WC update preview - Advanced Platoons and Persistent Infantry

• nahoJ
    nahoJ
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 33
    Fantastic- now i can finally go rob som rouge fractions. after repairing ONE platoon since yesterday. FFS!
    In game name "Rommel"
    Lvl 33
    Current sector: 379
  • Tony Parker
    Tony Parker
    Potential Threat
    Joined May 2010 Posts: 45
    So your troops be like zombies !? :lol:
  • sporty_spartan
    sporty_spartan
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 429
    problem is even in a platoon, when u go offline the repair stops. Now this is ridiculous.. u want ppl to sit in front for repairs to happen or want to promote use of auto refreshers..
  • bridson
    bridson
    Greenhorn
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 6
    i'm sure you all have heard this a million times now, but the units repair feature is not cool. Please take the feature back to the way it was and have units repairs themselves while the commanders are offline. i'm not going to stare at my screen for four hours while my units repair. that's not what i call fun.
  • James Farrell Jr
    James Farrell Jr
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 2
    I'm giving it a week for them to realize they screwed up the platoon repairing.....then i'm getting rid of this game next tuesday, mark it on the calender kixeye. I don't need this game in it's current condition!
  • Alfredo Peixoto
    Alfredo Peixoto
    Greenhorn
    ano ther thing, the way of peploying the platoons in deposits, is not good either. old way was better.
  • GrizzlyJack
    GrizzlyJack
    Greenhorn
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 6
    Just like 98% of the other posters here, I agree that the update sucks. I've had it with Kixeye and War Commander. Their greed is spoiling everything. The game just isn't fun anymore. I will be using my fb credits elsewhere from now on.
  • Tim Garrett
    Tim Garrett
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 1
    Has Kixeye made a response to this repair time crap thing??? Im not gonna bother playing anymore if its not gonna be fixed. Its just boring watching a clock count down!!!!
  • Mike Pelvay
    Mike Pelvay
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 3
    One PLATOON at a time, not a single unit, that would be silly. We will look into a way to queue up platoons for repairs after we get this update out.
    It may simplify the UI but it complicates the usage. Before, you could hit repair once and the next day everything would be repaired. Now, you have to keep going back and hit repair.
    I do like the change that you made with the Airfield having 3 tabs 1 for build, 1 for repair and 1 for scrap. That is more simplified than what you did with the vehicles. If you copy what you did with the Airfield to the War Factory, many MANY people will thank you for doing that.
  • Mike Pelvay
    Mike Pelvay
    Greenhorn
    my repairs dont go offline when i leave WC
  • Wesley Dabney
    Wesley Dabney
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 4
    i quit playing at noon with a platoon that was repairing and was supposed to take 2.5 hours to repair.. now it still has 2.3 hours to repair and it 4:40. LOL.. fail
  • Sugenma
    Sugenma
    Greenhorn
    I agree with u guys.. The new repair system is real bad.. Its so bad it pisses me off.. The worst thing is if u close the game it wil stop repairing.. I must wait 4 hours 2 get one platoon repaired.. And i dont think anyone will wait that long for a platoon 2 get repaired.. I payed much money for this game.. After this update i wont spend one euro for this crap.. And i think a few people will pay for the sneakymoneydigging systeem but alot of people will stop playing this game.. Thnx for destroying the game for us all.. U lost a couple of ur comunity and u will lose a couple more everyday. Fckn **** company at least react.. tell us if u gonna fix it or not
  • Hawk Eye
    Hawk Eye
    Greenhorn
    This update is soooooooooo retarded...i play for 2 hours do 18hours worth of damage to my platoons and now i have to be online in order to get them to repair!?!!!WTF were you thinking kixeye? And 5 minutes to repair a heavy gunner? ROFLMAO!!!! I can make 5 new ones instantly andnot have to wait. You guys dropped the ball on this and i doubt i wil spend money again on any of your games....if i decide to keep playing...a BIG if.
  • durand202
    durand202
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 48
    This update is horrible platoons don't repair if your not online playing this is crazy!! The old way was so much better. Have had 6 unrepaired platoons since yesterday case it wont repair when i'm not online.
  • Damon Golds
    Damon Golds
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 5
    most of the updates are good, apart from the repairing of units. it seems you can only repair units while online, its a cheap way to try to get ppl to pay for it, i wont be one of them also i hear alot of ppl moaning about it. you could lose a lot of players because of this. i dont think its fair, so if possible please sort it
  • Travis Wander
    Travis Wander
    Greenhorn
    Why don't units repair while I'm away? I understand that only one platoon at a time will repair but they're not repairing when I leave to do something else. and now I can't do anything because none of my units will repair and I have work so I can't be on this all day. Unless this is fixed, I won't be able to play anymore :( which sucks caused this is a great game!
  • JON FRENCH
    JON FRENCH
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 639
    UPDATE MAKES ME PISS LAUGHING!

its awesome - tank spammers are **** - lovely!!

