WC update preview - Advanced Platoons and Persistent Infantry

• BoneBT36
    BoneBT36
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 7
    Dear Kixeye
    Please explain your comment around platoon repairs
    "You will see that you can only repair a single platoon at a time and can not queue up all units in your base/storage to repair. We made this decision to simplify the UI. As you can now repair platoons on deposits it should even out in terms of time spent, for most it will be a time-saver compared to the old system."

To repair all my units previously I clicked repair all and went to bed or work this took me some 20 seconds. Now I have to sit for hours at a computer and wait while my units repairs.
    Its like selling me a new improved washing machine, telling me it washes clothes much quicker than the old machine so is going to save me time. But oh by the way it will only work whilst you watch it if you leave the room it stops working, is this an improvement I think not!!!!!!!!!

Also managing platoons at deposits. In any campaign a general will move his troops to where they are needed most i.e a new offensive. Will he move all his troops out? No he will move what he can spare and leave enough troops behind to hold the line. Now if I want to move tanks back to base for a new offensive I have to bring my whole garrison back including my soldiers in bunkers, keep the offensive tanks that I want and then send a defensive garrison back and put the troops back in bunkers this is just plain stupid and time consuming.

The majority of people who play War commander try and fit it in around their lives, the changes to the game mean it is only playable in 2 ways.
    1) you sit in front of the computer for hours on end
    2) You pay money
    A cynic may think that the update is designed to force people to use the 2nd option. I hope this is not the case.
    I will await developments over the next few days but unless some serious rethinking is applied to this update I will simply have to stop playing War Commander or else my options are
    1) Divorce
    2) Leave work
    3) Bankruptcy (especially if I leave work and divorce)
    4) Never sleep again
    5) All of the above

Do the people making these changes actually think about how their players use the game in real life? There does seem with this update a real detach from reality or is this just profiteering tied up in a pretty package?
  • victorhaggy
    victorhaggy
    Greenhorn
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 2
    ok sorry I know you are trying to make a better game.. But Now I have to go in and out of world map to make platoons.. Sorry!! you have made this game suck.. well I hope that you have something else in mind.. As of now you made this gamer harder and suckyer
  • Eddie Jameson
    Eddie Jameson
    Greenhorn
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 8
    really kixeye.... you took away the repair all option!!!!!!!!!!!! WTF.... Bring it back!!!!!!!!!! It saves no time at all by having to come back over and over to repair platoons... all it does is keep the players online longer and leave them open to risks of further attacks.
  • Denny25u
    Denny25u
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 4
    Revert to the old repair system nothing was wrong with it!
  • Fernando Colada Poniente
    Fernando Colada Poniente
    Greenhorn
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 7
    This is the worst updates by far.... it takes forever to repair... games lags. I'm not happy. :( - sad face.
  • John Cannon
    John Cannon
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 1
    I'm with you. Can't stand the fact that you have to repair each platoon individually. Such a pain in the ****. Makes the game much less fun and more of a chore!
  • Eric Clark
    Eric Clark
    Potential Threat
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 32
    dear kixeye you said that this upgrade would make it time-saver compared to the old system. but all you did was make the game a pain is the **** the only good thing about this upgrade is that you can repair in the depo's you need 2 go back 2 the old system and leave it that way am not happy about this :mad:
  • Ali Roudaki
    Ali Roudaki
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 2
    Another ridicules thing about resent update
    I just upgraded my Challenger to level 5 (Health upgrade)
    Now I see that all my platoons which contains challengers need to be repaired cause the included challengers are not upgraded and their health are not full anymore
    All of them was at full health before on level 4
    It means once u upgrade a unit already built units do not upgrade and we need to go through a long repair process to upgrade each of them
    Now I really found a good reason to stop playing this game
  • Thomas William
    Thomas William
    Greenhorn
    Please bring back the repair all button! I can't go online every 2 hours to start a new repair for my units in storage or in platoons! please help!
  • Michael Baconator Bright
    Michael Baconator Bright
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jan 2012 Posts: 12
    Just to add to the number of complaints. The new repair system is no good at all. It needs to go back to how it worked before, because then it actually worked. Now it does not.

