• Toy Jun Kie 1
    Toy Jun Kie 1
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 1,269
    bigstrats wrote: »
    problem solved, those who can--do
    those who can't--moan

little tip to gain extra land, you don't need 5 wh's

UH IF YOU DON'T HAVE EVERYTHING UPGRADED/RESEARCHED YOU DO AND WHAT ABOUT WHEN THEY INEVITABLY INTRODUCE SOMETHING THAT WILL NEED 5 WH's
  • Bird1sTheWord
    Bird1sTheWord
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Aug 2011 Posts: 800
    The M wrote: »
    Flak anyone?
    Before anyone starts doing the math and saying flak is worthless, flak has splash allowing one shot to take out a group of missiles. Look at your pic, all those missiles grouped together would be taken out by a single flak in no time.

Flak is usless agaist those kinds of missles. I've had friend attack my base with cutlass. I had four flak turrets (level 3) And those turrets could only take out three out of 20 missles. Flaks are useless.

War commander info: level 19 Event prizes: gatling trucks, attack dogs, elite heavy gunners, and laser tank
  • Jaczilla OddFour
    Jaczilla OddFour
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jun 2011 Posts: 313
    level29.jpg

The new "Special" only affects Bases where the Pirate knows the Game...please dont forget the 1,000`s that dont!
    ~~ Arrr!! there`s life after Zynga/PRTC and ~~ "The Dirty Bess" sails ~~  into even more Drama ~~

Born 179 ~ June 1st, 2011 ~ 511K ID# ~ On Tour since December, 2011 ~ Alliance N1C ~ Full pretty picture Set ~
  • jeremiah78
    jeremiah78
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Jun 2011 Posts: 1,426
    Flak is usless agaist those kinds of missles. I've had friend attack my base with cutlass. I had four flak turrets (level 3) And those turrets could only take out three out of 20 missles. Flaks are useless.

yes i agree just tested 2 level 3 flaks with 20 strike missiles flaks barely phased them
  • bees
    bees
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 1,999
    This is bad either they have to nerf the fuel booster or give us more land so our base designs still will force enemy to go through turrets to get the sweet holy treasuers.
  • Farley
    Farley
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined May 2011 Posts: 674
    Jeremiah:

Second thoughts about this brilliant Kix update? Hopefully they are having them too. Too late for me to change my stance that I will NEVER spend another nickel on it.
  • Toy Jun Kie 1
    Toy Jun Kie 1
    Incursion Leader
    Farley wrote: »
    Jeremiah:

Second thoughts about this brilliant Kix update? Hopefully they are having them too. Too late for me to change my stance that I will NEVER spend another nickel on it.

Jeremiah's too much of a FANBOI to change his mind about KIXEYE'S "BRILLIANT" update
  • jeremiah78
    jeremiah78
    Incursion Leader
    I still like the update yes i had to change my layout but it is safe from missiles what kixeye does is up to them it is their game. i hope they leave it tired of everything getting nerfed.
  • Toy Jun Kie 1
    Toy Jun Kie 1
    Incursion Leader
    jeremiah78 wrote: »
    I still like the update yes i had to change my layout but it is safe from missiles what kixeye does is up to them it is their game. i hope they leave it tired of everything getting nerfed.

Yep either KIXEYE STAFF UNDERCOVER OR FANBOI EXTRAORDINAIRE
  • jeremiah78
    jeremiah78
    Incursion Leader
    Yep either KIXEYE STAFF UNDERCOVER OR FANBOI EXTRAORDINAIRE

has there been an update you have liked ??????????????
  • Farley
    Farley
    Strike-force Captain
    Many. The drac lab, the adv lab, subs, wolves......what you seem not to understand, Jeremiah, is that this one is ill-conceived, and changes the essential mechanics of the game to an unbalanced state.
  • bees
    bees

I guess you are one off the guys who love games that allow cheat codes. And why is it okay that kixeye relase something without warning that CC players can abuse until people noticed what happend? Atleast they should give us 2 weeks warning: "be sure to change your base design or you will loose resource and get dock sunked by jackasses 24/7 without bubling you or damaging their fleets, neither do they have to burn off a rocket."

