Base Planner Diagonal Adjustment

• mkspencer
    mkspencer
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 130
    yeah only thing is if they change this they need to change time allowed to attack cause you wont have time to get to goodies no matter what fleet you use
  • MagicSarap
    MagicSarap
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 5,522
    Originally Posted by Jeffs
    If this is to come, will you add time to the battle. 5 min is cutting it close now depending on what ships you are useing.

Yea, that's just great. Add something to maybe give back a little bit of a chance to finally defend somewhat against these overpowered ships kixeye has been coming out with, then totally wipe that advantage out by adding more time to attacks!!
    We do not need more time to attack. Any good base hitter knows how to prep a base, then go in with their main attack fleet and if they have dreads or the new jugs then that base is most likely toast.
    Giving us the ability to use diagonal tiles and free up a little more land will even the playing field slightly, probably not enough but it's a start. But if you then add more time to the attacker you have totally taken away what little bit of compensation you gave with the change.

Point taken into consideration.
  • Get_U_Sum_HOW
    Get_U_Sum_HOW
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Feb 2012 Posts: 847
    Only reason i asked about more time was thinking of FFs and HHs being the only thing someone can reserch. Not everyone has SC or Dred X FFS will need more time if the channels get longer.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1VqkwTAUTPw&feature=related
    Posted this one so you could see my point. Look at the timer when the shows over, just enough time. This was an old hit and the prep would have bubble this guy if done with the new damage rules%. P.S. This was for the peps saying no more time should be added if new rules on tiles comes about, not to bug the CM, you already answerd me lol. Just trying to get folks to look at the big picture.
  • wolf123
    wolf123
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 3,324
    Jeffs wrote: »
    Only reason i asked about more time was thinking of FFs and HHs being the only thing someone can reserch. Not everyone has SC or Dred X FFS will need more time if the channels get longer.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1VqkwTAUTPw&feature=related
    Posted this one so you could see my point. Look at the timer when the shows over, just enough time. This was an old hit and the prep would have bubble this guy if done with the new damage rules%. P.S. This was for the peps saying no more time should be added if new rules on tiles comes about, not to bug the CM, you already answerd me lol. Just trying to get folks to look at the big picture.

now imagine if those were HH, would have gotten to them whs and op faster, so therefore your argumant is thrown out the window(i hear glass breaking).<3
    ever had  a problem where you log on and someone is hitting your base, and wanted to view the world map while it happens? try this.
    1/select leadersboard.
    2/select player's medals.
    3/select any player there.
    4/select "find base"
    that may or may not take you to world map.
  • Big_Punisher
    Big_Punisher
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 493
    but then we would probably lose land tiles to compensate i'm guessing....
    Semi-retired salvage pirate, plenty of things to hit aside from players :)
  • Frank Northall
    Frank Northall
    Potential Threat
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 44
    I have to say that this would be a great advantage to the base defender - gives you a lot more scope in designing a base - of course the attackers will adjust to deal with that, but overall this would be a nice change to the game. I would like to see this introduced as soon as possible.
    Just another pirate
  • Get_U_Sum_HOW
    Get_U_Sum_HOW
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Feb 2012 Posts: 847
    now imagine if those were HH, would have gotten to them whs and op faster, so therefore your argumant is thrown out the window(i hear glass breaking).

So do away with the FFs then? Think not, might want to fix that widow!
  • braves3169
    braves3169
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 218
    I have two thoughts on this.

First. Its amazing how short sighted everyone seems to be. I'll explain. You give the 40's through 50's 5-10 more squares their bases become harder which is probably the idea. create a little more balance. However, it does not stop there. You then give those 5-10 more squares to high levels as well with already very difficult bases and they will be nearly unbeatable. So what is the next step? well EVERYONE starts farming the 40's-50's. At least now people hit their own level and even up sometimes. You give the high levels the extra squares that will stop happening except for a few looking for a real challenge. While a good intention this will get the mid level players farmed more then they already are.

