Question: Staging Area Population Calculations

Krazie243
Krazie243
Unicorn Overlord
Joined May 2010 Posts: 10,669
edited 9 Apr 2012, 1:30PM
I have been wondering for a while what contributes here. I've had instances where returning units increase the amount of used spots in the staging area, but in general it appears that every unit not within my base somehow contributes.

I am also a tad curious about units placed in bunkers.

Can we get some official word on this because I'm suffering a few glitches pertaining mostly to suddenly having more units than possible (according to numbers) and a situation where the numbers over the building itself are NEVER accurate (or even close).
I don't play much anymore =(
  • Tom Borland
    Tom Borland
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined May 2011 Posts: 6,413
    Only units sent into your staging area, or those on the map and in deposits count towards the staging area space
    GNU Terry Pratchett

• Krazie243
    Krazie243
    Unicorn Overlord
    So why do the numbers change when my units return from a trip across the desert? Theoretically they should count whether traveling or inside my base staging area.
  • Mike Thomson
    Mike Thomson
    Incursion Leader
    Joined May 2010 Posts: 1,306
    Have you tried reloading the game?

I had the same issue to the point where I had more troops in my staging area then the current limit but when I reloaded the game it was fixed.
    He's owning you, without spending or hacking. Take the shame :)
  • giopanipi
    giopanipi
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 1,651
    I had 29 Cobras last night, went from 21 in the 1st attack on another platoon, 24 on the second platoon attack and 29 on the third platoon attack. I lost quite a few Cobras so now it's 15 lol.
  • Ben Palmer
    Ben Palmer
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Apr 2011 Posts: 14,383
    giopanipi wrote: »
    I had 29 Cobras last night, went from 21 in the 1st attack on another platoon, 24 on the second platoon attack and 29 on the third platoon attack. I lost quite a few Cobras so now it's 15 lol.
    29... cobras?
    RoyalGuard

• giopanipi
    giopanipi
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 1,651
    Yes, 29 Cobras. And it was between moving my platoon around the desert, and I had 21 to start with. Strange glitch.
  • Q Rich
    Q Rich
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined May 2010 Posts: 37,470
    can you reproduce it? or is it just happening sometimes?
    Please do not contact me directly by Chat or via posts on my profile page. If I cannot deal with it on the forums, it should be taken straight to Support.
  • Krazie243
    Krazie243
    Unicorn Overlord
    It seems to always be happening to the point that I never know the true numbers unless I reload.

Also, there is a severe numbers and visual glitch associated with entering a base/mine view while troops are moving. The last know location will save a 'ghost' of where the troops were when you entered a base as well as duplicating the numbers of the unit within your staging area maximum.

Also, when you put less than 100% of your troops into a base/mine and then from that mine create a platoon what what you dropped, the original platoon doesn't actually lose any units so you wind up with duplication. I only did this once, but the numbers sorted themselves out when my platoons got home. I don't know what would have happened if I attempted to attack someone.

These are just a few of the weirdnesses I've been seeing.
  • Q Rich
    Q Rich
    Unicorn Overlord
    Ok thanks Curtis, that gives me something I can test.
    Please do not contact me directly by Chat or via posts on my profile page. If I cannot deal with it on the forums, it should be taken straight to Support.
  • Krazie243
    Krazie243
    Unicorn Overlord
    Also, WC currently has a 503 Error =(
  • SOPA
    SOPA
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jan 2012 Posts: 232
    It happened to me too.. I had even my platoon dupped. I conquered a deposit and i sent my army in. When i went to the world map again my army was still there. And they was also in the deposit. Lols. The funny thing is that i could even move the army still in the world map and i attacked another depo. After taking the other deposit i ordered this new army to go back to the base and they dissapeared after getting there. The army in the deposit was still there.
  • Q Rich
    Q Rich
    Unicorn Overlord
    hotfixing an issue, should be ok again in a few minutes
  • Bill Graham
    Bill Graham
    Potential Threat
    Joined Mar 2012 Posts: 30
    I was trying to figure out how to reproduce the unit count error last night. It was very random.
    I'd check my Staging Area, and it'd report only the unused units in the Staging Area. Then I'd go to the world map and do stuff. When I'd come back, the Staging Area would be reporting all of my units in the Staging Area and the units out on the map and in resources.
    Once, it was reporting my total units. I went to the world map and made a platoon. I went back in to my base and checked again. It was only reporting the local units. I switched from full screen to windowed mode. It was suddenly reporting my total units. I hadn't even closed the Staging Area window. I just clicked the Full Screen toggle button.

This was yesterday, shortly before a World Map Server crash, and things were lagging. As often as it was happening during the lag, I think it may be something timing out somewhere when it tries to communicate with the map server.

