Alliances Overview

MagicSarap
MagicSarap
Unicorn Overlord
Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 5,522
edited 6 Dec 2012, 12:43PM
The highly anticipated Alliances system is almost here! Alliances will give players the ability to organize themselves and evolve the Battle Pirates experience. There are a number of key components in the Alliance system and we want to give players a brief look into what these features and what they are all about.

Basics
Players will have the opportunity to Create, Join and Leave Alliances from the Base or World Map screen. Once a player is part of an Alliance, they will have the ability to communicate with other members through a variety of tools:
  • Chat
  • Alliance Messaging Center
  • Notifications
Members of an Alliance can contribute points to their Alliance, regardless of level. As points accumulate, an Alliance will level up and gain the ability to bolster their ranks and invite more members. There are a number of ways an Alliance can earn Alliance Points; various targets such as Cargo Fleets and neutral or enemy Alliance Bases will yield points, but the targets must be of similar level or higher. Each member will have a Weekly Quota, which is both the maximum amount of Alliance points they can contribute per week as well as the amount of points needed to generate their full bonus.

Postures
From the Alliances Leaderboard, Alliance leaders will be able to set Postures against other Alliances. An Alliance leader can designate another Alliance as an Ally, Neutral or an Enemy.
Allying with another Alliance is the first step in becoming a major force on the high seas and Alliances can have as many Allies as they wish. Neutrality is the default Posture until an Alliance leader designates otherwise. Setting an Alliance as an enemy will flag that Alliance as a target. Alliances can designate one enemy per week and will receive a bonus for hitting enemy Alliance bases. Alliances will also be designated as hostile if they have flagged your Alliance as an enemy.

Bonuses
There are various bonuses that joining an Alliance has to offer. When recruited, members will be assigned to roles based on their level when joining an Alliance and each role will have a unique bonus associated with it. Members are eligible for a promotion to another role once they exceed the level range.
  • For example, players level 24-31 will be put in the Defenders role.
  • Alliances roles have no cap on the number of members associated to that role, however, only 10 players can contribute to each role bonus.
  • Leaders will have the option to promote members to the next role when they are eligible
Roles provide passive bonuses to all members of the Alliance.
  • For example, the 'Defender' role would give increased turret fire rate and defense.
  • Reaching the Weekly Quota will generate the maximum contribution to that specific role.
  • Once a player is part of an Alliance, they will be able to contribute to the their Weekly Quota. The Weekly Quota is both the maximum amount of Alliance points they can contribute per week as well as the amount of points needed to generate their full bonus.
These are the key elements around the upcoming Alliance System. If there are any questions, feel free to ask them here.

Clarification Statements:
  • There will be a search function within the Alliance Leaderboards.
  • There will be a marker that will indicate an Alliance as an enemy Alliance.
  • Alliances will have tags.
  • Alliance chat will be separate, but will function like Sector Chat.
  • Defending allies is something that is being looked into and the team is investigating the technical requirements.
  • Initial Alliance sizing is still being determined, but will be influenced by previous Alliance sizing poll.
  • There will be different bonuses for different levels ranges.
  • Alliances can stretch out across Sectors.
  • Each Alliance will have one leader.
  • Thomas Rouland
    Thomas Rouland
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 70
    What about defend smaller bases?
  • kingshark
    kingshark
    Greenhorn
    Joined Mar 2012 Posts: 19
    i have a couple questions.
    1. will the alliance leader board stop at the top 100 if not how far will it go and will it have a search bar?
    2. if a alliance is hostile towards my alliance will their base be marked on the map as a hostile base with a color or some other way?
    3. will the alliance chat be a separate chat next to sector chat or will it take the place of sector chat?
  • florin
    florin
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 128
    ok what means is almost here can we have more info and when it will be on this thing
  • RoboDragon13
    RoboDragon13
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 304
    I remember when the feature first started being talked about, there was talk of being able to defend ally bases with your own fleet. Is that still a possibility?
    BP level : 62
    Home location : 370 
    Visited sectors : 297, 223, 171, 41, 254, 400, 427.
    Winner of the Goliath, Strike Cruiser, Dread X,  Spectre, Thresher, Triton, Mercury, Mauler, Disruptor Cannon, Halo, Hellstrike and some other unimportant stuff.
  • orcaone
    orcaone
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 1,168
    The biggest coining alliance will win.
  • RattleHead_tm
    RattleHead_tm
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 759
    What happens when a player not in an alliance attacks a base that is in an alliance will the said player have to deal with the same increased "Defender" perks?

