Best Way to take out lvl 26 RF base.

Ender-man
Ender-man
Minor Nuisance
Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 191
edited 30 Aug 2012, 5:50PM
I'm looking for the best way to take those down. I have lvl 6 razorbacks,lvl 2 dogs, currently upgrading paladins to lvl 3, and using 22 copter drones ( for fast repairs ).
Better not look at me, or there will be blood.
 _____               ______
l__O__l             l__O__l

"Say Die"
  • Willowisp
    Willowisp
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 1,425
    Razorback's range is not enough to hit turrets that are next to mortar without getting bombarded, but they are a lot faster than hellfire, so you can rely on air units to take out approaching tanks.

By the way, there isn't exactly any "best way" of cracking lv26 bases, just steps/composition to make things easier.

I would suggest that you mix a lot of rifleman into razorbacks platoon, and use the rifleman to do meatshielding + mortar baiting + mine sweeping. (dogs can do minesweep + mortar bait too, but they are not suitable for meatshield)

For air units, I think you should have a couple of thunderbolts/warhawks, because you can use them to snipe down outer edge mortars 20-30 times faster than copter drone of equal space.

Process is:
    Take out neutral/aggresive tank with air, or with razorback+meatshield
    Take out mortars at the edge of bases using air
    Minesweep + Take out Turrets at the edge using razorback (mortar-bait if necessarily)
    Rince and Repeat the above until you take out everything.

Eg platoon configuration:
    12 Razorbacks
    27 Rifleman
  • On Ngo
    On Ngo
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 337
    this belongs in the battleground.

and to answer your question, mortar baiting and patience can take down any base. just make sure your main attack troops outrange the turrets.
    try your lv6 rhinos if you already have them. they might outrange the turrets (lv 8?), and they kill much faster than razors.
    My Ultimate Wish for WC: More strategies and units with different concepts, so people won't win by mortar baiting alone. :cool:
    Update: That's why I'm looking forward to customizable towers and units.
    War Commander: Level: 28 User Id: 2795877 Location: Sector 23 (373, 325)
    Backyard Monsters: Level:47 Inferno: 36 User Id: 8273988:.....I Officially Quit! But started playing again when WM3 came out...
    My User Notes
  • Willowisp
    Willowisp
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 1,425
    On Ngo wrote: »
    this belongs in the battleground.

and to answer your question, mortar baiting and patience can take down any base. just make sure your main attack troops outrange the turrets.
    try your lv6 rhinos if you already have them. they might outrange the turrets (lv 8?), and they kill much faster than razors.

Lv 8 Rhino's range is not enough to outrange lv26 Rogue base turrets.
  • SGT_HAM
    SGT_HAM
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 1,570
    i would rather kill a lvl 30 RF
    the lvl 26 RF is one of the hardest
    Watch War Commander Videos and Subscribe to my channel at my youtube channel
    I'm going to pretend you didn't just admit to breaking both Facebooks and our Terms of Service by making a 2nd account.
    NickName: SGT_HAM
    Level:32 Home Sector: 164 Current Sector: 184
    Events Completed: Rogue Assault(Special Color). Red Faction(HQ Edition).WarHawk(Elite Version).HellFire(Elite Version)
    :D
  • Thomas2230
    Thomas2230
    Greenhorn
    Joined Aug 2015 Posts: 5
    what is a rf base

• BANGBANGGANG
    BANGBANGGANG
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 1,010
    U MEAN LVL 25 RF BASE not lvl 26 lol 
  • mathewsiga
    mathewsiga
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 496

@Thomas2230 said:
    what is a rf base

Why the **** hell you open a 4 year old thread

Some of the useful links

Compressed Magazine or Bandolier ? by MX36 https://www.kixeye.com/forum/discussion/579636/p1
    Special Units Schematics: Favorite Builds by MX36 https://www.kixeye.com/forum/discussion/588379/p1
  • WHITEKNIGHT-01
    WHITEKNIGHT-01
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 881
    RF Rogue Faction base eg red locust,eastern hoard, hellhound etc but we dont have lvl 26 anymore only lvl 5 10 15 20 25 and so onThomas2230 said:
    what is a rf base