WC update preview - Advanced Platoons and Persistent Infantry

• Jeffrey Vachon
    Jeffrey Vachon
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 111
    Like all updates some good some bad and if we don't like it we can always pound sand. Or I can choose not to play for four five months like I did last time I totally hated an update that completely suckified the game experience for me.
  • nikalli
    nikalli
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 10
    1. This repair each platoon at a time thing is dumb, there should be a repair all button.

2. You know the long upgrade times and single dozer make people log in LESS. Say I put an upgrade that takes 2 days. I won't log in for 2 days because there is nothing else to that interests me as a lower level player, there are no deposits for me to take and I can only battle the AI so many times without new units to make new strategy. It also makes no sense collecting more resources if I am max capacity but can't spend them on anything good because my one dozer is being used and I am not going to spend a ton of currency on jackrabits or drones just because...

If you let people build second bases like many other games, that would help very much at keeping people online since they could then have their 2 Dozers... Just in different bases... Just saying...

This would allow people to manage their time so there are more new things going on. ie One long upgrade in one base and shorter ones in the other. Or at least stagger the upgrades so something new is happening.

I appreciate your position being a lower level player. But I am lvl 31 and still have the same issue. A lvl 8 MEGA upgrade takes 10 days. All my buildings apart from mines and pumps are fully upgraded.
    My storage tanks are always full. I just pray for someone to attack one of my depos so i can go and kick his rear end. There must be alliances and wars not dozers. Hell I had to wait months to get here. BE PATIENT or pay.
  • Y I Man
    Y I Man
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 164
    If you actually read, he has already answered this question way back on page 5

"One PLATOON at a time, not a single unit, that would be silly. We will look into a way to queue up platoons for repairs after we get this update out."

So we have a day playing the game, then the 2nd day is spent clicking a button every 2 hours for repairs, then we can play the game again on the 3rd day.
    Excellent work kixeye, im impressed. You really thought this through.
  • Locke77
    Locke77
    Greenhorn
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 3
    The four main changes:
    1. You can repair platoons in deposits without having to return them to your base.
    2. Platoon squads are now optional. By default there is a single squad that can hold all of your units but you can create up to four
    3. You can name your Platoon whatever you like. Only you see your platoon names (other players see your base name), so go to town.
    4. When a Platoon returns to base, its grouping is not lost. You don't have to go through the process of creating it again. This is the same for when a platoon is left guarding a deposit
    The process for making a platoon has moved from the map to inside your base. You can create as many platoons as you like and get them all setup before deploying them on the world map. Once a platoon is made you can use it over and over again and only have to edit it when you want to change the units it holds. You can launch a platoon from inside your base or from the world map.

In addition to the platoon changes we've tweaked a few other things:
    1. Infantry units now persist! If they are killed in battle they can be repaired from 100% damage (just like vehicles). The cost of repairing a fully damaged infantry unit is less than it did cost to make it, and yes, we will be doing this for Aircraft soon!
    2. Your airfield now has a little more space at higher levels and its capacity is linked to its level; +100 at max level.
    3. The deployment cap has increased, you can now have slightly more units in battle at any one time; +200 at max level.
    4. Platoons hold slightly less units, however the cap is on the entire platoon, not a single squad, so you can use the space more efficiently; -540 at max level.
    5. The deployment cap is now linked to your storage building level, not your Command Center level.
    6. Platoons move quicker on the map than ever before! Units have a +10% to +35% move speed increase when in platoons. The attack dog and rocket buggy are still the fastest units.
    7. You can leave more units guarding a deposit.
    We’ve also cleaned up the UI and a few processes; little things like making it possible for you to select all the units you want to scrap and then pressing “Scrap” instead of having to confirm every single one.
    You will see that you can only repair a single platoon at a time and can not queue up all units in your base/storage to repair. We made this decision to simplify the UI. As you can now repair platoons on deposits it should even out in terms of time spent, for most it will be a time-saver compared to the old system.

The four main changes are good.

BUT..
    Repairing of only 1 platoon at a time is more of a downgrade than an upgrade..
    All units becoming essentially immortal is not a big deal. However, regardless of their kind they should cost the same as making a new one, if fully destroyed.
    Speed was perfect as it was, didn't need to change that.

