PLEASE READ! Forum posting rules

KIXEYE Swag
KIXEYE Swag
Unicorn Overlord
Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 3,665
edited 23 Apr 2012, 10:00PM
Greetings Captains,

Welcome to a brand new Battle Pirates forum. The purpose of this new sub-forum is to better keep you informed on future features that are in the planning stages to be implemented into the game. In addition, this is your opportunity to offer feedback about these proposed changes.

Each feature will have its own thread in order to make discussions more focused. Threads that are stickied are features/changes that have not yet been implemented. Threads will be unstuck after the feature goes live (or has been delayed).

This is your chance to be heard and to help shape the future of the game. *As this forum is designed to accurately gather feedback, the following rules must be observed (in addition to the regular forum rules):
  • Keep posts on topic. Any post that deviates from the subject of the thread will be removed.
  • Be specific. Regardless of which stance you take, it always helps to know specifically why you agree or disagree.
  • Criticism must be constructive. Criticism is welcome, but your opinion must be accompanied by a well-reasoned argument.
  • No insults, threats or excessive swearing.
  • No flame wars. People don’t always agree, but this is not the place for trash talking.
  • Don’t monopolize the conversation. We want to hear a variety of opinions from many different players. Once you have made your point, you don’t need to keep reiterating it.
  • No polls. Please do not try to start or link to a poll on the subject. We are looking for reasoning, not voting numbers.
  • Don’t ask for release dates. In many cases, we will post threads here before the features go through testing, so there will not be a release date associated with it.
  • Keep discussions here. Do not start new threads in the General Discussion forum on the topics here. New threads will omit certain information and shows a disregard for others that have already weighed in on the subject.

Please take note that everything in this forum is subject to change. Features and balancing might be altered due to community feedback and game testing. It might also be possible that proposed features/changes posted here might be indefinitely delayed.

We are really excited to roll out the red carpet for this new forum and we look forward to reading your feedback. Have fun! :cool:
  • Flo
    Flo
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Jun 2011 Posts: 8,586
    nice idea....just good luck moving all the threads about feedback that are alive here :p

and btw are we not allowed to post here or did you just not change this yet?
    Currently playing: Vega Conflict
    Alliance: Galaxy Lords

• NuclearFallout
    NuclearFallout
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Aug 2011 Posts: 8,431
    no flame wars oh i might have a problem with that with some players.
    "Do not pray for easy lives. Pray to be stronger men."
    - John F Kennedy 

"If you're explaining, you're losing"
    Ronald Reagan

No I'm not a moderator
  • KIXEYE Swag
    KIXEYE Swag
    Unicorn Overlord
    Only mods can create new threads here.
  • NuclearFallout
    NuclearFallout
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Aug 2011 Posts: 8,431
    alright thanks i was wondering if this was open to the general players and users
    "Do not pray for easy lives. Pray to be stronger men."
    - John F Kennedy 

"If you're explaining, you're losing"
    Ronald Reagan

No I'm not a moderator
  • Flo
    Flo
    Unicorn Overlord

then you should remove the poll part as only the OP can post polls

• KIXEYE Swag
    KIXEYE Swag
    Unicorn Overlord
    then you should remove the poll part as only the OP can post polls

There are still people that will probably try to create a poll in GD and link to it.
  • Dread_Pirate_Vitus
    Dread_Pirate_Vitus
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 1,045
    Does this mean I have to stop trolling the GD Forum because the only things of intrest will be discussed here?
    To err is human, to REALLY **** things up takes KIXEYE
    .,?!;: ← These are tools, use them. The "Enter" key is your friend as well ;)
    DreadPirateVitus-DS
    Level 33
    Sector 438
    Yeah, I got it all the goodies from BI 3,4,5 and 6 too
  • carwynpritchard+1
    carwynpritchard+1
    Master Tactician
    Joined Feb 2011 Posts: 2,345
    this section was a good idea
    Hugs'N'Rainbows ****
    BPS2

