Alliance War

KIXEYE Swag
KIXEYE Swag
Unicorn Overlord
Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 3,665
edited 6 Jun 2012, 1:10AM
An enhanced Alliance system is being developed to provide greater incentives for teamwork and organized combat. Alliances will have the ability to set "postures" between one another ranging from Allied to War. Here we will describe the current plan for "War":

An Alliance can choose to instigate a war with one other Alliance once per week. War is a mutual posture meaning that both Alliances are set at "War" with each other when war is declared. The target Alliance has no chance to avoid War although they can sue for peace after it has started. Only the Alliance Leader has control over setting Alliance postures and starting a War.

While an Alliance can start only one War per week they can be the target of other Alliance Wars and so could be participating in multiple Wars.

  • Now is the time to suggest ideas to extend the Alliance War feature! We are particularly interested in feedback around the following:
  • War bonuses: special bonuses that are generated from combat between warring Alliances.
  • Victory Conditions: what factors are used to declare a winner.
  • Fair Fights: how to stop large powerful Alliances picking on much lower Alliances.
  • NuclearFallout
    NuclearFallout
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Aug 2011 Posts: 8,431
    Alright sweet Base Bombers declares war on Unity ;)
    "Do not pray for easy lives. Pray to be stronger men."
    - John F Kennedy 

    "If you're explaining, you're losing"
    Ronald Reagan

    No I'm not a moderator
  • oleboy13
    oleboy13
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 1,025
    YAY go Base Bombers ;)
    TrueTexan
    lvl 49
    "Its better to try and fail than fail to try"
    darksun98 wrote: »
    I think the super fortress will be like a unicorn. You know its there but you will probably never see one.
    Event Ships acquired: Corvette, Destroyer, Light Cruiser
  • cola18
    cola18
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 198
    This is a wonderful new feature, my suggestion on the fair fight may be a rank point based on the average level of the players of the alliance and on the number of players. I will think with more time and come back!
    Target wrote: »
    There's an incredible piece of scientific equipment known as the Tunneling Electron Microscope. Now, this microscope is so powerful that by firing electrons you can actually see images of the atom, the infinitesimally minute building block of our universe. If I were using that microscope right now, I still wouldn't be able to locate my interest in your problem.
    The R. wrote: »
    Are you Schrodinger's cat?
  • Captain_Dread
    Captain_Dread
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 1,085
    Base Bombers are gonna be having some fun!! lmao.
    Captain_Dread
  • NuclearFallout
    NuclearFallout
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Aug 2011 Posts: 8,431
    CptDread wrote: »
    Base Bombers are gonna be having some fun!! lmao.
    well we got some problems it mentioned one alliance leader and as you know dread we got 3 i'll have to discuss this with our other 2 leaders.
    "Do not pray for easy lives. Pray to be stronger men."
    - John F Kennedy 

    "If you're explaining, you're losing"
    Ronald Reagan

    No I'm not a moderator
  • Flo
    Flo
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Jun 2011 Posts: 8,586
    lol...5 out of 6 posts about Base Bombers...

    I think there should also be an option to mark other alliances as allies in a war and count their victories together
    Currently playing: Vega Conflict
    Alliance: Galaxy Lords

  • sharpfamily
    sharpfamily
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 1,899
    How will u know who the alliance leaders are????
  • wesker
    wesker
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 5,473
    their should be a few leaders
    Decimate the Weak

    Ships Won: who cares you will see them :D 
    BP-ID: 1824740....lvl 72

  • Captain_Dread
    Captain_Dread
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 1,085
    well we got some problems it mentioned one alliance leader and as you know dread we got 3 i'll have to discuss this with our other 2 leaders.
    I guess the leader should be the founder.
    Captain_Dread
  • sharpfamily
    sharpfamily
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 1,899
    Only the Alliance Leader has control over setting Alliance postures and starting a War.






    HOW WILL U KNOW THE ALLIANCE LEADERS, IM THE LEADER IN MY ALLIANCE, BUT UNLESS THEY TELL U, I DONT SEE HOW U WILL KNOW?
  • NuclearFallout
    NuclearFallout
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Aug 2011 Posts: 8,431
    CptDread wrote: »
    I guess the leader should be the founder.
    The founder is no longer apart of the alliance, there's too much to say so i'll message you on FB
    "Do not pray for easy lives. Pray to be stronger men."
    - John F Kennedy 

    "If you're explaining, you're losing"
    Ronald Reagan

    No I'm not a moderator
  • Flo
    Flo
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Jun 2011 Posts: 8,586
    Only the Alliance Leader has control over setting Alliance postures and starting a War.

    you say that you declare war to the alliance...but only the leader can declare war. You don't need to know who is the other leader




    HOW WILL U KNOW THE ALLIANCE LEADERS, IM THE LEADER IN MY ALLIANCE, BUT UNLESS THEY TELL U, I DONT SEE HOW U WILL KNOW?
    Currently playing: Vega Conflict
    Alliance: Galaxy Lords

  • NuclearFallout
    NuclearFallout
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Aug 2011 Posts: 8,431
    Only the Alliance Leader has control over setting Alliance postures and starting a War.






