New Clan Badge Display

shaun1953
shaun1953
Strike-force Captain
Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 626
edited 12 Nov 2012, 3:52PM
Does anyone else have issues see players badges and seeing the diferences between some of them? I think it would be nice if kixeye woul make a row below your name and pic that has cells where you could put your badges. Most badges i have seen you sand see the color and some shapes but you cannot make out what they say. I have seen some badges that are so similar that the size they are on your image you cannot tell them apart. What does everyone else think?

Would you like a new clan badge display 44 votes

Yes I would like something better than what we have
93% 41 votes
No what we have is fine
6% 3 votes
  • -Overlord-
    -Overlord-
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 1,471
    A clearer picture would be nice or maybe if you clicked the avatar of another player base or platoon, it show a bigger size while being clearer.. The avatars ingame is quite blurry and hard to see what the picture badges are.

Well... just my 2 cents. Maybe the alliance features kixeye will implement have something for this.
  • -Overlord-
    -Overlord-
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 1,471
    I have a simpler solution. How about a mouse over feature that blows up the pic a bit larger so you can see better. Simpler and easier.

That`s actually a good idea.
  • shaun1953
    shaun1953
    Strike-force Captain
    I have a simpler solution. How about a mouse over feature that blows up the pic a bit larger so you can see better. Simpler and easier.

I agree that would be great but i think kixeye needs to do something to fix this.
  • Ninja Warrior
    Ninja Warrior
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 182
    I like this idea
  • Iron Truck
    Iron Truck
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 110
    I want to know which idiot thinks what we have is fine! :P
    I am 31 going on 32... time to bubble some more :)
  • Fight_Or_Die
    Fight_Or_Die
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Aug 2012 Posts: 391
    Yessss make it easier to see!
    Fight_Or_Die (30)
    Sector --- -- USER ID: 4353004

Special Operations Force - (Head Admin)
    Event units: Elite Laser Tank, Dogs, E.Gats, E.Hawks, Shock Tank, Shock Trooper, E.Hellfires
    Message Me On - (Facebook)
  • drifterdude
    drifterdude
    Greenhorn
    Joined Aug 2012 Posts: 20
    agreed I want a solution where I dont have to put my badge on my profile pic.
  • shaun1953
    shaun1953
    Strike-force Captain
    Iron Truck wrote: »
    I want to know which idiot thinks what we have is fine! :P

i guess someone with a lot better eyesight than us or a magnifying glass, lol
  • Tony Miller
    Tony Miller
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 328
    before bringing out new ideas they need to fix the game play first but yes a easyer to see badge would be great be easyer to single out a clan of 300
    why is it that every time i get on war commander or the forms people is always whining about something
  • kvd
    kvd
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 1,130
    Use the zoom button on ur browser, its there for a reason.
    Toxic Rage
    Level 29   |   KVD   |   Hellstorme, Elite Hellfires, Elite Warhawks, Elite Gatlin Trucks, Elite Lazer Tank, Flac Tank, Stinger, Reaper, Drone Silo, Shock trooper, Colossus, 

[url]http://support.kixeye.com/mail/help/system_requirements[/url]
  • shaun1953
    shaun1953
    Strike-force Captain
    kvd wrote: »
    Use the zoom button on ur browser, its there for a reason.

yeah but who wants to keep zooming in and out plus some people have so manny badges they have to make them small that you can still barely see them. When you are in a war if you have to zoom in then zoom out to figure out if a guy is an enemy then ur plat is going to get destroied everytime
  • Bright Ukaegbu
    Bright Ukaegbu
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Aug 2012 Posts: 402
    Heh, then hit first then apologise later if the person was an ally. That seems to work with some people. Remember its WAR commander not Huggz commander after all :)
  • eternalx
    eternalx
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 1,228
    Just make like a flag that stands in your base hex and when your platoons move, there will be your alliance flag too.
    ID 1515302
    Alice
    Previous Name - TheEternalX
    Alliance - None 
    Previous Leader of Immortal Fire Sector 110
    5,175,547,215 loots before leaderboard reset (2 years ago)

• CT27
    CT27
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Aug 2012 Posts: 1,039

I would like that too. I'd like to keep my FB profile pic "normal".
  • david t kozich
    david t kozich
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Feb 2012 Posts: 932
    a woman showed up next 2 me. her badge is her and a friend in bikines. i want a better look lol.
    DAVID T KOZICH
    AKA NO HANDS ON DECK
  • Chris Bowyer
    Chris Bowyer
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 1,894
    a woman showed up next 2 me. her badge is her and a friend in bikines. i want a better look lol.

A man showed up next 2 me. His badge is his wife and a friend in bikinis. I want a better look too.

Errr... I wonder if it's the same one?
    -X-
    Sector 121
    It wouldn't be fun if it was easy.
  • david t kozich
    david t kozich
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Feb 2012 Posts: 932
    i'm not i 121.
    DAVID T KOZICH
    AKA NO HANDS ON DECK
  • jstefak
    jstefak
    Potential Threat
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 82
    This thing with badges is becoming totally silly and inane......some have so many.......they should have necklaces/earrings.....maybe they are so insecure that they need that many badges so no one will attack them....so they can call rape when someone takes their tiny depot....LOLOLOL....give me a break.......I think the idea of an alliance is great.....BUT ...it is so greatly abused......

What do you think?????????????????
    Retribution - Level 32
  • Tony Miller
    Tony Miller
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 328
    the thing i hate is when you hit a clan member for stealing or hitting you for no reason the rest has to poke thier nose it the mix and cause even more problems
    why is it that every time i get on war commander or the forms people is always whining about something
  • shaun1953
    shaun1953
    Strike-force Captain
    jstefak wrote: »
    This thing with badges is becoming totally silly and inane......some have so many.......they should have necklaces/earrings.....maybe they are so insecure that they need that many badges so no one will attack them....so they can call rape when someone takes their tiny depot....LOLOLOL....give me a break.......I think the idea of an alliance is great.....BUT ...it is so greatly abused......

