Base Planner Diagonal Adjustment

• Budman62
    Budman62
    Potential Threat
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 34
    why dont you just turn the square so we dont have to put the land diagonal??

Exactly!!! ;)
  • xDartbladex
    xDartbladex
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 129
    its still glitched not working right yet please fix the glitches this will be awsome
  • xDartbladex
    xDartbladex
    Minor Nuisance
    also give us bigger layout and more land
  • UncleMike
    UncleMike
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Aug 2012 Posts: 151
    I think that the proposed plan is a bad idea for a few reasons.
    1. . . . . . . . . .
    2. . . . . . . . . .
    3. It would make bases just look dumb. It's supposed to be semi-realistic, and no one in RL would build a base with land tiles that were squares that matched up corner to corner like that. If you wanted to make it where people could take the same grid, but could rotate the whole grid 45 degrees and build their base the same way, that would be a better option.
    What Kixeye could do is once the diagonal is a legal build, have the little triangles on each side of the joined diamonds fill in so there is just a straight piece of land. The bases would look much better.

0001_base_design.jpg
    Level 55
  • UncleMike
    UncleMike
    Minor Nuisance
    Rotated left 45 degrees to the base grid.

00001_base_design.jpg
    Level 55
  • BEASTIE
    BEASTIE
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Aug 2012 Posts: 798
    we3jeepers wrote: »
    I voted dont mind.... i would have to see a completed base 1st

I did the same, and I agree.
    See, sons, what things you are?
    How quickly nature falls into revolt
    When gold becomes her object. 2 Henry IV 
  • John B Treharne
    John B Treharne
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Aug 2011 Posts: 1,633
    when can we do it kixeye
  • TerraKezzba
    TerraKezzba
    Potential Threat
    Joined Mar 2012 Posts: 45
    I've mixed feelings around this, this change will do more then just free up tiles, given all the extra corners I forsee fleets getting "Beached AZ BRO" and subsequintly demolished by defences, this will Possibly make thrusters or turn speed armour a necessity for baseing fleets. Said yes anyway because i would like more flexability with designing my base. I guess we'll just have to see how it go's.
  • Hans_CC
    Hans_CC
    Potential Threat
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 72
    This makes sense - if it could be programmed - perhaps then a way to split the square diagonally - increasing the count from 84 tiles to 168? or something like that - Perhaps a combination of available diagonal half tiles plus square tiles - which would force you to use both types with limits to each. and allow the use of a portion of the diagonal that is currently available.

However this splitting diagonally would not work in the existing base building setup which is currently setup to be built diagonally. So - realistically it would take some testing I would think -

Perhaps Kix can build another test environment for us to play in and see if there is some middle ground here to improve what they have already improved - A bit off topic but thank-you Kix for making the Base Planner which has been a great addition.

I think exploring this diagonal concept is worthwhile providing some flexibility to the current setup.
    UncleMike wrote: »
    Rotated left 45 degrees to the base grid.

00001_base_design.jpg
  • Mu Ru Der
    Mu Ru Der
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 252
    This makes sense - if it could be programmed - perhaps then a way to split the square diagonally - increasing the count from 84 tiles to 168? or something like that -

Way too complicated, then you have created more complexity, more rules, and more confusion.

Just rotate the tiles grid 45 degrees (or rotate the boundaries, either works) so that all land tiles are parallel and perpendicular to the boundaries. No change to land rules, no change to number of tiles, no added programming for 1/2 tiles. The efficiency of the layout will give close to if not the exact same desired result in a simpler to implement and manage way, and it would be better looking too.
  • AllanR
    AllanR
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 25
    dig1.jpg

So let me get this straight...

KIXEYE..."KICK-EYE"..."CRAP-EYE"...what ever people wish to call them...
    is proposing to add a NEW system in which we need less tiles to make a turn with.

So now all the red ones will be legal.. how...intriguing
  • Sgt_Humpy
    Sgt_Humpy
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Apr 2011 Posts: 3,451
    Point taken into consideration.

