WC update preview - Advanced Platoons and Persistent Infantry

• nikalli
    nikalli
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 10
    For the love of God quit the 2nd dozer crap - There is no second dozer, there will never be a second dozer, so quit asking. I swear, Dave should start every post with "There will be no 2nd Dozer so don't ask" LOL

Can we have a third then please????? :) Just joking

It would be nice to maintain repair queues for platoons inside the base as it was available for single units before.

The old silly argument comes back again........
    As for auto upgrade queues hell why don't we get rubi to play the game for us and never login as well.....
    Let us have auto attacks as well. Or have a function "auto win this battle for me please".
    Then you developer guys should consider the auto programmer as well.........auto designer maybe.......auto life perharps.....
  • Zardoz Cys
    Zardoz Cys
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 34
    For this auto upgrade bisiness, how about a mobile app which you can just check in on your phone and it shows what resources you have currently. You can click the collect all, then it shows what upgrades you could afford and how long they take, then select one and yer done. Do it on the train and when your home ready to attack!
  • majorsharpe
    majorsharpe
    Greenhorn
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 5
    David Scott, In BP you have sectors we can go into. In WC there aren't any. For instance. In BP I am in sector 169 I have the option to go into 168,or 170. Could you do something like that here? Also have the oil & metal set up the same as BP that will be much better. I believe.
  • Magidex
    Magidex
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 235
    Ugh. There's no way you can justify taking away "repair all" when you add "Oh, by the way your infantry is now IMMORTAL".
    AND FIX THE AI. Tired of watching my **** hit ANOTHER building while they get fired at.

HOWEVER. Yes, NOT having to recreate platoons over and over will be sick as hell. And for that, I thank you. Also, tying capacity to airfield/staging level is a MUCH better idea. Overall, love everything except losing the repair all button.
  • Billy Gaddy
    Billy Gaddy
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 2
    TEZMAN wrote: »
    I realy hope we dont have to keep a constant check on repairs ... a lot of us work and we will get home to only half or less of our troops ready ... this would be very bad :( the system you have is good .... you can battle hard and just wait for them to get home and start repairs .. knowing when you get home or wake up you are good to go ..... if we are loosing logged on play time to reparing units will be dissapointing .............. love this game ... keep up the good work :)

is there no way you can change your mind on this? your money comes from the people that work, i don't work but, it will drive the people away that does since they can only repair one platoon every 8hrs since they have to work, sleep and might even have too much family time to even bother after this. just saying they should all repair since they already take days to repairs this will exstend the time on people that have to work even if they never do pay&play. spelling suck so what?
  • Billy Gaddy
    Billy Gaddy
    Greenhorn
    does this mean our deployment cap will lower depending on staging area lv?
  • nemesis b4
    nemesis b4
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 4
    How about a tech just for planes that would be great :)
  • Cain-125
    Cain-125
    Potential Threat
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 83
    Will the infantry in the bunkers automatically become platoons for the Depot or like it is now you have to deploy them from the bunkers before you can turn them into a platoon? Also would it be best to recall everything just before the update so they don't get lost?
    VEGA Conflict IGN: Cain | Level: 31 | User ID: 13825 | Sector: 100 | Planet: 125
    War Commander IGN: Cain | Level: 32 | User ID: 3689811 | Sector 129
    Ubuntu 13.04 | Google Chrome

• Oregrown008
    Oregrown008
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 661
    firswt ill start with i love this game...**** ill tell u guys that you have just caused a major buzz with this and it is not the kind i think you were intending..the idea of updates is to make the game better not worse..there are talks that this is ploy to create more revenue by forcin people to pay for repairs instead of havin to log in 8 times a day for repairs,,,,i hope that you guys can see that the games for us players(the consumers) not some programmers with a bright idea. we are the game thus our imput should come first,,,please in the future listen to your fans before deciding major changes that will in turn loose players...thanks
    this sucks
  • MANX-11
    MANX-11
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 390
    thank god for the repair infantry, was a nightmare having to remember how much of what i had this will be alot easyer, and now im getting to the slower tanks faster platoons :D

