Explanation Needed

Justin_The_Animal
Justin_The_Animal
Incursion Leader
Joined Feb 2012 Posts: 1,055
edited 28 Jun 2012, 3:31PM
Can anyone explain to me why my tanks take the round about way to shoot something? Numerous times I've told my level 8 megas to shoot a gun turret with a challenger parked next to it and instead of driving straight at the turret, they drove to the left and then turned to it which put them in range of the challengers and the turret. There were no buildings or walls in the way as I made sure to destroy everything in their path to make sure that wasn't the problem. This has happened numerous times and has cost me tanks and attacks.

• Ben Palmer
    Ben Palmer
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Apr 2011 Posts: 14,383
    Tanks and other ground units are often unfortunately automatically still pathed by destroyed buildings. You need to move them manually over the remains of the buildings or you will continue to get this problem.
    RoyalGuard

• Randallman
    Randallman
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Mar 2012 Posts: 1,017
    And there's a couple of spots on the base & depots maps that units will "drive around" for no apparent reason as there's nothing there as far as any obstacle.
    WC Preview Game ID 1188403, Firefox, XP Pro, Flash 11,4,402,278
  • Justin_The_Animal
    Justin_The_Animal
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Feb 2012 Posts: 1,055
    I am still encountering this problem. If there is a unit of any kind near a turret, my tanks will swing around instead of driving straight at the target. Most times they drive too close to turrets and start getting hit before they stop and fire. I am using level 8 mega tanks. This has cost me numerous platoons of tanks. It does not matter how many times I click for them to attack the target they still swing around. Is there any way to fix this or make it stop. Again, there are no obstacles in their path. Some of these turrets are sitting away from other buildings and the tanks have a straight path to them, they just won't take it. It also doesn't matter if I target the unit instead of the turret.