLOR="#00FF00"][COLOR="#FFFF00"]Current sector 284 :lol:[/COLOR]Sectors Visited 227, 123, 426, 266, 229, 445, 351, 331, 228, 107, 343, 1 , 420, 324, 254, 485, 36, 216, 403, 407, 408, 214, 368, 454, 350, 89, 299, 252, 265, 60, 124, 218, 244, 288, 280, 256, 48, 157, 29,129[/COLOR]
  • someonehere
    someonehere
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 1,273
    This should only be done if it dont put a rouge player at a dis advantage or other solo players.. frankly fix the hacking issue as it is BS and sick of it
    I Enjoy meeting New People !!

• nazykiller
    nazykiller
    Master Tactician
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 2,167
    if you goin to give bonuses for alliances, solo players should get extra extra bonuses
  • Sprouts
    Sprouts
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Nov 2010 Posts: 3,716
    Sprouts wrote: »
    Is there a maximum to the number of members an alliance can have?
    How many leaders can an alliance have?
    Do the "roles" (I'm reading this as meaning "ranks") have fixed names or are the names changeable?
    Can you be in more than one alliance at a time?
    What are all the ways alliance members will be able to help each other?

Alliances have to "level up" by earning points?
    1. What is this, a roleplaying game?
    2. What is this game coming to if it has become about earning points?

Thought of another question.

Can alliances merge with each other? Or would they have to all start over in a new one? If the latter, that whole "level it up before you can add more people" part is going to suck.
    (\(\
    (o.o)
    (")(")*
  • NM-Executioner
    NM-Executioner
    i think fire rate on turrets n such should be scrapted inless we see a video on it n see it in action maybe just increase it 1% or something maybe5%
  • Kingmon
    Kingmon
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Feb 2012 Posts: 140
    question whens this going to happen? this year or next year
    Level: 48
    Currently in sector: 332
    Hulls won: Toilet, Missle Cruiser, Missle Cruiser X, BattleCruiser,Strike Cruiser Light Cruiser, Corvette,Triton,Super fortress 

• Pirate_Steve
    Pirate_Steve
    nazykiller wrote: »
    if you goin to give bonuses for alliances, solo players should get extra extra bonuses

Excellent point!
  • Vernon
    Vernon
    Potential Threat
    Joined Feb 2012 Posts: 35
    nazykiller wrote: »

People need to back of the crying on the "i'm not in an alliance" or "I should get a bonus for not being in an alliance." SHUT UP! If your in an alliance you are stronger, if you are alone, you are weaker. That is the way war works, world war 1, world war 2...won by alliances. Don't like it find a new game.
    Vernon
    Sector 164
  • Adam Hartman
    Adam Hartman
    Potential Threat
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 44
    I remember when the feature first started being talked about, there was talk of being able to defend ally bases with your own fleet. Is that still a possibility?

I really love this idea, and I think you should be able to defend/guard an Alliance Members base. A great way for higher levels to protect their lower levels, and a plus to recruiting lower level members. Good Idea Mate!
    Before you scream hacker, research hulls, weapons, and builds.
    HH-A,Sea Scorpion,Barracuda,Goliath,Battle Cruiser,Battleship,Strike Cruiser,Dreadnaught X
    "Come on, you sons of ****! Do you want to live forever?"
    GySgt. Daniel J. "Dan" Daly, USMC
  • DisneyFist
    DisneyFist
    Greenhorn
    Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 4
    what exactly was wrong with the old way? iam currently in a alliance, an alliance of one, me
  • kris1019
    kris1019
    Unicorn Overlord
    That is an extremely stupid post. People have been playing this game solo since its beginning. Why should they have to change just because some candy ****, need others to protect their base for them when they cant do it for themselves.
    Vernon wrote: »
    People need to back of the crying on the "i'm not in an alliance" or "I should get a bonus for not being in an alliance." SHUT UP! If your in an alliance you are stronger, if you are alone, you are weaker. That is the way war works, world war 1, world war 2...won by alliances. Don't like it find a new game.
  • Vernon
    Vernon
    Potential Threat
    kris1019 wrote: »
    That is an extremely stupid post. People have been playing this game solo since its beginning. Why should they have to change just because some candy ****, need others to protect their base for them when they cant do it for themselves.