Can you be a member of more than 1 alliance at a time?

Will Bases on the world map be marked in any way so we can know they are in an alliance? Like a big A

• MagicSarap
    MagicSarap
    Unicorn Overlord
    kingshark wrote: »
    i have a couple questions.
    1. will the alliance leader board stop at the top 100 if not how far will it go and will it have a search bar?
    2. if a alliance is hostile towards my alliance will their base be marked on the map as a hostile base with a color or some other way?
    3. will the alliance chat be a separate chat next to sector chat or will it take the place of sector chat?

1. I believe it will have a search function, but I am not sure if there will be a limit.
    2. There will be an indicator stating that another Alliance is an enemy.
    3. There will be a separate Alliance Chat that will function in a similar way to Sector Chat.
  • MagicSarap
    MagicSarap
    Unicorn Overlord
    I remember when the feature first started being talked about, there was talk of being able to defend ally bases with your own fleet. Is that still a possibility?

We are looking into this and investigating the technical requirements.
  • Capt_Cannabis
    Capt_Cannabis
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 611
    as one of the leaders of my clan im interested in knowing what administrative options we will have and if the clantag will be under the base much like the banned player tag or if will only be seen when clicking on the base/fleet
    BloodReign 66
    been to alot of places cant remember most 
    prizes basically everything 

[QUOTE=Deadly_Jam;2530995]just refresh till it works<---answer to all battle pirate problems :)[/QUOTE]
  • Arthur Pendragon
    Arthur Pendragon
    Potential Threat
    Joined Mar 2012 Posts: 40
    can a alliance trade /transport resources between members ? as in other games on facebook where they have this alliance and trade between members, the structure you are trying to make already exists in these games and trade of resources between members bases helps promote build and growth of these alliances, just wondering if this will be the same ?
  • ThisIsNowADeadaccoun
    ThisIsNowADeadaccoun
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Sep 2010 Posts: 173
    ahh so do you have to hit a quota to stay in or the amount of members for joining depends on points?
  • Lucky Luke
    Lucky Luke
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 8,422
    Interesting. maybe a bit overcomplicated in regard to "defender rolls" and i would imagine the other rolls maybe a bit complicated to.

Sounds interesting tho.
  • USS ENTERPRISE
    USS ENTERPRISE
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Jan 2012 Posts: 1,686
    Chat and messaging...let me buckle down, i can't handle this excitement -.-

*falls asleep*
    Hitman007 wrote: »
    some times we get glitches, but come on, its a great game
    FallOut wrote: »
    Only idea I saw was "We want Dry Dock now" not very good idea.
    Flo wrote: »
    and also it will be easier findable.
  • Sprouts
    Sprouts
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Nov 2010 Posts: 3,716
    Is there a maximum to the number of members an alliance can have?
    How many leaders can an alliance have?
    Do the "roles" (I'm reading this as meaning "ranks") have fixed names or are the names changeable?
    Can you be in more than one alliance at a time?
    What are all the ways alliance members will be able to help each other?

Alliances have to "level up" by earning points?
    1. What is this, a roleplaying game?
    2. What is this game coming to if it has become about earning points?
    (\(\
    (o.o)
    (")(")*
  • ThisIsNowADeadaccoun
    ThisIsNowADeadaccoun
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Sep 2010 Posts: 173
    i feel there is too many requirements, and i do agree some type of admin for clans are needed
  • alanf
    alanf
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 1,348
    • For example, the 'Defender' role would give increased turret fire rate and defense.
    • Reaching the Weekly Quota will generate the maximum contribution to that specific role.
    • Once a player is part of an Alliance, they will be able to contribute to the their Weekly Quota. The Weekly Quota is both the maximum amount of Alliance points they can contribute per week as well as the amount of points needed to generate their full bonus.