But also note that some are still using slow forsaken ships, like the FF, SFF, even the old DN.
    As of right now, there is already some bases out there, that can't be taken down with these fleets, not because of lack of firepower, or skills but due to land setup. Yes I know, I could use one of my other fleets that don't have the speed issue, but for many new players, that don't have all the fancy stuff that some of us have, it will be a big problem.

I see two options, extend the battle timer, or give small speed boost to the slower ships, ie. buff all the slower ships to 10 mph, except the GOL, because that would really screw the balance. ;)
    Go to the War Room or Player Guides and learn.
    Improvise, adapt and overcome to conquer
    Last hull won: Destroyer ECM
    Sgt_Humpy's video feed

• yorkshire bhoy
    yorkshire bhoy
    Potential Threat
    Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 53
    Could be good, lots of ways to do a base with the diagonals, more interest creating kill zones etc, DO IT
    LEVEL81    HULLS  all the good one's
  • SMART-BP
    SMART-BP
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jul 2011 Posts: 481
    For sure there is no more time needed all bases are farms atm maybe that makes it a bit more heavy!
  • Sgt_Humpy
    Sgt_Humpy
    Unicorn Overlord
    bildbau wrote: »
    For sure there is no more time needed all bases are farms atm maybe that makes it a bit more heavy!

Sure, if you consider 2-3 prep fleets, where 1 needs to be Spectre subs, and as we know everyone have that ship, then you might need an ballistic or missile prep fleet, and last you need some heavy ship like DN-X to stand a slim chance. Then you add 1 rocket on top of that, and still I see people fail inside my base. The rocket will be used doing Spectre prep attack, to get past my defense.

If you have all event items every released, you have a good chance of getting into most bases, but we are still less then 2000 people in-game that have all that.

So sure, all bases are farms... <3

So please stop hitting the level 40's and start to attack some of the best bases in-game, and then tell me all bases are farms. ;)
    Sgt_Humpy's video feed

• we3jeepers
    we3jeepers
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 442
    [QUOTE=Marck Pf

• chriss
    chriss
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Nov 2010 Posts: 122
    Would have to test this one a lot. Could make bases MUCH harder to hit, it already takes 3-4 rounds of ships to pound a decent 40+ base (never mind a 50+). I would also not recommend expanding the white border, this could make for channels so long that only an engined / fast fleet could get in under time simply due to the distance needed to drive.
  • xDartbladex
    xDartbladex
    Minor Nuisance
    The entrance would still need to be 2 tiles. I will make an adjustment to the picture to show that. Thanks for the catch.

untill you make it so we can connect diagonal sections its just stupid whats the point of diagonal sections when we can't connect them
  • Chris Loveridge
    Chris Loveridge
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined May 2011 Posts: 291
    very bad idea,i would gain 11 land tiles from my currant design making my base unbeatable with a stupidly long channel,it would only work if you up the battle time to around 8 mins to allow for the long channels that will appear
  • USA
    USA
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 1,182
    I don't know if anyone has said this before but here goes. Wish we could rotate are base layouts after we have a design made. Would be cool if we could turn our bases 180% to keep it changing....

• Rob_B
    Rob_B
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 522
    Yeah looks good, base's are far to weak at the moment... maybe even add a couple extra turrets while your at it, any dread X fleet can smash any base...
    Joshua Philp: "I worked hard for my hailstorms"
    What a crock of ****, you didn't work hard you sat on your **** and played a facebook game to get them, people are only asking for a chance to do the same.

Cranberry: I use mine to just gather Res right now. I had plans to refit them with Shockwaves and use them as a prep fleet, but with the outrageously inane and absurdly uncalled for build times of ships nowadays it's not feasible to even contemplate trying to refit anything
  • USA
    USA
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 1,182
    half section.JPG

How about 1/2 section say a triangle section. This would let us split a square tile corner to corner to make a half section Would make bases easier to build without making them with to many turns but the player could gain about 5 to 6 tile more this way. Set a limit on 1/2 tiles say split 5 tiles max giving us 10 1/2 pcs. Or just add 5 extra 1/2 section to the current base layout.