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

If kixeye dotn nerf it or comepsate with giving more land i gonna delete 4 off 5 whs and only have 1 and stay at same level for the rest of my time and just play without getting forward. then i can bully others steal their resource and trash it at my base due to low warehouse capasity, think that will piss the enemy off much more since if they level me they wotn get much loot..o.O
  • jeremiah78
    jeremiah78
    Incursion Leader
    all flash games are easily hacked. you see it most often on the popular ones
  • bees
    bees
    all flash games are easily hacked. you see it most often on the popular ones

you say you hack?
    I bet this new missile uppgrade was a christmas gift for hackers.
  • squid636
    squid636
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jul 2011 Posts: 55
    Ebberly wrote: »
    Yeah we got something to worry about.

Flash forward about 6 weeks

You need about 102 mil for HB 3. Fine. Use your assault missiles + Booster 3, just shoot right over walls and take 28 mil.

While you are building up the 102 million in res you need to research HB 3 - guess what - your enemy has taken YOUR res by using the assault missile+Booster 3 combo.

Yeah. This update make the most sense I've have seen in America in over 200 years.

This game is absolutely pointless. I am shaking with RAGE at kixeye. I've never been angrier in my life - I'd rather live in Libya under a severe dictator for the rest of my miserable life - than have to put up with kixeye's utter stupidity.

I am so fvcking ANGRY about this shyte - I got a good idea to blog about it and get parents groups involved - Hmm kixeye I wonder what would happen if parents found about this nonsense that you are putting their KIDS through? I been in social media for 7 years. I got all the time in the world. I am shaking with RAGE at your organization. I wasted 8 MONTHS of my life playing your nonsensical game - this game has absolutely wrecked my family life and all else.

You will continue to worship CASH and you will 100 percent disregard players and human beings.

It won't work out - people like me never shut up. I love to rant.

You're on a roll kixeye - Keep on disregarding people and you worship cash. Don't ever cast a care about anything else or anybody else. Sure you're going places. It won't be success.

I have never in my life seen a company so wrapped up in cash and so unregarding of players in my entire life - I've been around nearly half a century. Dell saw the error of their ways. Other companies were made to see the error of their ways. Social media has brought down companies far larger and far more influential than kixeye.

You're nothing special - You will too. I've been here for 8 months. I got memories. Parents groups are nothing to fvck with - especially with this nonsense going down in college football in pennsylvania. There's a lot of moral panic a lot of concern - you can't possibly be THAT dumb - THAT stupid - THAT inbred to not know what route you are heading down. It is not a good one.

Do yourself a BIG favor. Nerf the booster 3, to 80.

Save us all a lot of anguish. Start thinking about the players who play and who pay for your paychecks and try something new for a change - Stop worshipping CASH so much and try for one nanosecond - to try and think of someone other than yourself. It works wonders. You'd be amazed.

Otherwise - a very dark road lies ahead.

It's YOUR choice.

The guy quoted above is most likely crazy....please disregard his post. :)
  • jeremiah78
    jeremiah78
    Incursion Leader
    no i dont cheat but making flashgames hack free is a problem for every gaming company
  • I am a Spy
    I am a Spy
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Aug 2011 Posts: 463
    I say of specific items like the dock or outpost are taken out you should get an auto bubble. This will prevent trollers and rim shooters.
  • bees
    bees
    I am a Spy wrote: »
    I say of specific items like the dock or outpost are taken out you should get an auto bubble. This will prevent trollers and rim shooters.

or just every time you enter a base you star in the beginnign off their channel and they can only move to the center off base and not out.
  • jeremiah78
    jeremiah78
    Incursion Leader
    I am a Spy wrote: »

