PLEASE READ! Forum posting rules

• Dark Lord Chuckles
    Dark Lord Chuckles
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Jun 2011 Posts: 3,227
    They do read it....just they do not comment(unless really needed)

Read and take no action.
    Yes, I'm back to playing this game. Someone shoot me.
  • r80354
    r80354
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Feb 2012 Posts: 116
    Greetings Captains,

Welcome to a brand new Battle Pirates forum. The purpose of this new sub-forum is to better keep you informed on future features that are in the planning stages to be implemented into the game. In addition, this is your opportunity to offer feedback about these proposed changes.

Each feature will have its own thread in order to make discussions more focused. Threads that are stickied are features/changes that have not yet been implemented. Threads will be unstuck after the feature goes live (or has been delayed).

This is your chance to be heard and to help shape the future of the game. *As this forum is designed to accurately gather feedback, the following rules must be observed (in addition to the regular forum rules):
    • Keep posts on topic. Any post that deviates from the subject of the thread will be removed.
    • Be specific. Regardless of which stance you take, it always helps to know specifically why you agree or disagree.
    • Criticism must be constructive. Criticism is welcome, but your opinion must be accompanied by a well-reasoned argument.
    • No flame wars. People don’t always agree, but this is not the place for trash talking.
    • Don’t monopolize the conversation. We want to hear a variety of opinions from many different players. Once you have made your point, you don’t need to keep reiterating it.
    • No polls. Please do not try to start or link to a poll on the subject. We are looking for reasoning, not voting numbers.
    • Don’t ask for release dates. In many cases, we will post threads here before the features go through testing, so there will not be a release date associated with it.
    • Keep discussions here. Do not start new threads in the General Discussion forum on the topics here. New threads will omit certain information and shows a disregard for others that have already weighed in on the subject.

Please take note that everything in this forum is subject to change. Features and balancing might be altered due to community feedback and game testing. It might also be possible that proposed features/changes posted here might be indefinitely delayed.

We are really excited to roll out the red carpet for this new forum and we look forward to reading your feedback. Have fun! :cool:

Im sure you guys know that with 136,175 members on the boards and who knows how many times that number are players not on the boards, that the overall opinion of the community will be very difficult to distinguish. Many players come to the boards to growl about something they dont like, while happy players tend to spend more time playing the game... there are a few of us who just like to be social and can fall into either of the previous categories, but mostly its unhappy players that come to be heard.

While i love the idea here to express and debate different arguments and ideas about proposed changes, i just hope that you guys dont use it as a gauge one way or the other no matter how overwhelming a response is as to what the "playerbase" would actually want.
  • KIXEYE Swag
    KIXEYE Swag
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 3,665
    Read and take no action.

Carl, knock it off. Your negative one-liners are not constructive and are completely inaccurate.
  • Flo
    Flo
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Jun 2011 Posts: 8,586
    Carl, knock it off. Your negative one-liners are not constructive and are completely inaccurate.

pawned by a mod
    Currently playing: Vega Conflict
    Alliance: Galaxy Lords

• Evil Hamster
    Evil Hamster
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Nov 2010 Posts: 1,049
    Fack_You wrote: »
    Criticism must be constructive. Criticism is welcome, but your opinion must be accompanied by a well-reasoned argument? Or if Swag doesn't like your thoughts he removes the post!! What happened to freedom of speech???

Really? LOL

Freedom of speech ONLY applies to the government. The government is not supposed to tell people what to say or think.

Scroll up to the top of the page and you'll see who owns this forum. Here, they get to decide what stays and what goes.
    106 (born), 8, 169, 209, 274, 319, 419,  76(current)
  • ronnocbold99
    ronnocbold99
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jan 2012 Posts: 34
    I like this section
    Battle Pirates name: P3-Bold-0564
    Sectors Visited: 90,3,212,161,3,1,3,92,238,92,131,90,131,402,90
    Current sector:90 <
    Home sector
    Level: 40<41>42
    Alliance: BBA (Blood Brothers Alliance)
    don't click this link...
    The third party programs i use is http://bp.tel4u.gr/ (The ultimate shipyard) and i use http://higher-bridge.com/BattlePiratesBaseDesigner/ (Base designer tool) :D
  • Burke
    Burke
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Jun 2011 Posts: 1,005
    Greetings Captains,
    This is your chance to be heard and to help shape the future of the game. *As this forum is designed to accurately gather feedback, the following rules must be observed (in addition to the regular forum rules):
    • Keep posts on topic. Any post that deviates from the subject of the thread will be removed.
    • Keep discussions here. Do not start new threads in the General Discussion forum on the topics here. New threads will omit certain information and shows a disregard for others that have already weighed in on the subject.

If we are meant to take this literally, then it sounds like the intent is to silence discussion on these topics.

Assuming that is not the case, you should bump up the priority on fixing the high-level buddy bubble issues: levels 30 plus rocketing docks then bubbling each other immediately.

