Base Planner Diagonal Adjustment

• Liam-99
    Liam-99
    Master Tactician
    Joined Jan 2012 Posts: 2,112
    cool story kixeye needs more dragons, perhaps focus on fixing current issues before making new ones,
    Join my weekly show on YouTube and follow us on Facebook as we discuss all things BP....The Forsaken Council. 
  • exracer327
    exracer327
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 595
    I'm abstaining from voting either way for this for a few reasons:

1) as of right now, land tiles share walls between turrets, etc. With the diagonal layout, each land tile could be independent of one another. How long until you give us additional walls to compensate. Although, if we did receive more walls, then we could build 2 deep walls for every turret.

2) as of right now, 2x2 diagonal is not snipable. If the base were turned and the current 3D graphics engine is still in place for battling, that would no longer be true. The corners may then require 3x3 (or more?) to be safe - thus rending all the extra land spaces moot. (Think about how 1 land, 3 water and 3 walls are required now on one side to be safe from assault missiles + sfb3 and how that might change with a diagonal base layout.)

3) if this was implemented, how would it affect all our current bases? Or would this be an available option within the base planner that we could build either a "normal" or diagonal base?
    So, what's fun about this thread is the admission of hacking on an alternate account, but unfortunately you neglected to realize that this forum account has the same registered email address as your primary Facebook & Battle Pirates account.

Whoops.
  • VladBP
    VladBP
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 91
    Yes, yes, YES! The only negative I've heard so far is "my farms will get tougher" and "gimme a dry dock instead.". 1) Good Grief - isn't killing 40s with your DreadX so much overkill that you'll still get to level as many guys 15 levels below as you want? 2) This isn't an either/or argument. As we all have dry docks at #1 on our list, delaying a positive change (one of the very few) because it's not a dry dock is cutting off your nose to spite your face.
    Vlad, Level 125
    Still hanging on at "Battle Pirates on Bacon"
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/bponbv
    Arbiter Emeritus & Retired Producer, BP TALK Live!
    Recently Retired Presenter, BP Crow's Nest
    Admin, BP on Bacon
    Mod, BP Crow's Nest
    (Thanks, Kix, for wiping old signatures and taking my former sector list to an electronic grave.)
  • Hermit
    Hermit
    Greenhorn
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 16
    Wouldn't it be easier to turn the allowed build space into a square aligned to the grid instead of using a diamond?
  • Liam-99
    Liam-99
    Master Tactician
    Joined Jan 2012 Posts: 2,112
    DNX are overpowered . halos are overpowered , victory lies in the hands of those who paid the most for it , the game is screwed has been for months , the reason for it is kixeyes stupid string of releases.
    Join my weekly show on YouTube and follow us on Facebook as we discuss all things BP....The Forsaken Council. 
  • total burnination
    total burnination
    Master Tactician
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 2,050
    Yes this would be awesome i dont see why we cant already do this
    Battle Pirates name: Deadly_D3/Level 45/Sector 51 ATM
    Proud winner of Hail A-B-Vortex torps T-A, Arc missile 1-2, Poseidon Depth Charge 1-2-3, Phalanx Anti-Missile 1 Compound Armor D5-X Cluster Warheads 1, Speed system 1, Strike System 2, Alloy Armor MX-1, Stealth Attack System 1, Seige drone 1-2.
    Hulls: Battle Barge A, Corvette, Frigate, Destroyer, Destroyer X, Battle Cruiser
  • jimt
    jimt
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Feb 2012 Posts: 127
    ReLeNtLeSs wrote: »
    DNX are overpowered . halos are overpowered , victory lies in the hands of those who paid the most for it , the game is screwed has been for months , the reason for it is kixeyes stupid string of releases.

Quite; and this update will make the floating fortress even more obsolete than it already is - engines will be a necessity - thus leaving only one special slot free. This will screw over all those players without raid ships even more as they'll be able to successfully hit even fewer bases.

JTatC
  • Cheesy_Shark_Tongue
    Cheesy_Shark_Tongue
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 1,914
    exracer327 wrote: »
    I'm abstaining from voting either way for this for a few reasons:

1) as of right now, land tiles share walls between turrets, etc. With the diagonal layout, each land tile could be independent of one another. How long until you give us additional walls to compensate. Although, if we did receive more walls, then we could build 2 deep walls for every turret.

