Cheats

cr1971
cr1971
Greenhorn
Joined Jul 2011 Posts: 16
edited 11 Jan 2012, 5:48AM
Well, Kixeye I have to say its been Grand you have taken alot of my time and money over the last almost year now.. I have run into one to many hackers and lack of support from Kix on these issues has come to a head for me .. I have won 4 consecutive Raids I even reported to you the program they use to cheat I am done paying for your upgrades your repairs everything you charge for.... When you can control the cheats maybe I would consider playing a game you bring out... You have lost one of the heaviest coiners you had in the game! Gladd I could help you along I just wish instead of 4 raids and new researches for rockets you could have spent my money on defending your game against cheats ... although I am glad you posted you killed close to 500 bases for cheating in the last raid... I can tell you this much if you banned 500 there is probably 1000 more out there.. Every sector I go to I run into some jack **** that has a hack.... I am severely disappointed in your lack of efforts to control this... I would never have coined this game not one penny if I would have known you could care less about your players that are legit... I hope Everyone that reads this that is a coiner will stop coining in your game or continue in any raids until you stop inventing new crap instead of fixing the gaping hole you have in security in your game.... I am done

CR
  • cr1971
    cr1971
    Greenhorn
    oh I forgot Swiss cheese has less holes than your security lol
  • Grizzler
    Grizzler
    Greenhorn
    Joined May 2011 Posts: 4
    The kids College Fund will be safe now, everyone rejoice!
  • grrr
    grrr
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jun 2011 Posts: 90
    As you can see Kixeye only care for the coin and nothing else. I to have put a lot of coin in this game to and report any hacks I see but nothing ever gets done about it and I don't even get a reply back. No coin from me till you guys pull your fingers out your **** and start doing something about the hacks and alts. SIMPLE.
  • RemyH
    RemyH
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jan 2012 Posts: 17
    Dear Cr1971, You must be the biggest idiot known to gaming. Now, I know its difficult and frustrating when you encounter a cheater. Doubly so when you're a coiner, but Id like to just let you know exactly how difficult it would be to catch all the "script kidz" running around fing this game up. Well lets just say there would be no battle pirates. You should be thankful that you can play a mmorpg that is 100% browser based and you don't have to **** about a bill every month or downloading the software. because this game is browser based it means it is vulnerable to alot of basic form of tampering nothing close to hacking my dim-witted friend. Even you could have been the cheater. The site get billions of hits ever day. millions of those commit basic tampering, thousands of those are good at manipulating the game, and a handful of those are just down right **** untouchable. So unless you want to be apart of the solution, shut the f up. Its not that easy. You should have thought of that before you started coining a browser game.
    Sector 474 "Bastards"
    "So Say We All!"
    http://forums.kixeye.com/showthread.php?t=261408 << My fanfic Hope you enjoy!
  • logansan
    logansan
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined May 2011 Posts: 736
    I see, so they start cracking down, get rid of nearly 500 hackers.... but that's just not good enough for some people. The longest journey begins with a single step folks. Kixeye have taken that step and will continue stepping but instead of thanking them you spit in their eye... way to encourage future steps, I'd hate to be your kids if thats your approach to getting the behaviours you want out of em.

Big deal a business cares about its bottom line, you all make it sound like a crime to turn a profit.

Grow up.
    Spack wrote: »
    Jesus H, it's like trying to edumacate pork.....
    If playing Battle Pirates taught me anything, it's:
    You can please some people most of the time, and you can please most people some of the time, but you will never, ever be able to keep those bitchy little whiners who inhabit yours forums from having a cry about every single thing you ever do (or don't do).

http://chatspace.org.uk/flash/bp.html
  • cr1971
    cr1971
    Greenhorn
    Well they just lost there profit from me and hopefully many other coiners... Maybe they will take the message to heart ... Oh and Remy H I do understand the logistics of how this game works.. I just think they could be doing more to thwart the hackers.. they do not even respond to most peoples messages any longer and seriously 500 ? I noticed no less than 5 players in the last RR on the top 100 list that have been banned several times.. The legends list says it all Kix does not even remove them from that list ... I know they can not get rid if it the way the game is set now I am just saying rather than all the new stuff they could focus a weeee bit more on these guys thats all ... I send in an e-mail and get no responce for 2-3 weeks if at all sometimes .... you can say what you like but if enough players like me leave the game or stop coining they will feel the pinch ...
  • mpurdy17
    mpurdy17
    Greenhorn
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 6
    Would have to say I agree with you CR1971.. I send in complaints with photo evidence and everything KIXEYE asks for and get nothing back in return. I myself have been at wits ends with this game lately. I put in and get nothing back. If there is room on your soap box CR I might stand up there with you and take a stand!
  • Spooky
    Spooky
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jul 2011 Posts: 54
    check out the rising rovers list. If say it takes $1000 to coin 30mil xp in a week i would guess more like $1500 then anyone who has not spent that amount of money needs to be looked at. I coined a bit last week and farmed alot made 20mil xp i was in 1700 place on rising rovers so lets take a look at the 1699 above me im sure some are legit but im guessing most arnt. 500 players banned is a start but we need more. I understand that monitoring a million players is difficult and with the browser based format its difficult to protect against a programme like fiddler or Charles but while they accept out money they have a duty to make it a fair, and for everyones moaning and **** about CC players with out us you have no game Money makes the world go round and i have no proba with kixeye turning a profit but for me personally i think before adding more items to research solid fuel boosters etc they need to clean house and get **** in order
    " You want a toe? I can get you a toe, believe me. There are ways, Dude. You don't wanna know about it, believe me. "