Second thought is about Spectres. You give everyone 5-10 more tiles that means much longer channels basically making Spectres worthless. They have a hard time getting in bases with long channels now. Let those bases expand a few more squares and they'll never get in which makes them totally worthless except for a few clueless people. If this goes through they need to add 5-10 seconds to the submerged time for them.
  • OCTOBERS RUST
    OCTOBERS RUST
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 459
    Time frame on when this mught be implemented?
    Player ID: 2163

• JoeFri85
    JoeFri85
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Jun 2011 Posts: 611
    braves3169 wrote: »
    I have two thoughts on this.

First. Its amazing how short sighted everyone seems to be. I'll explain. You give the 40's through 50's 5-10 more squares their bases become harder which is probably the idea. create a little more balance. However, it does not stop there. You then give those 5-10 more squares to high levels as well with already very difficult bases and they will be nearly unbeatable. So what is the next step? well EVERYONE starts farming the 40's-50's. At least now people hit their own level and even up sometimes. You give the high levels the extra squares that will stop happening except for a few looking for a real challenge. While a good intention this will get the mid level players farmed more then they already are.

Second thought is about Spectres. You give everyone 5-10 more tiles that means much longer channels basically making Spectres worthless. They have a hard time getting in bases with long channels now. Let those bases expand a few more squares and they'll never get in which makes them totally worthless except for a few clueless people. If this goes through they need to add 5-10 seconds to the submerged time for them.
    Lol, what you don't seem to understand is that bases are still limited by the outside boarders, if you make your channel too long, u won't have room to fit your WH, OP, and LP in the middle and out of sniping range. I've played around with this and yes, it can potentially make bases slightly more difficult, but not as greatly as you might think. From what I have seen so far, all it really does is make it easier to make things on your base not snipable, such as your dock. Don't believe me? Prove me wrong. Play in the base creator and come up with an overpowered base layout that keeps everything on the inside out of sniping range. People are already making their channels as long as physically possible, but again, feel free to try to prove me wrong. http://battleparrot.bugs3.com/baseDoctor2/baseDoctor2.html
    Folks, the KIXEYE team puts their lives into these games (me included). The simple fact is that we have the luxury of not having to put up with rude **** and disrespect will not be tolerated towards ANY KIXEYE team member. Understood?
  • dave aka relentless
    dave aka relentless
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 789
    Time frame on when this mught be implemented?

*Coming soon* Like drac bases
    *Coming soon* like alliance feature.
    *Coming soon* Soon to inform you of this update whats coming soon.
    Relentless lvl 61

We want the Dry Dock NOW! http://www.facebook.com/groups/184955281636155/ We need YOU! The game needs YOU!
  • Flippy617
    Flippy617
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 108
    I do not like this if the update happened because...
    1. It makes the base either too strong now
    2. It makes the base really hard to construct since there are many weird functions to it...
    3. It makes bases look like **** now...
  • braves3169
    braves3169
    Minor Nuisance
    JoeFri85 wrote: »
    Lol, what you don't seem to understand is that bases are still limited by the outside boarders, if you make your channel too long, u won't have room to fit your WH, OP, and LP in the middle and out of sniping range. I've played around with this and yes, it can potentially make bases slightly more difficult, but not as greatly as you might think. From what I have seen so far, all it really does is make it easier to make things on your base not snipable, such as your dock. Don't believe me? Prove me wrong. Play in the base creator and come up with an overpowered base layout that keeps everything on the inside out of sniping range. People are already making their channels as long as physically possible, but again, feel free to try to prove me wrong. http://battleparrot.bugs3.com/baseDoctor2/baseDoctor2.html

You must not be very good with base design then. i've toyed around with it just to see what i could do with that extra land. I'll simply say that i would be awfully impressed if you even came close to getting in that base. My base is pretty good right now. give me 8 or 9 more squares to play with and i don't see anyone getting in. At least not without using and losing multiple fleets to try.
  • we3jeepers
    we3jeepers
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 442
    I voted dont mind.... i would have to see a completed base 1st

