Base Planner Diagonal Adjustment

• The Black Skull
    The Black Skull
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Nov 2012 Posts: 506
    I don't see how this would make it any harder for fleets to get into lower level bases or dread x's time out. I've seen very few bases that, prepped well, can withstand a fleet of dread x's. Lot of people saying it would 'give extra land tiles so would need to be balanced out'. This is wrong. You would still have to fit the same minimum number and size of buildings onto the same amount of land and we all know you can't fit a lab or WH never mind OP onto diagonal chains anyway unless they are filled in. Also everybody seems to think you either need to have a diagonal chain base or a 'standard' base. I would like to see this so I can try and mix both elements together to see if anything would work, mixing both types of base gives a far greater number of designs as well as a greater design scope than one or the other. Like everything else it will be trial and error. Some will succeed and be imitated while many will fail and revert to 'standard' designs. So my votes a yes.
  • NM-Executioner
    NM-Executioner
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Feb 2012 Posts: 1,877
    bring this out now we can make awsume base designs with this new feature bring bring bring
    reduced repair and builds times wont happen kixeye said 6 months ago they looking into it umm whats too look into there kixeye i dont see what your looking at?
  • Excellium
    Excellium
    Potential Threat
    Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 64
    One thing I like about Kixeye is the fact they do try to continually evolve things. I don't always agree with the evolution but in this case i do as it increases options. As for those worried about the 40 rank players. I was 40 when Kixeye made the rank changes. I am now 47 and I did whinge about it at the time. However I am past that point and much more able to defend myself effectively. I do at times think Kixeye concentrate to much on new ships and the evolution around them and its about time the bases were given more consideration. If not this option, then a few more land tiles to muck about with. Or bigger bases/more turrets/more than one player allowed to attack a base at the same time. That would lead to some awesome battles. Especially lower ranks attacking the invincible looking higher ranks who have it much to cozy.
  • Gainn
    Gainn
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Aug 2010 Posts: 867
    it has potential to make things a bit more interesting.. maybe free up a few extra tiles so thats gotta be good. cant see how it would free up 8 or 9 as some have said cos you still need 2 deep or 3 deep sections to place buildings..

Timeout bases will be a bit easier to make, but with the new specials that should balance out a bit on forsaken hulls, but a slight boost in combat speed for all 'basing' hulls (including the drac ones because they are just as slow!) might be in order to properly level things off.

If this update just allows people to make things un-snipeable then that would be a massive improvement over the current setup.
    Winner - EVERYTHING!
    sheranraj wrote: »
    if i get banned I am gonna quit playing this game..
  • Unicorn Overlord
    Unicorn Overlord
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Mar 2011 Posts: 3,319
    Who cares about Diagonal Adjustment, I want to be able to use the planner and move buildings if they are damaged. It's not like ppl could have the time to switch the layout between attacks unless the attacker waits forever, so why not allow us to move damaged buildings. This Diagonal Adjustment might bring new base designs or it might not, but allowing us to move buildings like the LP that takes longer than most bubble protection will be more usefull...
    Hell ya 08/30/2013 I finally became a UNICORN OVERLORD       (It only took 2 years 6 months lmao)
    kix1

• CHAOS-H2H
    CHAOS-H2H
    Potential Threat
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 84
    I dont mind diagonal chains ! anyway u have the boundaries to limit you. Till the base limit to be expend, you dont get that much liberty.

The only way I see something good in all ideas here its to give us a SINGLE tile more. Player with 5 warehouses will be able to have a base design equal in effectiveness as player with 4 WH. Thats an issus that all players with 5 wh had, THE missing tile ! And i m sure thats dont change the game balance that much

• Gainn
    Gainn
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Aug 2010 Posts: 867
    Chaosrebel wrote: »
    I dont mind diagonal chains ! anyway u have the boundaries to limit you. Till the base limit to be expend, you dont get that much liberty.