" Yeah, but Walter... "

"Hell, I can get you a toe by 3 o'clock this afternoon... with nail polish. These **** amateurs... "
  • Spooky
    Spooky
    Potential Threat
    Atlantis 170mil xp in a week **** off lol
    " You want a toe? I can get you a toe, believe me. There are ways, Dude. You don't wanna know about it, believe me. "

" Yeah, but Walter... "

"Hell, I can get you a toe by 3 o'clock this afternoon... with nail polish. These **** amateurs... "
  • mpurdy17
    mpurdy17
    Greenhorn
    Oh and KIXEYE you can start here this base is in sector 128 coords are 76332,519
    Hacker.jpg
  • Michael Rega
    Michael Rega
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Jul 2011 Posts: 2,878
    Atlantis is definitely a hack as is sexymama who runs with that base. I ran into those bases when I was in 499. They came to 500 tried to hit me repeatedly but had no clue how to attack a fleet or a base and they were only lvl 33 & 32 at the time. They would attack my base with ripper fleets over & over again. It was pretty comical. In less than an hour they lost over 20 fleets as they just kept sending them back even though two of us were sinking them fast. You'd think someone at that lvl would have a clue on how to hit a base or FvF.
    Level 81 Home Sector: 31 / Current Sector: Retired / Sectors Visited: 13 (2), 19, 31 (18), 34, 49 (2), 70, 78, 82, 105, 107, 108, 122 (4), 123 (2), 124, 127, 133, 134, 143, 148, 156, 183, 185, 192 (2), 206, 207, 213 (2), 221 (2), 225, 229 (2), 235 (2), 236, 241, 255 (2), 263, 265, 268, 269, 273 (2), 281, 288, 299, 300, 309, 321, 328, 334, 336 (2), 337, 349 (3), 360, 377, 381 (2), 390, 405, 414 (5), 416, 419, 440, 445, 475, 499 (2), 500
    Alliances: PKC, TLW, KR, ****, RBCS
  • Spooky
    Spooky
    Potential Threat
    Atlantis is definitely a hack as is sexymama who runs with that base. I ran into those bases when I was in 499. They came to 500 tried to hit me repeatedly but had no clue how to attack a fleet or a base and they were only lvl 33 & 32 at the time. They would attack my base with ripper fleets over & over again. It was pretty comical. In less than an hour they lost over 20 fleets as they just kept sending them back even though two of us were sinking them fast. You'd think someone at that lvl would have a clue on how to hit a base or FvF.

Actually no i woudnt bro probably been playing a week they may have massive lvls and any ships/upgrades they want but i havent met too many hackers who actually had any game lol

" Yeah, but Walter... "

• Goldisking
    Goldisking
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jan 2012 Posts: 8
    Dear KIXEYE I only hope you fix this, i know alot of people playing this game and have spent some good money too, its a fun game but come on really KIXEYE get back to peoples emails in a timely matter ,,, thank you ....
  • Jalex
    Jalex
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 289
    The Leader Boards haven't been reset since RR3, so the number's can be deceiving, that being said I have noticed a lot of names go missing.

They do reply to reports sent. This is a C & P of a reply I received a day or two after reporting a suspected hacker.

"We will investigate your report, and if there is any cheating or illegitimate activity found, we will take appropriate action. Please note that per our privacy policy, we are not able to reveal the results of our investigation."
    (58) Jalex [UN2] Sec - 87
  • danarchy
    danarchy
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jan 2012 Posts: 41
    Thank you RemyH for your overdue answer. I hate when people cry about **** that is going to exist no matter what. Jehovah's witnesses preach the bible door to door because they believe the system will fail. Gamers **** cry and **** and do nothing to change it.
  • Goldisking
    Goldisking
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jan 2012 Posts: 8
    LMAO people just come out of the wood work to make comments and insults about others lol .... nothing better to do i see lol ..... o.O
  • kingj0n
    kingj0n
    Master Tactician
    Joined Aug 2011 Posts: 2,429
    I reported a few and they seemed to have taken care of them very quickly.
    Some within that day.
  • RazorUK
    RazorUK
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Jun 2011 Posts: 1,348
    cr1971 wrote: »
    Well, Kixeye I have to say its been Grand you have taken alot of my time and money over the last almost year now.. I have run into one to many hackers and lack of support from Kix on these issues has come to a head for me .. I have won 4 consecutive Raids I even reported to you the program they use to cheat I am done paying for your upgrades your repairs everything you charge for....

