Alliances Overview

• Jeff Musick
    Jeff Musick
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jun 2011 Posts: 63
    If I am the leader of my alliance now, and there is a member that has a higher base level, will I still be the leader or will the person with the highest base level be the leader??
    May not be the biggest or the baddest, don't care if I win or loose. I am a winner just for trying

• NM-Executioner
    NM-Executioner
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Feb 2012 Posts: 1,877
    kixeye bring this out massive game changer if u bring this n the base defence changes the base adjustment will be awsume when will this be out n alot of changes going on /forum n allinces n base adjustment any more coming out wa we all love to hear about??
    reduced repair and builds times wont happen kixeye said 6 months ago they looking into it umm whats too look into there kixeye i dont see what your looking at?
  • Styx
    Styx
    Greenhorn
    Joined Mar 2012 Posts: 13
    all I can say is; what the **** is the point? just another waste of time and effort.
  • NM-Executioner
    NM-Executioner
    n i seen a post about a free name changer i think this will be fair to give us 1 free changer again so we can remove tags wa we have previously to this i think this is a fair thing otherwise ppl just have 2 tags n confuse a lot of ppl
    reduced repair and builds times wont happen kixeye said 6 months ago they looking into it umm whats too look into there kixeye i dont see what your looking at?
  • NM-Executioner
    NM-Executioner
    Styx wrote: »
    all I can say is; what the **** is the point? just another waste of time and effort.

what the heck heres some 1 wa dont like change huh
  • Gainn
    Gainn
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Aug 2010 Posts: 867
    also, this looks like a lot of work for what's supposed to be a fun game.. I'm not liking the level of complexity this looks like adding to the game.

I wanna smash **** up, not micro-manage a bunch of nutters...
    Winner - EVERYTHING!
    sheranraj wrote: »
    if i get banned I am gonna quit playing this game..
  • MagicSarap
    MagicSarap
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 5,522
    TAT191 wrote: »
    How many members can an alliance have?

Number is still being worked on, but we will be looking at the poll that we did earlier regarding Alliance sizing.
  • MagicSarap
    MagicSarap
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 5,522
    what if your alliance has no player this level range cause most of my alliance is 50+ would this then not allow us the defense bonus or what ever the bonus would be for this level of player? or i am i reading this wrong?

There would be a different bonus for that level range.
  • BlackReaper95
    BlackReaper95
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 165
    I haven't yet read through comments, I don't know if anyone have asked for this, but I'm going to suggest this:

The people, who are in alliance, can exchange blueprints to each other, but the blueprints have to be at same tier level. For Example, if I want Siege cannon S, I can get it from a member in my alliance, but I have to give my siege mortar S for the trade to work. Sound good??? However, you must not have a blueprint on your ships to make the trade success.

Pro:
    Less people whining about not getting blueprint what they want
    Make the game more fun
    Make Alliance stronger

Neutral:
    wont have an effect on game because the trade should similar to message feature in the game, we just click on trade button then click on what we want and click on what to trade for it (Hopeful) :D

Con:
    Less farm because Players can use what they need to protect their base
    On the other hand, easier to attack bases because people can get what they need to attack the bases
  • Pirate_Steve
    Pirate_Steve
    Joined Jul 2011 Posts: 1,952
    I am really not a big fan of this move and I stated that in feedback regarding this. What of the individual players, or, the "clans" that have many loosely tied members that do work together when needed, yet, still let the members play on their own?

As a pirate, I don't want any dang rules! That's why I joined up with the good folk that I am with. We band together, yet, we can play anyway that we see fit for our own gaming experience.

Bah, freakin, Bah!

I am very, very afraid that this will end up in alliance spamming as in so many other games. Just to build up numbers to get bonuses. And let me tell ya, that leads to a constantly degrading gaming experience. Comms will be clogged with alliance spam adverts.

And all that will lead to is a very degrading gaming experience for " hard core " gamers. Ya know, like the type of gamers that Kixeye purportedly is designing games for, awful idea!!!!
  • NM-Executioner
    NM-Executioner
    knifeking wrote: »
    I know I'm not the origonal question asker but I would have the same questions.

1. How do I approve that people can be in my alliance
    2. Can I set more then one admin to approve
    3. How do I kick someone out of my alliance
    4. Is there some way to preregister my alliance name so someone isn't a douche and steals it
    5. From the first post it sounded like you had to meat point goal marks to add people, how many can be initially added
    6. Will there be any way to share resources/bps with in an alliance, instead of opening up a base so someone can hit a warehouse, this would help 40+ help smaller guys. With in limit, maybe a 5mil limit or something
    7. Can there be a way to share a saved base design

maybe in future most these will be out dont ask to much soon this is out soon they think of a dry dock wa is needed in the game man 3 dry docks r needed lol
  • Gainn
    Gainn
    Strike-force Captain
    I haven't yet read through comments, I don't know if anyone have asked for this, but I'm going to suggest this:

The people, who are in alliance, can exchange blueprints to each other, but the blueprints have to be at same tier level. For Example, if I want Siege cannon S, I can get it from a member in my alliance, but I have to give my siege mortar S for the trade to work. Sound good??? However, you must not have a blueprint on your ships to make the trade success.