Its only a stupid post of your not in an alliance and believe you get special treatment because your alone. Common since says 5 is stronger then 1, 10 is stronger then 5, 100 is stronger then 50. I'm not arguing with physics.
    Vernon
    Sector 164
  • TheSeaDragon
    TheSeaDragon
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Aug 2012 Posts: 129
    Thoughts that come to my mind. I like alliances. This will give the serious players someone to attack and mouth off to.

1. Will the alliances get their own sectors they can go to hit their enemies? What I am trying to say, alliances play in a specified sectors and keep us peace loving pirates away from all the fighting.

2. I hate the idea of flags in sectors, too much clutter! Maybe a little bar color on the bases would be nice.

3. Let us know where the hostile sectors are so we can decide if we want to go there.

4. Will there be a list of our enemies and friends? So, we know where to go to attack and raise hell.

5. I agree with taking it slow so the kinks can be worked out as the alliance feature grows.

Thanks for listening..... I am One of the Peace Loving Pirates!
     Battle Pirates is dying. 
  • H4YDEN
    H4YDEN
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 1,219
    You mention that an alliance can select 1 target a week

Don't know about any other alliances out there but rarely are all the members of the group I roll with in the same sector and are often on completely different servers!

How can having 1 target for the alliance and bonus' associated with that target be applied if not all of the alliance are in a location to hit that target?
    H4YDEN
    Sectors Visited 11, 14, 61, 95, 96, 102, 103, 105, 112, 125, 128 138, 139, 144, 151, 181, 190, 191, 192, 222, 223, 232, 240, 307, 310, 314, 367, 379, 381, 394, 437, 445, 467, 476
    Started playing 21st October 2011
    Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/H4YDEN0503
    You don't need drac hulls to be good at this game, you need a brain 
  • kris1019
    kris1019
    Unicorn Overlord
    If 5 guys want to tag up on one guy, that is one thing, more power to all involved, but if those 5 get battle bonus' over the lone because one guy wants to play alone for any number of reasons. That is stupid.
    Its only a stupid post of your not in an alliance and believe you get special treatment because your alone. Common since says 5 is stronger then 1, 10 is stronger then 5, 100 is stronger then 50. I'm not arguing with physics.
  • Vernon
    Vernon
    Potential Threat
    If 5 guys want to tag up on one guy, that is one thing, more power to all involved, but if those 5 get battle bonus' over the lone because one guy wants to play alone for any number of reasons. That is stupid.

Its the idea that when in alliance you share resources and strength. We can not physically in a game give our alliance member a better ship to strengthen them. Instead it is simulated by giving a faster turret rate of fire and whatever else the higher levels will receive. Sux...yes, but it is realistic within the framework of the game.
    Vernon
    Sector 164
  • Crazyleg
    Crazyleg
    Potential Threat
    Joined Feb 2012 Posts: 32
    How will alliances work with the relocate function? Can alliances be spread out over many sectors or if the leader moves the whole alliance moves? or will we be stuck in the same sector??
  • kris1019
    kris1019
    Unicorn Overlord
    Then give the option to put a guard fleet under the teammates base. Same function as an external guard. Better than giving someones turrets a bonus.
    Its the idea that when in alliance you share resources and strength. We can not physically in a game give our alliance member a better ship to strengthen them. Instead it is simulated by giving a faster turret rate of fire and whatever else the higher levels will receive. Sux...yes, but it is realistic within the framework of the game.
  • kristy
    kristy
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jun 2011 Posts: 142
    kinda sounds like how evony was set up in alliances and points.
    :crying: Dont like cry babies
    :D Yes i coin
    :o aka THE QUEENB from 187 if there is another with another before my number lets dual if u win i will pay to change my original name!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Sector 187
    Id 534771
  • Pirate_Steve
    Pirate_Steve

Framework of the game? What game have you been playing? This will completely change this game, not add to an existing framework.
  • Vernon
    Vernon
    Potential Threat
    Then give the option to put a guard fleet under the teammates base. Same function as an external guard. Better than giving someones turrets a bonus.

A previous post said that they are working on that as an option.
    Vernon
    Sector 164
This discussion has been closed.