Alliances Overview

• USA
    USA
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 1,182
    I'm staying Independed When these Alliance start fighting and spending coins like water and than have to play the raid on top of it every month wounder how many will go broke. Enjoy paying Kixeye more money for a broke game as it stands. I'm not giving any more to them.

• Jesse Hall
    Jesse Hall
    Greenhorn
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 5
    will any boosts include reduced build time towards shipyard. just wanting to know as its only saying the lower lvls get a boost to firing rate so what do the biggers get? or im a **** fool that isnt clued on =) alliance its self should be interesting add look forward to seeing this in action
  • James Omeara
    James Omeara
    Greenhorn
    Joined Aug 2012 Posts: 12
    a few question come up with this will the alliance be able to share points in the raid and will the allance be able to help smaller players out
  • DGWolf
    DGWolf
    Potential Threat
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 60
    Okay it says the leader of the alliance and members roles will be determined by there base level sizes. So what if the person who starts the alliance is a smaller base size then some of the members coming in? Does that said leader then get demoted and the higher base level takes over? That would suck.
  • Alexander Schneider
    Alexander Schneider
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Aug 2011 Posts: 382
    hey something did just ping in my head....

weren't we pirates at a point? like free people without hierarchy pillaging for private ends?

ok for some rules, but obligations?
    what's that? a sort of permanent event?

I'm a bit sceptic now.
    IN 337 WE TRUST! :pokey: - French do it betteR -
    exile L59 sector: 44
    User ID: 1059095 w7//chrome/firefox last flash.
  • NM-Executioner
    NM-Executioner
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Feb 2012 Posts: 1,877
    .... You dont relize how "tight" some base layouts are do you? we dont have room for a 5th warehouse but you want some huge a$$ Embassy

does this guy dont understandPUT ON WATER REAL DUDE EMBASSY WONT EVAN NEED TO BE BIG WHERE DID BIG COME INTO IT
    reduced repair and builds times wont happen kixeye said 6 months ago they looking into it umm whats too look into there kixeye i dont see what your looking at?
  • Gainn
    Gainn
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Aug 2010 Posts: 867
    man why r people complaining sheesh mun this feature will change the game and prob evan kill of games like
    evony n kingdoms of camalot
    what has alliance n such n other feature coff this games more fun than watching a clock on troops go down n poof troops gone coff evony n koc any ways
    kixeye could get alot more players in with this feature alone THIS IS THERE AIM along with pleasing us players in the mean time

means overall more fun in the game and this is needed

as for ppl saying this seems to complex no it is not it simple to understand all what is going to happen

the only thing might need to be discusted is alliance numbers i say 40 to 60 start of point maybe we have a building wa say the boss guy chanceller/host what ever kixeye call it has what increses alliance compasity soon it maxed out say 100 the boss can get rid of the building n make it be put on water just an idea other games has this feature with the building it called an embassy

you think things aren't complex enough as it is?

The bonuses are the main point that seems to be sticking the boot in. anyone who wishes to remain outside of an alliance is being punished for playing the game their way.

I'm all for a simple alliance feature, but this point and perk system will change the way the game is played beyond recognition. People play BP because they like it as it is. bolting on more junk to make it look exciting just adds to the list of things that will go wrong.
    Winner - EVERYTHING!
    sheranraj wrote: »
    if i get banned I am gonna quit playing this game..
  • Westley Smith
    Westley Smith
    Greenhorn
    Joined Apr 2011 Posts: 15
    hey something did just ping in my head....

weren't we pirates at a point? like free people without hierarchy pillaging for private ends?

ok for some rules, but obligations?
    what's that? a sort of permanent event?

I'm a bit sceptic now.

Aye we go from the high seas to cubical's in 3 short years. Times are a changin Arg!!! GIVE ME MY RUM BACK!!!!!!
    Level 56 Justice. 
    I am a Dreadnought We can be your greatest allies, or your worst nightmares up to you
  • Zaharkan
    Zaharkan
    Incursion Leader
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 1,067
    I really think that adjusting battle mechanics is a mistake. Even if it is limited to "Defender" class players that are essentially low level players. I think it's in Kixeye's interest to keep the alliance feature from being over reaching. Possibly limiting it to bragging rights from alliance wars, tracking alliance points, and other diplomatic settings.
    Sweet Sweet Lemonade coming to a base near you
    Drac Base #2 - Done Solo 
  • Tiny Teets
    Tiny Teets
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 623
    Add a negative bonus for hitting player's bases that are not in an Alliance.
    ROBNTHROB wrote: »
    First off I was talking about what I said..
  • NM-Executioner
    NM-Executioner
    .... You dont relize how "tight" some base layouts are do you? we dont have room for a 5th warehouse but you want some huge a$$ Embassy

