Why nixeye

UWS_TheMachine_FU
UWS_TheMachine_FU
Minor Nuisance
Joined Jan 2011 Posts: 136
edited 10 Jan 2012, 7:28PM
why have i spent a lotta time and a lil cash building and rebuilding a base to be defendable when you just gave every big cc player a weapon that can kill any op or w/h with no damage. Congrats you killed your own game. Unless you gonna rectify, there is no point in playing. cos base defences are totally useless. Thanks for wasting all our time.:mad:

You don't have to be crazy to play here, but ****, it sure helps.

Raid hulls won:http://screencast.com/t/7u7yXjkVqzGr ,http://screencast.com/t/6PfQbQpkgn
  • Farley
    Farley
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined May 2011 Posts: 674
    Agreed, Houl.
  • GibbsSlap
    GibbsSlap
    Greenhorn
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 19
    I have to agree Kixeye. I have spent weeks building up a decent base....and now on the verge of completion. NOw some nimrod with this stupid strike missile can come in and sit outside and just take the resources without having to get through defenses. This is the stupidest thing you have implemented and u need to remove it. There will be NO point in building up defenses and more and more people will just stay under bubbles permanently. There will be no base attacks avalable. It becomes all fleet versus fleet and even then that will start to die off because people will just run around each other and not want to fight. You are making your own game irrelevant.
  • Farley
    Farley
    Strike-force Captain
    There will be no base attacks, because there will be a lot of bases just sitting there empty, the seasoned players having finally wised up, and moved along.
  • Barabbas
    Barabbas
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Mar 2011 Posts: 844
    next week....2 new land pieces, 2 more base weapons, and the release of the upgraded flak.

Ka Chinnng...
    Barabbas 
  • asskicker
    asskicker
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 503
    i full out agree with you if they dont nerf it give us more land and turrets.
    Noobs stop making stupid idiotic post and let the know it alls do the talking lmao have a nice day. :D:lol::)
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 500
    Barabbas wrote: »
    next week....2 new land pieces, 2 more base weapons, and the release of the upgraded flak.

Ka Chinnng...

Two land tiles is not enough, if they expect us to use it to defend while not becoming completely smashable by every other fleet build.
  • Kasper Frydenlund Hansen
    Kasper Frydenlund Hansen
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 212
    Barabbas wrote: »

Ka Chinnng...

Where do you have your info from, and is it valid?
    The_Pirat
    lvl 34
    Base event winner I, II, III and IV
  • Remco Volatile
    Remco Volatile
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Apr 2011 Posts: 353
    Where do you have your info from, and is it valid?

Kixeye's modus operandi.
    Hang around for a while, you'll know it when you see it long enough.
    Your happiness is our primary objective and everything that we do to improve the game is aimed at increasing it.
    robertg wrote: »
    ah ackabar and dredbull, kings of the trolls in the frontline together.
    all go to sleep, there is nothing to worry about, game is just fine, you just need to change all your settings to reduce lag a bit, offcourse all the new players will understand that and do that at once to play this wonderfull game.

doesn't play anymore, former userid : 59919
  • KIXEYE Swag
    KIXEYE Swag
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 3,665
    houli1 wrote: »
    why have i spent a lotta time and a lil cash building and rebuilding a base to be defendable when you just gave every big cc player a weapon that can kill any op or w/h with no damage. Congrats you killed your own game. Unless you gonna rectify, there is no point in playing. cos base defences are totally useless. Thanks for wasting all our time.:mad:

If you're referring to boosters, you should watch this: http://forums.kixeye.com/threads/154036-Video-Solid-Fuel-Boosters
  • Farley
    Farley
    Strike-force Captain
    That video shows a compromised base, nothing more.
  • RazorUK
    RazorUK
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Jun 2011 Posts: 1,348
    Farley wrote: »
    That video shows a compromised base, nothing more.

Well it does show the missiles cant hit the warehouse's too
  • Farley
    Farley
    Strike-force Captain
    Doesn't show that at all Razor....if he'd selected the ships in the corner sequences, so you could see the range rings, there would be proof. Beyond that- the hit was in no way, shape or form how anyone would really hit a base.....even one with NO TURNS!
  • RazorUK
    RazorUK
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Jun 2011 Posts: 1,348
    I'm not sure about how to attack a base, I haven't really properly attacked one in months...

I will comment on, is it swag (let me check) yea swag... he was controlling those ships very nicely if I may be as bold to mention, he had them move in a controlled manner in order to hit each platform systematically as was his intentions on the particular part of the video. He also never said anything about how he was going to show everyone how to destroy the base with the new missile range.

In fact the video wasn't even designed to show a frontal assault, he actually went out of his way to display that aspect. And furthermore I've seen much worse designs out there, If anyone is interested in copying it by the way (Think this is right!!)

