Base Attack Level Adjustment

• mj522
    mj522
    Greenhorn
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 1
    It's better then the current one I hate seeing a level 50+ hitting a 40. I go after them and bubble who I can. I also send them message some stop most don't. the only problem i see with this maybe is the level 40 hitting a 30. I have not been either level in a long time, I know a few 40 some have ff witch would kill a level 30 easy i think. How many 40 have ff I don't know. Other then that i like it either way I don't hit 5 under me unless I have to then I try not to kill them.
  • Gruber9876
    Gruber9876
    Greenhorn
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 18
    Just keep it the way it is, lvl 40 s now will be 45s in a short time, so still be complaining then. Agree with the remark that the raids turned players from base builders to ship builders, weakening their progress. Do Like the idea of retalliation by lower players, that would be fun as they accept the power differences.
    [PHP][/PHP]
    Originally Posted by UltimateLlama
    Second post and already trolling hard. The force is strong with this one.
  • C-Bz
    C-Bz
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 882
    It seems to me from the replies that almost all the people saying they dont like it have not read and understood the proposal.
  • antman
    antman
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Feb 2012 Posts: 1,293
    Just make bases auto repair after bubble is given.

This would stop most the complaints as 90% of the time the complaint is coz the player logs on and can't play
  • Beerman 391
    Beerman 391
    Greenhorn
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 18
    The only ones who benefit from this are the higher level players I am level 41 and since the 50,s and 60's can hit me I have been playing less and I am finding more dead bases between 40-45's because we don't stand a chance against the 50's and 60's doubt if i'll be playing much longer either if i can't go more then 1-2 days without being wiped out i cannot keep growing
  • Lance L
    Lance L
    Potential Threat
    Joined Aug 2011 Posts: 41
    What i am reading is that lvl 40-50 can hit 10 below and lvls51 and up still can hit from lvl 40 and up. Thist gives 40-50 more lower lvl targets to hit, which doesnt affect me at all since im a lvl 54.
    Lance
  • Lance L
    Lance L
    Potential Threat
    Joined Aug 2011 Posts: 41
    The only ones who benefit from this are the higher level players I am level 41 and since the 50,s and 60's can hit me I have been playing less and I am finding more dead bases between 40-45's because we don't stand a chance against the 50's and 60's doubt if i'll be playing much longer either if i can't go more then 1-2 days without being wiped out i cannot keep growing

once again. under the old system, the 50' and 60's could hit you then too. nothing has changed
    Lance
  • Standanista
    Standanista
    Potential Threat
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 53
    Good idea IMO.
  • Captain Crapalot
    Captain Crapalot
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jan 2012 Posts: 293
    Drop ALL restrictions. Bring buddy bubble back, but if you attack someone's base/ships your bubble drops for the next 24 hours, regardless if you gets flattened 100 times.
  • rose trimmer
    rose trimmer
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 9
    I think it's a good idea to make the change. Lower level players do not want to level up to 40 because they know they will be hit and know they can not defend against higher players. The current rules will cause lower level players to want to quit.
  • RobertAllen
    RobertAllen
    Greenhorn
    Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 13
    I just turned level 40 and been in a bubble ever since. Is my new job collecting resources for players 20 levels above me???? How on earth can anyone think that's fair? I don't play this game to be someones farm and if that's the case lets see how well they do raiding a dead sector.
  • freestylepnk
    freestylepnk
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 783
    I always thought that the cap should be 45 and not 40. 40 is just too low as they have not researched all the technologies required to stop top tier fleets. Just my humble opinion from experience.
    Immortal_Kombat aka Freestylepunk - Retired Level 59 
    Sectors visited: 130, 235, 182, 183, 239, 312, 396, 404, 108
  • Drax
    Drax
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 1,718
    Magic - can you give us some timescale when this change will be implemented?

