how are the wapons on your merc chosen??

lrb
lrb
Minor Nuisance
Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 158
edited 10 Jan 2012, 8:19PM
hey,
i want to now how the wapons on your merc are chosen,
i have heart some ppl say it depends on your latest res wapons,
others say it depends on your lvl,
others say it depends on your flt's...

(there are even ppl who deliberatly wait whit res some wapons to the last cos they tink that that will be the waepon that will be on your merc...)

anyone nows?
pl tell me
  • RazorUK
    RazorUK
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Jun 2011 Posts: 1,348
    I think they apply highest damage weapons first, then depending on what weight is remaining works down that order....
  • Therrash
    Therrash
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 1,529
    Considering the last two things I researched were Cutlass lvl 4 and PM lvl 4 and that's all that's on my merc, I'm assuming it's the last two weapons you researched for ships.
    Treenail wrote: »
    I'm still laughing that an "ambush" is considered "unfair" in a pirate game.
    User I.D. 1560232
    OS - OSX for Mac
    Flash player - updated as of 11/9/12
    Browser used - Safari
    Lvl 56
    Sector 253
  • lrb
    lrb
    Minor Nuisance
    i have res cut 2 and 3 (as the last 2 wapons res) so i wil give a anser to that option very shortly
  • aefi
    aefi
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 1,133
    only god knows..
    i researched cuts4 and my mercs went from pm3 to cuts. then i researched maelstorm and hydra and they still have cuts
    atm my merc fleet is
    2bb with 1(one) PM each
    and 3 Levi with 2 cuts and 1 ripper each..
    aka useless
  • RazorUK
    RazorUK
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Jun 2011 Posts: 1,348
    you have to account for armour weight... then the weapons...
  • aefi
    aefi
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 1,133
    i guess that would be the case cuz i finished researching du4
  • KIXEYE Swag
    KIXEYE Swag
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 3,665
    I've asked this question and have been told that it is a complex formula that takes many factors into account including what ships you have in your inventory, what level they are, what weapons they have, a few other factors and a small random element. In short, it would take a mathemagician (no, that's not a typo) to properly explain it, and probably only a few would understand it.
  • Therrash
    Therrash
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 1,529
    I've asked this question and have been told that it is a complex formula that takes many factors into account including what ships you have in your inventory, what level they are, what weapons they have, a few other factors and a small random element. In short, it would take a mathemagician (no, that's not a typo) to properly explain it, and probably only a few would understand it.

you should post it I like problem solving and equations... you could make a game out of it and the winner gets cookies!!!!!
    Treenail wrote: »
    I'm still laughing that an "ambush" is considered "unfair" in a pirate game.
    User I.D. 1560232
    OS - OSX for Mac
    Flash player - updated as of 11/9/12
    Browser used - Safari
    Lvl 56
    Sector 253
  • Farley
    Farley
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined May 2011 Posts: 674
    Thanks for that Swag, I and many others have often wondered.
  • IcenI 53
    IcenI 53
    Joined Jun 2011 Posts: 1,644
    What are wapons ?
    Old players don't know best !
  • lrb
    lrb
    Minor Nuisance
    tnx for the anser swag :)
    so its kinda usles to put off sertain wapon res to have on your merc
    (it dous not work like that)
  • yellowleadbetter
    yellowleadbetter
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jul 2011 Posts: 35
    I stopped researching weapons and started rocket research because i spent the other time upgrading other things more important so i think. Ah, it was the shockwave, i found it the first week, but anyway for over two months I was stuck with ripper 4's on my levi, and cutless 4's on my merc flt. I believe your last armor researched is the armor on your ships and they wieght of last armor and weight of weapons are taken into account because I only had 3 ripper 4's on my levi's and 2 cutless 4's on the barges. They are both heavy weapons. So I believe it is the last two weapons you researched, I have now i did peace 3's awhile ago and lost the cutless's.
  • logansan
    logansan
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined May 2011 Posts: 736

In other words, no one has a feckin clue, just roll with what you get.
    Spack wrote: »
    Jesus H, it's like trying to edumacate pork.....
    If playing Battle Pirates taught me anything, it's:
    You can please some people most of the time, and you can please most people some of the time, but you will never, ever be able to keep those bitchy little whiners who inhabit yours forums from having a cry about every single thing you ever do (or don't do).

http://chatspace.org.uk/flash/bp.html
  • KIXEYE Swag
    KIXEYE Swag
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 3,665
    Farley wrote: »
    Thanks for that Swag, I and many others have often wondered.

You are quite welcome, sir.
  • Jw-Drowning
    Jw-Drowning
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 1,535

All I know is mine sucked, yesterday I finished cutlass 4's, now its pretty cool. 3 ff with cutlass 4 ripper 4. 2 levei with pm4. Not bad for a merc
    JW-Drowning Leader of: The Drowning

Raid Ships Won:Hammer Head A,Battle Cruiser,Light Cruiser,Strike Cruiser,Destroyer,Dreadnought, Barracuda, Goliath,Interdictor
    Send In A Ticket
    So, I see that square base, roll up and flatten it. Suddenly there's sector police everywhere, the noob is crying on coms and everyone's looking at me like I'm the bad guy? Shoulda built a better base. I'm also not allowed back in that neighborhood.
  • AJtheImpaler
    AJtheImpaler
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Aug 2011 Posts: 173
    When I researched Hydra IVs, that was the weapon on my FFs on my merc fleet. After I got cutlass IV, it switched to those. I'm purposely skipping the PMIV research until AFTER I get the maelstrom IV researched (and I'm only doing that so I can later use the siege rockets, no interest in using the maelstrom). I hope that my merc fleet will have PMIV as the main weapon and PMIII as the secondary. They will be worthless as a fvf ships but decent for prepping a base.
    Level 33 Current Sector: 283 Home Sector: 256
  • lrb
    lrb
    Minor Nuisance
    i tink swag made it clear that the ORDER of res has NO influens on your merc (only the res wapons have)
  • spicer-70
    spicer-70
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 1,945
    would it be poss to make it so you can select a main weapon for your merc? ie, launch fleet then provide a choice of PMs, Maels, Cuts, etc? I know this is a wishlist type of thing, but figured it's relevant to the present topic :P