PS. Fix the AI. 70% of my losses is always because my units keep wanting to fire at unimportant buildings while they are being shot at. Ditching the last chance troops wouldn't be bad either.
  • Michael Hollands
    Michael Hollands
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 6
    They have Armoured Anti-Aircraft Vehicles - they are called Gatling Trucks. Played the game recently lol

please do not be a smart ****, Gatling Guns are not available to every body, only people that played in the game during the last contest when they were awarded to people that scored enough points it is the same now as not EVERY player is entitled to the ELITE WARHAWKES, the had to compete in the last comp and perform well enough to earn them. There is no need for the sarcasm here.
  • Jeffrey Vachon
    Jeffrey Vachon
    Minor Nuisance
    Yeah those we're the days back when KIXEYE was about brilliant game design and gameplay rather than twisting the players arm with the waiting game in order to squeeze a couple extra bucks out of the game.

One day months ago in the KIXEYE board room Manager says "well how about we get rid of the Tech and Medic units and replace them with a menu so we can add an instant repair button just like we do with the buildings? Can you say CHACHICG CHACHING CHACHING$$$$$$ WHOOO HOOO guess who's getting a huge bonus this year boys and girls!"
  • Michael Hollands
    Michael Hollands
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 6
    After reading many many replies to this update i have come to the conclusion that it is just a money making idea to make you buy credits on your account to repair your platoons as you need them, I can tell you now that if it removes the fun to me personally playing the game it will go in the same box as all the others THE BIN and REMOVED, I do not understand why you would remove the repair all option otherwise, If dev's can correct me and justify their reasoning for it then i will listen...........
  • Martin Scully
    Martin Scully
    Greenhorn
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 23
    TEZMAN wrote: »
    I realy hope we dont have to keep a constant check on repairs ... a lot of us work and we will get home to only half or less of our troops ready ... this would be very bad :( the system you have is good .... you can battle hard and just wait for them to get home and start repairs .. knowing when you get home or wake up you are good to go ..... if we are loosing logged on play time to reparing units will be dissapointing .............. love this game ... keep up the good work :)

i agree with this, its not fair to expect us to repair each unit manually?! some of us just dont have the time to do that? i normally have my battles then goto bed knowing that all my returned units will be repaired and ready to fight once i have got back home from work.

i wont have the time to play it if i have to repair everything separately and manually. the current system works, even tho i do have an issue with how long it takes to repair units, at least you know it will keep automatically repairing returned units!

please dont change the repair system.. it works the way it is! :crying:
  • steve banfield
    steve banfield
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 16
    Looking forward to the update, APART from only repairing one platoon at a time and not being able to queue. Please be swift with the queue update after this one. :-)
  • Sueki Ordaya
    Sueki Ordaya
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Aug 2011 Posts: 1,350
    i agree with this, its not fair to expect us to repair each unit manually?! some of us just dont have the time to do that? i normally have my battles then goto bed knowing that all my returned units will be repaired and ready to fight once i have got back home from work.

i wont have the time to play it if i have to repair everything separately and manually. the current system works, even tho i do have an issue with how long it takes to repair units, at least you know it will keep automatically repairing returned units!

please dont change the repair system.. it works the way it is! :crying:

I think most are not really reading through this thread because David said this way back on page 5:
    One PLATOON at a time, not a single unit, that would be silly. We will look into a way to queue up platoons for repairs after we get this update out.
    WC ID: 126046
    Nickname: Sueki
    Level: 32
    Home Sector: 33
    My FB page
  • armadillo
    armadillo
    Greenhorn
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 24
    Hi this is awesome but i have some queston i really want to get ansered on.
    1st. are there gonna be any live battles against eachother?
    2nd. and are you going to remove Ghost platoons?
    3rd. will there be any kind of clan wars?

awesome game keep up the good things its only acouple of question i like to get answered on thanks :)
  • Sueki Ordaya
    Sueki Ordaya
    Incursion Leader
    armadillo wrote: »
    Hi this is awesome but i have some queston i really want to get ansered on.
    1st. are there gonna be any live battles against eachother?
    2nd. and are you going to remove Ghost platoons?
    3rd. will there be any kind of clan wars?

awesome game keep up the good things its only acouple of question i like to get answered on thanks :)

Check out this sticky to get an idea of what is coming for the game: http://forums.kixeye.com/threads/115277-The-future-for-War-Commander

And they are working on Synchronous Play right now :)