You should also implement a revision to the destroyed dock issues: you are locked out for about 4 hours if a level 10 dock gets destroyed and essentially can't do anything during that time. I've seen a few people quit this game and that dock feature is the most common complaint. Scale it so it has some functionality after partial repairs etc. Not paying anything for this type of silliness, especially considering the interaction with the buddy bubble feature. If you want more participation, as you have said is the case, you should address this, promptly.
  • KIXEYE Swag
    KIXEYE Swag
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 3,665
    Burke wrote: »
    If we are meant to take this literally, then it sounds like the intent is to silence discussion on these topics.

Um, if we didn't want people discussing these topics we probably would not even post them. In fact, this forum wouldn't exist at all.
  • Malon Cross
    Malon Cross
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jan 2012 Posts: 53
    You know I read these forums and its getting old this whole "oh my rights are being compromised." Thats a bunch of crap, you little trolls all you do is troll forums looking for every negative thing you could possibly find and post something negative about it. If anything you brought the hammer upon yourselves. If you don't like whats being said close the window, press ALT F, or just change pages. Stop pouting the forums with your complaints, moans and groans about not being fair. This is a gaming forum, not a complaint forum. So take your complaints and other **** and flush it down the toilet where it belongs. For gods sake there is a time and place for everything and this is not it. Go **** somewhere else, and not in the forums people actually READ and have positive replies. Stop clogging up the forums.

IGN DevilsDen lvl 28 sector 286 if you dont like what you read bring it on
  • -Shut-Up-N-Die-
    -Shut-Up-N-Die-
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jun 2011 Posts: 192
    You know I read these forums and its getting old this whole "oh my rights are being compromised." Thats a bunch of crap, you little trolls all you do is troll forums looking for every negative thing you could possibly find and post something negative about it. If anything you brought the hammer upon yourselves. If you don't like whats being said close the window, press ALT F, or just change pages. Stop pouting the forums with your complaints, moans and groans about not being fair. This is a gaming forum, not a complaint forum. So take your complaints and other **** and flush it down the toilet where it belongs. For gods sake there is a time and place for everything and this is not it. Go **** somewhere else, and not in the forums people actually READ and have positive replies. Stop clogging up the forums.

IGN DevilsDen lvl 28 sector 286 if you dont like what you read bring it on

well said +fkn1:D
  • JoeFri85
    JoeFri85
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Jun 2011 Posts: 611
    Lol, what happened to all the threads in this forum? Too much input to handle or did you guys realize that this was turning into another "Coming Soon - Attack Draconian bases!"?
    Folks, the KIXEYE team puts their lives into these games (me included). The simple fact is that we have the luxury of not having to put up with rude **** and disrespect will not be tolerated towards ANY KIXEYE team member. Understood?
  • USS ENTERPRISE
    USS ENTERPRISE
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Jan 2012 Posts: 1,686
    So.....back to the "General Discussion" then?

Sad to see all the threads locked up :(
    Hitman007 wrote: »
    some times we get glitches, but come on, its a great game
    FallOut wrote: »
    Only idea I saw was "We want Dry Dock now" not very good idea.
    Flo wrote: »
    and also it will be easier findable.
  • Trogar
    Trogar
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 13,085
    JoeFri85 wrote: »
    Lol, what happened to all the threads in this forum? Too much input to handle or did you guys realize that this was turning into another "Coming Soon - Attack Draconian bases!"?
    So.....back to the "General Discussion" then?

Sad to see all the threads locked up :(

Read the last post in those threads...o.O
  • wagasasa
    wagasasa
    Greenhorn
    Joined Feb 2012 Posts: 2
    i always loose my mercenary fleets, do something about it.
  • Doombringer31
    Doombringer31
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined May 2011 Posts: 131
    wonder how long it will take for them to get put in game?
  • idglcowboy
    idglcowboy
    Potential Threat
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 56
    I do like the new features. My only problem is that I am still not getting the return to map buttons when I try to join battles. I use my subs for salvage. I often do not connect and end up having to repair them. I wish you guys would have found a way to fix the join glitch that us players with lessers systems encounter constantly before your raised the armor on the subs. I will be spending more time repairing than playing now. Please, at least fix the map button in battle mode so that it is there for me so that I dont have to refresh every time I am denied battle join. I am so bummed right now you would not believe it.
  • Bryan Colman
    Bryan Colman
    Greenhorn
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 1
    hi when do i get the new boats like dreadnot and the rest because i am gettin my **** kicked bad :)
  • daniellprice
    daniellprice
    Greenhorn
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 2
    and fix it so it dont say error creating fleet when you try to send a fleet out
  • nitro215
    nitro215
    Greenhorn
    Joined Aug 2011 Posts: 23
    Allot of things are still a problem, bardges you freeze up in the middle of fights, barges are still red after someone attacks them, glitches for the last 24 hrs. I know you are working on them but when does it end We have lost numerous fleets to these glitches.
  • Ron Valk
    Ron Valk
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Jul 2011 Posts: 1,190
    Swag you asked us to give comment to the bubbling problems..
    then all is introduced and closed...but the bubbling problem is still here..

Sorry to say but to see level 34 bubbling each other didnt really solved the problem of bubbling buddies...