2) as of right now, 2x2 diagonal is not snipable. If the base were turned and the current 3D graphics engine is still in place for battling, that would no longer be true. The corners may then require 3x3 (or more?) to be safe - thus rending all the extra land spaces moot. (Think about how 1 land, 3 water and 3 walls are required now on one side to be safe from assault missiles + sfb3 and how that might change with a diagonal base layout.)

3) if this was implemented, how would it affect all our current bases? Or would this be an available option within the base planner that we could build either a "normal" or diagonal base?

Based on your comments I do not think you understand the proposal.
    Nothing changes except for land placement rules.
    Quit Spring 2015 or so, returned Jan 2019.  
    QUOTE by John Stribling. - Who needs Jerry Springer, when u have forums. LMAO
  • Mu Ru Der
    Mu Ru Der
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 252
    Hermit wrote: »
    Wouldn't it be easier to turn the allowed build space into a square aligned to the grid instead of using a diamond?

I like this idea much better than allowing diagonal squares, it would allow us to use the available space more efficiently without changing the maximum base size or the land tile rules.
  • Blue_Dog
    Blue_Dog
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 137
    Great idea. Love it!
  • billyjax
    billyjax
    Potential Threat
    Joined Feb 2012 Posts: 26
    like it so i guess this means we wont get it lol
  • Dark_side
    Dark_side
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Aug 2011 Posts: 324
    Greetings Captains,

We wanted to get some feedback on adjustment for the Base Planner. Currently, players are unable to place land tiles diagonally from another land tile, regardless if it creates a narrow channel or not. The proposed change would allow players to place land tiles in a diagonal chain as long as it does not create a narrow channel (the Invalid base would be possible under the proposed change). Let us know what you think.

Valid:
    Valid BP.jpg

Invalid:
    Invalid BP 2.jpg

i am sorry but i do not see the Perseus in this if you can not Connect the diagonally Squares together if i saw some one with a layout in the Valid photo i would be farming them as they have 4 ways into the the base i personally think you should be able to do it like in the Invalid photo
    DARK_SIDE_FF
    FREEDOM FIGHTERS

Support Ticket
    To some people their time is more valuable to them, and to others their money is more valuable. Your priorities are you own, and just as others shouldn't tell you what it more valuable to you, nor should you impose on others what should be more valuable to them.
    Lou Seal wrote: »
    We are both listening and not chickens (we're Unicorns damnit).
  • Admiral-Ace
    Admiral-Ace
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jun 2011 Posts: 308
    Ok so after reading this thread and trying it out on base planner I see no benefit to it. Having diagnol 'chains' is of no use if you can not connect them to the main sides of the base. So unless you want to have muliple entrances to your base what are these diagnol 'chains' for? Maybe someone can help explain the purpose of this new feature.
    Admiral-Ace
    Fleet Admiral
    Freedom Fighters - FF
  • Josh Williamson
    Josh Williamson
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 278
    EXACTLY.

this seems like a huge waste of an update. yeehaw, we can have multiple entrances. i dont see how anyone can see this as a way to have a better base.
    it makes your base retarded

Ace65 wrote: »
    Ok so after reading this thread and trying it out on base planner I see no benefit to it. Having diagnol 'chains' is of no use if you can not connect them to the main sides of the base. So unless you want to have muliple entrances to your base what are these diagnol 'chains' for? Maybe someone can help explain the purpose of this new feature.
    BIG-PIG-MAN.
    BIGS OF BATTLE PIRATES
  • Blazing_Darkness
    Blazing_Darkness
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Nov 2010 Posts: 8,162
    Ace65 wrote: »
    The whole point is to allow them to be connected to the main sides of the base.
    The second pic is currently invalid and you would have to place the land as shown in the first pic instead to make it valid. The proposed changes are to change it so the second pic is valid and that it is possible to use land in such a manner.
    TOME Name: Blaze    Favourite Guardians: Osric (Pusher), Malbus (Tank), Talia (Slayer), Erebus (Tactician)
    The Battle Pirate Glossary - Forum Rules - Support form
  • ThisIsNowADeadaccoun
    ThisIsNowADeadaccoun
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Sep 2010 Posts: 173
    will we be able to put our attacking ships inn the corners? i know we cannot right know
  • Anakin Skywalker
    Anakin Skywalker
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Mar 2012 Posts: 514
    Using the invalid method, its possible to make a design that can very easily time out creeper fleets with no engine fitted!!