If i seem nice i am gathering information so i can destroy you
  • Rufi0
    Rufi0
    Incursion Leader
    Joined May 2011 Posts: 1,270
    yep great idea
    User ID is: 152094. Windows 7. Flash 11.3.31.230. Google Chrome
    VIDEOS >> http://www.youtube.com/user/Rufi054
  • OBDARK
    OBDARK
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jul 2011 Posts: 142
    does this mean we are coming out of beta o.O
    DARK-KNIGHT-ORI    LEVEL--58  
  • Flo
    Flo
    Unicorn Overlord
    does this mean we are coming out of beta o.O

After articles we should be in this month

• Michael Middleton
    Michael Middleton
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Jun 2011 Posts: 812

THIS is awesome, helpful for you guys too since it keeps the mind from wandering. Love this new area nice to see what you guys have planned even though this was the last topic I read since it was at the bottom oops
    My piece of Battle Pirates Fan Fiction: http://forums.kixeye.com/threads/125229-The-Battle-Pirates-story Hope you enjoy!!

My second piece of Battle Pirates Fan Fiction[url] http://forums.kixeye.com/threads/196200-Owen-s-shipyard?p=1716922#post1716922 [/url] Hope you enjoy!!!
    Sortar wrote: »
    haha what an idiot..more money for king will and his tribe of merry idiots...you guys complain then just spend more...classic..
  • Flo
    Flo
    Unicorn Overlord
    This sub forum is too interesting and too many people post making I'm here nearly all the time

• Crusher Sec 1
    Crusher Sec 1
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Feb 2012 Posts: 114
    Good and interesting sub forum
    [CENTER]Nunc aut nunquam
    Dutch Pirates never surrender

Home sector: Sector 1 [SIZE=3][B][I]'Better lose a fair fight, then win a fight cheating'[/I][/B][/SIZE][/CENTER]
  • Doombeard
    Doombeard
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 124
    Nice! =)
    Also: "We are looking for reasoning, not voting numbers." If only... IF ONLY this was applied to all aspects of society... :'-(
  • djgrace1156
    djgrace1156
    Greenhorn
    Joined Mar 2012 Posts: 1
    I want to know if it is permitted to attack someone and then move your base to keep the person from getting revenge. I was attacked by 3 different people and when I went to their coordinates and they were not there, how am I supposed to find them.
  • madmaxrem
    madmaxrem
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 155
    Hey swag, I think you folks are implementing some absolutely killer ideas, but I have a few questions perhaps you could answer. I would have posted them in the appropriate categories, but with a lot of the useless drivel some people are posting, you would most likely never find my questions.
    I have 4 simple questions:
    #1 - When are these changes going to start taking effect?
    #2 - By adding a base protection fleet into the equation of base attacks, will the attack timer remain the same or increase?
    #3 - Are the changes you are planning for the predators going to mean insane amounts of time required to repair them, like stalkers?
    and
    #4 - Will the 5 minute speed up button be removed, or will that still remain part of the game?

BTW, I really love the idea of the spectator mode, awesome awesome idea.

Maximum Remington
    ---- Level 90 ----
    War is Hell - William Tecumseh Sherman