Pro:
    Less people whining about not getting blueprint what they want
    Make the game more fun
    Make Alliance stronger

Neutral:
    wont have an effect on game because the trade should similar to message feature in the game, we just click on trade button then click on what we want and click on what to trade for it (Hopeful) :D

Con:
    Less farm because Players can use what they need to protect their base
    On the other hand, easier to attack bases because people can get what they need to attack the bases

if people want blueprints then they should **** well work for them!
    Winner - EVERYTHING!
  • kris1019
    kris1019
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 3,474
    I pretty much agree with these posts. How will this affect players who are neutral? Giving a base defense bonus to some and not others just makes an already unbalanced game more so. You guys are already ruining a great idea before it even gets implemented. Seriously, stop overthinking things, the developers already struggle enough with regular thinking.
    alanf wrote: »
    messing around with game mechanics such as turret fire, how will this be tested? is there a reason that alliances will gain bonuses free roaming players will not be able to use? i think rather than increased fire rate of turrets they should have increased map speed so they can get to defend. Think about a "defender" with 6 vms, sl3 plus say a 20% firing bonus on top of that for being in an alliance, more detail and heavy testing is needed. If you can provide more detail now that would be ideal?
    Kyle Stroh wrote: »
    i agree a added turret firing bonus will become overpowered why not start with something simple

clan chat
    messages when your clan is getting attacked
    and admin properties
    also, this looks like a lot of work for what's supposed to be a fun game.. I'm not liking the level of complexity this looks like adding to the game.

• Seawolf74
    Seawolf74
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 108

- well then just don't start an allaince it's that simple or join one for that matter. having the allaince function I think will be great I agree with an earlier post don't make it so complicated in the beging just have the basic functions of resource trading, admin power to acept/deny/kick ppl to /from the allaince. free tagging to members. and list of members in the group with amount of resources raided weekly and over all . and most important private messaging to members(admin priviledge) and group messaging(the whole group) - that should be about it to start with. then afterward make like a page part where you can post documents like the group rules for such allaince, and base pics/videos of attacks or whatever .
    "Rise from the depths of dark waters to challenge yourself,
    Your foes in Awe over your victory" ;)
  • Lunar Razor
    Lunar Razor
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 1,448
    so this quota thing looks like a way to keep players playing so they will do good in game... i see the good intentions but we will have to see the quota requirements if its actually accomplishable by any size alliance

• Vernon
    Vernon
    Potential Threat
    Joined Feb 2012 Posts: 35
    What is the hireachy like? A President, vice president, etc.....each with different leadership roles? Or is the 'positions' all based on level and points brought into the alliance?
    Vernon
    Sector 164
  • Rosie, yes I'm a dude
    Rosie, yes I'm a dude
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Aug 2011 Posts: 706
    Lise wrote: »
    This would be a really welcome feature.

I disagree completely. This is the wort feature they could add. They know that, that is why they are having "technical" issues...
    [QUOTE=Spack]frankly are being led away by the promise of pixel ****.[/QUOTE]
  • BlackReaper95
    BlackReaper95
    Minor Nuisance
    if people want blueprints then they should **** well work for them!

I know, but don't you tired of hearing people whining about what they don't have. Also, it was just a suggestion, don't barking at me. I just thought that my suggestion would be good idea for alliance thing. I mean right now, alliance idea is kinda pointless so i just suggested something to make it seem a good idea.
  • DirtyTeaze
    DirtyTeaze
    Potential Threat
    Joined Feb 2012 Posts: 97
    All you really need is ability for Leaders to add their alliance members (without rank to some alliances they don't want a rank system other than the rank of "Leader/s"). Secondly flags...just flags with colours that the Leader/s of any one alliance can manipulate to show their stance with your allliance. Bonus points are well and good but the whole alliance should contribute to this then they will feel a part of any alliance they are a member of. Thirdly, allow 1 higher player in an alliance to choose a lower player to place ships under them as added protection if we wish to do so. That is all :D
    Image result for gaz from invader zim gif
  • Gainn
    Gainn
    Strike-force Captain
    Seawolf74 wrote: »
    - well then just don't start an allaince it's that simple

i already have one that works just fine as it is thanks. Trying to force them to play a certain way is not something that most people will go along with. If you have an alliance of sheep then fair play to you.
    Winner - EVERYTHING!
  • SatansSpawn
    SatansSpawn
    Tribune
    Joined Feb 2012 Posts: 261
    Well i dont like the points or the bonus section!!!!!!!! i might be looking at this wrong but kixeye is not going to control our group they will not tell us who,or how many we can have in our group and this bonus part we will as leaders promote not you. Now if im reading/looking at this wrong then explain further what you are talking about.
  • raeodor
    raeodor
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Nov 2010 Posts: 348
    Will these alliance bonuses apply to other friendly,neutral alliance bases and fleets (including those players not in an alliance)?
  • Pirate_Steve
    Pirate_Steve
    I really, really have a bad feeling about this feature. It's going to drastically change game play and ruin the type of game play that many of us have come to love in this game.

sigh
  • Westley Smith
    Westley Smith
    Greenhorn
    Joined Apr 2011 Posts: 15
    As much as I love the idea of Alliances being released I think it will be great however, I have just a few small things that would be neat!