nice update!
  • TheTrueForce
    TheTrueForce
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Apr 2011 Posts: 4,899
    Will you ever make platoon formations? so instead of having it in the diamond shape all the time, we can get a triangle, or any other shape? maybe you could make it so we design our shape?
    Kixeye
    MY ID (on War Commander): 275 | level 36
    MY ID (on Battle Pirates): 363446 | level 30
    MY ID (on Backyard Monsters): 5250499 | level 47
    Sectors traveled in WC: 39-179-144-254-143-409-2-179-58-100-157
    MY PC SPEED <--- Download 104.39 <--- Upload 41.60 <--- Ping 7
  • DoctorD
    DoctorD
    Greenhorn
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 1
    I agree with Joshua...this is a terrible mistake. There is no reason we should have to instruct the repair facility on a unit-by-unit basis.
  • David Scott
    David Scott
    Co-Founder KIXEYE and all round good guy!
    Joined May 2010 Posts: 3,647
    It's an entire platoon at a time, not unit-by-unit.
    Follow: TheCritters | Subscribe: Facebook 
    What would Gabe do?
  • Rui Liao
    Rui Liao
    Greenhorn
    Joined Mar 2012 Posts: 1
    One PLATOON at a time, not a single unit, that would be silly. We will look into a way to queue up platoons for repairs after we get this update out.

That's better news. Imagine full-time workers and our real lives the other way. I wouldn't like to not be able to enjoy my real life too. :)
    This update might make it a bit fairer for those with Megas only repairing one percent and re-launching attacks straight away, increasing spam and less strategy.
    I'd like to take the chance to say I really enjoyed the idea refereed a few posts back about an application allowing us to do some actions through our phones since the game isn't playable even with flash, on my android at least. Even if that's not the right place to give ideas. I'm pretty sure it will get there anyway. :)
    Going back on the main topic, I really look forward for this update, I think it will make the game more dynamic and increase our entertainment, cheers for the development team.
    Thanks for your attention, David and remaining users.
    Best regards,
    Rui Liao
  • DreadStorm
    DreadStorm
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Aug 2011 Posts: 355
    I still miss the Medic and Tech units. heh
    Never argue with an idiot. They'll only drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.

VEGA Conflict: 6486271 (quit due to the idiocy of that Unity changeover's UI revamp)
    War Commander 2615750 (Level 44)
  • mike_c_24
    mike_c_24
    Potential Threat
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 42
    I think there should not be a time limit on attacking someones base or a deposit your going to keep attacking any way so it should be taking off.
  • -SmashN-
    -SmashN-
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 617
    Magidex wrote: »
    Ugh. There's no way you can justify taking away "repair all" when you add "Oh, by the way your infantry is now IMMORTAL".
    I believe he said RUBI auto replaces what was in your saved platoons - not sure if Infantry killed on your base are immortal. This is a persistent platoon section.

• Arrrgonaut
    Arrrgonaut
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 4
    How about being able to repair planes and copters...they take a long time to build just to loose them possibly .
  • -SmashN-
    -SmashN-
    Strike-force Captain
    Arrrgonaut wrote: »
    How about being able to repair planes and copters...they take a long time to build just to loose them possibly .

It's in progress

• Master Strategist
    Master Strategist
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 201
    Dear Mr. David Scott,

I'm new member on WC forum, and I'm also someone who played too many strategy war games.

I have some questions and perhaps a few suggestions for future updates and things to come. Although its 100% not logical to revive dead infantry, I love this new update, it will be great to repair my Hercules and not to lose them for ever any more :D Will it be possible to use a suicide bomber over and over again, since the infantry will be persistent? And does this mean our dogs will be able to dig mines and then do it again when we resurrect them? What will determine repair speed of troops in deposits? If we have 3 dead platoons in base, can we set all units for a scheduled repair by disassembling those 3 platoons and returning all "dead" units to staging area unit pool?

As for suggestions: persistent air units would be great :D and it would be logical to add it in this update as well! It would be awesome if you made possible that our air units can enter battlefield from any side we want them to, because it's kinda stupid that land vehicles can go around on the world map and enter from any side, while helicopters which are much faster and not land-bound cannot do this.

