Found the main problems why BP causes latency problems

bees
bees
Force to be Reckoned With
Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 1,999
edited 11 Jan 2012, 5:31AM
The comms make the game lagg so when you refresh the game stabiles until the chat builds upp again. So there for i ask for a button or option to turn off chat before a base battle, since the core problem is the comms.

Flashplayer is a really bad engine and dont handle to many things. My CPU usage on flash players when i play BP starts on 11% and can get so high as 265%, that i sick and my computer is only 9 months old can i can run heavy computer games and don't get over 30%
  • moforocks
    moforocks
    Joined Jul 2011 Posts: 1,827
    Hmmm! GOod infI, thank you!
    TheMOFO_Resurrected
    YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/Marcnstacy214?feature=guide
    **** HAPPENS, when you fall down, get back up!
  • bees
    bees
    moforocks wrote: »
    Hmmm! GOod infI, thank you!

np :)
  • lerick545
    lerick545
    Master Tactician
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 2,307
    bees wrote: »
    The comms make the game lagg so when you refresh the game stabiles until the chat builds upp again. So there for i ask for a button or option to turn off chat before a base battle, since the core problem is the comms.

Flashplayer is a really bad engine and dont handle to many things. My CPU usage on flash players when i play BP starts on 11% and can get so high as 265%, that i sick and my computer is only 9 months old can i can run heavy computer games and don't get over 30%

265%? care to elaborate on that lol
  • smarcusm
    smarcusm
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Jul 2011 Posts: 1,013
    ya this game is a massive memory hog,my desk top wont even load it lol,i use a 8 memory with graphics card gaming laptop just to handle it lol
    ARES
    Level 58 
    Winner of the HH-A,HH-B,Cuda,Spectre,Battle Cruiser,Battleship,Strike Cruiser,Dread X,Super Fortress,Dict,MC,MCX,Mercury 

Sect-to many to know or count 
    Alliances,Bramm
     Dam you kixeye for being so greedy with a awesome game that i cant seem to leave
  • lerick545
    lerick545
    Master Tactician
    smarcusm wrote: »
    ya this game is a massive memory hog,my desk top wont even load it lol,i use a 8 memory with graphics card gaming laptop just to handle it lol
    all flash games are memory hungry. it is recommended to restart your browser every once in a while.
  • bees
    bees
    lerick545 wrote: »
    265%? care to elaborate on that lol

Yeah 265% ,, if you go into activate monitor you can see how much CPU your flash player is using at the moment. If it is moderate chatting inn comms i have 125-135 CPU usage, if i do base busting while people chatting a lot i had 265% CPU usage i can also make a video off it if you wan a see it with your own eyes?
  • lerick545
    lerick545
    Master Tactician
    bees wrote: »
    Yeah 265% ,, if you go into activate monitor you can see how much CPU your flash player is using at the moment. If it is moderate chatting inn comms i have 125-135 CPU usage, if i do base busting while people chatting a lot i had 265% CPU usage i can also make a video off it if you wan a see it with your own eyes?

your CPU usage cant go over 100% even if you have multiple cores it still reads 0-100%
  • KIXEYE Swag
    KIXEYE Swag
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 3,665
    You could also try to increase the memory of your Flash player. Right-click on the game and you should be able to increase the memory.
  • aefi
    aefi
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 1,133
    swag beat me to it...
  • Perbrill
    Perbrill
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Jul 2011 Posts: 806
    Excellent info, trying the solution now.

• bees
    bees
    lerick545 wrote: »
    your CPU usage cant go over 100% even if you have multiple cores it still reads 0-100%

ok i gonna post a picture if you have problems by understanding it....

Attachment not found.

in that picture you can see the CPU usage is 135% on flash player while i play BattlePirates.
  • bees
    bees
    You could also try to increase the memory of your Flash player. Right-click on the game and you should be able to increase the memory.

Thx gonna try that :)
  • Rufi0
    Rufi0
    Incursion Leader
    Joined May 2011 Posts: 1,270

care to elaborate a little more for us less tech savvy players?

<<<<<<<<< noob
    User ID is: 152094. Windows 7. Flash 11.3.31.230. Google Chrome
    VIDEOS >> http://www.youtube.com/user/Rufi054
  • bees
    bees
    Rufi0 wrote: »
    care to elaborate a little more for us less tech savvy players?

<<<<<<<<< noob

Think he mean right click
    > on your game and choose ----> settings then go to the third folder and increase the amount of information from kixeye to ----> unlimited.

Picture under show it.

Attachment not found.
  • kingj0n
    kingj0n
    Master Tactician
    Joined Aug 2011 Posts: 2,429
    I've always done that from the beginning, but never saw a difference. To think of it, ever since I did that, my fleets are worse..

Anyways, to a normal PC, you cannot go over 100%.
    Maybe in a different program, it'll show that the computer is using more than it can... somehow.. I'd stop using that program for giving false information, TBO. I remember seeing a program like that, what program are you using to see that info?

Maybe, if you had more cores, it adds up all cores into 1 making an illusion of using more than possible.

But MOST people would use the task manager/resource monitor to see the usage which shows true values because it is impossible for a single computer to go over 100% usage on a CPU unless they add each core together.
    First core is using 94% while the other 3 cores are using 2%, 10%, and 20%. It doesn't really make it use 146% because it is all together.

Better to show that 1st core is using 90-100% usage, 2nd core is using 90-100% usage, and the 3rd and 4th are using around 25-35%.
    Instead of showing 256%
    But it'll be around 50-70% true CPU usage.. or whatever...