The rest of the upgrade I like. I especially like the platoons. I just want repairs to work the way they did before this.
  • Bob1239
    Bob1239
    Greenhorn
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 5
    In addition to all of the complaints regarding the repairing of the platoons, it seems that the counter is off when you do repair a platoon. I started a repair and when i did, the time remaining showed 3hr 45min. I set a timer so i would remember to come back in and start repairing my next platoon and when i did, the time left showed 1hr 20 min. What is up with that? I really think you need to validate your times as well. It is bad enough that you can't repair your platoons serially, but you can't even trust the repair clock.
  • Jonathan Vermette
    Jonathan Vermette
    Potential Threat
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 32
    no need to say much .......FAILLLLLLL
    go bck to the old version of repair or fix it so we can sleep i dont wanna wait day long to look at repair and scare to do rf because of dommage wise it suck for real
    fix ittttt
  • AYBABTU
    AYBABTU
    Greenhorn
    I am not happy with the changing of the repairs not being done when we are not at the keyboard. I like to sleep between battles....even real soldiers get to sleep between battles. WC isn't fun any more. [B]Epic FAIL[/B]!!!
  • Jefry Je-pronk
    Jefry Je-pronk
    Greenhorn
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 4
    kixeye, why this game cant repair all unit automatic, its take my time anylonger,, please the rapair back to old design.. can be rapair all unit betwen we choise once unit.. my friends leave this game one by one.. if you not change the system how many player will boring with war commander,, thanks...
  • KIXEYE CM Chris
    KIXEYE CM Chris
    KIXEYE
    Joined Mar 2012 Posts: 5,174
    Hey guys, wanted to direct you again over to the new thread I made about the update. I've unlocked it now so you can comment. As always, keep your posts constructive and stick to forum rules. As long as you obey the rules, anything goes, and we'd be happy to hear your thoughts. Lots of activity in the past two days, but I am reading every bit of feedback you post.

Here's that thread-- http://forums.kixeye.com/threads/226867-Attention-Commanders-Repair-Bug-Fix-and-the-Recent-Update
    I work on War Commander!

Support Form
    Rules

If I don't reply to your PM, don't take it personally. We get far too many to keep track of.
  • King Zartan
    King Zartan
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 14
    Yeah I've posted about the repair deal, having to que each platoon when ANY BASE WORTH IT'S NAME REPAIRS ALL UNITS WITHOUT BEING TOLD TO DO SO!!

Automatically start repairs on all platoons, I don't give a $^%* what order they are done in either.

Let me tell you how annoying all this has become. I'm intentionally just hitting large rogue bases lvl 24 etc and just grinding my tanks through the mortar fire, head first into the turrets...why you ask?.....Because I don't give a $%&* about them if I have to initiate the repair FOR EVERY SINGLE $%&*ing PLATOON!!!

I'm going to go buy a pint of liquor because of this, and play Texas Hold'em Poker with some heavy metal music blasting...JUST TO CALM MY NERVES!!!

Auto que the repairs in the order that you made the platoons, left to right, top row then down to the next row, SOMETHING, JUST DO IT!!!

Allot of people are already cutting down on how much time they spend on the game, if you can track the stats then you know I'm right. The developers need to drink a gallon of 5 hour energy and pull a 48 hour fix. Call Bill Gates, I don't give a $%&* if it's 4 AM in California!! Call DARPA, NORAD, AREA 51, call the Annunaki, call their $%&*ing mothership!

This is King General Zartan of the Fire Nation, err, I mean sector 187

And no, I don't like that bozo show Avatar but when you have more nieces and nephews than you can count you end up watching that stupid show....
  • Eddie Jameson
    Eddie Jameson
    Greenhorn
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 8
    now i find that scraping an air unit does not work... come on kixeye... first Battle Pirates gets hosed and is slow as ... a snail... now war commander.... come on... I thought the government was the only corporation that could mess up that bad...

Keep the same platoon UI but add the repair all option. It really cant be that hard to code a rule requiring that all units selected for repair all be present at the main base. Also, the scrap option needs to work if it is present.

It seems as though you launched a set of test code rather than the final product. Major let down.
  • twazlavek
    twazlavek
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 28
    So i set my 1 platoon to repair ..........3 and a half hours stated repair time.

Get pissed off after an hour and a half waiting.

Go to bed for 7 hours.

Log on again

1 hour 55 mins repair time remaining on same platoon!!!

Got 8 hrs work in 20 mins.!!

I make that around 18 hours to repair 1 platoon!!!!!!

WHAT IS THE POINT IN PLAYING ANYMORE!!!????!!!! ANYBODY KNOW!!!!????

If this were a meeting, I'd second this motion and move to vote by calling the question: Is the lengthy repair time a deterrent to new players? And, is the lengthy repair time causing veteran players to leave? In both questions, the answer is yes.

Come on Kixeye. We already have enough issues with these (insert your favorite pejorative term) using dogs and air support to snipe plats, and we can't fight back without synchronous play. Then, we're in repair for the next two weeks trying not to time out. This is getting ridiculous. o.O
    _DOA_Guerrilla
  • Joseph Gutierrez
    Joseph Gutierrez
    Greenhorn
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 16
    There is nothing wrong with the clock. The problem is actually because the repairs only happen when you are logged in. So plan on being logged in the game for about 2 to 4 hours every damaged platoon (depending on what units you have of course). The moment you log off, the repair is paused.

