Willpv2
    Potential Threat
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 33
    Timeframe? you have been saying coming soon for 6+ months
  • MagicSarap
    MagicSarap
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 5,522
    What about alliance flags to identify members bases and ships?

I believe there will be Alliances Flags.
  • MagicSarap
    MagicSarap
    Unicorn Overlord
    Please answer these questions: Am I to understand that players not in an alliance will have less turret firepower than those in one? Will the turret power buff only come into effect between members of 'official' alliances or will it remain in in effect when non-alliance members attack an 'alliance' base? If so, that truly sucks!

If you're asking about Alliance bonuses, then yes, a player will need to be part of an Alliance to receive the bonus.
  • MagicSarap
    MagicSarap
    Unicorn Overlord

What are the other 'roles' and what are their bonuses?

What is the starting number that can join an alliance?

When you say 'similar level' what exactly does that mean?

Can't go into the other roles and bonuses at the moment.

Starting number has not been confirmed, will be looking at the Alliance sizing data to determine the initial number.

Similar level means that a level 10 player will need to attack something level 10 or higher.
  • gixxer
    gixxer
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 216
    So a level 65 will not get points unless he attacks a 65 or higher??

• Michael Rothwell
    Michael Rothwell
    Potential Threat
    Joined Feb 2012 Posts: 46
    Just saw the "clarification statements"...I see that it states each alliance will have one leader. Will there also be other officers with admin power?
    Rock_BPE
    LVL54
    -Sector Varies-:D
  • MagicSarap
    MagicSarap
    Unicorn Overlord
    A player cannot be in more than one Alliance and a player cannot be designated to more than one Alliance role.
  • Michael Rothwell
    Michael Rothwell
    Potential Threat
    gixxer wrote: »

I think points should be awarded no matter what base is hit but fewer points for lower bases and a multiplier for higher ones.
    Rock_BPE
    LVL54
  • MagicSarap
    MagicSarap
    Unicorn Overlord
    Alliance leaders will be able to kick players from their Alliance.
  • MagicSarap
    MagicSarap
    Unicorn Overlord
    mkspencer wrote: »
    Will there be a special sector for alliance wars or will it be in any sector on world map???

There will not be a special sector, to my knowledge.
  • MagicSarap
    MagicSarap
    Unicorn Overlord
    gixxer wrote: »

I believe for the higher level players, it will be 50 and above. I will need to verify though.
  • b_f
    b_f
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Aug 2012 Posts: 107
    does this feature come out with one free name change. as there are lots of ppl that have paid to get their name carry alliance tag.
    is nearly here same as coming soon in draconian bases? so in next few weeks,months or years?
  • Jurgen Van de Vyver
    Jurgen Van de Vyver
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jan 2012 Posts: 3
    Dont let the players wait 6 more months for it please... &I hope the tasks from clan leaders or admirals also can be done from officers as most clans do it now to. To prepare the clans for it,maybe a good thing to post the items on full before you aply it for real on the game&give the clan admins time to sort the tasks&the members for it out before it starts. If not,clans with high member counts on it gone lose a lot of time&points before the can start. thank you from a level 66 player&i got every hull to...hehe... :D
  • jimt
    jimt
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Feb 2012 Posts: 127
    If you're asking about Alliance bonuses, then yes, a player will need to be part of an Alliance to receive the bonus.

I work alone; can I set up an alliance with a membership of one to receive the bonus?

JTatC
  • MagicSarap
    MagicSarap
    Unicorn Overlord
    b_f wrote: »
    does this feature come out with one free name change. as there are lots of ppl that have paid to get their name carry alliance tag.
    is nearly here same as coming soon in draconian bases? so in next few weeks,months or years?

I'll have to look into it. I haven't heard anything regarding this.
  • john_vanacker
    john_vanacker
    Potential Threat
    Joined Dec 2012 Posts: 68
    That is a given, but thank you for noting this. lol
  • IRISHretired
    IRISHretired
    Potential Threat
    Joined Aug 2011 Posts: 84
    there are already alliances with large numbers of members .so if we have to earn points to allow everyone in our alliances to join this part(the ingame alliance ) this will cause issues within some alliances .how many members will you be allowing at the launch of this alliance mode ?
    IRISH
  • Michael Rothwell
    Michael Rothwell
    Potential Threat
    Since you must have missed it the first time I posted I'll try again...

Just saw the "clarification statements"...I see that it states each alliance will have one leader. Will there also be other officers with admin power?
    Rock_BPE
    LVL54
  • SatansSpawn
    SatansSpawn
    Tribune
    Joined Feb 2012 Posts: 261
    You know what we have here folks we have a bunch of educated idiots running this site and kixeye, A very simple thing and they are going to try and screw it up like everything else in this game.
  • captinskull
    captinskull
    Potential Threat
    Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 48
    are there going to be prizes involved?????:confused:
    <(") penguin
  • Hammergott
    Hammergott
    Potential Threat
    Joined Feb 2012 Posts: 54

I think what he meant was what happens if a non-alliance pirate attacks the base/ships of an alliance pirate. Will the alliance pirate's turrets/ships still have the increased fire rate? Or does the increased fire rate only come into effect if another alliance pirate attacks?
    KIXEYE logic is the only logic and you ain't never logic'd till you've KIXEYE logic'd.
  • MagicSarap
    MagicSarap
    Unicorn Overlord
    Since you must have missed it the first time I posted I'll try again...