Here goes the one thing that would make this game as twice as awesome then it already is: Spy unit :) Spies could be used to monitor activities at enemy bases and would be invisible to all but its owner. During attacks, spies could infiltrate enemy Tech Center and steal plans for advanced units, such as gatling trucks, laser tanks, warhawk, etc. This would be a real challenge for new players, and they would have something to fight for, and earn those elite units the hard way and have the sweet taste in their mouth when they succeed! It should take more then one attack to gain these plans, of course. Finally, if a spy was able to get close to an enemy vehicle, he could capture it and bring it back to base where R&D team in Tech Center would use it to gain data to unlock that vehicle, or simply use it as your own vehicle, with level 1 stats until its unlocked and upgraded. It would be a real fun for a new player to steal a few challengers or even a mega tank from rogue bases!

If you like these ideas, please leave a comment, thanks! And btw, I have many more ideas from many games I played ;-)
  • Otheym
    Otheym
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 1,406
    One PLATOON at a time, not a single unit, that would be silly. We will look into a way to queue up platoons for repairs after we get this update out.

Please do. You know folks get into battles and will easily have multiple platoons damaged. So it is 1am and I just finished some big battling and have 3 heavily damaged platoons. I can only have one repair and in the morning need to start another one on reapir but have to go to work and come home to one platoon still damaged despite the fact that the total repairs would have happened overnight under the old way?
    The following seems to be a LIE
     We've had it with bugs, and we are committed to improving your game-play experience over anything else.

• John Lawlor
    John Lawlor
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 283
    I like the update, more like bp fleets, but I think the infantry should die when they die, and air units should be repairable, but that's just me, it makes more sense that way to me. But great update and thanks!
    John_Lawlor-Battle pirates User ID: 1924775
    bat·tle--Noun: A conflict between forces. Verb: Fight or struggle tenaciously to achieve or resist something. pi·rate/ˈpīrət/
    Noun: A person who attacks and robs ships at sea. Verb: Rob or plunder (a ship).
    Do you love God, accept Jesus as your Lord and Savior? If you do, put this in your sig.
    Jesus will return here and save those who have faith in Him. I believe in His second coming.
    I am telling this to spread the word.
  • Nicole Conte
    Nicole Conte
    Greenhorn
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 3
    Will you be able to move all platoons at the same time with this update? As moving each platoon 100 spaces out, just to mark their end point, return to base, move the next troop to that 100 spaces...so on and so forth, is very annoying. Otherwise I don't understand the concept of this update other than to "try" to get us to spend more money on repairs. Adding infantry to the repair list, then removing the repair all button, means that's much more time doing nothing instead of actually playing. Sure, the troop speed is also increased, but I can deal with the long wait time of movement knowing when I close out the game ALL my platoons are now repairing. Really, really, don't like this new update.
  • Perses
    Perses
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 1,754
    It all sounds really good and hopefully positive.

EXCEPT - I feel the inability to queue all units for repair will be such a major negative that it over-rides the positives in this upgrade.

I can see I will be dismantling many partially damaged platoons and re-making them just so I can try and get a platoon that will take 10 hours to repair, allowing me some time to have a life (or sleep) outside of this game. Introducing tedious tasks like this detracts hugely from the enjoyment levels I experience in games, less enjoyment = less time playing = less money for you (yes I pay).

I hope it proves to be not as bad as I fear it will be. We'll wait and see I guess but my enjoyment levels are already fairly low due to the recent persistent disconnect upgrade, hopefully the persistent platoon upgrade will be a better experience.
    Best Spoiler yet ...
    well if there is a turret it may not be tesla turret, it could be something that fires jackrabbits and honey badgers at things. Or coffee, it could shoot coffee.
  • John Lawlor
    John Lawlor
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 283
    Perses wrote: »

EXCEPT - I feel the inability to queue all units for repair will be such a major negative that it over-rides the positives in this upgrade.

I can see I will be dismantling many partially damaged platoons and re-making them just so I can try and get a platoon that will take 10 hours to repair, allowing me some time to have a life (or sleep) outside of this game. Introducing tedious tasks like this detracts hugely from the enjoyment levels I experience in games, less enjoyment = less time playing = less money for you (yes I pay).