    HOW WILL U KNOW THE ALLIANCE LEADERS, IM THE LEADER IN MY ALLIANCE, BUT UNLESS THEY TELL U, I DONT SEE HOW U WILL KNOW?
    our alliance is like a confederation and as history tells it doesn't work but we will use popular vote to decide who becomes official leader.
    "Do not pray for easy lives. Pray to be stronger men."
    - John F Kennedy 

    "If you're explaining, you're losing"
    Ronald Reagan

    No I'm not a moderator
  • jayem8ch
    jayem8ch
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 247
    If you are going to provide an alliance feature, u will also need to provide an alliance-only chat, not just sector chat.
  • Captain_Dread
    Captain_Dread
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 1,085
    jayem8ch wrote: »
    If you are going to provide an alliance feature, u will also need to provide an alliance-only chat, not just sector chat.
    +1 for this, also a private chat in-game would be nice so you can plan attacks with buddies.
    Captain_Dread
  • Artillis
    Artillis
    Greenhorn
    Joined Aug 2011 Posts: 17
    What I think would be best to prevent this from happening with this feature is give the smaller alliance a buff. For example, use like the average level for the alliances to determine the difference, and the smaller one may get like a buff in armor on thier ships or a buff in damage. This way it would make it fairer I think.
  • wesker
    wesker
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 5,473
    jayem8ch wrote: »
    If you are going to provide an alliance feature, u will also need to provide an alliance-only chat, not just sector chat.

    i say yes too it will be vary helpfull from spys and attacks on others
    Decimate the Weak

    Ships Won: who cares you will see them :D 
    BP-ID: 1824740....lvl 72

  • Man Tim
    Man Tim
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Jul 2011 Posts: 5,372
    THE BIGGEST CONCERN FOR NOW IS THIS:


    KIXEYE PLEASE STOP TELLING US COMING SOON AND REALLY MAKE IT HAPPEN. IT DOESN'T MATTER HOW GOOD THIS FEATURE IS BECAUSE NOTHING IS PERFECT, BUT DON'T LET PLAYER WAIT, RELEASE IT ONCE IT IS DONE AND PLEASE DO IT FAST!



    Thank you very much swag
    BYM level: 46<47>48|ID: 11207746
    WC level: 28<29>banned|ID: 183
    BP level: 52<53>54|ID: 789488|Name: 1234567890|Sector: 442|
    Raid Prizes won:
    Everything except SS, HailC, and rocket reload thiny :rolleyes:
    KIXEYE logic is the only logic and you ain't never logic'd till you've KIXEYE logic'd.
    eze wrote: »
    The future scares the crap outta me o.O
  • Flo
    Flo
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Jun 2011 Posts: 8,586
    Artillis wrote: »
    What I think would be best to prevent this from happening with this feature is give the smaller alliance a buff. For example, use like the average level for the alliances to determine the difference, and the smaller one may get like a buff in armor on thier ships or a buff in damage. This way it would make it fairer I think.

    no buff...but make that smaller alliances can start a war with big one but not the other way around
    Currently playing: Vega Conflict
    Alliance: Galaxy Lords

  • DJPyro nmo
    DJPyro nmo
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Aug 2011 Posts: 202
    cola18 wrote: »
    This is a wonderful new feature, my suggestion on the fair fight may be a rank point based on the average level of the players of the alliance and on the number of players. I will think with more time and come back!

    i have to agree here with the level of players in each alliance should give the alliance a level based on that and have the same rule as base attacks i.e 5 levels each way or maybe 10 with alliance's as most alliance's i have seen have a lot of lvl 30+ players and the lower alliance's i have seen that i have stood with to help them although i am in BH i helped protect them from enemy alliance's of much higher level players so this is a great idea to keep with the 5 level gap rule already in place.
    User ID: 876523
  • dragyn
    dragyn
    Potential Threat
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 99
    Serious questions:

    What if a player is a member of more than one alliance?
    Would they need to decide which alliance they are going to keep?
    What if those two alliances go to war with each other?
    Will there finally be a way to determine who is a member of what alliance?
  • Captain_Dread
    Captain_Dread
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 1,085
    How about an alliance leader board? When alliances win wars they gain points and will move up the ranks. This will stop all the arguing about what alliance is the best and will make it more competitive.
    Captain_Dread
  • KIXEYE Swag
    KIXEYE Swag
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 3,665
    dragyn wrote: »
    Serious questions:

    What if a player is a member of more than one alliance?
    Would they need to decide which alliance they are going to keep?
    What if those two alliances go to war with each other?
    Will there finally be a way to determine who is a member of what alliance?