This is being looked into and may be released at a later date, but I am not certain yet what the status on this is.
  • Jason Zyla
    Jason Zyla
    Greenhorn
    Joined Nov 2012 Posts: 2
    I would like to know how each player will be identified. Because like many of us who started an alliance we spent 10 bucks changing are name. So if they put our alliance name after the name then it will be there 2 times.
  • Sayuri
    Sayuri
    Potential Threat
    Joined Aug 2012 Posts: 44
    Let's see.....I'm the "Leader". I don't like you, I kick you out. Doesn't matter what everyone else wants. If you don't do what I tell you to do, I kick you out. Great job kixeye. Now the bullies get to run the alliances!
  • Wolfe Hammer
    Wolfe Hammer
    Greenhorn
    Joined Mar 2012 Posts: 5
    Try reading they ENTIRE POST, for some of your answers...
    Sprouts wrote: »
    Is there a maximum to the number of members an alliance can have?
    How many leaders can an alliance have?
    Do the "roles" (I'm reading this as meaning "ranks") have fixed names or are the names changeable?
    Can you be in more than one alliance at a time?
    What are all the ways alliance members will be able to help each other?

Alliances have to "level up" by earning points?
    1. What is this, a roleplaying game?
    2. What is this game coming to if it has become about earning points?
  • Rick Danger
    Rick Danger
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jun 2011 Posts: 9
    I would be interested in knowing how Alliance leadership transfer would be accomplished and if the alliance will be considered authoritarian or have the option of member vote on who the leader is?
  • Modest Elitist
    Modest Elitist
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 1,928
    Alliances F3

The highly anticipated Alliances system is almost here! Alliances will give players the ability to organize themselves and evolve the Battle Pirates experience. There are a number of key components in the Alliance system and we want to give players a brief look into what these features and what they are all about.

Basics
    Players will have the opportunity to Create, Join and Leave Alliances from the Base or World Map screen. Once a player is part of an Alliance, they will have the ability to communicate with other members through a variety of tools:
    • Chat
    • Alliance Messaging Center
    • Notifications
    Members of an Alliance can contribute points to their Alliance, regardless of level. As points accumulate, an Alliance will level up and gain the ability to bolster their ranks and invite more members. There are a number of ways an Alliance can earn Alliance Points; various targets such as Cargo Fleets and neutral or enemy Alliance Bases will yield points, but the targets must be of similar level or higher. Each member will have a Weekly Quota, which is both the maximum amount of Alliance points they can contribute per week as well as the amount of points needed to generate their full bonus.

Postures
    From the Alliances Leaderboard, Alliance leaders will be able to set Postures against other Alliances. An Alliance leader can designate another Alliance as an Ally, Neutral or an Enemy.
    Allying with another Alliance is the first step in becoming a major force on the high seas and Alliances can have as many Allies as they wish. Neutrality is the default Posture until an Alliance leader designates otherwise. Setting an Alliance as an enemy will flag that Alliance as a target. Alliances can designate one enemy per week and will receive a bonus for hitting enemy Alliance bases. Alliances will also be designated as hostile if they have flagged your Alliance as an enemy.

Bonuses
    There are various bonuses that joining an Alliance has to offer. When recruited, members will be assigned to roles based on their level when joining an Alliance and each role will have a unique bonus associated with it. Members are eligible for a promotion to another role once they exceed the level range.
    • For example, players level 24-31 will be put in the Defenders role.
    • Alliances roles have no cap on the number of members associated to that role, however, only 10 players can contribute to each role bonus.
    • Leaders will have the option to promote members to the next role when they are eligible
    Roles provide passive bonuses to all members of the Alliance.
    • For example, the 'Defender' role would give increased turret fire rate and defense.
    • Reaching the Weekly Quota will generate the maximum contribution to that specific role.
    • Once a player is part of an Alliance, they will be able to contribute to the their Weekly Quota. The Weekly Quota is both the maximum amount of Alliance points they can contribute per week as well as the amount of points needed to generate their full bonus.
    These are the key elements around the upcoming Alliance System. If there are any questions, feel free to ask them here.

Clarification Statements:
    • There will be a search function within the Alliance Leaderboards.
    • There will be a marker that will indicate an Alliance as an enemy Alliance.
    • Alliances will have tags.
    • Alliance chat will be separate, but will function like Sector Chat.
    • Defending allies is something that is being looked into and the team is investigating the technical requirements.
    • Initial Alliance sizing is still being determined, but will be influenced by previous Alliance sizing poll.
    • There will be different bonuses for different levels ranges.
    • Alliances can stretch out across Sectors.
    • Each Alliance will have one leader.
    Oh.Mai.God.The alliance feature is going to be AWESOME!
    Level:100
    Played Originally in Nov 2011.
  • Pamela
    Pamela
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Jun 2011 Posts: 638
    Sayuri wrote: »
    Let's see.....I'm the "Leader". I don't like you, I kick you out. Doesn't matter what everyone else wants. If you don't do what I tell you to do, I kick you out. Great job kixeye. Now the bullies get to run the alliances!

Any decent alliance will still make decisions as they do now. As far as that goes, if someone doesn't fit in a group, they get booted. I don't see the issue there.
  • bob_on_me
    bob_on_me
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Jan 2012 Posts: 849
    I think Kixeye is over thinking this game..once you fix the problems with ghost fleet's ,glitches ,and get a hold on the hacker's then maybe this might be fun.

.. bp name Bob_on_me.
  • general__hawk
    general__hawk
    Potential Threat
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 96
    OK so I have a hypothetical question for you say an alliance leader is found to be cheating and gets banned who will be that alliances leader or what would happen to the alliance?????????
    Level: 39
    Clan: Reapers/AP
    Current Sector: 191
    Prizes won: All but original Viper
This discussion has been closed.