Also, there is a button where you can 'disband' a platoon and put them back to storage. Don't use that because if you do, your units will never be repaired. Unless of course you put them in a platoon again and click on repair.
  • twazlavek
    twazlavek
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 28
    TemperNe wrote: »
    Enough Whining Already, LOL

Having only 1 platoon repair at a time means that you must PLAY to have troops. I like it. I mean before someone with 108 megas can log in once a week and decimate the area then go away.

I mean if you want to have a complaint, here are some:
    1. Why doesn't the map show green with people in groups. The Facebook API clearly supports getting a list of Groups the user is a member of. Do I need to write the code for ya? Being forced to friend someone sucks as friends might have access to phone numbers and crap.
    2. OMG Move to the new Facebook Fluid canvas. Go to developer tab and select it. This way we can use the whole screen for the game. Even better, allow the **** thing to be resized. See http://docs.jquery.com/UI/API/1.8/Resizable .
    3. DP. Players that port on each other should not be able to DP each other.
    4. Phantoms - I see many dead platoons on the map.
    5. Liar - The reason you can only repair one platoon at a time is to try to get more money. The prices will be cheaper and the incentive is now greater.
    6. Bookmarks, We get 50 out of a map size of 250,000. Plus a way to rename bookmarks and organize them would be key. Just look at the bookmarks for ANY browser as a guide.
    7. Static platoon - Worthless. Each situation requires different units. It is unlikely this will save time.
    8. Alliances - Wow, No support for this concept? Yeah I know I put it twice.
    9. DRINKING COFFEE - The we are UNDER ATTACK message has to go. Why can't you get to the map at least?
    10. Multiple Bases - Duh. This would solve the repair complaint too maybe. Maybe you can only have 1 base per sector.. maybe.
    11. Spies - I think it sucks that i don't have gun trucks just because your marketing sucked. A spy would allow you to steal other people's special units. I was thinking maybe you would have 1 in 100 chance if you got a spy into their command center while DP'in their base. Maybe you could increase this by using more spies.
    12. Auto breakout - If your toon is surrounded while moving, instead of stopping it just automatically hits the first unit in its way and attacks with rubi. It is annoying that 12 challenger tanks can be killed just by surrounding it with toons of buggies and taken out with air.

Do you want more, I have many more.

Plus, I know what I am talking about. I have been a developer for years. Can program .NET, php, java, c[++], etc. Have interfaced with almost every RDBS. To keep track of how many times a unit has died is 1 SQL statement. But i disagree with the concept of units permanently dieing after so many deaths. As far as the support, you guys don't answer tickets anyways do ya? I have had a ticket for like a week, it's still unanswered.

looks like i spoke too soon. Temper for the win!
    _DOA_Guerrilla
  • Amsatnetg
    Amsatnetg
    Greenhorn
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 24
    " Originally Posted by TemperNe
    Enough Whining Already, LOL

Having only 1 platoon repair at a time means that you must PLAY to have troops. I like it. I mean before someone with 108 megas can log in once a week and decimate the area then go away.

I mean if you want to have a complaint, here are some:

1.Why doesn't the map show green with people in groups. The Facebook API clearly supports getting a list of Groups the user is a member of. Do I need to write the code for ya? Being forced to friend someone sucks as friends might have access to phone numbers and crap.
    2.OMG Move to the new Facebook Fluid canvas. Go to developer tab and select it. This way we can use the whole screen for the game. Even better, allow the **** thing to be resized. See http://docs.jquery.com/UI/API/1.8/Resizable .
    3.DP. Players that port on each other should not be able to DP each other.
    4.Phantoms - I see many dead platoons on the map.
    5.Liar - The reason you can only repair one platoon at a time is to try to get more money. The prices will be cheaper and the incentive is now greater.
    6.Bookmarks, We get 50 out of a map size of 250,000. Plus a way to rename bookmarks and organize them would be key. Just look at the bookmarks for ANY browser as a guide.
    7.Static platoon - Worthless. Each situation requires different units. It is unlikely this will save time.
    8.Alliances - Wow, No support for this concept? Yeah I know I put it twice.
    9.DRINKING COFFEE - The we are UNDER ATTACK message has to go. Why can't you get to the map at least?
    10.Multiple Bases - Duh. This would solve the repair complaint too maybe. Maybe you can only have 1 base per sector.. maybe.
    11.Spies - I think it sucks that i don't have gun trucks just because your marketing sucked. A spy would allow you to steal other people's special units. I was thinking maybe you would have 1 in 100 chance if you got a spy into their command center while DP'in their base. Maybe you could increase this by using more spies.
    12.Auto breakout - If your toon is surrounded while moving, instead of stopping it just automatically hits the first unit in its way and attacks with rubi. It is annoying that 12 challenger tanks can be killed just by surrounding it with toons of buggies and taken out with air.