You would gain between 6-9 land tiles over current base building methods and diagonal channels mean longer channels too
    Anakin Skywalker

For you, the day I rolled into your sector and smashed your bases.. was a memorable day. For me, it was Tuesday.

Battle Pirates Videos!

• ZeEt Ferrer
    ZeEt Ferrer
    Greenhorn
    Joined Nov 2012 Posts: 1
    need help....did the kixeye founding the root of cell base error????I have incounter of that error more than one weaks from now:(
  • Menkaly
    Menkaly
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 76
    Hermit wrote: »

I would be okay with the proposed diagonal walls, but do like this suggestion (see quote) a little bit more!
    MENKALY   Sector-86 / Level-72
    "Pirates who whine or live in a bubble are vacant of soul and desire. Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional."
  • UssWVa
    UssWVa
    Greenhorn
    Joined Nov 2012 Posts: 4
    get it done already
  • arnast
    arnast
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Jan 2012 Posts: 909
    Luv the idea, it would a very good idea.. you need also to be able to put in a ship with max weapons range to be able to check if your base can be sniped :) <3
  • dop
    dop
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 1,026
    Superb idea, bout time we got a bit more variety regarding base design, excellent kixeye.
    semi retired pirate, the seas got to greedy.
  • DOUBLEMINT
    DOUBLEMINT
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 1,154
    Love it....
    Request to Join: THE ALLIANCE CRIB  https://www.facebook.com/groups/THEALLIANCECRIB/

• Australian_Navy
    Australian_Navy
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jan 2012 Posts: 6
    Yea I don't find a problem with the bottom one either. The top one is just too easy to get into and would be easy to destroy.
  • alanf
    alanf
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 1,348
    looks good may need some graphical adjustments though to make it look right
    Alanf  - I was pounding bases at level 50, so why don't you 50s hit me now?
  • Nigel M Bailey
    Nigel M Bailey
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Aug 2012 Posts: 304
    I dont like this idea at all - base designs would look stupid....

simple solution is to make more tiles available if you want more interesting base designs as im guessing that the diagonal tile system your suggesting would probably free up 3 or 4 land tiles for the centre island so just make 4 more tiles available for OP5 and your plan is sorted. you give people the chance to redesign bases and to be more creative...

Introducing this suggested idea would look totally stupid unless you would invest the tile design which would change the appearance of land tiles to a narrower but linked line as opposed to the stupid corner to corner squares.

-1 Kix for the idea +1 for trying to come up with something new...
     'You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.' ~ Winston Churchill
  • Trogar
    Trogar
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 13,085
    Great Idea!! I agree with a previous post regarding losing the diamond shape restriction...
  • bort
    bort
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 8,257
    This would be a massive increase to base strength.

If that is the desired outcome then sure, its a good idea. My base will be a lot stronger, with effectively another 9 land tiles I can add in some more turns for blitzers as well as virtually time out all creepers.

I would be very careful about implementing this without reducing land tiles, as it will be a large balance shift.
  • Drummerboy
    Drummerboy
    Potential Threat
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 90
    I like the ideal, I think it would offer a lot more creativity in base designing. However, care should be taken to ensure that it doesn't for the most part allow building unbreachable bases.
  • byteme184
    byteme184
    Greenhorn
    Joined Nov 2012 Posts: 8
    There is no unbreakable bases u could run the new ones with eng 3 and speed armor and i have seen some pretty fast dreads.and CM MAGICSARAP and the higher ups wouldn't just throw this out there with no thought .Look at the positive votes lets bring this puppy out. If no one likes then the WHINERS will make a group protesting this and say they will boycott this BUT NOT ME this is awesome
This discussion has been closed.