Battle Pirates Wiki Needs You!

• Captain_Dread
    Captain_Dread
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 1,085
    n0s_speed wrote: »
    i'm not sure about this......the toolbar on the left has a link to "cheats and codes".

http://i1224.photobucket.com/albums/ee366/n0s_speed/IDONTKNOWABOUTTHIS.gif
    I lol'd when I saw that too.

Its just there by default.
    Captain_Dread
  • generalYAO
    generalYAO
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 176
    Nice wiki swag.please change the pic of dude holding that fake ship,new players will be asking for it.bp is a superb game and that cheesy artwork only hurts the image of the game.All bp artwork needs upgraded,swag is kixeye workn on new artwork where you guys gave us our beloved hulls back? Please forgive me for derailing from topic.Cool wiki though and **** fine work

We need bp wallpapers!
    Sector 60 original
    BP 
    I.D. 200k level 58
    War Commander
    LvL 31 I.D. 100k
  • Ollie99
    Ollie99
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Jan 2012 Posts: 1,175
    I have started a new Battle Pirates Wiki on IGN: http://www.ign.com/wikis/battle-pirates . This wiki is still in the early stages but most of the basic framework is there. I need your help to fill out the wiki with vital information.

Now some of you might be thinking, "isn't there already a BP wiki?" The answer to that is "yes", however the wikis on IGN are much easier to navigate, make it easier to add videos and have better SEO.

Basically, I would like to see the best information in the Player Guides section make it over there. DON'T JUST COPY/PASTE. Make sure your formatting matches what is already there. We want this wiki to look uniform, neat and tidy.

This wiki will be linked to from our forums and potentially above the game!

If you have any questions in regards to adding information there, post them below.

Wow. Big undertaking and I'm sure it will be very helpful. I'd lend a hand but you'd probably end up having to fix whatever I added so I'll leave to those better suited to the task. Good luck all.
    "Whoever said laughter is the best medicine never had gonorrhea."

Mel Brooks

Sectors: Too many to remember off the top of my head.

lvl: 33, I think.
  • vaquero09pr
    vaquero09pr
    Potential Threat
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 25
    Level: 59
    Sector:243, 488, 168, 284(Current)
    Hull Win: Goliath, DNX, MCX, Vindicator, Thresher, Guardian, Battleship, Barracuda, Specter, Mercury, Sea Scorpion A, Hammerhead A and B
  • caribbean girl
    caribbean girl
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 5,964
    not a normal gal...xoxo
  • DAEMONICUS
    DAEMONICUS
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 1,394
    I have started a new Battle Pirates Wiki on IGN: http://www.ign.com/wikis/battle-pirates . This wiki is still in the early stages but most of the basic framework is there. I need your help to fill out the wiki with vital information.

Now some of you might be thinking, "isn't there already a BP wiki?" The answer to that is "yes", however the wikis on IGN are much easier to navigate, make it easier to add videos and have better SEO.

Basically, I would like to see the best information in the Player Guides section make it over there. DON'T JUST COPY/PASTE. Make sure your formatting matches what is already there. We want this wiki to look uniform, neat and tidy.

If you have any questions in regards to adding information there, post them below.

Maybe you should do it yourself Swag, as for one, how are the players supposed to remember what things cost at the low level, and two with Kixeye always changing the stats of the things it kind of makes it difficult to make a site around the game, not to mention stupid people putting up information that is incorrect nine times out of ten.
  • vilehand
    vilehand
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Mar 2012 Posts: 402
    ummm... since when can you put torps on a scorp? lol. going to edit that.
    Underwater weapons are currently just torpedoes. They are projectiles that travel under the water to their targets. All submarines can equip underwater weapons and there are a few small ships and specialty ships, like the Sea Scorpion, that can also equip them.
    don't know where to find that pesky print you were looking for? try this
    BP name- vilehand alliance- PWAU
    sectors visited -336 (born), 351, 19, 202, 4, 135, 363, 235, 232, 283, 421, 383, 134, 207, 410, 498
    owner of too much stuff to care about or to mention here
    coins bought- 0.
  • TheLostGuardian
    TheLostGuardian
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Aug 2011 Posts: 2,584
    well swag be very carful you wouldnt believe ammounts of trolls out there i can check out and give advice how it looks but i dont know how to do tht stuff :P
    Battle pirates-lvl: 84
    Sector:231

War commander-:lvl 39
    sector:165

Call me lost, for that is what i am.
  • Flo
    Flo
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Jun 2011 Posts: 8,586
    I have no clue where to write about Base designing...and for cheats and codes, probably only the easter eggs and game codes will go there...
    Currently playing: Vega Conflict
    Alliance: Galaxy Lords

