Base Planner Diagonal Adjustment

• AllanR
    AllanR
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 25
    ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR EVER LIVING MINDS?????????

SERIOUSLY KIXEYE WTF...

First you banned people for having diagonal bases and now you are going to ALLOW SUCH CRAP??

By allowing this people will no long have to have building restraints..

Whats next 100 land spaces??

Or even a Ship with 10 specials 10 weapons 20 amours combat speed of 100 turn speed of 100
    plus 100% to ALL weapons

keep it up kixeye and you are going to loose your BASE COINERS..
    and lets face it without coiners you wont have a job.
  • The Black Skull
    The Black Skull
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Nov 2012 Posts: 506
    AllanR wrote: »

Exactly why will there be no building restraints? Your OP, all labs launch pad, great hall, warehouses etc MUST still be placed on 3 land tiles as they will still be too big to fit on one or two. That's still a big restraint on the major buildings in a base.
  • Gainn
    Gainn
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Aug 2010 Posts: 867
    Severo wrote: »
    base attacking is hard as it is, implement this and there will be much less battle, no no no bad idea, implement alliance instead

405 votes for "yes" so far, guess majority of players wanna be salvage pirates, this game is turning into farmville T___T

bases are far too easy to get into now unless the person is willing to blow a lot of money.. this will make it harder, but if its too easy then theres no challenge.

this update would help all the 40ish players to make a base that might stand up a little better so I'm all for it.
    Winner - EVERYTHING!
    sheranraj wrote: »
    if i get banned I am gonna quit playing this game..
  • ChopOff
    ChopOff
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 924
    The entrance would still need to be 2 tiles. I will make an adjustment to the picture to show that. Thanks for the catch.

Is this a serious question...if yes and it will be implemented I think it is a great idea; the options for different base designs that can work will be boosted; do it...do it now ;-}
  • ChopOff
    ChopOff
    Strike-force Captain

SERIOUSLY KIXEYE WTF...

First you banned people for having diagonal bases and now you are going to ALLOW SUCH CRAP??

Or even a Ship with 10 specials 10 weapons 20 amours combat speed of 100 turn speed of 100
    plus 100% to ALL weapons

Spoken like a true coiner...who has no respect for the game or it's other players....it is a great idea and is a real good move by them for once
  • Erik Jay
    Erik Jay
    Potential Threat
    Joined Feb 2012 Posts: 56
    To what I'm thinking, it can open up new forms of strategies and will be a big game changer.

But I'm guessing bases will look awkward unless you guys fill the gaps to make two diagonal tiles look more like a rectangular hexagon.
    BP: Level 46.
    Sector 17.
    Now waiting for my Strike Cruiser... and a 2nd shipyard...
    I'm playing the game in Expert mode. By NOT COINING. :cool:
  • jimt
    jimt
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Feb 2012 Posts: 127
    ChopOff wrote: »
    Spoken like a true coiner...who has no respect for the game or it's other players....it is a great idea and is a real good move by them for once

The coiners will be able to get in your base with, or without, this change. Won't make much difference to them.
    The people who won't be able to attack bases will be the level 40s with only forsaken hulls. Sure it's such a good move?

JTatC
  • Hail To R3
    Hail To R3
    Potential Threat
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 54
    I think base layout number 2 should have always been legal, as there are no narrow channels in my opinion.
  • baybay491
    baybay491
    Greenhorn
    Joined Nov 2012 Posts: 77
    honestly the only base design rules that can make bases invalid that are worth haveing is no lakes or narrow channels we should be able to use our land tile more freely then allotted
  • ChopOff
    ChopOff
    Strike-force Captain
    jimt wrote: »
    The coiners will be able to get in your base with, or without, this change. Won't make much difference to them.
    The people who won't be able to attack bases will be the level 40s with only forsaken hulls. Sure it's such a good move?
    Fair point on the heavy coiners getting in any base they choose...but at least the change will give so many more options for base designs than there are now...and that has to be a good thing; regardless if forsaken hulls n tech is so far behind the dracs versions.....I would sack the forsaken research team and shipyard crews...they make such out-dated and classed hulls n weapons lol
  • NM-Executioner
    NM-Executioner
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Feb 2012 Posts: 1,877
    manamal wrote: »
    Dumb idea. If you want to bow down to the people complaining about there base getting hit then come up with some better turrets. Don't change around base layouts to the point that each base will have 5-8 more land tiles. My base will be unstoppable if I have 6 more tiles... I will make it so only a blitz fleet will have time to reach wh's but they will never make it because I will have 6 cerbs waiting for them.

u base wont be unbrakable dude all bases can get distroyed by some 1 i garantee it
    reduced repair and builds times wont happen kixeye said 6 months ago they looking into it umm whats too look into there kixeye i dont see what your looking at?
  • NM-Executioner
    NM-Executioner
    Joined Feb 2012 Posts: 1,877
    all of u saying no is well funny u guys never want this game to advance to the next level and as for salvege pirates lol WHAT DID U THINK REAL PIRATES DID ?? swing there eye patch around all day ?? lool
    reduced repair and builds times wont happen kixeye said 6 months ago they looking into it umm whats too look into there kixeye i dont see what your looking at?
  • Budman62
    Budman62
    Potential Threat
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 34
    I've been thinking about this for a little while now and really see more problems than benifits. This will free up ALOT of land making it no challenge to design/build a decent base which on the surface seems great...is it really though? Many may not agree but I have enjoyed designing my base and can't say that I would if there wasn't much challenge to it. I think the higher level fleets will still get in regardless, but the 40 to 50 level players are really going to be hampered by this if they try to hit bases once this change is incorporated. I would rather be given 2 or 3 extra land pieces than to have this change put in. Just an opinion from a non-coining player.