• Milf Hunter
    Milf Hunter
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 143
    chriss wrote: »
    Would have to test this one a lot. Could make bases MUCH harder to hit, it already takes 3-4 rounds of ships to pound a decent 40+ base (never mind a 50+). I would also not recommend expanding the white border, this could make for channels so long that only an engined / fast fleet could get in under time simply due to the distance needed to drive.

i agree it would make bases harder, which is great for a lot of people, but 3-4 rounds to hit a lvl40-49 base? what are you doing? spitting at them?
    Level - 71

Tech Won - Lots of useless stuff

• Target
    Target
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 4,296
    If the bottom base is invalid and you cannot connect diagonal chains to strait ones then it is pointless. We don't need development resources being wasted on making it so we can build a crap base.
  • SMART-BP
    SMART-BP
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jul 2011 Posts: 481
  • UncleMike
    UncleMike
    Minor Nuisance
    Target wrote: »
    If the bottom base is invalid and you cannot connect diagonal chains to strait ones then it is pointless. We don't need development resources being wasted on making it so we can build a crap base.
    The bottom base is currently invalid. They are proposing making it valid, which many of us think is a good idea. Filling in the triangles on the diamonds would make a base look better.
    Invalid:
    Invalid BP 2.jpg

This image is from the Base Planner and would be rotated left 45 degrees as a base.
    Level 55
  • Emme
    Emme
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jan 2012 Posts: 21
    This would give "design concept ideas" more room for growth, and utilization of the whole available area. The land tiles gained by this, can be strategically used, to create a better base.
    BP ID / Name / Level: 185128 / Emme / 83 Always looking for a fight in or out of sector, as one can only learn new tactics and improve from better players.. No :crying: here if you beat me or get in my base. So bring it on; I am ready to learn. -
  • Countryrazorback
    Countryrazorback
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 188
    I'm getting a little tired of hearing how they should extend the attackers time just to compensate for people that have HH or FF base hitting fleets. The main problem now with defending your base comes from Dreads, Juggernauts, and Spectres. Giving us this diagonal option in order to free up more land and then adding time to attack is just defeating the whole deal.
    We finally get something that will give us a little help on base design to compensate for overpowered ships, and you want to take that away by adding more time?? Yea, it might help out folks in lower levels with HH or FF, but it's mainly going to help those in higher levels with Dreads, Jugs, and Spectres!
    I'll bet if they did add more time and your base was hit a time or 2 by those high powered fleets you'd be singing a different tune then!!
  • Sgt_Humpy
    Sgt_Humpy
    Unicorn Overlord
    I'm getting a little tired of hearing how they should extend the attackers time just to compensate for people that have HH or FF base hitting fleets. The main problem now with defending your base comes from Dreads, Juggernauts, and Spectres. Giving us this diagonal option in order to free up more land and then adding time to attack is just defeating the whole deal.
    We finally get something that will give us a little help on base design to compensate for overpowered ships, and you want to take that away by adding more time?? Yea, it might help out folks in lower levels with HH or FF, but it's mainly going to help those in higher levels with Dreads, Jugs, and Spectres!
    I'll bet if they did add more time and your base was hit a time or 2 by those high powered fleets you'd be singing a different tune then!!

Check my user notes, check the battle logs, DN-X is nothing but a tiny can. ;)
    On good well designed bases, the current balance is just right. For anyone without the knowledge on how to build an good base, yes... they are farms, learn to adapt.

I did offer another options instead of extending the timer, but you failed to see that, so go back and read it. ;)
    Sgt_Humpy's video feed

• Gainn
    Gainn
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Aug 2010 Posts: 867
    they could always make it over 5 mins.. but add a penalty for the extra time in the way of res taken.. say 1% loss for every 2 seconds over the timer....

Anyway.. i think the player base as a whole is in favor of this idea.. Any updates on the behind the scenes thinking Magic?
    Winner - EVERYTHING!
    sheranraj wrote: »
    if i get banned I am gonna quit playing this game..
This discussion has been closed.