or are you just gauging reaction to it before finalising what you will do?
  • Captain_Bludge
    Captain_Bludge
    Greenhorn
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 4
    the problem is not the rules it is the people playing it. you got players with Dread x's, strike cruiser and all those great ships that are impossible for standard forsaken arsenals to take out and alot of these players would rather flatten low level players then challenge themselves and there equipment on players that r on there lvl. basically why work to get it. Personally i dont really think we need rule changes as much as we need equipment to handle the high lvl fleets. i mean you gave great fleets to big players through the raids. but how can a leisurly player suppose to defend themselves with the same defenses we have always had. if someone play for say 2 hrs a day he is down for the day from a base hit that destroys his dock because of a 4hr repair on alvl 10 dock.
  • VladBP
    VladBP
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 91
    This change was supposed to make more targets for hitting. We'll, in general, there aren't any. Almost every base from 40-45 is either bubbled or dead for two sectors in wither direction. The ones that aren't have spent their WHs to zero, because they know they can't defend. So - the final effect is that there aren't ANY targets. Unless, of course, you want me to make myself a target for the guy over yonder with the dreadx fleet. I can always send in my FF fleet to attack some guy 8 levels above me, get them killed, and become his perma-farm for my trouble. Like most else you've changed (except the base planner - good job there) you've dorked it up...
    Vlad, Level 125
    Still hanging on at "Battle Pirates on Bacon"
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/bponbv
    Arbiter Emeritus & Retired Producer, BP TALK Live!
    Recently Retired Presenter, BP Crow's Nest
    Admin, BP on Bacon
    Mod, BP Crow's Nest
    (Thanks, Kix, for wiping old signatures and taking my former sector list to an electronic grave.)
  • Apharot
    Apharot
    Greenhorn
    Joined Aug 2012 Posts: 17
    You all need to stop complaining. Kixeye isn't going to change anything, and they don't care. If you're not a major coiner, they don't even bother reading your reply most of the time. If you think Kixeye builds games to have fun, you're crazy. They build games to make money. Just let it go. They've got the pulse of the high level/major coiners, that's all they are going to listen to.
  • Cheesy_Shark_Tongue
    Cheesy_Shark_Tongue
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 1,914
    I think that this is convoluted. How about simpler, like +25%, and -20%, and open season above 40.

The way the math works out,
    20 could hit 16 to 25 (who conversely could hit them - do the math if you doubt me)
    30 could hit 24 to 37 or 38 ( who conversely could hit them - do the math if you doubt me )
    40 could hit 32 to everything
    Quit Spring 2015 or so, returned Jan 2019.  
    QUOTE by John Stribling. - Who needs Jerry Springer, when u have forums. LMAO
  • demondawg
    demondawg
    Greenhorn
    Joined Nov 2012 Posts: 4
    That still doesn't solve the 40's getting farmed by the lvl 60 players, making open season 45 to 50 would help stop that much better.
  • Michael Huggins
    Michael Huggins
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 3
    How about this for a novel idea, do away with the +/- lvls on the up scale so that anyone can hit any lvl above them, IE, a lvl 10 could, if brave enough (or stupid enough) hit a lvl 25/30 or even 50, but then restrict the down lvl to say 5 or even 10. This would put an end to people being walked over by lvls who are up to 25 or 30 lvls above them, for example lvl 55/60/65 just walking through lvl 40s base and it would give lower lvl players some form of chance to defend their bases. The exception to this would be that the higher lvl players would be able to retaliate on lower lvls if they were attacked by them, so if a lvl 35 attacked a lvl60 base then the lvl 60 would be able to attack back. Hope that this makes some form of sence as its my 1st time replying to a thred. Love the game and long may it continue,thanks.
  • Esophobia
    Esophobia
    Greenhorn
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 24
    I think its a fair option for players. Either way you will still have a lot of people complaining. I think for the most part the game is headed in the right direction. Still wish you would have created a pink ship for breast cancer awareness month in October. :)
  • SlingerUK
    SlingerUK
    Greenhorn
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 16
    To those that want it left as it is, most of you are higher levels and are the people that are causing the issue.
    I move sectors a lot with the group i am in and I will quote something that is common across all sectors.
    "Why spend loads of time hitting salvs when i can steal it from a lower level base quicker and easier"
    Any base around level 40 will have 4 or 5 warehouses and needs to keep them well stocked for upgrades and research, so that means capacity of 32-38 million of each resource but will not have the technology to defend it from a fleet of FF's, SC's, HH's, SF's and certainly not Dread X's that will walk through multiple low level bases with next to no damage.
    I have seen more than one level 55+ walk through over a dozen low to mid level 40 bases in a sector with a fleet of DreadX's.
    Why? well it can't be for res as he was full up after the first hit, is it just because he can and they think it makes them look like a big man.....probably.
    The reality of it is that it makes you look a fool, if your fleets are that good and your skill level that high then go hit someone the same level or higher than you are and face a real challenge.
    Or is it that you are scared that they then might retaliate on your base and you end up with a bubble or your base design is that poor that although it can stop an under-powered, under equipped level 40ish it would't stop anyone with a similar fleet to you own and they turn you into a farm.
    Why not try -5 level hit capping with no limit above for all players up to lvl 50, but if you hit someone more than 5 levels above you then they can retaliate for 24 hours.
    Open season at level 50 and above with lvl50 - 54 still able to hit -5.
  • Ironclad
    Ironclad
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 560
    eyexik wrote: »
    This is starting to become very unproductive - your old system was fine, your new system is fine. The fact that people are complaining is because they can't build a base right, I have had (in your old system) a lvl 34 complain because a lvl 36 flatten them. Regardless of how you change it somebody will always complain. So for the love all that is .. ..... .. please stop changing things that don't need to be change.

Thinking there are other things more important to deal with than the lvl.

+1 besides they big enough to attack my fleets they big enough to defend against them
    So coining is cheating is it??  REMEMBER I coin so YOU can play for free noob!!!!