• Flo
    Flo
    Unicorn Overlord
    I think I did enough for now:
    2zxywiu.png
    (though I will write some guides when I have time)

• Wyvern The PinkiePie
    Wyvern The PinkiePie
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 3,758
    Someone described the Goliath wrong. :D

It said it had 3 specials, when it actually has 2. :lol:
  • Flo
    Flo
    Unicorn Overlord
    Someone described the Goliath wrong. :D

It said it had 3 specials, when it actually has 2. :lol:

Changed that...I wrote parts of this one but someone else did the part with the slots on it

And why didn't you change it yourself?

• Wyvern The PinkiePie
    Wyvern The PinkiePie
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 3,758
    Changed that...I wrote parts of this one but someone else did the part with the slots on it

And why didn't you change it yourself?

I didn't register with IGN.
  • Tom Bullous
    Tom Bullous
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 157
    Untitled.jpg
    the red section with the arrow pointing to it needs editing, draconian armours were available as quota prizes in base all 5 base invaders not just base invaders 3,4 and 5- "Draconian Armor was only obtainable while Base Invaders III to V" -doesn't read correctly or make sense needs to read "draconian armour was only obtainable in base invaders I to V
    georgie porgie swag and KIXEYE nerfed the subs and made them cry when the big ships came out and play georgie porgie relocated away

[QUOTE=frank22;1010345]sea wolfs with shockwaves with turn speed 2 and auto load and long range they wont touch u i do it all the time because you have a fast reload and longer range and there a good trick i use and its always deadly i got 1 fleet of wolfs for cargo ships and my 2nd fleet will be fleet vs fleet it reali aint about what you got on them its about how you use ur ships[/QUOTE]
  • Blazing_Darkness
    Blazing_Darkness
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Nov 2010 Posts: 8,162
    the red section with the arrow pointing to it needs editing, draconian armours were available as quota prizes in base all 5 base invaders not just base invaders 3,4 and 5- "Draconian Armor was only obtainable while Base Invaders III to V" -doesn't read correctly or make sense needs to read "draconian armour was only obtainable in base invaders I to V

In base invader I and II compound armor and compound panels were given out. These did not add any extra armor but decreased the amount of damage set weapons would do to the equipped ships or turrets. They can be placed in the special slot of a ship/turret and not the armor slot. Therefore they are classed as a special and not an armor.
    You'll find the compound armor under draconian specials.

That said, the D1 drac armors that were given out as the first quotas in base invaders III - V were also given out in Revenge raid III.
    TOME Name: Blaze    Favourite Guardians: Osric (Pusher), Malbus (Tank), Talia (Slayer), Erebus (Tactician)
    The Battle Pirate Glossary - Forum Rules - Support form
  • Tom Bullous
    Tom Bullous
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 157
    The M wrote: »
    In base invader I and II compound armor and compound panels were given out. These did not add any extra armor but decreased the amount of damage set weapons would do to the equipped ships or turrets. They can be placed in the special slot of a ship/turret and not the armor slot. Therefore they are classed as a special and not an armor.
    You'll find the compound armor under draconian specials.

That said, the D1 drac armors that were given out as the first quotas in base invaders III - V were also given out in Revenge raid III.
    ok my bad on the armour, but can someone consider re wording the "while" in "Draconian Armor was only obtainable while Base Invaders III to V" to "in"
    georgie porgie swag and KIXEYE nerfed the subs and made them cry when the big ships came out and play georgie porgie relocated away

[QUOTE=frank22;1010345]sea wolfs with shockwaves with turn speed 2 and auto load and long range they wont touch u i do it all the time because you have a fast reload and longer range and there a good trick i use and its always deadly i got 1 fleet of wolfs for cargo ships and my 2nd fleet will be fleet vs fleet it reali aint about what you got on them its about how you use ur ships[/QUOTE]
  • flyinghamster
    flyinghamster
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Jan 2011 Posts: 7,957
    ok my bad on the armour, but can someone consider re wording the "while" in "Draconian Armor was only obtainable while Base Invaders III to V" to "in"

Actually, it probably should be "Draconian Armor was only obtainable during Base Invaders III-V."
  • SEAL TEAM LEADER
    SEAL TEAM LEADER
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Jan 2012 Posts: 1,258
    Man. This New wiki is dull. MIssing a whole lot of pics. Ill try to do some if i can figure out how
    LvL 84 N00B |476
    Doomsdayrebel
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 1,571
    I like IGN, and Jessica Chobot and Naomi, now those girls can make me watch news about any game ;) ahhhhhhh <3
    Death Metal + Pirates = Fix Your Base \m/ \m/
    Event Hulls Won: = Who Cares