this guy dont understand PUT ON WATER REALy DUDE EMBASSY WONT EVAN NEED TO BE BIG and WHERE DID BIG COME INTO IT

plenty of free space out side ppls base called free water sheeshh mun talk bout ppl being completely stupid on things jumps to high horse and ask questions later dont think this guy ever HEARED OF JUST AN IDEA
    reduced repair and builds times wont happen kixeye said 6 months ago they looking into it umm whats too look into there kixeye i dont see what your looking at?
  • Pirate_Steve
    Pirate_Steve
    Joined Jul 2011 Posts: 1,952
    CM's, please, please for the love of God, add any comments you make to the top of the thread to avoid repetitive questions and to make more clear, what this change will mean for all.

Thank you
  • pheonosis
    pheonosis
    Master Tactician
    Joined Jan 2012 Posts: 2,152
    Just thinking out loud here but if you have set the defender bracket as levels 24-31 i am assuming there will be a section for attackers that will probably give an increased fire rate to ships as well, lets say for arguments sake the bracket for this is levels 32 to 39. You are also only able to get points for for the alliance by hitting near the same level as yourself. So these different levels are unlikely to interact at level 32 you would be an attacker so are you going to pit yourself against a level 31 with near the same tech as you but with a defence bonus or against another level 32 who will earn you more points anyway and has no defence bonus.

I can understand you not wanting the lower level to become fodder in an alliance war but i think this will just breed low level players that have an unrealistic view of how good their base is and will get a shock when they no longer have the defensive bonus. Is the fact that you will only earn alliance points for hitting near the same level as yourself not enough to discourage low level farming?

Most other alliance games i have played usually set a minimum level requirement to join an alliance anyway and surely due to the way the current level system is most people would say once you hit level 40 you can join since everyone above that level is free to hit each other without restriction and maybe have newbie alliances for below level 40 so this means most wont have players in the defenders bracket.

I honestly think the bonuses over complicates things but if you are insistent upon doing so then it should be down to the alliance leader to appoint bonuses depending on an individuals capabilities that way it means you will need a good leader to assess peoples strengths and weaknesses and they should be able to appoint it to any level player, that way you wouldn't know if you are hitting a defender or another attacker simply based on their level.

I like the rest of it just not sure how the bonus will work in reality would need more specific details before i can make a fair assessment.

I know alot want the ability to defend a players base and this would be good but i think there needs to be a limit say 1 defender at a time and maybe a time window after that is destroyed before another one can take over, having to get past an unlimited supply of fleets before being able to get into a base would just kill base attacks.

Good to know you are working on it.

• Ascension
    Ascension
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Mar 2012 Posts: 26,257
    I hate to join the doom and gloom crowd, but I have a bad feeling about this from what I've read on the first eight pages of this thread, so far.

Forum banned by a hypocrite at Kixeye.

• WANTED_FYR
    WANTED_FYR
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jan 2012 Posts: 351
    There would be a different bonus for that level range.

lol well no joke maybe i didn't make myself CLEAR let me try this again........ What if my alliance has no players this level range 24 -31 would we there by completely miss the defense bonus or what ever for that range of players? why can't these bonus just be assigned to members of the alliance from the leader or have it jump randomly from person to person........ and my other question how would you even group lvl's 24 - 31 in a defender role? those guys are they one always asking for salvage wtf are they suppose to defend?
    [COLOR="#00FF00"]Game Name : WANTED[/COLOR] [COLOR="#00FF00"] Level: LOL ??[/COLOR]
    [COLOR="#00FF00"][COLOR="#FFFF00"]Current sector 284 :lol:[/COLOR]Sectors Visited 227, 123, 426, 266, 229, 445, 351, 331, 228, 107, 343, 1 , 420, 324, 254, 485, 36, 216, 403, 407, 408, 214, 368, 454, 350, 89, 299, 252, 265, 60, 124, 218, 244, 288, 280, 256, 48, 157, 29,129[/COLOR]
  • Pirate_Steve
    Pirate_Steve
    Zaharkan wrote: »
    I really think that adjusting battle mechanics is a mistake. Even if it is limited to "Defender" class players that are essentially low level players. I think it's in Kixeye's interest to keep the alliance feature from being over reaching. Possibly limiting it to bragging rights from alliance wars, tracking alliance points, and other diplomatic settings.

