Tail between legs

lightshow
lightshow
Minor Nuisance
Joined Mar 2012 Posts: 112
edited 9 Apr 2012, 4:13AM
have been bashing the new update after putting some time in it starting feel and play great again, pervious post were premature sry for that change is a hard thing to get use to but once you do game rocks again, ne1 that wants to bash me feel free i deserve it, now like the canadian boy i am GAME ON!!!
  • Balthazaa
    Balthazaa
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 695
    It's funny how people are starting to like this new world map after a couple of days (I've liked it from the start BUT it does need the creases ironed out).

On a side note tho, no-one (I heard) who disliked the Tech and Medic's being removed changed their tune. ;)
    WC User ID: 49935, Interesting isn't it.

WAR COMMANDER UPDATE: 21 December 2011 = EPIC FAIL :pokey:.
  • BLaCKoNi666
    BLaCKoNi666
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 1,059
    Welcome to the fold man, its not without its flaws (3 of my MTs just vanished into thin air never to be seen again) but even imperfect its still awesome :)
  • Bonita Evans
    Bonita Evans
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Feb 2012 Posts: 236
    Still undecided about the World Map. The thing I like most about the update however is the freedom to choose precisely which tanks I want to fight with based on their level of health.
  • Mark Whatsitworthtou
    Mark Whatsitworthtou
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Feb 2012 Posts: 519
    I still don't really care for it. physically traveling around is unneeded ( just spawn to your desired location ). The outposts are not productive enough imho. Having all level of players able to fight for the outposts makes it 1 sided. If a person already had megas available on day one they pretty much run the map, Repair times are now over 10 hours for my rhinos well actually I am at 24 hours now and not a one is repaired ( but that's a glitch that I hope is being fixed ) The map design is cool but eh. I wish Ra2 online wasn't dead. A guy could play that all day long and only spend the initial 10 dollars for the disk.
    This is my war commander itinerary ..... Log on. hit repair. start upgrade. find thorium. repair, repair , repair, repair, find thorium, repair , repair, repair, start upgrade....  I do not need metal or oil as i own 160 giant deposits....  
  • Ben Marcum
    Ben Marcum
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Mar 2012 Posts: 272
    Balthazaa wrote: »
    It's funny how people are starting to like this new world map after a couple of days (I've liked it from the start BUT it does need the creases ironed out).

On a side note tho, no-one (I heard) who disliked the Tech and Medic's being removed changed their tune. ;)
    Yeah I stated in a previous post how I like being able to see my environment. Still adapting the the controls learning as I go along. Today I learned if you tell your unit to return to base it will go part way and stop. Then you have to tell it again. And it goes partway and stops. Until it gets back to base.
  • Justin_The_Animal
    Justin_The_Animal
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Feb 2012 Posts: 1,055
    My biggest complaint (no one seems to care bout them so far) is the platoons attacking platoons. There needs to be some rules to it. Perhaps a certain amount of units before air becomes available. I'm not sure about you guys but I'm tired of losing mega platoons to 1 rifleman platoons because they bring in air. I understand that AA units can be put in there, but they're easily baited and destroyed.

What do you think?

• LarsB
    LarsB
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 15,313
    Balthazaa wrote: »

I disliked the removal at first.... but now i like it.....
    The map i already liked from the start....
    WC: Lvl: 35 User ID: 933725 Sector: 38
    Prizes won: Elite Rifleman, Elite Heavy Gunner, Attack Dog, Stinger, Shock Trooper, Colossus, Gladiator, Elite Humvee, Honey Badger, Elite Gatling Truck, Elite Shock Tank, Flak Tank, FAV, Elite Laser Tank + Schematic, Elite Hellfire+ Schematic, Elite Mega Tank, Behemoth, Reaper Drone, Elite Warhawk , Havoc, Hellstorm, Kondor, Heavy Ionized Armor

I am not a moderator or developer and I do not work for ♞KIXEYE in any way, I'm just an Elder of the game

• Deemarie
    Deemarie
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 127
    My biggest complaint (no one seems to care bout them so far) is the platoons attacking platoons. There needs to be some rules to it. Perhaps a certain amount of units before air becomes available. I'm not sure about you guys but I'm tired of losing mega platoons to 1 rifleman platoons because they bring in air. I understand that AA units can be put in there, but they're easily baited and destroyed.

What do you think?

I agree with Justin on this. I think Air units should be used for base or deposit attacks only, but that's just my opinion.
  • LarsB
    LarsB
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 15,313
    Deemarie wrote: »
    I agree with Justin on this. I think Air units should be used for base or deposit attacks only, but that's just my opinion.

then taking out platoons will be incrediby difficult and less skill is needed in defending them....
    WC: Lvl: 35 User ID: 933725 Sector: 38
    Prizes won: Elite Rifleman, Elite Heavy Gunner, Attack Dog, Stinger, Shock Trooper, Colossus, Gladiator, Elite Humvee, Honey Badger, Elite Gatling Truck, Elite Shock Tank, Flak Tank, FAV, Elite Laser Tank + Schematic, Elite Hellfire+ Schematic, Elite Mega Tank, Behemoth, Reaper Drone, Elite Warhawk , Havoc, Hellstorm, Kondor, Heavy Ionized Armor

I am not a moderator or developer and I do not work for ♞KIXEYE in any way, I'm just an Elder of the game

• Deemarie
    Deemarie
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 127
    LarsB wrote: »
    then taking out platoons will be incrediby difficult and less skill is needed in defending them....

No, it just means that people will have to use more strategic attack methods.

I know that if I attack someone then they can't deploy their air units but if THEY attack they can. As has been said before, it's very annoying watching a lower level attack a platoon full of megas and wipe it out with air units when ya know if they used their lower level tanks then they wouldn't be able to LOL.
  • Drako2k0
    Drako2k0
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 1,320
    Deemarie wrote: »

I know that if I attack someone then they can't deploy their air units but if THEY attack they can. As has been said before, it's very annoying watching a lower level attack a platoon full of megas and wipe it out with air units when ya know if they used their lower level tanks then they wouldn't be able to LOL.

I like it like that. it gives anyone who has air a chance top move around the map. There's consequence to leaving your platoon out in the open, and people with megas are NOT the end all know all on the free roaming map. Also even high level players cannot keep medium, small, and tiny deposits without committing their units form the staging area to defend it, giving lower levels a chance to take over deposits for themselves.
    WC User ID: 799779
    Favorite Units: Elite Warhawk (Level 8) - Elite Gatling Truck (Level 8) - Elite Hellfire Tank (Level 8)
    Gun Turrets - Level 10 X8
    Mortar Turrets - Level 10 X6
    Bunkers - Level 5/Level 5
    We plan to add the ability to customize your base and units: more defensive turret options, adding customizations to platoons, and creating new units that are 100% customizable.
  • Monsterlord
    Monsterlord
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Aug 2010 Posts: 614

Mix your platoons. Mega/Herc or Challenger/Gat tag teams are much more difficult to take out with air units.
    The voice of reason's straight-talking, nub-stomping brother.