Kixeye never forced you to spend your money they wasn't any conditions in doing that either you as many people who spend money on BattlePirates may be annoyed at the fact the hackers are winning the fight in sheer numbers, But it's totally unfair to claim that there's a lack of support on the subject in light of recent events with regards to cheaters & hackers.
    When you can control the cheats maybe I would consider playing a game you bring out... You have lost one of the heaviest coiners you had in the game! Gladd I could help you along I just wish instead of 4 raids and new researches for rockets you could have spent my money on defending your game against cheats ... although I am glad you posted you killed close to 500 bases for cheating in the last raid... I can tell you this much if you banned 500 there is probably 1000 more out there..

In fairness flash programs do have terrible security issue's, as do many other types of software for example Modern Warfare sold around 13million copies, yet closer to 15million was trying to gain access to the companys online servers. Most will see that as piracy but the cracks required to make those copied version are nothing short of an hackers work.

500 caught with 1000 more out there somewhere, Kixeye have to start somewhere, and chances are your going to get a lot of repeat offenders... I understand your point and I've slowed my spending rate dramatically because of it. but blame the right people... At the end of the day you talk of losing some of the biggest coiners, they banned a coiner for cheating....
    Every sector I go to I run into some jack **** that has a hack.... I am severely disappointed in your lack of efforts to control this... I would never have coined this game not one penny if I would have known you could care less about your players that are legit... I hope Everyone that reads this that is a coiner will stop coining in your game or continue in any raids until you stop inventing new crap instead of fixing the gaping hole you have in security in your game.... I am done

I think they have proved that they care, and are taking action... Kixeye probably will admit themselves there's more work to be done. But hey your decision to make, take care sailor...
  • IcenI 53
    IcenI 53
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Jun 2011 Posts: 1,644
    kingj0n wrote: »
    I reported a few and they seemed to have taken care of them very quickly.
    Some within that day.

Same here King and EVERY cheat I see will be reported and screenshotted ! I have had replies in all correspondence from Kixeye within 24 hours
    Old players don't know best !
  • Ron Valk
    Ron Valk
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Jul 2011 Posts: 1,190
    I think when you read the disclaimer good, tells me how kixeye keeps there backs safe.
    to read this i really found it sad that they try with a disclaimer to keep their back safe.

4. Disclaimers, exclusions and limitations
    4.1 KIXEYE PROVIDES THE SERVICE ON AN “AS IS” BASIS. KIXEYE DOES NOT REPRESENT OR WARRANT THAT THE SERVICE OR ITS USE (i) WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY OR SECURE, (ii) WILL BE FREE OF BUGS, INACCURACIES OR ERRORS, (iii) WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS, (iv) WILL OPERATE IN THE CONFIGURATION OR WITH THE HARDWARE OR SOFTWARE YOU USE, OR (iv) WILL BE ACCURATE OR RELIABLE. KIXEYE HEREBY DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, WARRANTIES OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, MERCHANTABILITY AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
    Kixeye may find itself feeling a bit like Leonard Hofstadter chasing fellow physicist Sheldon Cooper around in the ball-pit — trying to be the mature party — while Sheldon keeps frustratingly dodging Leonard, all the while shouting: “BaZynga
  • pompalini
    pompalini
    Greenhorn
    Joined Aug 2011 Posts: 6
    I've reported some guys using cheats also but when I saw that they would simply make another facebook account and then come back a day later with another level 30 or more, just like that I stopped reporting... It's sad that Kixeye doesnt seem to be very involved in doing something about this.
    I mean really?
    I've seen how they catch a hacking account and its lame, very lame.
    I didnt stop playing just yet but until you sort this BS out... NO coins for you!
    IHSDI-pompalini
    ID: 575242
    \/0|4Life!
  • KIXEYE CS Xandamere
    KIXEYE CS Xandamere
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Aug 2011 Posts: 1,120
    We definitely understand why this is frustrating for players. Believe me, it's frustrating for us, too - our CS department spends a large part of its day tracking down and banning cheaters, which means we have less time to assist legitimate players. It sucks.

The bad news is, securing an online game isn't something that can be done overnight. We've been working on it, and we have several different angles of attack that we're working on.