The only way I see something good in all ideas here its to give us a SINGLE tile more. Player with 5 warehouses will be able to have a base design equal in effectiveness as player with 4 WH. Thats an issus that all players with 5 wh had, THE missing tile ! And i m sure thats dont change the game balance that much

you don't really need 5 WH anyway.. anyone with 5 is just making life difficult for themselves..

alternatively just get rid of your LP.. **** thing is a liability anyway.
    Winner - EVERYTHING!
    sheranraj wrote: »
    if i get banned I am gonna quit playing this game..
  • DisneyFist
    DisneyFist
    Greenhorn
    Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 4
    or how bout this you turn the border so that it runs horizontal and vertical with grid lines ?
  • Spider Monkey
    Spider Monkey
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Aug 2012 Posts: 505
    lol my base is un prepable but it just got where you have to use blitz fleet to get into mine lol
    try.jpg
    see if just connecting corners was in place it's just makes it where ppl would have to use there SC's on my base or dread's :P but not bragging but I think it's not a bad base set up :D
    try.jpg 18.5K
    I started in sector 247

The sectors I been too 247, 352, 354, 16, 276, 415, 479

The hulls won Destroyer, Destroyer X, LC's, LCX, BC, Juggs, and MC so far 

How to survive Level 40

How to survive level 40 part 2: Raid strategy 

Tips for 40's 
  • Poison-Ivy51
    Poison-Ivy51
    Greenhorn
    Joined Apr 2011 Posts: 4
    DisneyFist wrote: »
    or how bout this you turn the border so that it runs horizontal and vertical with grid lines ?

I totally agree...I hate that base planner doesnt show same direction as the actual base will be...it really messes with my head to the point i have to turn my laptop sideways to figure it out!! :confused:
  • Get_U_Sum_HOW
    Get_U_Sum_HOW
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Feb 2012 Posts: 847
    I'm hold my applause until after I see it.
    I agree with this, but I'm looking forward to see how it dose.
  • Tyler Berry
    Tyler Berry
    Potential Threat
    Joined Aug 2012 Posts: 31
    When can we expect this Magic? That seems to be what everyone wants to know :)
  • MagicSarap
    MagicSarap
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 5,522
    When can we expect this Magic? That seems to be what everyone wants to know :)

Polling feedback first. It's something we wanted to get comments on before we made any adjustments. The poll closes on the 28th, but the votes seem kind of one sided, so I'll probably bring it up early next week.
  • Tyler Berry
    Tyler Berry
    Potential Threat
    Joined Aug 2012 Posts: 31
    Thanks alot
  • DisSucks
    DisSucks
    Potential Threat
    Joined Mar 2012 Posts: 26
    I would also love to see the white diamond border either expanded or eliminated all together. This would allow for much more creativity and more diverse layouts... btw..I didn't read all 14 pages so forgive me if this was already said.
  • florin
    florin
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 128
    Greetings Captains,

We wanted to get some feedback on adjustment for the Base Planner. Currently, players are unable to place land tiles diagonally from another land tile, regardless if it creates a narrow channel or not. The proposed change would allow players to place land tiles in a diagonal chain as long as it does not create a narrow channel (the Invalid base would be possible under the proposed change). Let us know what you think.

Valid:
    Valid BP.jpg

Invalid:
    Invalid BP 2.jpg
    hell yes man do it quick
  • rkhanson
    rkhanson
    Potential Threat
    Joined Mar 2012 Posts: 87
    so are kixeye is trying to get people farmed... bahaha.....
    BP NAME: YOU'LL FIND OUT SOON
    LVL 71
    Home sector: to be determined- Current sector: N/A
    Alliance: In one
    USER ID: 444****
  • DeathAndDestruction44
    DeathAndDestruction44
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 886
    Keep your base as is don't [email protected] this up for the rest of us.

am i not allowed to give my feedback now??? get a grip old man!!!
  • Sgt_Humpy
    Sgt_Humpy
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Apr 2011 Posts: 3,451
    Like it!

