Solution to the problems that fuel boosters have caused BASES/FLEETS

Giganticyankee
Giganticyankee
Greenhorn
Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 18
edited 10 Jan 2012, 11:07PM
not only this fuel booster have left bases harder to defend it has also made HB3 useless that we spent alot of time/money researching and balance of power has shifted once again towards hackers they need to fix this problem ASAP
i have a solution for all this mess tho
make thuds range 51
give HB3 added range of 70% instead of 50%
nerf CUTLESS and D53 range to 66

and problem is solved for bases and fleet to fleet power imbalance
"achievement are more satisfying when you earn them"

game name W_GiganticYankee
sect.443
alliance. THE WOLVERINES aka Ws
have everything from quota system on.....
  • Toy Jun Kie
    Toy Jun Kie
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 1,259
    not only this fuel booster have left bases harder to defend it has also made HB3 useless that we spent alot of time/money researching and balance of power has shifted once again towards hackers they need to fix this problem ASAP
    make thuds range 51

Or just reduce the booster range to a manageable # for base designing.Better yet give us more land and bigger area to build our bases.
  • Scurvy_John
    Scurvy_John
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Aug 2011 Posts: 222
    Or, just redesign your base and roll with it. Missiles may have longest range, but also have lowest DPS/weight ratio and are prone to a defensive turret that is far more effective to missiles than bombard is to mortars.
    Flibble, I'm a banana
  • lerick545
    lerick545
    Master Tactician
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 2,307
    make thuds range 51

there will always be something new that will make some weapons weaker. thuds will get replaced with missiles and im sure somewhere missiles will get replaced aswell.
    and what you propose is rediculas that would make thuds range 86. thats higher then the previous HB3 so HELL NO
    thuds still have higher DPS then missiles just fit ships with RA and just rush in.
  • Sgt_Humpy
    Sgt_Humpy
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Apr 2011 Posts: 3,451
    make thuds range 51

No need to nerf it all, just build a better thud fleet!.
    D53 is 75% acc, add RA III and Scrambler on ya SW with a HB3 your thuds are still winning.

This game changer, really did change the game, nothing is THE BEST anymore, everything can be countered with the right setup. Stop being lazy, and find the counter tactic. :)
    Go to the War Room or Player Guides and learn.
    Improvise, adapt and overcome to conquer
    Last hull won: Destroyer ECM
    Sgt_Humpy's video feed

• lerick545
    lerick545
    Master Tactician
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 2,307
    [QUOTE=Marck Pf
  • Vancouver Jimmy
    Vancouver Jimmy
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Aug 2011 Posts: 1,553

Your assumptions are wrong I'm sorry. My base has lost very little, it protects OP, warehouses AND the Dock from assault missile sniping. I've had several good players try it and they have failed. Been more months than I can count before someone got in. I ain't posting it to prove it. I'm level 32 and very few even try it now. NOT in a big boy sector however so I admit I haven't seen all the big toys! Yes it has weaknesses like they all do.

My HB/Thud wolves destroyed a HH2 fleet with assaults and booster 3's...they are far from useless and I doubt your even have them Gigantic.

Hackers have gained no power they didn't have before. They get to pick the combo they like...same today as yesterday.

Your 'solution' leaves NO advantage to missiles...just like it was before boosters.
    The uncensored Battle Pirates Forum...

http://tinyurl.com/d5bhmhs
  • KIXEYE Swag
    KIXEYE Swag
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 3,665
    Hey guys, just made a post that I think pertains to this conversation: http://forums.kixeye.com/threads/154899-Feedback-Regarding-Base-Additions
  • Giganticyankee
    Giganticyankee
    Greenhorn
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 18
    nothing is best now and nothing was best before anything could have been beaten with right tactics my solution was for all you who were complaining about new changes my research for booster 2 is about done and in about 10 days i will be refitting my fleets with booster 3, i dont care about these changes as im almost at level 30 and can research build anything in few days i was concerned about lower level players who are being farmed and their miner fleets being destroyed by idiots with new toys
    "achievement are more satisfying when you earn them"

game name W_GiganticYankee
    sect.443
    alliance. THE WOLVERINES aka Ws
    have everything from quota system on.....
  • WhenEvilComes
    WhenEvilComes
    Master Tactician
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 2,237
    make thuds range 51

NO NEED for all that... just make the booster where the range of them with cutlass and the dracs assaults is maxed at 86

• paulatntc
    paulatntc
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined May 2011 Posts: 456
    Or as some one else posted put ra3 on a fleet and kill them lol. Those same noobs were getting raped by people with hb3 . This sounds more like a whine