Layout6.jpg

Maybe the base was just drawn up for this excercise...

I can understand your angry about your base being not what it was, I'm not getting any younger and my base is not what it use to be :lol:
  • Gavin Craig
    Gavin Craig
    Potential Threat
    Joined Aug 2011 Posts: 91
    am sorry but this new booster is a joke i have bein playing this game for over a year now and it's just messed every thing up yea the video show's that the missile's can't hit the wh's but the base its self is crap there's no way u can make a base that can keep missile's out and mortars.
  • Ironclad
    Ironclad
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 560
    am sorry but this new booster is a joke i have bein playing this game for over a year now and it's just messed every thing up yea the video show's that the missile's can't hit the wh's but the base its self is crap there's no way u can make a base that can keep missile's out and mortars.
    Wrong it is possible
    So coining is cheating is it??  REMEMBER I coin so YOU can play for free noob!!!!

EVERY TIME I SEE A PLAYER COMPLAINING IN THE FORUM ABOUT BEING 20 LEVELS LOWER AND BEING ATTACKED I DESTROY 20 LEVEL 50 BASES

• Farley
    Farley
    Strike-force Captain
    Ironclad wrote: »
    Wrong it is possible

Another one of these guys with a magic base design that he won't show.
  • Vancouver Jimmy
    Vancouver Jimmy
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Aug 2011 Posts: 1,553
    There will be no base attacks, because there will be a lot of bases just sitting there empty, the seasoned players having finally wised up, and moved along.

Really? Sure not what I am seeing out there. Haven't seen an empty high level base (busted hackers not included) since the Raid.

Farley, are you a Drama teacher by chance?
    The uncensored Battle Pirates Forum...

http://tinyurl.com/d5bhmhs
  • Ironclad
    Ironclad
    Skilled Warrior
    Another one of these guys with a magic base design that he won't show.
    im in sector 202 120900,531 there is a picture of it here that you can see but it is possible
    Remember it is not a basekiller fleet it is merely a PvP fleet that maybee able to reach a little further for a quick snipe
    REMEMBER the WH in your own base get hit because you havent planned right ;)

And i never show my Cards at poker either ;)
    So coining is cheating is it??  REMEMBER I coin so YOU can play for free noob!!!!

EVERY TIME I SEE A PLAYER COMPLAINING IN THE FORUM ABOUT BEING 20 LEVELS LOWER AND BEING ATTACKED I DESTROY 20 LEVEL 50 BASES

• Farley
    Farley
    Strike-force Captain
    Jimmy:

I'd bump my poll back to the front page except I was warned by Swag not to bump it again (never saw any rule about this in the past). It's about 5:1 for some kind of change to the missile mod. So are you smarter than everyone else? If so, please fill me in on what I don't know. Almost every old hand has raised reasonable objections to this thing, with the only direct response to these being met by Swag today in his vid thread, with his promise that he would "talk to the developers". If you don't care about the time (or money) you've invested in this, be happy they brought it in for the present and show me a solid base. Otherwise you have nothing to talk about.
  • Therrash
    Therrash
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 1,529
    THat FF missile fleet in Swag's video looks like a prefect prep fleet for a lot of bases.... put RA 3 on Solid Fuel 3, and have one FF with Anti Mortor guns...and you can walk the fleet in to take out the first 3 or 4 turrets of a lot of base designs without causing enough damage to bubble them. THen you bring the Siege mortar and Shockwave fleet to finish the base off.
    Treenail wrote: »
    I'm still laughing that an "ambush" is considered "unfair" in a pirate game.
    User I.D. 1560232
    OS - OSX for Mac
    Flash player - updated as of 11/9/12
    Browser used - Safari
    Lvl 56
    Sector 253
  • Bored_Senseless
    Bored_Senseless
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jul 2011 Posts: 69
    Ironclad wrote: »
    Wrong it is possible

agreed it is possible, im sat awaiting 2nd base test to prove to myself that it is.
    Game Name:   Bored_Senseless
    Nickname:        Bored
    Alliance Team:  CSR Elites
    Alliance Tag:    CSRE
    Level:              57

Raid Hulls:        Battle Barge A, Leviathan A, Floating Fortress A,  Light Cruiser X, Battle Cruiser X, Super Floating Fortress, Dreadnought X, Corvette, Destroyer, Battlecruiser, Battleship, Juggernaut, Goliath, Strike Cruiser, Missile Cruiser, Barracuda, Mercury, Mauler, Spectres, Strike Cruiser X