And while at it, can you consider to extend the white box too? :P
    Anyway, this will allows for some new layouts.
    Go to the War Room or Player Guides and learn.
    Improvise, adapt and overcome to conquer
    Last hull won: Destroyer ECM
    Sgt_Humpy's video feed

• Australian_Navy
    Australian_Navy
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jan 2012 Posts: 6
    Yea well I still wouldn't make a base like those ones. Mine has just been updated with a slight copy of a good players base.
  • NM-Executioner
    NM-Executioner
    this is prob the best idea kixeye has made in awhile please do this as we need it we can make very good designs with this look gos to show how many ppl like this idea
    reduced repair and builds times wont happen kixeye said 6 months ago they looking into it umm whats too look into there kixeye i dont see what your looking at?
  • NM-Executioner
    NM-Executioner
    vetehinen wrote: »
    Idea is nice ... but again something act before thinking ... first idea why not this have never been possible is what ? If this will be reality i can build base where there are no entry for enemies ! (if they wont use huge amount of big rockets ) Attachment not found. i can move that single block and then its too far to be hit with any ship weapon and put a halo on it covering all area in there

lol dude it bp u bases r ment to be brakable not completely unattackable lol
  • NM-Executioner
    NM-Executioner
    bobber wrote: »
    Why not just rotate the bases 45 degrees so they are square to the outer limitations and diagonals would not be needed at all? this would make base designs much easier and neater. I would think it could be implemented right in the base designer feature pretty easily and players would have the option to use it or not.

another thing if they made it square all bases will be a boring square design bore snor lol the way they have it works why brake the diamond set up when this aint a issue to be fair another thing kixeye as bobber said bring rotate in so ppl dont put the entrance the wrong way around ive done it n got annoyed but then again gave me something to do cuz of the long boring ship building times shorten the times kixeye it will help us get bk log down lol
  • Severo
    Severo
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jun 2011 Posts: 12
    base attacking is hard as it is, implement this and there will be much less battle, no no no bad idea, implement alliance instead

405 votes for "yes" so far, guess majority of players wanna be salvage pirates, this game is turning into farmville T___T
  • Daniel_Longsword
    Daniel_Longsword
    Potential Threat
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 53
    409 said yes without thinking in my opinion. Like above, all bases are supposed to be built in a way so they're hard to get into, but not unbreakable.
    VEGA Conflict - Lv32 - Planets Visited: 414
    Battle Pirates - Lv53 - Visited Sectors: 1, 2, 101, 280, 383, 449
    War Commander - Lv30 - Visited Sectors: 29

Bold is current sector/planet. Underline is home sector/planet.

Ashamed to admit that I was in sector 1. What a dump that became.
  • MECH WARRIOR
    MECH WARRIOR
    Greenhorn
    Joined Nov 2012 Posts: 3
    Yes you are right a base is to be harder to get into but ship tech is getting better. How ever base tech is falling behind.
  • dgoddard
    dgoddard
    Potential Threat
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 57
    Maybe its been said already, if so forgive me. To fully take advantage fo a change like this I think we would need the ability to rotate our buildings, turrets, and walls to rest in a diagonal orientation also.
  • Gizzman
    Gizzman
    Potential Threat
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 64
    Change the area where you can build your base to a square instead of a diamond (or square standing on it's corner.) Would make everything much easier.
  • manamal
    manamal
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 205
    Dumb idea. If you want to bow down to the people complaining about there base getting hit then come up with some better turrets. Don't change around base layouts to the point that each base will have 5-8 more land tiles. My base will be unstoppable if I have 6 more tiles... I will make it so only a blitz fleet will have time to reach wh's but they will never make it because I will have 6 cerbs waiting for them.
    Manamal - SMASHERS
    Lvl 57
  • rustyhook
    rustyhook
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 6
    chain base.jpg
    Could look something like this.
This discussion has been closed.