I don't know about those ghost platoons though...
    My FB page
  • RealNightFury
    RealNightFury
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Feb 2012 Posts: 1,663
    Lots of whining!!! Mega tank spammers ..we know u people are whining becuz u dont have strategy and will make the game hard for u to repair! But, Kixeye told us they will do something for the spammers! So they did this! Now it will be more fun Muahahah :lol:
    War Commander:  34 ID: 741119 :D
    TOME Immortal Arena : Level?:1 ID: 4057 (Region support needed :D )
    Retired from all the other games of Kixeye.To report a Player or report a Bug/Glitch : Kixeye Support
  • RealNightFury
    RealNightFury
    Looking forward to the update, APART from only repairing one platoon at a time and not being able to queue. Please be swift with the queue update after this one. :-)

think again! Did u ever got owned by mega tank spammers? or ur urself a mega tank spammer? i was sad about this too! but after thinking what will happen to the spmmers! i m just too happy!
    Retired from all the other games of Kixeye.To report a Player or report a Bug/Glitch : Kixeye Support
  • Tug123
    Tug123
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 602
    So I started at page one, thought this was good, got to about page 8 and found I'm not thrilled with the single platoon option, am now at the end and have realized one thing..... I need to make more units. I am by no means a tank spammer but do run into issues as I continue to learn and lose or damage a bit of my platoon in a given battle. I'm not thrilled with the idea of having to repair platoons individually but if I have 3 platoons set up the same way (as I normally just attack with 3 different versions of a platoon at a given time anyway) I should be able to do a rotation and constantly at least have set of platoons at the ready. Hopefully the queu update will come fairly soon. Also am I the only one that finds it odd that yet again we are starting an update before the weekend when theoretically the servers should see the heaviest loads?
    Looks like a sword to me, you have a filthy mind.
  • Sueki Ordaya
    Sueki Ordaya
    Incursion Leader
    Lots of whining!!! Mega tank spammers ..we know u people are whining becuz u dont have strategy and will make the game hard for u to repair! But, Kixeye told us they will do something for the spammers! So they did this! Now it will be more fun Muahahah :lol:

How units repair affects EVERYONE though (not just spammers) lol And they are all very concerned as to how their units repair because they are afraid they might have to log on all the time in order to perform repairs. Again, that affects everyone across the board, regardless if they are "strategically" destroying their troops or not :lol:
    My FB page
  • RealNightFury
    RealNightFury
    How units repair affects EVERYONE though (not just spammers) lol And they are all very concerned as to how their units repair because they are afraid they might have to log on all the time in order to perform repairs. Again, that affects everyone across the board, regardless if they are "strategically" destroying their troops or not :lol:

u have 3 platoon attack a base....u lose 3 challenger in each platoon...hmm now u should give one platoon repair and go to sleep? opps! nope wrong move! U should make a platoon of those 9 injured challenger and give repair :) . Well..let the update come and we will see how will it effects me....Lol u cant strategically destroy ur troops :p Strategy means Strategy
  • Sueki Ordaya
    Sueki Ordaya
    Incursion Leader
    u have 3 platoon attack a base....u lose 3 challenger in each platoon...hmm now u should give one platoon repair and go to sleep? opps! nope wrong move! U should make a platoon of those 9 injured challenger and give repair :) . Well..let the update come and we will see how will it effects me....Lol u cant strategically destroy ur troops :p Strategy means Strategy

I never complain about anything usually until I ACTUALLY have the thing in my hands to complain about :lol:

But, again this does not only affect those who "spam" (not in the least). People attack multiple targets with singular platoons too. Meaning several platoons would always be down for repair. And I think they are going to change that anyway so I am not even worried about "having to log on to the game all the time to have to perform repairs."

And yes, you can destroy your troops using strategic play OR destroy them by spamming. The end result is always destroyed troops though lol
    One PLATOON at a time, not a single unit, that would be silly. We will look into a way to queue up platoons for repairs after we get this update out.
    My FB page
  • Buff
    Buff
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 1
    Ok, moaning minnies! I`m not exceptionally careful attacking rogue bases, but I can collect 10 million oil and iron each a day using no more than 2 platoons, and when I need to collect 20 million each day I don`t expect to use more than 4 platoons max. If I was really careful I could use less, but as I can deploy at least 8, and never have to...

Try turning RUBI off, defeating a bases turrets and mortars before mopping up the resources is actually pretty easy with level 6 pallys and challengers and aircraft. I`ve built megas and don`t even use them!
  • Jim Abbott
    Jim Abbott
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 3
    Wow, the changes sound awesome. I LOVE this game!!!
  • WarTherapist
    WarTherapist
    Potential Threat
    Joined Mar 2012 Posts: 37
    +1 to a BASIC android & smartphone app that allows you to do basic functions like repair buildings and repair platoons, a recall all platoons option, and a repair depots option, and shows your attack log. You don't even need to include any actual game play to reduce graphics. You know us WORKING players would spend a few bucks for that app dave! Your completely missing out a much bigger audience that actually makes money, and instead catering to those individuals who have a lot of freetime and inherited money (disabled or retired population). Just drives me nuts how you guys don't see this as a win-win for KIXEYE and ALL your fans including the dedicated ones and the new alike.
    WC LEVEL 30 Sector 157, member of the Total Anarchy Alliance.
  • iwrk4dedpr
    iwrk4dedpr
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Aug 2011 Posts: 887
    1. This repair each platoon at a time thing is dumb, there should be a repair all button.