• capt sparrow
    capt sparrow
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 3
    why dont you just turn the square so we dont have to put the land diagonal??
  • drizzit
    drizzit
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Feb 2011 Posts: 478
    braves3169 wrote: »
    My only issue with this is spectres. anyone with a half way decent design is going to exploit this to make channels much longer and essentially making the spectres worthless. Even with battery3 and eng 3 there are a lot of base designs that basically keep them out because of the turns and distance. You add this change and they'll be worthless on any decent base. Why did i spend a whole weekend and however much money to get spectres just to see them become worthless 2 months later?

you obviously are not very good with spectres if you think they are worthless...i dont know why people speak before they think....ever thought about pinching or dodging ..dont grasp at staws to find flaws that dont exist.
  • Silv3r69
    Silv3r69
    Greenhorn
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 17
    JoeFri85 wrote: »

Ummm Joe bud with the way the game is now i've got 4whs, OP, LP & dock in center that cant be sniped...and nothings actually gotten in my base in months even when i'm offline...i can b broke easy if sum1 does it right but no1 has yet lol...i'd love the new thing they're talking about tho cuz it would make things easier & mayb can bring my 5th wh back lol
  • Silv3r69
    Silv3r69
    Greenhorn
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 17
    drizzit wrote: »
    you obviously are not very good with spectres if you think they are worthless...i dont know why people speak before they think....ever thought about pinching or dodging ..dont grasp at staws to find flaws that dont exist.

very true drizzit cuz i almost got totally thru a long double channel b4 they popped up..i could of pinched last 2 turrets & gotten right into the back without any damage
  • Master_Chief
    Master_Chief
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Mar 2012 Posts: 271
    Well, I am going to throw my 2 cents in the ring on this issue. So here goes.

I think that the proposed plan is a bad idea for a few reasons.

1. There are bases, with the right setup's, by people that understand how to make everything work together, that can keep out even the baddest fleets of Dreadknot X, which i think is the ship people most worry about. So where is the need for this style of change, there isn't.

2. While i agree that there does need to be some beefing up to bases, i don't think that this is the way to go about it. There are lots of things that you could do instead of this. Like raid prizes of a Draconian Platform, perhaps different styles of Draconian Platforms, some with heavier ballistic protection, or missile etc... Even weapons, you just did the Halo Missile, what about a Draconian Gatling gun for ballistic type weapon, or a Sonar Pod, like the ones in the hubs that have a detection range and torpedo's.

3. It would make bases just look dumb. It's supposed to be semi-realistic, and no one in RL would build a base with land tiles that were squares that matched up corner to corner like that. If you wanted to make it where people could take the same grid, but could rotate the whole grid 45 degrees and build their base the same way, that would be a better option.

In conclusion, i feel that there are many different roads of raid prizes, maybe even Blueprints that we could take the road of looking into, before throwing our hands in the air, and saying "Screw it, let's make bases look retarded". We already lost the graphics that everyone would rather have, instead of what we have now, lets not make the whole game look like it's supposed to be riding the short bus. Thanks, MC
    Master_Chief 
    BP - Level 75 / WC - Level 37
    Sic Vis Pacum Parrabellum (Latin) "If you want peace, prepare for war"
    Asus G75V - 3rd Gen Intel I7 - 16Gb of RAM - 256 Gb SSD - 750Gb HDD - Nvidia GTX 660M with 2 Gb RAM
  • Fros-t
    Fros-t
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Mar 2012 Posts: 347
    This is a great Idea.I hope you all put it in and soon.
    Fros-t
  • Tyler Berry
    Tyler Berry
    Potential Threat
    Joined Aug 2012 Posts: 31
    Magic how likely is this to be implemented?
  • FU_MeanStreak
    FU_MeanStreak
    Greenhorn
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 10
    More land tiles would be nice.
  • BEASTIE
    BEASTIE
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Aug 2012 Posts: 798
    The game is going to get a lot more interesting :)
    See, sons, what things you are?
    How quickly nature falls into revolt
    When gold becomes her object. 2 Henry IV 
  • Tony Haase
    Tony Haase
    Greenhorn
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 9
    shure hope who ever voted yes has a fast base fleet cause your gonna need it
  • braves3169
    braves3169
    Minor Nuisance
    drizzit wrote: »