EDIT:
    Also of note:
    I noticed this problem because I had the issue of having more units in the Staging Area than it would hold. It turns out that if you move a bunch of units over while it's only reporting local units, those units stay there when it later adds the units on the world map even if it throws you above your max. That's how the bug has been happening with people's Staging Area's reporting more than their max units, I think.
    My War Commander User ID is: 3340978
     My VEGA Conflict ID: 3719149
  • Randallman
    Randallman
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Mar 2012 Posts: 1,017
    Right before the World Map crash last night 10 of my 13 Cobras vanished upon return to base. When I went to rebuild them (they were not destroyed during battle.... they simply vanished when I returned to my base) I was able to build 21 Cobras and my limit is still the same (13 max is my current limit for Cobras). It was kinda like the game "thought" my missing 10 were still there even though they were gone. Yep.... tried reloading, clearing cache, etc before resigning myself to 20 hours of build time to replace them.

Today I lost a couple of Cobras in battle but I was still able to rebuild to 21. Note that the original replacements described above had (and still have not) completed building all of them.

When I lost my original 10 that vanished, the only thing different that happened was I was constantly being pestered by a joker with the 1 rifleman platoon chasing me around all day & wiping out my platoons. When I returned the original 13 cobras back to my base our platoons crossed the same hex at the same time. He did not catch the platoon and no idea if that had anything to do with my vanishing 10 Cobras.
    WC Preview Game ID 1188403, Firefox, XP Pro, Flash 11,4,402,278
  • Bill Graham
    Bill Graham
    Potential Threat
    Joined Mar 2012 Posts: 30
    Are you really sure that you mean Cobras?

You know they are an air unit, right?
    My War Commander User ID is: 3340978
     My VEGA Conflict ID: 3719149
  • Q Rich
    Q Rich
    Unicorn Overlord
    I've been able to replicate one of the staging staging area issues. I'll try again with the aircraft later today.
  • LarsB
    LarsB
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 15,313
    I've been able to replicate one of the staging staging area issues. I'll try again with the aircraft later today.

Also, my platoon with 8 tnks in it just duplicated a few hours ago. I deployed them in a controlled deposit, and then went out again and suddenly the units were in the deposit, and the platoon with the 8 tanks was still standing outside. So that means i have got 8 free tanks, but i don't think it was meant to be that way. It was a medium oil depo (coords will come after the 503 error is fixed) and the platoon contained 2 laser tanks and 6 challengers.

I already got this bug earlier with 1 riflemen, but that was so little i didn't feel like reporting it, but with 8 tanks it becomes a significant bug that could be exploited by players......
    WC: Lvl: 35 User ID: 933725 Sector: 38
    Prizes won: Elite Rifleman, Elite Heavy Gunner, Attack Dog, Stinger, Shock Trooper, Colossus, Gladiator, Elite Humvee, Honey Badger, Elite Gatling Truck, Elite Shock Tank, Flak Tank, FAV, Elite Laser Tank + Schematic, Elite Hellfire+ Schematic, Elite Mega Tank, Behemoth, Reaper Drone, Elite Warhawk , Havoc, Hellstorm, Kondor, Heavy Ionized Armor

I am not a moderator or developer and I do not work for ♞KIXEYE in any way, I'm just an Elder of the game

• Randallman
    Randallman
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Mar 2012 Posts: 1,017
    Yes.... my available Cobra limit went from 13 max to 21 max after the game glitched and "vanished" 10 of my 13 Cobras when I returned to my base.

Over the last day or so I have lost a few Cobras in battles but still have the 21 cobra max.... even though it should only be 13.
    WC Preview Game ID 1188403, Firefox, XP Pro, Flash 11,4,402,278
  • LarsB
    LarsB
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 15,313
    Randallman wrote: »
    Yes.... my available Cobra limit went from 13 max to 21 max after the game glitched and "vanished" 10 of my 13 Cobras when I returned to my base.

Over the last day or so I have lost a few Cobras in battles but still have the 21 cobra max.... even though it should only be 13.

that's a bug, send a support form.
    WC: Lvl: 35 User ID: 933725 Sector: 38
    Prizes won: Elite Rifleman, Elite Heavy Gunner, Attack Dog, Stinger, Shock Trooper, Colossus, Gladiator, Elite Humvee, Honey Badger, Elite Gatling Truck, Elite Shock Tank, Flak Tank, FAV, Elite Laser Tank + Schematic, Elite Hellfire+ Schematic, Elite Mega Tank, Behemoth, Reaper Drone, Elite Warhawk , Havoc, Hellstorm, Kondor, Heavy Ionized Armor

I am not a moderator or developer and I do not work for ♞KIXEYE in any way, I'm just an Elder of the game

• Keith Crabb
    Keith Crabb
    Greenhorn
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 16
    So is anyone else just randomly losing units? I don't mean destroyed or can't find them, I mean losing as in gone from the game, where there in the count and now they're not. I'm building armor at an annoying rate which, since they're persistant units, I shouldn't have to build replacements for at all. I'm trying to track it down and I think it's happening when you have your maximum platoons deployed and there isn't a slot left to handle the returns to your base but it doesn't seem to be consistant for me.