P.S. What about turning the outline to follow the gridlines (i.e. make it square vs diamond shaped?)
  • Captain Slacker
    Captain Slacker
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 232
    I like it!! I have been wanting to go with a new base design for some time now, this will definitely speed up my wanting to spend more time on the game because right now I consider myself semi-retired from the game. I only play long enough to click on the next research while my 100 day fleet builds or to collect a bit of res to use.
  • yarrpy
    yarrpy
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 380
    I voted no as I think that the bases will look rediculous with little diagonal blocks everywhere...

nice idea in principle though
    If you are suspicious of whether another player is a hacker or not, please send in a ticket. If they turn out to be a hacker, we crush them. If they aren't, then no harm and no foul, everything just continues on.
  • StormFire
    StormFire
    Greenhorn
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 13
    here is something to think about in order to do this i believe u need to put op6 in place to have more land and better weapons for bases this way everything can work together just an idea think about that i like this game but i believe this needs to be in place to make a better base
    thank you for your time
  • MagicSarap
    MagicSarap
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 5,522
    [QUOTE=Marck Pf
  • SOSspeeder101
    SOSspeeder101
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 65
    yarrpy wrote: »
    I voted no as I think that the bases will look rediculous with little diagonal blocks everywhere...

nice idea in principle though
    Lol i said this a few pages back so i agree :D
  • spidermanjb
    spidermanjb
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jun 2011 Posts: 211
    +1 That would be great!!
    :lol:Invincibility lies In Defense; the possibility of Victory is to Attack."
    :confused:Born in Sector 96, Traveled 280, 281, 198, 442, 205, 154, 78, 193, 207, 209, 208
    :pProud Owner of SeaScorp, Barracuda, Goliath, BattleC., BattleS., StrikeC., Intrdictor, Dred X, Hammer Head B, Spec, Halo, Jugg, MCX, Hurricane
  • hutschcountry2
    hutschcountry2
    Greenhorn
    Joined Nov 2012 Posts: 1
    I don't know if this is the right spot. But I have been trying to get in my base and for the past three days it say's Under Attack and i can't do anything.
  • antman
    antman
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Feb 2012 Posts: 1,293
    If this is implemented the attack time will need investigation.

A lot of bases aim to timeout attackers. If this change is added almost every creeper fleet will be obsolete and blitz will once again rule the seas.

Pls test this for balance before adding.
  • Bligh
    Bligh
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 13
    So the way that fleets get hooked up on small or insignificant corners or edges is going to be fixed too?, Because the way i see this there will be a lot of fleets getting hooked on small rocky outcrops just as the do occassionally now, cept the whole base will be a series of outer corners and fleets will get hung up everywhere, certainly HH's and FF's will have little or no chance at all
  • James Omeara
    James Omeara
    Greenhorn
    Joined Aug 2012 Posts: 12
    would save land but please fix the current issues plez
  • Glacier Pilot
    Glacier Pilot
    Potential Threat
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 49
    My concern would be balance. Currently, one has to take some time and thought to develop a near impenetrable base design. If it's made too easy to build a difficult base, players would be less apt to strike bases. Instead of giving the diagonal option, perhaps just give two or three extra tiles to work with.
    Prizes won:  Who gives a rat's ****?
  • UncleMike
    UncleMike
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Aug 2012 Posts: 151
    I voted yes, but on my present Level 4 turrets DU base design which is fairly tough already, I counted 11 tiles which I could remove off the diagonals and use elsewhere, to make a larger base and longer channels. Might be too tough to attack for most fleets., especially the midrange fleets.
    Level 55
  • hitman
    hitman
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 1,987
    i don't think so - looking at the red invalid squares i don't think anyone would gain by this
    Blackwater pirate, started in sec 95, been pretty much everywhere since then
  • drakkars
    drakkars
    Greenhorn
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 5
    please dont..
    then give us 4more ground.. :)
  • UncleMike
    UncleMike
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Aug 2012 Posts: 151
    I think many players are forgetting that the base planner is rotated to the left 45 degrees, and our base is rotated right to its current square tiles. (not diamonds)
    My current base allowed me to remove 11 tiles from the diagonals and create a much longer channel and the warehouses and outpost are at least 6 tiles or more away from snipers.
    Level 55
  • Salty Nadasck
    Salty Nadasck
    Greenhorn
    Joined Aug 2012 Posts: 7
    It would be ok providing the space allocated to place our bases inside is enlargened, to make it worthwhile and give room for a switchback channel without inner island being snipable.
  • Corey Mettler
    Corey Mettler
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 105

SERIOUSLY KIXEYE WTF...

plus 100% to ALL weapons

Lose* (10 chars.)
This discussion has been closed.