Any comment on that ???
    Kixeye may find itself feeling a bit like Leonard Hofstadter chasing fellow physicist Sheldon Cooper around in the ball-pit — trying to be the mature party — while Sheldon keeps frustratingly dodging Leonard, all the while shouting: “BaZynga
  • JoeFri85
    JoeFri85
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Jun 2011 Posts: 611
    Ron Valk wrote: »
    Swag you asked us to give comment to the bubbling problems..
    then all is introduced and closed...but the bubbling problem is still here..

Sorry to say but to see level 34 bubbling each other didnt really solved the problem of bubbling buddies...

Any comment on that ???

ROFL good luck with that. They are too busy trying to stop their game from going into meltdown to worry about us pissants holding them to their word.
    Folks, the KIXEYE team puts their lives into these games (me included). The simple fact is that we have the luxury of not having to put up with rude **** and disrespect will not be tolerated towards ANY KIXEYE team member. Understood?
  • Admiral_Ackabar
    Admiral_Ackabar
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Jun 2011 Posts: 5,543
    We are revisiting damage protection rules, especially in the case of 0 damage attacks.

http://forums.kixeye.com/threads/192625-Damage-Protection-Post-Update?p=1684401&viewfull=1#post1684401
    BP Alliance: - PNLS -  Dunno bout us? Well ask your Mom, she will fill ya in.

TOME:    -Harbinger Pampei-   Coming Soon.
  • cloudwarrior
    cloudwarrior
    Greenhorn
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 9
    the updates ideas are good. what is wrong now is that i lose fleets in salvs, because i have to refresh every other one, to stop mine and drac ships from merrily spinning across the screen.
    you might need to upgrade your server now, to cope with the extra features.
  • jjs
    jjs
    Greenhorn
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 1
    Dear KIXEYE,

Good day and hope you are fine.

Please, your kind assistance is needed that, when I play the battle pirates their's no sounds...:crying:. Could you please help me or can you give me an advice whats to do....

Thanks you very much and looking forward to hear from your response...

Sincerely yours,:D
    jjs
  • Lone Wolf
    Lone Wolf
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined May 2011 Posts: 780
    jjs wrote: »
    Dear KIXEYE,

Good day and hope you are fine.

Please, your kind assistance is needed that, when I play the battle pirates their's no sounds...:crying:. Could you please help me or can you give me an advice whats to do....

Thanks you very much and looking forward to hear from your response...

Sincerely yours,:D
    jjs

check you sound settings, maybe your browser is muted.
    Counting down to August 28 2012 + 3 Days Headstart.
    My days at FB games are counted. Soon I will move on to the game I like as its entering its final stages of development and beta testing.
    Maybe if some FB games didnt hide behind the beta status my love for these games would still be here.
    This sig is used on all fb game forums I have been active on, nothing personal.
  • Dark Lord Chuckles
    Dark Lord Chuckles
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Jun 2011 Posts: 3,227
    If you are going to delete posts that are critical of how you are doing things, could you at least pay attention to the feedback? It seems like a lot of glitches that you don't seem to be dealing with effectively apparently are tied to either events or massive updates. The problem with self-launching merc fleets started during a revenge raid or base invaders event. The glitch with howies firing beyond their normal range started about the time you did the update that introduced the slide loader and scram jet special. That was also the time the mini-event happened to a compensate people the assault mortar BP fiasco.

Considering that some people in this organization came from Zynga, I hope that the pattern of lousy customer service at Zynga doesn't become a pattern an Kixeye. Zynga continues to crank out new games and features while their flagship games like Mafia Wars continue languish with unresolved bugs. I know you have to keep the game fresh to attract new users, but how many do you lose because of lag or other problems with the gaming experience?
    Yes, I'm back to playing this game. Someone shoot me.
  • Tom Farraj
    Tom Farraj
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jul 2011 Posts: 30
    When are these changes going to start taking effect?
  • AdyW
    AdyW
    Greenhorn
    Joined Feb 2012 Posts: 24
    Would rather see an end to things like the white screen of death mid-battle than ANY new feature or event to be honest. THREE fleets lost due to not being able to see or control them today alone, and this has been going on for WEEKS in my experience.
  • attack
    attack
    Greenhorn
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 12
    yeah when will we be able to attack the drac bases and what is the best mortar
  • bexaminer
    bexaminer
    Potential Threat
    Joined Feb 2011 Posts: 61
    It's great to see and know that you are working on new stuff for the game. But I wonder if anyone is trying to fix any of the glitches the game still has. For one I'm still irritated about losing the D75V. I gathered all the pieces over time. When I got the very last piece I immediately headed back to my base. I cancelled a refit so I could put the D75V on a ship. When I went to select the weapon there was nothing there. I checked the drac building and then I saw that the entire weapon had been lost. Not only was I short 1 piece, but all the pieces were gone and it didn't even show that the weapon had been started. Now that's frustrating and it really made me mad. That is really disappointing. Still nothing from support either, a week after I notified them. Nothing at all. So do you think that before you move on to providing new things you would consider fixing some of the old problems?
This discussion has been closed.