messing around with game mechanics such as turret fire, how will this be tested? is there a reason that alliances will gain bonuses free roaming players will not be able to use? i think rather than increased fire rate of turrets they should have increased map speed so they can get to defend. Think about a "defender" with 6 vms, sl3 plus say a 20% firing bonus on top of that for being in an alliance, more detail and heavy testing is needed. If you can provide more detail now that would be ideal?
    Alanf  - I was pounding bases at level 50, so why don't you 50s hit me now?
  • Seasick-Nick
    Seasick-Nick
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Feb 2012 Posts: 366
    Am I missing something here? Apart from the "defender" role with the enhanced turret glitch (sorry, "feature") - what does everyone get out of this?
    Repeat after me - T U R R E T S. Now stop calling them TURRENTS you idiot.
  • MagicSarap
    MagicSarap
    Unicorn Overlord
    as one of the leaders of my clan im interested in knowing what administrative options we will have and if the clantag will be under the base much like the banned player tag or if will only be seen when clicking on the base/fleet

Is there anything in specific you are wondering about?
  • The-Tax_Collector
    The-Tax_Collector
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 222
    Sounds great but before anything new how about the problems we all have daily will those be fixed or over looked?

Battle Pirates:    Player Name:  RiSiNgCoK.    Player ID: 192k      Level:  ( 57.8 )   Sector: 420

War Commander:   Player Name:  Outlaw     Level: ( 25.3 )    Sector: 86

Vega Conflict.   Player Name:  The_Tax_Collector    Level: 26.2    Bases Destroyed : 32    Resources Looted: 22,957,720     

• Weresquirrel
    Weresquirrel
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 9,977
    We are looking into this and investigating the technical requirements.

This would be a really welcome feature.
  • Mr. Blizzard
    Mr. Blizzard
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 3,176
    okay so the existing alliances are not affected by any way or do we have to create an official game alliance and sign up all over again

• 00zau
    00zau
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Feb 2012 Posts: 6,403
  • CaptainJack
    CaptainJack
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Aug 2011 Posts: 228
    can't wait for this to be implemented will be a lot of fun do you have a time frame of when it may start?
  • Get_U_Sum_HOW
    Get_U_Sum_HOW
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Feb 2012 Posts: 847
    Really sounds like tons of new gliches and bugs to me.
  • Doomsdayrebel
    Doomsdayrebel
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 1,571
    Can we get a mulitplayer function? Use the Base Invaders game engine, then let alliances battle 3v3 and 4v4 on a battle map. Basically you would connect just like any event that you are running now. Put in buildings and shipwrecks for flanking routes. :)

Pa-pa-pa-pretty please.
    Death Metal + Pirates = Fix Your Base \m/ \m/
    Event Hulls Won: = Who Cares

Sectors: They still make those???
  • conrad
    conrad
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jul 2011 Posts: 58
    sounds to me that, this is another way to make the strong stronger. i don't agree with giving the big alliances extra buffs, it should be an even playing field.
    conrad -originally from sect 150, the **** hole sector won't ever go back there
  • MagicSarap
    MagicSarap
    Unicorn Overlord
    00zau wrote: »
    Will we have alliance tags, a la the [tag]s that people put in their names now? And will players get a free name change to remove any such 'unofficial' tags they already have?

I believe there will be tags, yes.
  • florin
    florin
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 128
    00zau wrote: »
    Will we have alliance tags, a la the [tag]s that people put in their names now? And will players get a free name change to remove any such 'unofficial' tags they already have?
    pretty good question soo magic can you please give us the free option to change our names after this starts
  • knifeking
    knifeking
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jan 2012 Posts: 18
    Is there anything in specific you are wondering about?

I know I'm not the origonal question asker but I would have the same questions.

1. How do I approve that people can be in my alliance
    2. Can I set more then one admin to approve
    3. How do I kick someone out of my alliance
    4. Is there some way to preregister my alliance name so someone isn't a douche and steals it
    5. From the first post it sounded like you had to meat point goal marks to add people, how many can be initially added
    6. Will there be any way to share resources/bps with in an alliance, instead of opening up a base so someone can hit a warehouse, this would help 40+ help smaller guys. With in limit, maybe a 5mil limit or something
    7. Can there be a way to share a saved base design
  • Weresquirrel
    Weresquirrel
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 9,977
    Another request for alliances: an away/message forwarding option for alliance leaders to auto-forward messages to a deputy.

Sooner or later everyone takes a weekend off. The lack of message forwarding at other war games has been a strong motivation to password sharing at those games: it's difficult to maintain an active alliance without it.
This discussion has been closed.