Battle Pirates Wiki Needs You!

KIXEYE Swag
KIXEYE Swag
Unicorn Overlord
Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 3,665
edited 8 Feb 2013, 5:30AM
I have started a new Battle Pirates Wiki on IGN: http://www.ign.com/wikis/battle-pirates . This wiki is still in the early stages but most of the basic framework is there. I need your help to fill out the wiki with vital information.

Now some of you might be thinking, "isn't there already a BP wiki?" The answer to that is "yes", however the wikis on IGN are much easier to navigate, make it easier to add videos and have better SEO.

Basically, I would like to see the best information in the Player Guides section make it over there. DON'T JUST COPY/PASTE. Make sure your formatting matches what is already there. We want this wiki to look uniform, neat and tidy.

This wiki will be linked to from our forums and potentially above the game!

If you have any questions in regards to adding information there, post them below.
  • caribbean girl
    caribbean girl
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 5,964
    Will be happy to help.
    Question :
    e.g building upgrades and other technical details how do we add them?
    not a normal gal...xoxo
  • Jw-Drowning
    Jw-Drowning
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 1,535
    on it, thanks swag!
    JW-Drowning Leader of: The Drowning

Raid Ships Won:Hammer Head A,Battle Cruiser,Light Cruiser,Strike Cruiser,Destroyer,Dreadnought, Barracuda, Goliath,Interdictor
    Send In A Ticket
    So, I see that square base, roll up and flatten it. Suddenly there's sector police everywhere, the noob is crying on coms and everyone's looking at me like I'm the bad guy? Shoulda built a better base. I'm also not allowed back in that neighborhood.
  • Captain_Dread
    Captain_Dread
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 1,085
    I prefer the original wiki so I'll be sticking to that one.
    Captain_Dread
  • SkullCrusher_BattlePirates
    SkullCrusher_BattlePirates
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Jan 2012 Posts: 1,356
    Nice Wiki!
    BP Level: 59
    Raid Hulls Owned: MCX, DNX, Strike Cruiser, Thresher, Goliath and a lot of other useless ones.
    Tech Owned: Lots of random stuff and mael V, Siege rocket S and Compund C-X 3 are the notable ones for my threshers.
    Youtube Channel:
    https://www.youtube.com/user/mcconnor8

• KIXEYE Swag
    KIXEYE Swag
    Unicorn Overlord
    shri wrote: »
    Will be happy to help.
    Question :
    e.g building upgrades and other technical details how do we add them?

You can add them underneath the individual entries for each building. If it is just general building information, put it in the parent Buildings section. Thanks for asking.
  • Virella Degos
    Virella Degos
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jan 2012 Posts: 53
    A new wiki sounds nice and i looked at it but can you please remove the **** banners that are on the side. I rather dont want to get a **** virus by clicking on of those links by accident.
  • KIXEYE Swag
    KIXEYE Swag
    Unicorn Overlord
    I prefer the original wiki so I'll be sticking to that one.

Of course you are free to do that. But just an FYI, I will be overseeing the information and making additions myself to the IGN wiki, so it will more up-to-date.
  • KIXEYE Swag
    KIXEYE Swag
    Unicorn Overlord
    A new wiki sounds nice and i looked at it but can you please remove the **** banners that are on the side. I rather dont want to get a **** virus by clicking on of those links by accident.

Those are IGN's banners, I cannot remove them. I'm pretty sure IGN would not link you to something that would give you a virus.
  • Evil Hamster
    Evil Hamster
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Nov 2010 Posts: 1,049
    I'm pretty sure IGN would not link you to something that would give you a virus.

Now there's a vote of confidence :)
    106 (born), 8, 169, 209, 274, 319, 419,  76(current)
  • caribbean girl
    caribbean girl
    Unicorn Overlord
    Just did the naval lab,wanted to put a pic but I see no option,only for vid

You can add them underneath the individual entries for each building. If it is just general building information, put it in the parent Buildings section. Thanks for asking.
    not a normal gal...xoxo
  • Captain_Dread
    Captain_Dread
    Incursion Leader
    Look to the right, there should be a group of images and there is a button that says upload.
    Captain_Dread
  • caribbean girl
    caribbean girl
    Unicorn Overlord
    my table disappeared :crying:
    Look to the right, there should be a group of images and there is a button that says upload.
    not a normal gal...xoxo
  • burninwolf
    burninwolf
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Aug 2011 Posts: 2,652
    I have started a new Battle Pirates Wiki on IGN: http://www.ign.com/wikis/battle-pirates . This wiki is still in the early stages but most of the basic framework is there. I need your help to fill out the wiki with vital information.

Now some of you might be thinking, "isn't there already a BP wiki?" The answer to that is "yes", however the wikis on IGN are much easier to navigate, make it easier to add videos and have better SEO.