1) make it so Alliance "admins" can put bounties on other bases via paying res (or coins) (this gives non coiners the ability to bonus from coining by useing other peoples coins.) And when that base his hit so that it's outpost/warehouses/dock are destroyed they get the reward, Sort of like the quests you guys offer now to new players.

2)Allow us to send res to each other

3) Allow us to use any of our fleets to replace another allies base's defending fleet that is within our levels attack range

4) Allow us to attack moving fleets not just idol ones. (if your boat is faster then you should be able to *catch* them)

5) Give us a second shipyard?

6) Give us pie?

7) Can I have 500 "gold" for my ideas I bet at some point you will use!

8) And what about alliances having the same name? it would make it hard to identify whos who, kinda like players having the same name now

9) what about changing the alliances name will that cost gold or be free?

--Justice
    Level 56 Justice. 
    I am a Dreadnought We can be your greatest allies, or your worst nightmares up to you
  • Damnation-n-Hellfire
    Damnation-n-Hellfire
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 888
    so let me get this straight youre saying if my alliance has no 21-34 lvl players we wont get a turret firing bonus but if i happen to hit a lvl 60+ that has those levels in his alliance he will have the turret firing bonus? cause that seems fair....
  • Vernon
    Vernon
    Potential Threat
    Joined Feb 2012 Posts: 35
    I really, really have a bad feeling about this feature. It's going to drastically change game play and ruin the type of game play that many of us have come to love in this game.

sigh

Not at all, other games have a very similar feature that is very nice...you see on the map red...who are enemies, grey...who are neutral and green...who are allies. Very easy to distinguish. The difference is going to be the enhancements from the levels....but that is not going to really matter.....game will be the same, just the higher levels will have a small help when attacking or defending.
    Vernon
    Sector 164
  • NM-Executioner
    NM-Executioner
    man why r people complaining sheesh mun this feature will change the game and prob evan kill of games like
    evony n kingdoms of camalot
    what has alliance n such n other feature coff this games more fun than watching a clock on troops go down n poof troops gone coff evony n koc any ways
    kixeye could get alot more players in with this feature alone THIS IS THERE AIM along with pleasing us players in the mean time

means overall more fun in the game and this is needed

as for ppl saying this seems to complex no it is not it simple to understand all what is going to happen

the only thing might need to be discusted is alliance numbers i say 40 to 60 start of point maybe we have a building wa say the boss guy chanceller/host what ever kixeye call it has what increses alliance compasity soon it maxed out say 100 the boss can get rid of the building n make it be put on water just an idea other games has this feature with the building it called an embassy

upgrade go to 4 say 60 start off point each upgrade will put it up 10 ovo to 4
  • BlackReaper95
    BlackReaper95
    Minor Nuisance
    Westley Smith

1. AWESOME

2. AWESOME

3. NO, WILL BE A PAIN IN *** FOR KIXEYE

4. NO, WILL BE A PAIN IN *** FOR KIXEYE

5. HAVE BEEN SUGGESTED FOR THOUSAND TIMES, BUT NO SECOND SHIPYARD

6. MAKE ONE YOURSELF

7. NEVER

8. TRUE

9. AWESOME
  • Pirate_Steve
    Pirate_Steve
    Vernon wrote: »
    Not at all, other games have a very similar feature that is very nice...you see on the map red...who are enemies, grey...who are neutral and green...who are allies. Very easy to distinguish. The difference is going to be the enhancements from the levels....but that is not going to really matter.....game will be the same, just the higher levels will have a small help when attacking or defending.

You are looking at a very, very small picture of what these changes could mean.
  • Westley Smith
    Westley Smith
    Greenhorn
    Joined Apr 2011 Posts: 15
    man why r people complaining sheesh mun this feature will change the game and prob evan kill of games like
    evony n kingdoms of camalot
    what has alliance n such n other feature coff this games more fun than watching a clock on troops go down n poof troops gone coff evony n koc any ways
    kixeye could get alot more players in with this feature alone THIS IS THERE AIM along with pleasing us players in the mean time

means overall more fun in the game and this is needed

as for ppl saying this seems to complex no it is not it simple to understand all what is going to happen

the only thing might need to be discusted is alliance numbers i say 40 to 60 start of point maybe we have a building wa say the boss guy chanceller/host what ever kixeye call it has what increses alliance compasity soon it maxed out say 100 the boss can get rid of the building n make it be put on water just an idea other games has this feature with the building it called an embassy

.... You dont relize how "tight" some base layouts are do you? we dont have room for a 5th warehouse but you want some huge a$$ Embassy
    Level 56 Justice. 
    I am a Dreadnought We can be your greatest allies, or your worst nightmares up to you
This discussion has been closed.