EVERY TIME I SEE A PLAYER COMPLAINING IN THE FORUM ABOUT BEING 20 LEVELS LOWER AND BEING ATTACKED I DESTROY 20 LEVEL 50 BASES

• Ironclad
    Ironclad
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 560
    Greetings Captains,

The team has been evaluating player feedback regarding the Level Restructure and attack restrictions changes. We’ve noticed that mid-level players have experienced a decrease in the number of attackable targets and we’re looking into making adjustments to attacking rules. Essentially, we want to broaden the level ranges for players that are between level 20 and 40. We will also be allowing players to attack any player above their level, however, attackers are subject to retaliation. The current rules and proposed adjustments are listed below.

Current Rules
    +/- 5 up to level 40, then uncapped
    35-39 can still attack 5 above
    40-44 can still attack 5 below
    Unlimited attack range (No travel restrictions)

Proposed Rules
    +/- 5 up to level 20
    15-20 can attack 5 above
    +/- 10 from level 20 to level 40
    20-25 can only attack 5 below
    25-30 can only attack down to level 20
    Uncapped from level 40
    30-40 can attack 10 above
    40-50 can attack 10 below
    Unlimited attack range (No travel restrictions)

Unlimited Attack Rule
    • Players can attack any base above their range (e.g., A level 25 player can attack any level 36+ player)
    • Players on the offensive will be open to retaliation from the player that they attack, for each attack they perform. (e.g., The level 25 player hits the level 40 3 times, the level 40 can attack the lower level player 3 times)

We believe that this would give players a larger selection of targets, while still keeping some restraint on higher-level players. Ultimately, we want to make sure that players always have available targets within their level range so that they do not have to go out too far to find a battle.

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO LEAVE IT AS IT IS tell them to grow some and adapt their base instead of crying into their keyboards pfffft hardcore gaming my rear end
    So coining is cheating is it??  REMEMBER I coin so YOU can play for free noob!!!!

EVERY TIME I SEE A PLAYER COMPLAINING IN THE FORUM ABOUT BEING 20 LEVELS LOWER AND BEING ATTACKED I DESTROY 20 LEVEL 50 BASES

• demondawg
    demondawg
    Greenhorn
    Joined Nov 2012 Posts: 4
    This is definitely more along the line of where we should be heading. Regardless of what the higher lvl players think 40 is not high enough to fend off lvl 60's especially if they have raid hulls at least this is a step towards better balance overall.
  • WeThePeople
    WeThePeople
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 1,505
    New lvl setup didn't change much for a new lvl 40 old 29. As 29 could get hit by a 34 all day long. So how many players are lvl 35 and higher in old level setup ?? 2300 2500 area so divide 2500 by 500 sectors and wow there are 5 on average per sector more players then b4 that can hit that poor lvl 29/40 player. That also means there are a average of 5 lvl 35+ players in your no hitting sector u can ask to go kill that lvl whatever that keeps hitting u.

The lvl setup now is more a way to split up the time from 33 to 34 to 35 and show progress of a player. Get over the lvl change and play your game and stop crying about it....
    WeThePeople [FKU]...lvl 82

Coming to sector near U 

• seaslug
    seaslug
    Potential Threat
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 55
    Modify the new proposal so that its 5 + / - up to 40, then 10 + / - up to 50, then unlimited, then I'll vote for it. Lvl 40s are getting hit too much. No self-interest here - I am level 54....
  • WeThePeople
    WeThePeople
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 1,505
    Again for Jacob the lvl change from old to new dont change anything.
    lvl 40 should be able to hold his own some what.

42vs62.jpg
    WeThePeople [FKU]...lvl 82

Coming to sector near U 

• Viper From Fla
    Viper From Fla
    Greenhorn
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 5
    I think, and many in my sector agree, that the adjustment is completely unfair to lower level players (40s). I am currently a 41 and have two players, a 54 and a 56 CONSTANTLY hitting me. How can we compete when players 13-15 levels higher keep hitting our bases? There is no way we can defend against such attacks, and the almost daily attacks keep us from advancing. Not to mention the frustration of taking the time and effort of gathering resources only to have them wiped out by these 50+ players. The +/- 5 was much more fair and players actually had to work for a successful base attack. This new rule is taking the enjoyment out of the game for many players. You need to rethink and listen to the 40s, who are the ones who will be playing the longest in the future.
  • Eldanar
    Eldanar
    Potential Threat
    Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 25
    I love the idea. As a current lvl 45, with this proposed system i can get hit by anyone lvl 35 and higher.

Sounds good to me. Love the adrenaline flow when I get hit.

Even better, the unlimited attack rule.
  • Eldanar
    Eldanar
    Potential Threat
    Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 25
    Click Repair. Upgrade your base, and hit them back.

And yes, i am hit often. But i learn from each attack, and by god FF'ss, HH's and to some extent SC's are not getting in anymore.

I enjoy the challenge and the game.
This discussion has been closed.