Basically, I would like to see the best information in the Player Guides section make it over there. DON'T JUST COPY/PASTE. Make sure your formatting matches what is already there. We want this wiki to look uniform, neat and tidy.

If you have any questions in regards to adding information there, post them below.

Not being funny but should kixeye being do this as it is your job? plus what if players put false information on there to screw people over?
    Trogar said:
    So... Confirmed, a memorial, or generally any large gathering could cause problems, as the available resources on the server are finite.
  • Captain_Dread
    Captain_Dread
    Incursion Leader
    my table disappeared :crying:
    It should be there when in rich text editor mode.
    Captain_Dread
  • caribbean girl
    caribbean girl
    Unicorn Overlord
    was there,I refresh and its gone,,look under naval building you are supposed to see naval lab and the info on upgrades...is it a glitch there too?lol

It should be there when in rich text editor mode.
    not a normal gal...xoxo
  • KIXEYE Swag
    KIXEYE Swag
    Unicorn Overlord
    burninwolf wrote: »
    Not being funny but should kixeye being do this as it is your job? plus what if players put false information on there to screw people over?

I AM doing this; I already made 200 edits and I will continue to oversee this wiki to make sure the information is accurate.
  • caribbean girl
    caribbean girl
    Unicorn Overlord
    my mistake is your correction ;)
    I AM doing this; I already made 200 edits and I will continue to oversee this wiki to make sure the information is accurate.
    not a normal gal...xoxo
  • KIXEYE Swag
    KIXEYE Swag
    Unicorn Overlord
    Zauberin wrote: »

The formatting needs to be altered so that the words don't clip into the sidebar.
  • caribbean girl
    caribbean girl
    Unicorn Overlord
    yep,I see.ty

The formatting needs to be altered so that the words don't clip into the sidebar.
    not a normal gal...xoxo
  • nazykiller
    nazykiller
    Master Tactician
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 2,167
    the crew so active when it comes to advertising !
  • Captain_Dread
    Captain_Dread
    Incursion Leader
    Made stubs of all ship and base specials.
    Captain_Dread
  • SHOGUNNNN
    SHOGUNNNN
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 513

Ok, that's all good & fine, but if you want accurate information, especially on stats, why are the players being asked to add this info. If the accurate info is anywhere it's in Kixeye's possession.

There are countless threads in the forums trying to figure out KixMath, some may work but most have no resolution. Please have someone in Kixeye pass you a file or printout with the relevant data, then we can really know the hit point value on say a lvl 10 Weap Lab for example or some other bldg that people keep guessing on for starters.

• Farley
    Farley
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined May 2011 Posts: 674
    I'm about to play for an hour, so I'll handle the Known and Unresolved Glitches section. You want screenies or vids?
  • Cerebral_Assassin_UCON
    Cerebral_Assassin_UCON
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 30
    Farley wrote: »
    I'm about to play for an hour, so I'll handle the Known and Unresolved Glitches section. You want screenies or vids?

Thanks for offering this information. It could be very valuable.
  • martin71
    martin71
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jan 2012 Posts: 16

thanks farley your information can be very valuable for all of us who suffered the glitches and etc
  • USA
    USA
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 1,182

I couldn't begin to film all the glitches I have going on.............:confused:

• martin71
    martin71
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jan 2012 Posts: 16
    USA wrote: »
    I couldn't begin to film all the glitches I have going on.............:confused:

i would like to do a video too, but kixeye recommended me to close all the programs,all internet windows, all the FB chat and so on to play this game. so i dont know, in fact i close my battle pirate game now in a middle of attack just to write this :P
  • Cerebral_Assassin_UCON
    Cerebral_Assassin_UCON
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 30
    If you will provide vids, we could get screenshots from those.
  • n0s_speed
    n0s_speed
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Jul 2011 Posts: 3,636

i'm not sure about this......the toolbar on the left has a link to "cheats and codes".

IDONTKNOWABOUTTHIS.gif
    In Game Name: n0s_speed
    Alliance: DOA
    Level: 66

• KIXEYE Swag
    KIXEYE Swag
    Unicorn Overlord
    Jay Hicks wrote: »
    Ok, that's all good & fine, but if you want accurate information, especially on stats, why are the players being asked to add this info. If the accurate info is anywhere it's in Kixeye's possession.

There are countless threads in the forums trying to figure out KixMath, some may work but most have no resolution. Please have someone in Kixeye pass you a file or printout with the relevant data, then we can really know the hit point value on say a lvl 10 Weap Lab for example or some other bldg that people keep guessing on for starters.

As I said in the OP, I am looking for people that posted their information in "Player Guides" to move it over. The "Player Guides" section is mostly full of players offering their opinions on how to optimally play the game; it's not just a bunch of charts and graphs. People who don't know as much about the game as you don't want to stare at spreadsheets, they want to get veteran's opinions on how to properly progress.
This discussion has been closed.