Connections During the Event

314159rat
314159rat
Potential Threat
Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 60
edited 28 Jun 2012, 2:31PM
Since we have started the event we are getting reconnects on the order of one a minute.

Is this a back end issue?
  • schmidty59
    schmidty59
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined May 2011 Posts: 139
    Did the event start?

If so, I can't log in!

warcommander.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
  • supernet2
    supernet2
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 124
    Everytime i login after 98% i get stuck apon login, clearing browser, temporary cache, and pc reboot does not work, nor does uninstalling and re-installing adobe flash work either. I'd like to know HOW exactly these fixes do work? When i WAS able to login for the first 15 seconds it took anywhere from 1 minute to 15seconds to attack a enemy PLATOON or MAINBASE/DEPOT. HOW exactly am i to launch a strike if my platoon is wiped out DUE to this bug? What the heck are you people doing updating and breaking more than you fix?!

I also forgot to LIST that its not FAIR that due to this LOVELY DISCONNECTING GARBAGE that i cannot even defend my platoon or move it fast enough. Your UI is so flipping CLUNKY that i now need multiple prompts to pop up during a attack, thus wasting MORE TIME< reducing my RESPONSE TIME to attacks, incoming, and outgoing?! What are you DOING!?
    Want to join the 22BB? Post here --> http://forums.kixeye.com/threads/230671-****-Buckets-Recruitment?highlight=22BB and let me know, if your of course cool with our rules, your more than welcome to join any 22BB sector branch, alongside becoming apart of the 22BB CORE group.
  • Q Rich
    Q Rich
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined May 2010 Posts: 37,470
    can you try again in a few minutes please.
    Please do not contact me directly by Chat or via posts on my profile page. If I cannot deal with it on the forums, it should be taken straight to Support.
  • DeathKillerElite99
    DeathKillerElite99
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 205
    I haveing lot of Connection Errors During the event PLZ HELP
    KIXEYE FOREVER
  • Q Rich
    Q Rich
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined May 2010 Posts: 37,470
    try it again in a few minutes please.
    Please do not contact me directly by Chat or via posts on my profile page. If I cannot deal with it on the forums, it should be taken straight to Support.
  • Ben Walsh
    Ben Walsh
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 3
    IT SAYS THE SYSTEM IS OVERLOADED FIX IT NOW!!!!
    :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying:
  • 314159rat
    314159rat
    Potential Threat
    Things seem to be clearing up, only one disconnect in the last 5 minutes.
  • supernet2
    supernet2
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 124
    can you try again in a few minutes please.

Will do, but what about unit loss due to bugs, or inability to login, because of this system over load, how is KixEye staff going to fix up those losses, for users? Say "oh well"?
    Want to join the 22BB? Post here --> http://forums.kixeye.com/threads/230671-****-Buckets-Recruitment?highlight=22BB and let me know, if your of course cool with our rules, your more than welcome to join any 22BB sector branch, alongside becoming apart of the 22BB CORE group.
  • Anthony Wolf De Loof
    Anthony Wolf De Loof
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 6
    system overloaded, wyyyy? like supernet 2 says i hope they compensate the losses
  • Nguyen Hoanganh
    Nguyen Hoanganh
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 1
    Im getting very crazy about his issue !!!! it has been wasting me a lot time so plz plz plz plz fix this as soon **** possible !!
  • Ian Rule
    Ian Rule
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 3
    Every time I connect, as soon as I get on I get a 'lost connection' message and have to reconnect! I can't even get started with this event!! please fix your systems!
  • Slayer_666
    Slayer_666
    Greenhorn
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 16
    I have tried 25 times in row to connect. It refuses to allow me to do so - and I still have no attck log or fb creits in Firefox.
  • Bo WC
    Bo WC
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 130
    Try again in a few minutes is not the best advise. Because people will then keep trying (in vain) for hours, thereby contributing to the prolonging of the overload. The best thing to say is: y'all come back tomorrow, when we'll have ten times the amount of servers running and don't worry about missing out because the event lasts for four days...:lol:
  • Will43
    Will43
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 220
    system overload like last event.
  • Derek VanRoy
    Derek VanRoy
    Potential Threat
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 40

If we are not allowed to bot the game... Why are you allowed to bot your answers? Did Kixeye not learn ANYTHING from warhawk? Seriously...
  • 314159rat
    314159rat
    Potential Threat
    If we are not allowed to bot the game... Why are you allowed to bot your answers? Did Kixeye not learn ANYTHING from warhawk? Seriously...