The good news is, the new tools we're getting look, frankly, amazing. I was just shown 2 of them yesterday, and I'm confident that when they're finished and online, we're going to see a serious decrease in hacking issues almost immediately.

Again, I know it sucks to see it right now, but please trust that we're working on this as hard as we can, and you'll see some significant improvements very soon.
    Kixeye Customer Service

Fortis fortuna adiuvat
  • Ron Valk
    Ron Valk
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Jul 2011 Posts: 1,190
    My suggestion in this would be, wait then till add new stuff, till this problem is 99 procent under control, or else you need to start all over again, with all the complains with it.

The problem would be when new things will be added, people who pay for it, will getting confused for hackers.
    They are having the latest things much faster, and will confuse lots of people.

As for example we have now a good guidline that with all we have, a level 40 fleet is now the max to achieve.
    When add new stuff, also say that from that day on its possible to see a level fleet higher.

this will help you and us to know who plays fair and who is not
    Kixeye may find itself feeling a bit like Leonard Hofstadter chasing fellow physicist Sheldon Cooper around in the ball-pit — trying to be the mature party — while Sheldon keeps frustratingly dodging Leonard, all the while shouting: “BaZynga
  • logansan
    logansan
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined May 2011 Posts: 736
    We definitely understand why this is frustrating for players. Believe me, it's frustrating for us, too - our CS department spends a large part of its day tracking down and banning cheaters, which means we have less time to assist legitimate players. It sucks.

The bad news is, securing an online game isn't something that can be done overnight. We've been working on it, and we have several different angles of attack that we're working on.

The good news is, the new tools we're getting look, frankly, amazing. I was just shown 2 of them yesterday, and I'm confident that when they're finished and online, we're going to see a serious decrease in hacking issues almost immediately.

Again, I know it sucks to see it right now, but please trust that we're working on this as hard as we can, and you'll see some significant improvements very soon.

Spack wrote: »
    Jesus H, it's like trying to edumacate pork.....
    If playing Battle Pirates taught me anything, it's:
    You can please some people most of the time, and you can please most people some of the time, but you will never, ever be able to keep those bitchy little whiners who inhabit yours forums from having a cry about every single thing you ever do (or don't do).

http://chatspace.org.uk/flash/bp.html
  • nopenope
    nopenope
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 163
    Thanks for helping the hackers win, quitter.
  • mpurdy17
    mpurdy17
    Greenhorn
    Really? Because several people have turned this Hacker in sector 128 before me going back 3 days now and he came and hit my base last night. Explain that Kixeye.. I then turned him in with screen shots of his base my base after the attack and a screen shot of the battle Log and have yet to get an email back. So they spend a "Large part of their day" tracking these people down? Doesn't seems like it. Also appears as if My comms has been disabled. Never got an email or anything. When you can pull your heads out of your **** and at least send an email stating why my comms has been disabled and if the Hacker is going to get banned or not I will reconsider playing again until then I am done. Just sucks to see the money I have spent on this game go down the drain to new upgrades and nothing be done to fix what you have..

"Johnny"
    Game I.D.: 1531264

• Digger Jones
    Digger Jones
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 1,393

I'm sorry, I think your wasting a lot of employee time and not doing it properly. I figure you have tags on every base and how much it spends. Cross reference that with level and average time taken to gain a level, when this does not add up in a formula it gets flagged for investigation. Player then gets investigated and banned if found cheating. These elaborate measures that you have to keep them banned is "great" but catching them first and Plugging the hole where a hacker is using a bought piece of software to hack.

Feel free to use the suggestion. I suggest you do something quicker than you are now.
    Sunk a DreadX with a Frigate.. I'm not bothered about what you have.. I'll find the smallest thing to take it out.
  • RazorUK
    RazorUK
    Incursion Leader
    Name a single game that has totally solved cheating/hacking...

But kixeye is active like all others, they all do what's possible. asking them to eradicate the problem is like asking your local governemnt/police force to solve all crime in you area. There never going to prevent it, But at least respect what they are trying to do to control it.

Just because your on a forum, doesn't mean logic doesn't apply...
  • Digger Jones
    Digger Jones
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 1,393
    RazorUK.. maybe that's true and maybe it isn't. But I'm sure a lot of social games have Mods in most sectors just watching and listening. Kixeye has a lot of staff.. but not that many.
    Sunk a DreadX with a Frigate.. I'm not bothered about what you have.. I'll find the smallest thing to take it out.
  • RazorUK
    RazorUK
    Incursion Leader
    You cant prevent cheating, If kixeye wasn't active in controlling the flow and at least be seen to being a deterrent then I would have a huge problem with it. Each gaming company will not only have different skill levels, capital, resources, time, etc... but all I expect from each and every developer is they fight the problem.

And I'm sure its in there interests to fight it !!