+1.

Otherwise, welcome to Battle "Mega Alliance" Pirates. Bah!
  • NM-Executioner
    NM-Executioner
    you think things aren't complex enough as it is?

The bonuses are the main point that seems to be sticking the boot in. anyone who wishes to remain outside of an alliance is being punished for playing the game their way.

I'm all for a simple alliance feature, but this point and perk system will change the way the game is played beyond recognition. People play BP because they like it as it is. bolting on more junk to make it look exciting just adds to the list of things that will go wrong.

oh look at every 1 doom n gloom man grow up THINGS CHANGE in real life and on games dont like it quit n mov on or play your game end off story
  • Westley Smith
    Westley Smith
    Greenhorn
    Joined Apr 2011 Posts: 15
    this guy dont understand PUT ON WATER REALy DUDE EMBASSY WONT EVAN NEED TO BE BIG and WHERE DID BIG COME INTO IT

Well have you ever been to ANY embassy? There all freaking huge, it would be the size of the tech lab easy it would get blown up all the time. But theres no point fighting about it, Not like its going to happen. And if it did I hope it just gets integrated into the great Hall
    Level 56 Justice. 
    I am a Dreadnought We can be your greatest allies, or your worst nightmares up to you
  • NM-Executioner
    NM-Executioner
    vetehinen wrote: »
    This is what alliance thing looks in Aeris Golden age ... you build meeting hall and when alliance lvl goes up you can have more members ... and points you get is to correlation to how much you spend money ! Attachment not found.

thanks you proved my idea wa i said just now bout a building
  • MagicSarap
    MagicSarap
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 5,522
    vetehinen wrote: »
    This is what alliance thing looks in Aeris Golden age ... you build meeting hall and when alliance lvl goes up you can have more members ... and points you get is to correlation to how much you spend money ! Attachment not found.

I do not believe this is how the Alliances will function. Leveling up an Alliance will not be based on monetary spending.
  • NM-Executioner
    NM-Executioner
    Well have you ever been to ANY embassy? There all freaking huge, it would be the size of the tech lab easy it would get blown up all the time. But theres no point fighting about it, Not like its going to happen. And if it did I hope it just gets integrated into the great Hall

maybe so n no i aint n its a game dont need to be big at all as this is a game not real life
  • Gainn
    Gainn
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Aug 2010 Posts: 867
    oh look at every 1 doom n gloom man grow up THINGS CHANGE in real life and on games dont like it quit n mov on or play your game end off story

*dont feed the troll.. dont feed the troll*

doom and gloom is not my normal stance on updates. This one deserves to be picked apart and shown how misguided it is.
    Winner - EVERYTHING!
    sheranraj wrote: »
    if i get banned I am gonna quit playing this game..
  • NM-Executioner
    NM-Executioner
    thanks you proved my idea wa i said just now bout a building

yer i ment building idea not the money bit lol
  • Damnation-n-Hellfire
    Damnation-n-Hellfire
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 888
    I do not believe this is how the Alliances will function. Leveling up an Alliance will not be based on monetary spending.
    No offense Sarap but this entire game is based on monetary spending so Im not sure how you can say that
  • Pirate_Steve
    Pirate_Steve

Please, if you can, move any response you make to a quote to the beginning of the thread, or otherwise organize a new one. Else this thread become too polluted and so many key points missed by so many. The repetition will kill too many good points.

Thanks
  • sandhill
    sandhill
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 1,700
    The whole thing sounds like crap to me, just something for the care bears and salvage kings
    player ID 56643, start date 28 march 2011.....Lvl 103.... BLACK PIRATES FOREVER
  • NM-Executioner
    NM-Executioner
    *dont feed the troll.. dont feed the troll*

doom and gloom is not my normal stance on updates. This one deserves to be picked apart and shown how misguided it is.

lol yer course it does NOT
  • TAT191
    TAT191
    Potential Threat
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 27

I have always thought of the Great Hall as the "embassy". I don't see why a new building is needed when we have that one just sitting there.
  • Joe Papa 999
    Joe Papa 999
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Mar 2012 Posts: 116
    Jeffs wrote: »
    Really sounds like tons of new gliches and bugs to me.

Not only that .... they can't even fix the glitches / bugs they already have
  • dop
    dop
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 1,026
    What about those of us who choose not to be in a clan? why are we being discriminated against? or will we get the bonus as well?
    semi retired pirate, the seas got to greedy.
This discussion has been closed.