What do you think?????????????????

that is my point some pep wear so many badges you cannot see them. Yes some do abuse the clans. I do not take depos unless i am boarded or if the purpose is to remove the depos from a level 32 hoarding all the depos in a sector and yes even tinys and smalls.
    the thing i hate is when you hit a clan member for stealing or hitting you for no reason the rest has to poke thier nose it the mix and cause even more problems

It is a war game what did you expect? if you do not like it roll over and let him keep hitting you and and do not hit him back or get some of your freinds to hit all them back.
  • barcstud
    barcstud
    Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 226
    My problems with it typically arise when someone has spammed their pic with numerous badges. My solution....get rid of the profile pic entirely and limit the number of badges someone can wear (perhaps 4) while increasing the size of the viewing square by say 35 to 50%
    LVL 31 BoxOChocolates
    Sector 307
    Event Items: All available as of Operation Hellstorm
  • itsastony
    itsastony
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 478
    how about implementing allinaces INTO the game ... I never wore a badge and wont wear anyone anytime in the future ... its just stupid ... the badge has no ingame meaning. it does nothing, prohibits nothing. so I ignore them completely. if a clan gangs up on my I even more ignore it until they get bored ... I lose nothing that matters to me ... ressources ... dont need them ... base ... dont need it ... depots ... dont need them ... units ... have enough of them ... upgrades ... close to everything upgraded ... so understand where I am coming from

to make it clear that I dont care ... the words I dont care are written on my base with walls ... wells changed it a few days ago ... but had it on my base for several months ...

so, when KIXEYE finally manages to get (meaningfull) alliances/tools INTO the game, I will join the alliance game ... until then its simply some rules of some people who think they can put rules on others in a game ... so silly ... alliances as they exist now, have no meaning in game ...
  • shaun1953
    shaun1953
    Strike-force Captain
    itsastony wrote: »
    how about implementing allinaces INTO the game ... I never wore a badge and wont wear anyone anytime in the future ... its just stupid ... the badge has no ingame meaning. it does nothing, prohibits nothing. so I ignore them completely. if a clan gangs up on my I even more ignore it until they get bored ... I lose nothing that matters to me ... ressources ... dont need them ... base ... dont need it ... depots ... dont need them ... units ... have enough of them ... upgrades ... close to everything upgraded ... so understand where I am coming from

to make it clear that I dont care ... the words I dont care are written on my base with walls ... wells changed it a few days ago ... but had it on my base for several months ...

so, when KIXEYE finally manages to get (meaningfull) alliances/tools INTO the game, I will join the alliance game ... until then its simply some rules of some people who think they can put rules on others in a game ... so silly ... alliances as they exist now, have no meaning in game ...

well that is your opinion but to the majority of the players i am guessing clans/alliance mean a lot. I am just wanting something done to better clarify clans. Each sector has a set of unoffical rules but that doesn't mean you have to follow them but also means you cannot cry and whine when the clan comes down on you hard. I have seen pics of some sectors where they surround ur base with like 100plats you can fight all you want but that is going to get boring and eventually you will jump. I know Kixeye's main priority now is fixing the current state of the game but would like some imput into whether they are going to do something to better distinguish clans. Maybe do away with badges all together an under your name on map give a drop down clan menu so you can fill in all the clans you belong to.
  • Mike Franks
    Mike Franks
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 12
    What they have is good you start adding more stuff and the game load times will increase causing more lag and lets face it the lag is what is killing the game we all know its not lag from the kixeye server but lag due to Flash I would prefer they fix the Flash player issues over this issue TBH
  • Bright Ukaegbu
    Bright Ukaegbu
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Aug 2012 Posts: 402
    Clans can also help out players, especially the newer players as they can help give you tips and resources to help you grow in the game. There are a lot of clans that spring up due to the social aspect of the game and it's just more fun. When one of the missions is to get your buddy to join war commander (then the next one and the one after that!) you can group together and help each other out, it's usually best in a clan or alliance with others.

As for the bigger question on clan/alliance recognition, for the last couple of weeks I've been on another game, due mainly to my lack of access to my base (red error BS message) on this facebook app they have people that are in the same corporation/alliance have distinguishable badges on their planet and fleets. You can also only be in one at any one time, and it's encouraged to donate resources to the corporation/alliance.If a system like that was brought to War Commander I think it would help a lot of problems relating to clans/alliances, being the main one that a person seems to be in six or seven at the same time. It would allow higher level players to contribute excessive resources to the clan/alliance so that they can make units for clan members or help upkeep on depots. That last one will need work as that would require a rethink on the use and maintenance of depots.
  • shaun1953
    shaun1953
    Strike-force Captain
    What they have is good you start adding more stuff and the game load times will increase causing more lag and lets face it the lag is what is killing the game we all know its not lag from the kixeye server but lag due to Flash I would prefer they fix the Flash player issues over this issue TBH

I really do not think this would a alot of load time to the game especially if it is just text and if they do away with the badges or if like someone else said if when you move your cursor over the persons pic it blows up like 200% or 400%. I saw it discussed in another thread that they need to make it so you can turn off all unecessary graphics which i agree with and if they could work it so you could turn off some extra features too, like the pump animations and tc animations would help.
  • IShowGnomercy
    IShowGnomercy
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 107

This ^^ i dont want to change my profile pic and have a silly badge on it.
    *I'd rather be playing Boom Beach!!*