shoot this would make it so much easier to keep everybody out :D

it's hard enough to get in to bases with Goliath's now
  • Daniel_Longsword
    Daniel_Longsword
    Potential Threat
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 53
    The solution is simple.

MAKE THE BASE AREA A FREAKING SQUARE!

I swear Kixeye has no idea what they're doing sometimes.
    VEGA Conflict - Lv32 - Planets Visited: 414
    Battle Pirates - Lv53 - Visited Sectors: 1, 2, 101, 280, 383, 449
    War Commander - Lv30 - Visited Sectors: 29

Bold is current sector/planet. Underline is home sector/planet.

Ashamed to admit that I was in sector 1. What a dump that became.
  • Gainn
    Gainn
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Aug 2010 Posts: 867
    The one thing I'd like to see in the planner? Allow us to set a patrol line for defenders that initiates once an opponent attacks.. pathing alone would make a huge difference in overall base strength..
    Winner - EVERYTHING!
    sheranraj wrote: »
    if i get banned I am gonna quit playing this game..
  • Gizzman
    Gizzman
    Potential Threat
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 64
    Make the white box a square. Or does that make too much sense?
  • Gizzman
    Gizzman
    Potential Threat
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 64
    The solution is simple.

MAKE THE BASE AREA A FREAKING SQUARE!

I swear Kixeye has no idea what they're doing sometimes.
    I totally agree. Should have been done ages ago.
  • wyld_one
    wyld_one
    Potential Threat
    Joined Nov 2010 Posts: 95
    Well, not sure if this improves things or not.

My would rather see a hex design for tiles, and a hex based area to build in . then the area would not be a rectangle wish sorta annoys me for some reason. Eg like a honey comb. the tile could still be 25 units from edge to edge. it would also be better for tower placement and in general a better looking base IMHO.

A hex shaped area, would also still keep the distance to center of base even, so placement of fleets incoming to attack would be still limited for distance. I thinkj that was the one argument on making the area to place tiles larger.
  • Master_Chief
    Master_Chief
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Mar 2012 Posts: 271
    dude this update will change alot n this is a game dude games can go from realistic to none realistic in a click of ur fingers as it is a game who cares n yes thy can bring out better base stuf in raids be honest ppl rather base stuff these days than ships like if they put a raid shipyard as top prize ppl wud jump at that prize spending money to get it but kixeye never seem to no there own game n how they can make big money the raid shipyard is 1 of many ideas i got

Comma's, and periods are used to separate words into sentences.... Just sayin
    Master_Chief 
    BP - Level 75 / WC - Level 37
    Sic Vis Pacum Parrabellum (Latin) "If you want peace, prepare for war"
    Asus G75V - 3rd Gen Intel I7 - 16Gb of RAM - 256 Gb SSD - 750Gb HDD - Nvidia GTX 660M with 2 Gb RAM
  • saian_supa
    saian_supa
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jan 2012 Posts: 221
    Comma's, and periods are used to separate words into sentences.... Just sayin

and using a comma + and is way too much separation ... just saying
    I-_i22o_-I

shipyard busy until: June 2019

!!!!!   Originally Posted by The M   !!!!!
    !!!!!   You haven't played BP until you've started hitting in-sector, fact.   !!!!!

,,|, (>;<) ,|,,

• Emputy Souul
    Emputy Souul
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Nov 2012 Posts: 292
    Ok first off love the idea :) Now for daaaa rant on BALANCE!! Ladies and gents this is a war game the idea of balance is stupid!!! There is killed or be killed nothing more! What balance has existed in any world war EVER. WW1 Men in trenches with morts. Chem weapons disrupted that balance to German side. WW2 Germany had super tanks jet planes skilled troops we had industry and disposable troops in the millions. The higher tech lost didnt it!!! Same war we had heavy slow dreadnaughts Japan had heavy fast warships. We made Atom bomb :D See war has no balance it has ability potential and conquest nothing more nothing less. Im an old school RTS gamer. Ive played Dune 2000 The entire Command and conquer lineup. Total Annihilation Starcraft 1 and 2 Dawn of war 1 and 2 plus the expanshion packs and the entire Homeworld series many many times against real players online. so i can honestly say IM AN RTS GAMER OK!!! This game is awesome it has all the aspects of an incredible RTS! Dont fraaak it up with balance. Balance is for wow weaklings and evercrack idiots. RTS is about domination you start nerfing and boosting to find some idiotic balance where a gunboat lvl 1 player can hold off a dread x lvl 88 player just to be fair!!!!!!! Do you all see the stupidity in this. We may as well have all ships have 1hp 1 gun that has the exact same range and deal 1 hp dmg! theres your balance :( Scarp have this idea bounce around lookit dawn of war and homeworld 2 limit build area yes limit turrets no limit fleets to weight limit yes ship amounts no let low lvls swarm big lvls with long ships thatll teach em :) base hit timer lose that crap!! Let US set the balance of war. Itll be funner itll get you guys more coins :) Imagine a coiner with the option of having more turrets :) Booooom insta revenue just to say he has it. BTW im a coiner bout 10 - 20 a week speeding builds and refits and a few repairs from time to time. Wish i had this option back in the day of relic online and westwood online my old school record would be flawless :D Lastly coiners vs non coiners.. Coiners are truly a good example of this whole rant. We have more resources than poor non coin pirates. no way of balancing that unless when you hit bases you can steal coins also! Fun brings and keeps players not some idea of fareness. Look at the fail wow theyve nerfed balanced and buffed every race class and ability till there all about the same. evercrack and all the other mmos did the same. Why do you think millions play facebook games!!! The quote real online games SUCK.... and with that as long as Kixeye dosent bow down to whinney complainers who want the rules changed so they will win.. This game will not suck and we will play it. p.s. Keep up the good work KIXEYE You guys really are doing an awesome job you deserve every coin you get
  • Alexander Schneider
    Alexander Schneider
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Aug 2011 Posts: 382
    wyld_one wrote: »
    Well, not sure if this improves things or not.