Do you want more, I have many more.

Plus, I know what I am talking about. I have been a developer for years. Can program .NET, php, java, c[++], etc. Have interfaced with almost every RDBS. To keep track of how many times a unit has died is 1 SQL statement. But i disagree with the concept of units permanently dieing after so many deaths. As far as the support, you guys don't answer tickets anyways do ya? I have had a ticket for like a week, it's still unanswered."

Hello Kixeye,

I have spent a large amount of money on your platform, and this new setup sucks. I am seriously thinking about dropping the game altogether. Hire this guy in the quotes, and make it quick please, or it's gonna be alot less customers in the long run. As you can see from the many posts, we are not happy, and unhappy customers find something else to do. Good luck..................
  • emooo
    emooo
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 1
    slm mega tanklarimi tamir etdiremiyorum nasil yapmam lazim bu degisikligi hic ama hic begenmedim önceki bundan **** iyiydi lütfen bu konuda yardimci olun yikilan tanklarimi nasil onaririm
    tesekürler
  • harmonybear
    harmonybear
    Greenhorn
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 2
    Like the new update but the repair thing sucks. it takes ages and you can only repair one at the time. before i was ready in a couple of hours now it takes a hole day. :(
  • Ryan Evans
    Ryan Evans
    Greenhorn
    I spent £24 gbp on Credits last week, and loved the game.

Update has ruined it. Repairs are insane. I only have 80 Paladins. 80 Got damaged yesterday morning, thats over 24 hours ago. I set Platoons, click repair, it says 4hrs 20 mins to repair 13 tanks.

I come back online last night, it said 4hrs 3 mins remaining, came online this morning, only 1 tank out of 80 has repaired, in 24 hours.

How come we still have repair tab for Aircraft, but not tanks?

Please can we get the old repair tabs back.

If not, please refund me my credits, as its no longer the game I paid for.
  • C0S0X
    C0S0X
    Greenhorn
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 5
    I don´t know if you have noticed that this new update has a lot of problems for the players. When you change the name of a platoon you have on the oil deposit it dissapears, you can't control it. The platton is out of control. Although when you repair a platoon you can't know what units are availaible.

Im so sorry, but I've spoken to many players and we all think that with this update the Game has lost intensity and it is usefulless...everything works so slow and you loose interest.

Thank you, :crying:
  • Michael Hollands
    Michael Hollands
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 6
    Ryan Evans wrote: »
    I spent £24 gbp on Credits last week, and loved the game.

Update has ruined it. Repairs are insane. I only have 80 Paladins. 80 Got damaged yesterday morning, thats over 24 hours ago. I set Platoons, click repair, it says 4hrs 20 mins to repair 13 tanks.

I come back online last night, it said 4hrs 3 mins remaining, came online this morning, only 1 tank out of 80 has repaired, in 24 hours.

How come we still have repair tab for Aircraft, but not tanks?

Please can we get the old repair tabs back.

If not, please refund me my credits, as its no longer the game I paid for.

I second this, I have spent over 1000 dollars on a game that I loved playing, this update comes and it is not the game i Paid for so you can refund me aswell
  • jrsweb
    jrsweb
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 5
    Where's everyone? Oh, they fell asleep on the keyboard waiting for stuff to repair........

Watching as everyone leaves and I already started playing something else.

Really horrible move forcing us to pay this way. Just another insult to people that work having to pay to keep up with those that don't.

How could they think that sliding this in under the guise of an upgrade with new features was going to smoke screen the real intentions. Very sad they are so out of touch with reality. People struggling to put food on the table and they do this. Sad.
  • MovingTarget
    MovingTarget
    Greenhorn
    Joined Mar 2011 Posts: 18
    I like the new platoon format... repairing one platoon at a time and no option to repair ALL... NOT liking that very much :(
  • Stephen Perez
    Stephen Perez
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 3
    This update sucks... Tanks don't automatic repair like they used to. Now we have to sit in game not doing anything. BORING..... I liked the game before the update. Please fix this. Make it like the airfield. airfield auto repairs so should the war factory/platoons. Like everyone else. Refund me my money as well. I am definately not sitting here babysitting my platoons.
  • C0S0X
    C0S0X
    Greenhorn
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 5
    I don´t know if you have noticed that this new update has a lot of problems for the players. When you change the name of a platoon you have on the oil deposit it dissapears, you can't control it. The platton is out of control. Although when you repair a platoon you can't know what units are availaible.

Im so sorry, but I've spoken to many players and we all think that with this update the Game has lost intensity and it is usefulless...everything works so slow and you loose interest.

Thank you, :crying:
This discussion has been closed.