Raid Turrets: Javelin

Raid Weapons: Assault Cannon D33-Z, Seige Cannon D35-Z  

Sectors Plundered:    31, 32 , 33, 39, 50, 99, 100, 123, 129, 130, 168, 170, 190, 212, 219, 240, 256, 280, 370, 410,414, 420, 443, 466, 477
  • Ironclad
    Ironclad
    Skilled Warrior
    agreed it is possible, im sat awaiting 2nd base test to prove to myself that it is.
    ive mulled over it and i have not moved a thing im confident i will not be sniped im looking for a coiner who has looked at it researched it wet himself over it built five FFs the same day and is sitting there quivering over the sniping he has done with them till then i will never know how much will fall to the missles but i know in myself he wont get ****

• Bored_Senseless
    Bored_Senseless
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jul 2011 Posts: 69
    my previous design was i belive al of 3 tiles from the edge, easy pickings for the missiles... this one is 5, i used vic motars distance to make sure of it.
    Game Name:   Bored_Senseless
    Nickname:        Bored
    Alliance Team:  CSR Elites
    Alliance Tag:    CSRE
    Level:              57

Raid Hulls:        Battle Barge A, Leviathan A, Floating Fortress A,  Light Cruiser X, Battle Cruiser X, Super Floating Fortress, Dreadnought X, Corvette, Destroyer, Battlecruiser, Battleship, Juggernaut, Goliath, Strike Cruiser, Missile Cruiser, Barracuda, Mercury, Mauler, Spectres, Strike Cruiser X

Raid Turrets: Javelin

Raid Weapons: Assault Cannon D33-Z, Seige Cannon D35-Z  

Sectors Plundered:    31, 32 , 33, 39, 50, 99, 100, 123, 129, 130, 168, 170, 190, 212, 219, 240, 256, 280, 370, 410,414, 420, 443, 466, 477
  • Ironclad
    Ironclad
    Skilled Warrior
    all it does David is take a little time ive just not changed mine

• Kman
    Kman
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Jun 2011 Posts: 642
    But you shouldnt have to compromise defence just to be safe from a over-ranged weapon.
  • jeremiah78
    jeremiah78
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Jun 2011 Posts: 1,426
    Kixeye needs to stop nerfing there weapons everytime a new update comes out everyone cry that its not fair. so what the game changed. i think it is good keeps you on your toes.
  • Ironclad
    Ironclad
    Skilled Warrior
    jeremiah78 wrote: »
    Kixeye needs to stop nerfing there weapons everytime a new update comes out everyone cry that its not fair. so what the game changed. i think it is good keeps you on your toes.
    exactly keeps it fresh so you dont get bored take right now im re thinking a seawolf fleet that i have toyed with alot in the past for salvages its a sort of test fleet but i have to see how they will do :confused:

• Guch
    Guch
    Potential Threat
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 78
    Jimmy:

I'd bump my poll back to the front page except I was warned by Swag not to bump it again (never saw any rule about this in the past). It's about 5:1 for some kind of change to the missile mod. So are you smarter than everyone else? If so, please fill me in on what I don't know. Almost every old hand has raised reasonable objections to this thing, with the only direct response to these being met by Swag today in his vid thread, with his promise that he would "talk to the developers". If you don't care about the time (or money) you've invested in this, be happy they brought it in for the present and show me a solid base. Otherwise you have nothing to talk about.

Not sure how solid this base is, it just shows that if you build " This" base you wont get sniped by a rocket fleet only.. Now that you have to prepare for a "sniper" you lose at least one turret for a flak gun.. Now this will make it that much easier to get in the front door for a conventional mortar or siege cannon attack.. Maybe they " Kixeye" are just trying to make everyone weaker and more susceptible to lesser players attacks? This instance only shows one base style, are we all going to have one base style now? I think that rockets should have increased range, just not that much that it is now outreaching all other weapons. Seems like a total imbalance again.. They Nerfed the thud because it was dominating so badly, why create the same problem on another weapon.. Just sayin...
  • zeusin
    zeusin
    Potential Threat
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 58
    If you're referring to boosters, you should watch this: http://forums.kixeye.com/threads/154036-Video-Solid-Fuel-Boosters

thats a week **** base and a very poor example it can be done in a frontal assault all you done is shown how many spaces needed to stop these attacks but thats not the point and your missing it big time or just dont give a ****.
  • Mike Kaczmarek
    Mike Kaczmarek
    Potential Threat
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 65
    Swag I watched that video and from what I am seeing if your base design is no just like that one your screwed I have worked hard and put a lot of thought into my base design making my entrance hard to get through...Now I had to rearrange my whole base and open up my entrance just to use the land pieces elsewhere. to give more distance from my outpost and Warehouses......I think a couple more land pieces are warranted to help off set this newly designed rocket booster which was developed to counter act the Thuds with HB3.

Just my opinion of course.
    MikeKaz_BPE
    lvl 54

"Damnation seize my soul if I give your quarters, or take any from you." - Edward Teach