My would rather see a hex design for tiles, and a hex based area to build in . then the area would not be a rectangle wish sorta annoys me for some reason. Eg like a honey comb. the tile could still be 25 units from edge to edge. it would also be better for tower placement and in general a better looking base IMHO.

A hex shaped area, would also still keep the distance to center of base even, so placement of fleets incoming to attack would be still limited for distance. I thinkj that was the one argument on making the area to place tiles larger.

Make more sense than anything else I did read here. +1
    IN 337 WE TRUST! :pokey: - French do it betteR -
    exile L59 sector: 44
    User ID: 1059095 w7//chrome/firefox last flash.
  • kwelname
    kwelname
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 521
    DO it --- and do it square!
  • Quiet Storm
    Quiet Storm
    Potential Threat
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 65
    That would be great
    LVL Headed
  • up_in_smoke
    up_in_smoke
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jan 2012 Posts: 2
    I think we should have an option to make it a rectangle(default) and sqaure which could be modified. But instead of letting us choose, why not create a small building of some sort to be build that once upgraded to lets say level 5, allow us to change out orientation to being sqaure.

But honestly sqaure base designs should have been part of the game from the very beginning.
  • Skull_SK
    Skull_SK
    Greenhorn
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 6
    Jose Rego wrote: »
    Would like this with a twist.. I think I see 246 tile placements... Why add OP 6/7/8/9/10 and at OP 7 have group attacks and two fleets inside at op 8

OutPost_5 = 294 tile placement spaces : Save more base Designs
    OutPost_6 = 390 tile placement spaces : New Warehouse for Drac ships Only
    OutPost_7 = 438 tile placement spaces : Group Base Hit
    OutPost_8 = 486 tile placement spaces : Two Base Fleets
    OutPost_9 = 534 tile placement spaces : Drac Only Repair Dock (15% faster repair time)
    OutPost_10 = 582 tile placement spaces : More Land Tiles & Water Turants

This is an interesting suggestion. Could see this making base design with many variations and encourage players working together on base attacks. Might be an idea to file under future enhancements.
  • Sarah Behrens Bachman
    Sarah Behrens Bachman
    Greenhorn
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 7
    love this idea! base planner was an awesome change to begin with. would love a couple more slots to save designs as well. excited to see when this will roll out for us! ty kixeye!
  • SpiritSmuggler
    SpiritSmuggler
    Greenhorn
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 1
    I think the diagonally chained land tiles would be great. I've wished I could do that for a long time. I think it would allow for greater creativity in base designs.
  • Ichabod
    Ichabod
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 1,401
    Oh please please please please please. And thank you.
    [seen_range]=( ( [sonar range] * [ECM reduction factor] + [visible range] ) * ( 1 + ( 1.5 * [missile quantity] ) ) ) * ( (1- [cloak efficiency] )
    DPS = [damage] / ( [reload] * ( 1 - [rank%] ) ) / ( 1 + [hullbonus%] )
    *Yes, the protonemesis is still available.
    *Irradiated cutthroats works on drac bases, dredges, elite salvages and (level dependent) standard salvages. It does not work on campaigns, forsaken missions, events or other 'awarded' uranium.

• Steel_Battalion_CF
    Steel_Battalion_CF
    Greenhorn
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 17
    Y not just give us more land tiles say 15? make it an even 100.
  • Alexander Schneider
    Alexander Schneider
    Skilled Warrior
    The entrance would still need to be 2 tiles. I will make an adjustment to the picture to show that. Thanks for the catch.

RATRACE.jpg

Would this be a correct setup ???
    if yes, well good luck to get to the op wh in time...
    And with a good lab gene turret placement 25% granted. plus guard ships!
  • Mu Ru Der
    Mu Ru Der
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 252
    RATRACE.jpg

Would this be a correct setup ???

The eastern most tile of the L is only one space away, would not be valid.
  • Stryker - THC
    Stryker - THC
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 111
    This is gonna really open up the bases for new ideas, and kill the Snipers on most bases. Personally i leave WH's outside at random intervals so keeps them wondering. Would really like the option of a few more base saves also.
    Stryker 
    BP - LVL 70
    Vega - LVL 22
    Sector: wherever i am...... 
    Proud Member of "The Homeless Crew"
    BP Sector Police Exterminators

• robertg
    robertg
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 564
    as shown above this idea is good but needs a tweak.
    its too much land, try to make that channel without engine and time left to kill the op. do not implemant this without very good testing!
    and yes i would love more land tiles but its just too much.
  • Dinoishere78
    Dinoishere78
    Potential Threat
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 39
    that is a really good idea will help in designing a better base and should more fun to play thanks for this cant wait to see it done
  • Alexander Schneider
    Alexander Schneider
    Skilled Warrior
    The eastern most tile of the L is only one space away, would not be valid.

yeah sorry did that a lil fast, but it's more to point out the sort of thing that would be possible.
    just move two three tiles and the length of the channel would be the same...
    I would also not give away my own lil base cooking ;)
  • Maveric
    Maveric
    Greenhorn
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 7
    If this happens when How soon will it be implemented???
  • captjay
    captjay
    Potential Threat
    Joined Nov 2012 Posts: 34
    Great Idea!!!
  • TheGeo
    TheGeo
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jul 2011 Posts: 15
    Sorry but i think its easier if you rotate the base limit by 45°. The grid will be parallel to land square
  • Leo McCloud
    Leo McCloud
    Greenhorn
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 1
    I am newer to this game, but, I think this would add a very good dynamic to base building and defense.
This discussion has been closed.