Yep, we need queued repairs, other than that its a piece of work

If ya dont like it then well ya gonna be proper upset when sync play comes in and your 1 dog 10 warhawk bollox dont work either

This update te bollox

Just needs queued plat repair - and they said they gonna do it

Stop crying
  • steve banfield
    steve banfield
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 16
    This update is rediculous! It was bad enough only being able to repair one platoon at a time, but if you were carefull this was manageable. Now I find that if you leave the game the platoons stop repairing, WTF! Example- I left a platoon with a repair time of 3hrs at 5pm it is now 11.30pm and there is still 2.5hrs remaining. If it continues like this and is not just teething problems with the new update this will utterly ruin the game. I and many others (from what I can see from chat) will be no longer playing WC. Please listen to us and get this sorted Kixeye. :-(
  • fightclubsouth
    fightclubsouth
    Greenhorn
    "You will see that you can only repair a single platoon at a time and can not queue up all units in your base/storage to repair." ughhh this is what I hated about battle pirates. so now instead of going to bed knowing that a good chunk of my units will be repaired when I wake up, I now will have to wake up in increments at night in order to check up on current repairs and begin new repairs >:(

Agreed. I dont have the time will most likely stop playing for this reason
  • JON FRENCH
    JON FRENCH
    Strike-force Captain
    and units do repair while you offline - if dont for you then ya prob not saved game by doing another action before logging out
  • Waleed Abd Elnaser
    Waleed Abd Elnaser
    Greenhorn
    JON FRENCH wrote: »
    UPDATE MAKES ME PISS LAUGHING!

its awesome - tank spammers are **** - lovely!!

Yep, we need queued repairs, other than that its a piece of work

If ya dont like it then well ya gonna be proper upset when sync play comes in and your 1 dog 10 warhawk bollox dont work either

This update te bollox

Just needs queued plat repair - and they said they gonna do it

Stop crying

hell yes ,we need queued platoons repair, it`s completely fatal error in this upgrade
  • Robert Madden
    Robert Madden
    Greenhorn
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 1
    This new repair system is stupid and it is going to have a lot of people quit playing so i hope kixeye is happy you need to put the old repair system back in place where units in storage all repair 1 after the other
  • JON FRENCH
    JON FRENCH
    Strike-force Captain
    Level 10 staging - 24.5k

If you cant play 24/7 with that you have issues - i.e. you spam tank fishperson
  • KH-Rick
    KH-Rick
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 13
    I registered exclusively for the purpose of providing feedback on the new repair system. You CANNOT repair units in parallel if they are in a deposit. That is a lie or a bug. Units will not continue in repair if you disconnect. This is either a bug or an attempt to get people to buy credits to pay for the repair. I WILL NOT BUY ANY CREDITS ANYMORE UNTIL THIS REPAIR THING IS FIXED.

End of story.
  • Scurvy
    Scurvy
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined May 2011 Posts: 624
    Kixeye strikes again!

And just last week people were giving me a ration of crap for saying this in the forums. Now some of these same people are all up in arms! lol
  • Steeljoints
    Steeljoints
    Greenhorn
    Bottom Line, is Kixeye going to fix this unit repair debacle or should we start looking for a new game? Please, someone, anyone, answer me this one question
  • Terry Martin
    Terry Martin
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 95
    Simple fix. allow all platoons to repair simultaneously.

Please consider that infantry are now also clogging vehicle repair times, instead of having their own seperate pathway.
  • galaxy121
    galaxy121
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 30
    FUBAR
    What were you guys thinking! It's not up to us whether we keep playing only you can correct your mistake which has been well documented here. I like others will give you a week or so to pull your head out and make this right after that I'll go back to doing what ever it was before I started playing WC. I know my wife will be happy if you don't fix this.

• Adam Nazar
    Adam Nazar
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 24
    can you change the fact that we have to be online to repair our stuff becuase some people aren't to to happy that they have to sit in front of their computers and watch their units repair
  • KIXEYE CM Chris
    KIXEYE CM Chris
    KIXEYE
    Joined Mar 2012 Posts: 5,174
    What's up guys,

I just wanted to jump in real quick and mention that I'll be making a sticky'd post soon addressing some of the main concerns that you guys have been voicing. I've read this entire thread and have considered all of your posts. To those who are happy-- I'm very glad, and hopefully we can give you even more. To those who are pissed-- don't worry, we're working hard to improve for you, and I think you'll like what we have to say. When that post goes live I'll give you a link in here, or you can check it out at the top of The Command Center with the rest of the stickies.
    I work on War Commander!

Support Form
    Rules

If I don't reply to your PM, don't take it personally. We get far too many to keep track of.
This discussion has been closed.