• Richarde1957
    Richarde1957
    Greenhorn
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 19
    Some of the new ideas sound good.. But still haven't fixed the mercenary fleets from self launching and disappearing....
  • kingj0n
    kingj0n
    Master Tactician
    Joined Aug 2011 Posts: 2,429
    Now I read this, lol.. I read from the top to the bottom.
    Nice idea Swag, a great direction for the game.
  • captoke
    captoke
    Potential Threat
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 65
    maybe you should fix all the glitches before you add more stuff
  • Sprouts
    Sprouts
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Nov 2010 Posts: 3,716
    I think you should delete all posts by people saying "so when is the feature going to be added?"
    (\(\
    (o.o)
    (")(")*
  • Joshua Ruff
    Joshua Ruff
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 685
    i LOVE this idea XD however i dont understand how the idea thingy works. If a mod sees a nice looking idea from wishlist, it is put onto this thread (by the mod) and people then say their opinions? (hence no polls). i was always thinking of a way how mods could easily read ideas without all the "lets have a ship that does 10k damage" and "lets have carriers even tho the mods gets annoyed by the idea". :D
    (Meh everyone does, so why not....) Won: Interdictor, Striker, Halo, Super Fort, Golliath, Spectre, Cuda, Corvette, Light cruiser, Destroyer.....that is all my friends...
    Level: 50
    Sectors visited: Who cares?...
  • Skylar Jones
    Skylar Jones
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 609
    i LOVE this idea XD however i dont understand how the idea thingy works. If a mod sees a nice looking idea from wishlist, it is put onto this thread (by the mod) and people then say their opinions? (hence no polls). i was always thinking of a way how mods could easily read ideas without all the "lets have a ship that does 10k damage" and "lets have carriers even tho the mods gets annoyed by the idea". :D
    LOL!
    M̶̶o̶̶d̶̶s̶̶.̶̶.̶̶.̶ :p
    Carriers <3
    ȈǸȘǺȠȄ _ȻŁ
  • Dark Lord Chuckles
    Dark Lord Chuckles
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Jun 2011 Posts: 3,227

That means we can only give you feedback on what you dictate, which doesn't seem right.
    Yes, I'm back to playing this game. Someone shoot me.
  • RichterFB
    RichterFB
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined May 2011 Posts: 281
    That means we can only give you feedback on what you dictate, which doesn't seem right.

That is the point. This sub-forum is a means for KIXEYE to ask the community for feedback on specific features prior to release. If you have ideas for other new features, go to the Wishlist sub-forum. For most other game feedback, use the General Discussion sub-forum.
    I have met several intelligent individuals in my lifetime. However, in my experience, people are ignorant and unthinking.

"Answer a fool according to his folly, or he will be wise in his own eyes." (Proverbs 26:5)
  • RichterFB
    RichterFB
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined May 2011 Posts: 281
    One more rule seems appropriate: Read the entire thread before posting to that thread.

Yes, it's a pain, but I've started working on just 1 thread, and in the first 9 pages I'm seeing multiple people asking the same questions and posting the same ideas. Clearly, if they had read through first, they wouldn't have needed to make that post. And without these extra posts, it would be less daunting for the next person to read through everything.
    I have met several intelligent individuals in my lifetime. However, in my experience, people are ignorant and unthinking.

"Answer a fool according to his folly, or he will be wise in his own eyes." (Proverbs 26:5)
  • sirsmokesalot
    sirsmokesalot
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jul 2011 Posts: 80
    Love this new section of the forum
    for the crybaby's visit....http://stfucrybaby.com/page/2/
  • Dark Lord Chuckles
    Dark Lord Chuckles
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Jun 2011 Posts: 3,227
    RichterFB wrote: »
    That is the point. This sub-forum is a means for KIXEYE to ask the community for feedback on specific features prior to release. If you have ideas for other new features, go to the Wishlist sub-forum. For most other game feedback, use the General Discussion sub-forum.

You mean those forums that Kixeye rarely reads?
    Yes, I'm back to playing this game. Someone shoot me.
  • BootyMac
    BootyMac
    Greenhorn
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 11
    Hey guys, how about working on some of the bugs in the game before adding new features. Like ships disappearing during battles, not being able to exit a battle without having to reboot, ships not responding correctly during battle against bases - sometimes the ships just move where they want to go not where you tell them to got. Thanks for your consideration.
  • Flo
    Flo
    Unicorn Overlord
    You mean those forums that KIXEYE rarely reads?

They do read it....just they do not comment(unless really needed)

This discussion has been closed.