Sectors: They still make those???
  • Danduy
    Danduy
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Mar 2012 Posts: 270
    I was willing to contribute some weapons/damage fact like i did before...
    But i hate the pop-up commercial. It gets on my nerves.
    In game: Caveman - current level: 52

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Come get some
  • djwildcard
    djwildcard
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jan 2012 Posts: 31
    so basically you have a silent sponsor from IGN to bring in revenue because people are reducing what they are willing to commit?
  • Lois
    Lois
    Master Tactician
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 2,124
    Do we get free gold for helping? If not, I'm out...
    LadyLois
  • Doomsdayrebel
    Doomsdayrebel
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 1,571
    Lois wrote: »
    Do we get free gold for helping? If not, I'm out...

I wished they would make an event, Battle for the Booty. lol Gold as Quotas would be fun, Treasure Tyrants. :pokey:
    Death Metal + Pirates = Fix Your Base \m/ \m/
    Event Hulls Won: = Who Cares

Sectors: They still make those???
  • Laotze
    Laotze
    Greenhorn
    Joined Feb 2012 Posts: 15
    Why not just install a wiki on Kixeye server? It isn't difficult to set one up. You could even use a small wiki, that doesn't leave a big foot print, like tiddlywiki.

Just a logical thought.
  • Blow-ME-Down
    Blow-ME-Down
    Potential Threat
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 74
    Actually, it probably should be "Draconian Armor was only obtainable during Base Invaders III-V."

the first 3 drak armors were from revenge raid 3 if i remember correctly
    Level 55
    Alliance: FYR
    Game Name: Blow-ME-Down

Home Sector:38 Current Sector: 69
    Sectors Visited:29,48,60,69,89,123,124,157,214,216,218,244,252,254,256,265,280,288,299,324,343,350,368,403,407,408,420,454,485
    Winner of Every Hullo.O ALL BLUEPRINTS COMPLETED:D
  • Backfreeze
    Backfreeze
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 976
    hmm will there be a section for chat things we could put some of those less known comm commands like /tigerBlood
  • Joshua André
    Joshua André
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jul 2011 Posts: 249

What will you do when someone submits a "Cheat & Code" in that section? lol Just wondering, I usually use IGN to get "button" cheats for old games for the PS2, lol.
    Things you need to learn how to use:
    KIXEYE support
    Use it when you have a problem.
    Ultimate Shipyard Use it when you need a ship design.
    Guide for Beginners Use this if you are new.
    Rules to this forum Use this to know what to post.
    Guide to Blueprints Use this to learn about blueprints.
    Fixing your lag Use this to help you fix your lagging problems.
    Future Features Use this to figure out what you can expect to see!
  • KiLLeRnOOb
    KiLLeRnOOb
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Mar 2012 Posts: 311
    Laotze wrote: »
    Why not just install a wiki on Kixeye server? It isn't difficult to set one up. You could even use a small wiki, that doesn't leave a big foot print, like tiddlywiki.

Just a logical thought.

IGN is a big gaming orientated website. Setting a wiki up on IGN is a marketing exercise that will give more exposure to battle pirates (the game) and to a wider audience in the hope of recruiting potencial Battle pirates (gamers).
  • nickv
    nickv
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 268
    KiLLeRnOOb wrote: »
    IGN is a big gaming orientated website. Setting a wiki up on IGN is a marketing exercise that will give more exposure to battle pirates (the game) and to a wider audience in the hope of recruiting potencial Battle pirates (gamers).

not to mention the possible revenue stream from banner ads ... but why tell us the truth .. when the old wikki was just fine. Instead of hey we are trying to get new players and more money to possibly fund our own servers or fix bugs .. ect ect ... we are told hey this is a better place to have the wiki .. will you do the work for us?

Its just my opinion that being honest with your customers brings you loyalty and understanding .. when there are lies or withheld information it breeds distrust and anger. I think they seem to forget a lot of us out here are not all the dumb.
    This is not 'The Communist Nation of Kixeye'. No handouts! Put in your time or put in your cash to get the good stuff.
  • bIg_FoOtY
    bIg_FoOtY
    Potential Threat
    Joined Aug 2011 Posts: 90
    defensive draconian weapons isn't suposed to be hailstorm anti-mortar A B and C?
This discussion has been closed.