Repair all .. how else can they encourage you to spend money!
  • Brent Behoriam
    Brent Behoriam
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 12
    nikalli wrote: »
    I appreciate your position being a lower level player. But I am lvl 31 and still have the same issue. A lvl 8 MEGA upgrade takes 10 days. All my buildings apart from mines and pumps are fully upgraded.
    My storage tanks are always full. I just pray for someone to attack one of my depos so i can go and kick his rear end. There must be alliances and wars not dozers. Hell I had to wait months to get here. BE PATIENT or pay.

That's my point... there should be something for you to do... I understand the one dozer issue and think its probably the easiest solution to keep gameplay as it is. So I do not think there should be a second dozer. But they need to give something for people to do if they want people to spend more time in the game. On the weekends if I have nothing going on, I could play Starcraft of C&C all freaking day and this game as well but its impossible with War Commander because there simply isn't anything to do when you have long builds and upgrades happening.

A second base would help this, and would definitely add new strategy to the game. But many other things could be done to help with it. Does Kixeye really prefer me to log in for 5 minutes today just to click a few times and then log out until 24 or more hours have passed? That doesn't seem good for the player or for Kixeye. Good for both would be adding things for people to do so that the player can play as much time as they want to put into it so that they are in the game longer.

If there was to be a second base, make it once you unlock level 5 CC and unlock a tech for it and pay a good amount in resources, you unlock a second command center and then can start a second base. Then while you are waiting for your 10 day upgrade, you can start with 1hr build here, 1 hour build there etc.
  • Cain Perryman
    Cain Perryman
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 14
    This is a great idea, but also have a free version with advertisements. You prob make more money on the free version anyways
  • WarTherapist
    WarTherapist
    Potential Threat
    Joined Mar 2012 Posts: 37
    So, if platoons can repair at depots, does this mean we can have multiple platoons repairing simultaneously with some at base and some at the deposit? Would finally give meaning to holding multiple depots ;)
    WC LEVEL 30 Sector 157, member of the Total Anarchy Alliance.
  • Y I Man
    Y I Man
    Minor Nuisance
    So, if platoons can repair at depots, does this mean we can have multiple platoons repairing simultaneously with some at base and some at the deposit? Would finally give meaning to holding multiple depots ;)
    You can only repair one platoon at a time, and have to repair each one manually once one has finished. Goodbye overnight repairs!
  • Jeffrey Vachon
    Jeffrey Vachon
    Minor Nuisance
    TEZMAN wrote: »
    I realy hope we dont have to keep a constant check on repairs ... a lot of us work and we will get home to only half or less of our troops ready ... this would be very bad :( the system you have is good .... you can battle hard and just wait for them to get home and start repairs .. knowing when you get home or wake up you are good to go ..... if we are loosing logged on play time to reparing units will be dissapointing .............. love this game ... keep up the good work :)

I'm guessing the system they currently have in place isn't yielding enough cash for the shareholders liking, you can bet your bottom dollar that this update is going to be squarely aimed at your credit card rather than enhancing gameplay as they enjoy claiming. I'm pretty sure this new update will be inspiring me turn on the PS3 again for getting my game on.
  • Tom Borland
    Tom Borland
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined May 2011 Posts: 6,413
    I'm guessing the system they currently have in place isn't yielding enough cash for the shareholders liking, you can bet your bottom dollar that this update is going to be squarely aimed at your credit card rather than enhancing gameplay as they enjoy claiming. I'm pretty sure this new update will be inspiring me turn on the PS3 again for getting my game on.

Given that Kixeye is predicted to make a profit of 7/9 figures this year. An update to try and force money from players doesn't make much sense
    GNU Terry Pratchett

• Y I Man
    Y I Man
    Minor Nuisance
    Given that Kixeye is predicted to make a profit of 7/9 figures this year. An update to try and force money from players doesn't make much sense
    If that is the case, then it is an oversight that overnight repairs can not be done with this update?
    How can this be an oversight? They are not that stupid.
  • Tom Borland
    Tom Borland
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined May 2011 Posts: 6,413
    Could simply have not been thought of as important, but it can still be hotfixed if Kixeye choose
    GNU Terry Pratchett

This discussion has been closed.