I hope it proves to be not as bad as I fear it will be. We'll wait and see I guess but my enjoyment levels are already fairly low due to the recent persistent disconnect upgrade, hopefully the persistent platoon upgrade will be a better experience.
    You see it is just like battle pirates, they make money off the repair coins, they have to make money, or no game :'( but you can repair units in your plats now too so, you can easily get more done then before
    John_Lawlor-Battle pirates User ID: 1924775
    bat·tle--Noun: A conflict between forces. Verb: Fight or struggle tenaciously to achieve or resist something. pi·rate/ˈpīrət/
    Noun: A person who attacks and robs ships at sea. Verb: Rob or plunder (a ship).
    Do you love God, accept Jesus as your Lord and Savior? If you do, put this in your sig.
    Jesus will return here and save those who have faith in Him. I believe in His second coming.
    I am telling this to spread the word.
  • -SmashN-
    -SmashN-
    Strike-force Captain
    Otheym wrote: »
    Please do. You know folks get into battles and will easily have multiple platoons damaged. So it is 1am and I just finished some big battling and have 3 heavily damaged platoons. I can only have one repair and in the morning need to start another one on reapir but have to go to work and come home to one platoon still damaged despite the fact that the total repairs would have happened overnight under the old way?

Then I would suggest you not tank SPAM :) Bring 100 tanks to a fight and pay the price. More skill and less spam imo

• brian009551
    brian009551
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 1
    Q: why have you not created a new building called underground bunker for the units to be repaired instead of repairing the units in the staging area make a new tap next to unlock/upgrade call it repair depo
  • -SmashN-
    -SmashN-
    Strike-force Captain
    Perses wrote: »

So don't damage ALL your platoons at once - I feel that only the tank spammers are pissed off about this new repair system. Well, too bad - now maybe it will force people to actually have to think about a strategy to destroy a base instead of throwing everything and the kitchen sink at it so it will DP. Now you can still do this, but be prepared to COIN repair and ask yourself is this player really worth it :)

• Travis Christopher
    Travis Christopher
    Greenhorn
    Need Air to Air combat!
  • Warren Backstrom
    Warren Backstrom
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 10
    Dear Mr. David Scott,

I'm new member on WC forum, and I'm also someone who played too many strategy war games.

I have some questions and perhaps a few suggestions for future updates and things to come. Although its 100% not logical to revive dead infantry, I love this new update, it will be great to repair my Hercules and not to lose them for ever any more :D Will it be possible to use a suicide bomber over and over again, since the infantry will be persistent? And does this mean our dogs will be able to dig mines and then do it again when we resurrect them? What will determine repair speed of troops in deposits? If we have 3 dead platoons in base, can we set all units for a scheduled repair by disassembling those 3 platoons and returning all "dead" units to staging area unit pool?

As for suggestions: persistent air units would be great :D and it would be logical to add it in this update as well! It would be awesome if you made possible that our air units can enter battlefield from any side we want them to, because it's kinda stupid that land vehicles can go around on the world map and enter from any side, while helicopters which are much faster and not land-bound cannot do this.

Here goes the one thing that would make this game as twice as awesome then it already is: Spy unit :) Spies could be used to monitor activities at enemy bases and would be invisible to all but its owner. During attacks, spies could infiltrate enemy Tech Center and steal plans for advanced units, such as gatling trucks, laser tanks, warhawk, etc. This would be a real challenge for new players, and they would have something to fight for, and earn those elite units the hard way and have the sweet taste in their mouth when they succeed! It should take more then one attack to gain these plans, of course. Finally, if a spy was able to get close to an enemy vehicle, he could capture it and bring it back to base where R&D team in Tech Center would use it to gain data to unlock that vehicle, or simply use it as your own vehicle, with level 1 stats until its unlocked and upgraded. It would be a real fun for a new player to steal a few challengers or even a mega tank from rogue bases!

If you like these ideas, please leave a comment, thanks! And btw, I have many more ideas from many games I played ;-)

Really love this spy idea. It would be an excellent way for players who came in later to get "special" vehicles like the gattling truck etc
This discussion has been closed.