    You will only be able to be a member of one alliance at any given time.

    Yes, players will be able to see the name of your alliance.
  • NuclearFallout
    NuclearFallout
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Aug 2011 Posts: 8,431
    dragyn wrote: »
    Will there finally be a way to determine who is a member of what alliance?
    Alliances should be able to get clan tags or whatever Call Of Duty has for 4 digit call signs and it will be set by the alliance leader.
    "Do not pray for easy lives. Pray to be stronger men."
    - John F Kennedy 

    "If you're explaining, you're losing"
    Ronald Reagan

    No I'm not a moderator
  • djmchayes
    djmchayes
    Potential Threat
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 89
    what if a person has a bigger alliance than another but your alliance is spread out so noones close and in the smaller 1 everones close and what if everyone in ur alliance doesnt want to help is there any way u can make them also its really hard to comunicate with each other can we just have an actual alliance chat so we can decide what we want to do faster instead of checking the main news up date on ur alliance page
  • Dread_Pirate_Vitus
    Dread_Pirate_Vitus
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 1,045
    djmchayes wrote: »
    what if a person has a bigger alliance than another but your alliance is spread out so noones close and in the smaller 1 everones close and what if everyone in ur alliance doesnt want to help is there any way u can make them also its really hard to comunicate with each other can we just have an actual alliance chat so we can decide what we want to do faster instead of checking the main news up date on ur alliance page
    To err is human, to REALLY **** things up takes KIXEYE
    .,?!;: ← These are tools, use them. The "Enter" key is your friend as well ;)
    DreadPirateVitus-DS
    #2676563
    Level 33
    Sector 438
    Yeah, I got it all the goodies from BI 3,4,5 and 6 too
  • Man Tim
    Man Tim
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Jul 2011 Posts: 5,372
    point 1: i think there should be some thing similar to bym, like higher HP for turret and ships (+20%), a bit more damage from weapon (+20%). and also you can relocate away any time you want if you are in the battle sector, but once away, you can't come back until 7 days. and maybe a bit more range for each base, which let you reach 2 sectors instead of 1.
    point 2: easy, when other ally surrender. surrender must be voted by more than half of the members. or, both alliance set a damage point, when 1 alliance reach the damage points, they lose.
    point 3: this is very difficult, some big ally like SOS can easily kicked small alliance's ****. i think it should be like this:
    either the alliance with more points (over the other alliance by around 100m) will receive a nerf on all things, or the lower alliance get a buff. the nerf/buff range will be depends on how much stronger is the other alliance. so like SOS attack a 1 player ally, and then sos will get 75% everything off while the 1 player get 50% everything up.
    BYM level: 46<47>48|ID: 11207746
    WC level: 28<29>banned|ID: 183
    BP level: 52<53>54|ID: 789488|Name: 1234567890|Sector: 442|
    Raid Prizes won:
    Everything except SS, HailC, and rocket reload thiny :rolleyes:
    KIXEYE logic is the only logic and you ain't never logic'd till you've KIXEYE logic'd.
    eze wrote: »
    The future scares the crap outta me o.O
  • WarG
    WarG
    Potential Threat
    Joined Aug 2011 Posts: 100
    Plz add a feature so if a person in a bubble attack a fleet the bubble will burst, and not only attacks against bases couse otherwise pple can hide the lower players in allaince. Let them take out guards while bigger players take the bases.
    Your User ID is: 1774072 lvl 34 current sector 470
  • Man Tim
    Man Tim
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Jul 2011 Posts: 5,372
    I wish this talk is not nonsense, i want to see this alliance feature add in instead of another wishlist
    BYM level: 46<47>48|ID: 11207746
    WC level: 28<29>banned|ID: 183
    BP level: 52<53>54|ID: 789488|Name: 1234567890|Sector: 442|
    Raid Prizes won:
    Everything except SS, HailC, and rocket reload thiny :rolleyes:
    KIXEYE logic is the only logic and you ain't never logic'd till you've KIXEYE logic'd.
    eze wrote: »
    The future scares the crap outta me o.O
  • KIXEYE Swag
    KIXEYE Swag
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 3,665
    WarG wrote: »
    Plz add a feature so if a person in a bubble attack a fleet the bubble will burst, and not only attacks against bases couse otherwise pple can hide the lower players in allaince. Let them take out guards while bigger players take the bases.

    This is not The Wishlist. Please stay on topic.
This discussion has been closed.