I assume you know how to read since your on these forums. You should try it sometime. I did not say they are worthless now. What i did say is they could be if this change is put into effect and you let people lengthen their channels by another 4 or 5 or possibly even more squares. There are bases now even with eng 3, battery 3 and combat speed armor i can only get 1 volley off before i have to surface. Tell me exactly how i'd get through a channel that is 5 squares longer?

yeah i've heard of a pinch. that might help with 1 or 2 cerbs or whatever but that doesn't stop their whole defense. its possible on some base designs that would help but not on most. Maybe you could tell me how i dodge howis and cerbs while i'm in a channel. Maybe you should think before you speak.
  • FIREfromBELOW
    FIREfromBELOW
    Potential Threat
    Joined Aug 2012 Posts: 40
    Would be a nice change, but it's going to make getting into bases more difficult that's for sure. If that's the intent I'm all for it.
    Been online gaming since 1992!

Long history of MMO's - including UIltima Online, Dark age of Camelot, Star Wars Galaxies, World of Warcraft, Warhammer, Star Wars The Old Republic.
  • SkullCrusher_BattlePirates
    SkullCrusher_BattlePirates
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Jan 2012 Posts: 1,356
    When will this comeout? I hope as soon as possible as base defense really needs a helping hand at the moment with these near unbeatable dread X fleets terrorising the high seas.
    BP Level: 59
    Raid Hulls Owned: MCX, DNX, Strike Cruiser, Thresher, Goliath and a lot of other useless ones.
    Tech Owned: Lots of random stuff and mael V, Siege rocket S and Compund C-X 3 are the notable ones for my threshers.
    Youtube Channel:
    https://www.youtube.com/user/mcconnor8

• moto4
    moto4
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 281
    Good point. I'll have to discuss this with the team.

Not really, remember the hulls are a lot stronger now too. It's balanced just fine.

• NM-Executioner
    NM-Executioner
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Feb 2012 Posts: 1,877
    Well, I am going to throw my 2 cents in the ring on this issue. So here goes.

I think that the proposed plan is a bad idea for a few reasons.

1. There are bases, with the right setup's, by people that understand how to make everything work together, that can keep out even the baddest fleets of Dreadknot X, which i think is the ship people most worry about. So where is the need for this style of change, there isn't.

2. While i agree that there does need to be some beefing up to bases, i don't think that this is the way to go about it. There are lots of things that you could do instead of this. Like raid prizes of a Draconian Platform, perhaps different styles of Draconian Platforms, some with heavier ballistic protection, or missile etc... Even weapons, you just did the Halo Missile, what about a Draconian Gatling gun for ballistic type weapon, or a Sonar Pod, like the ones in the hubs that have a detection range and torpedo's.

3. It would make bases just look dumb. It's supposed to be semi-realistic, and no one in RL would build a base with land tiles that were squares that matched up corner to corner like that. If you wanted to make it where people could take the same grid, but could rotate the whole grid 45 degrees and build their base the same way, that would be a better option.

In conclusion, i feel that there are many different roads of raid prizes, maybe even Blueprints that we could take the road of looking into, before throwing our hands in the air, and saying "Screw it, let's make bases look retarded". We already lost the graphics that everyone would rather have, instead of what we have now, lets not make the whole game look like it's supposed to be riding the short bus. Thanks, MC

dude this update will change alot n this is a game dude games can go from realistic to none realistic in a click of ur fingers as it is a game who cares n yes thy can bring out better base stuf in raids be honest ppl rather base stuff these days than ships like if they put a raid shipyard as top prize ppl wud jump at that prize spending money to get it but kixeye never seem to no there own game n how they can make big money the raid shipyard is 1 of many ideas i got
    reduced repair and builds times wont happen kixeye said 6 months ago they looking into it umm whats too look into there kixeye i dont see what your looking at?
  • NM-Executioner
    NM-Executioner
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Feb 2012 Posts: 1,877
    but then we would probably lose land tiles to compensate i'm guessing....

they best not ppl be peed off
    reduced repair and builds times wont happen kixeye said 6 months ago they looking into it umm whats too look into there kixeye i dont see what your looking at?
This discussion has been closed.