I would guess we are growing the pop of the game faster than they can get bandwidth and servers up. It will die off as people go into repair mode. Just take a DEEP breath...
  • MHerzberg
    MHerzberg
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 1
    I was on and enjoying the new event - then booted. Now I cannot enter at all. The "entry" page says I must have FLASH version 10 or higher - I Have Version 11!!! Help!
  • Derek VanRoy
    Derek VanRoy
    Potential Threat
    314159rat wrote: »
    I would guess we are growing the pop of the game faster than they can get bandwidth and servers up. It will die off as people go into repair mode. Just take a DEEP breath...

This comes down to a dollars and sense game... They played that game their way. They saved their dollars, thinking we have no sense... They knew this was coming... Only difference between now and Warhawk is... they cant blame Facebook changed how their API calls are handled... So whats the excuse this time? I mean come on. Even my 6 year old tries to use "the dog ate it"...
  • Bo WC
    Bo WC
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 130
    In the US, now it's daytime. In Europe it's evening. In Asia it's nighttime. My advise: wait until most of your countrymen are asleep or do other truly meaningful and enjoyable things.
  • Nitehawk
    Nitehawk
    Greenhorn
    Joined May 2011 Posts: 20
    I was logged in and going at the raid till i got the error msg everyone seems to be getting. Don't give me the line of try this that or the other i have as have others been given this same exercise in futility by Kixeye. Step up and look into the issues that have been presented to your tech department. I have no issues with playing any other games that are much more memory (both RAM and Video) oriented as well as internet speed hogs (ie. World of Tanks, DDO, Dead Island and many other 3d games). So why try telling me or others that play your games that our internet connection speed is the problem or our configuration setup is the issue. Instead of trying to make us inferior or our systems look closer to home some of us aren't as stupid as your tech department likes to think.
  • Kenny Graham
    Kenny Graham
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 14

Constantly refreshing will only make the problem worse.
    Maybe KIXEYE should upgrade the servers? =/
  • Alvin Lim Kian Huat
    Alvin Lim Kian Huat
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 17
    I am in Singapore ( Souutheast Asia ) and I am facing this 'System Overload' Error
    My fellow countryman should be sleeping now as it is 0117hrs
  • Derek VanRoy
    Derek VanRoy
    Potential Threat
    Constantly refreshing will only make the problem worse.
    Maybe KIXEYE should upgrade the servers? =/

They needed to throw out an answer. Sadly that is one of the worst anybody could have used. Oh well, everybody start refreshing! That will HELP... Does anybody at Kixeye have any type of experience with network systems architecture, performance, or even best practice?
  • 314159rat
    314159rat
    Potential Threat
    They needed to throw out an answer. Sadly that is one of the worst anybody could have used. Oh well, everybody start refreshing! That will HELP... Does anybody at Kixeye have any type of experience with network systems architecture, performance, or even best practice?

Hey, I used to work at HotMail with over 120,000,000 users and 7,000 servers (and that was only the FRONT end) and we got the same questions. It all comes down to planning for AVERAGE load. You cannot buy servers for ever surge, it just does not make sense. If I were Kixeye what I would have done was stagger the event, Sectors A-B on 4 days, then C-D, then E-F, etc to spread the load, but that is just me.
  • Kenny Graham
    Kenny Graham
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 14
    314159rat wrote: »
    Hey, I used to work at HotMail with over 120,000,000 users and 7,000 servers (and that was only the FRONT end) and we got the same questions. It all comes down to planning for AVERAGE load. You cannot buy servers for ever surge, it just does not make sense. If I were Kixeye what I would have done was stagger the event, Sectors A-B on 4 days, then C-D, then E-F, etc to spread the load, but that is just me.

A good SysAdmin should be prepared for a Ddos though :P am I wrong?
  • Roger Brown
    Roger Brown
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 11
    Cant log in at all since the event started!! pretty piss poor service
  • VITRIOL
    VITRIOL
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 4
    my first days here... my first event... and than : NOTHING!!! cause i cant do anything! SYSTEM OVERLOAD! is that what i got to wait for, if an event is starting?! :(:crying:
  • Pyroc
    Pyroc
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 16
    Been getting system overload for 2 hours now. So looks like I may end up as one of the few players in my sector without the event reward :( Cleared cache, dns cache, different browsers, different ISP's ....
  • Pyroc
    Pyroc
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 16
    P.S. Kixeye can't even spell overloaded ... http://wc-fb4.cdn.kixeye.com/wcfb1/game/assets/images/overload.png