+1 i like your idea
  • I am a Spy
    I am a Spy
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Aug 2011 Posts: 463
    Another solution I know i will get flak about is play bubble pirates. Give each other buddy bubbles and collect salvage. Stop hitting bases in protest till they are nerfed or limited for fleet attacks.
  • wesker
    wesker
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 5,473
    because of this i may just be a bubble ****
    Decimate the Weak

Ships Won: who cares you will see them :D 
    BP-ID: 1824740....lvl 72

• Digger
    Digger
    Greenhorn
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 7
    the problem with the range on these and that kixeye does not realize is they now made it where only one design or very minimal disigned bases can hold up to this sniper crap and they are trash. made the game very limited with your last few changes kixeye great going on a epic fail.
  • SHOGUNNNN
    SHOGUNNNN
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 513
    Meh...the way I see it is give it a month or 2 so that all the coiners can buy this upgrade and enjoy the advantage for a bit then they will nerf it down to about 25% to make it defend-able against

• Sky Leach
    Sky Leach
    Potential Threat
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 40
    asskicker wrote: »
    kixeye you need to nerf it the fk now this is outragous a fking missle going over 90 in distance thats 20 farther then a pm.

lol

Ballistic missiles travel in a high trajectory, motor burns out partway through flight
    Tactical ballistic missile: Range between about 150 km and 300 km
    Battlefield range ballistic missile (BRBM): Range less than 200 km
    Theatre ballistic missile (TBM): Range between 300 km and 3500 km
    Short-range ballistic missile (SRBM): Range 1000 km or less
    Medium-range ballistic missile (MRBM): Range between 1000 km and 3500 km
    Intermediate-range ballistic missile (IRBM) or Long-range ballistic missile (LRBM): Range between 3500 km and 5500 km
    Intercontinental ballistic missile (ICBM): Range greater than 5500 km
    Submarine-launched ballistic missile (SLBM): Launched from ballistic missile submarines (SSBNs), all current designs have intercontinental range.
    Cruise missiles travel low to the ground, motor burns during entire flight, typical range 2,500 km (1,500 mi)
    Anti-tank guided missiles travel low to the ground, may or may not burn motor throughout flight, typical range 5 km (3 mi)
    Anti-ship missiles travel low over the ground and sea, often pop up or jink before striking ship, typical range 130 km (80 mi)

small infantry-carried mortar range:
    "HE: 93–5,935 m
    (104–6,490 yd)"

heavier infantry mortars typically mounted on tracked vehicles:
    Types of rounds
    "HE M329A1--max range 5,650 m (6,180 yd), weight 12.3 kg (27 lb)
    HE M329A2--max range 6,800 m (7,400 yd), weight 10 kg (22 lb)
    HE M34A1--max range 4,620 m (5,050 yd), weight 12.2 kg (26.9 lb)"

The biggest guns (bigger even than 'mortars')? How about the 120mm (also called 12" guns) mounted on post-WWII dreadnought-class battleships. Able to shoot a 5-ton mortar round over 5 miles (and level a small town with it)...

"After World War II, several navies retained their existing battleships, but they were no longer strategically dominant military assets. Indeed, it soon became apparent that they were no longer worth the considerable cost of construction and maintenance and only one new battleship was commissioned after the war, HMS Vanguard. During the war it had been demonstrated that battleship-on-battleship engagements like Leyte Gulf or the sinking of Hood were the exception and not the rule, and with the growing role of aircraft engagement ranges were becoming longer and longer, making heavy gun armament irrelevant. The armor of a battleship was equally irrelevant in the face of a nuclear attack as tactical missiles with a range of 100 kilometres (60 mi) or more could be mounted on the Soviet Kildin-class destroyer and Whiskey-class submarine. By the end of the 1950s, minor vessel classes which formerly offered no noteworthy opposition now were capable of eliminating battleships at will." - wikipedia

My point here is that even though Battle Pirates really doesn't hold much of a candle to reality, missiles FAR FAR FAR FAR FAR out-range anything fired by an explosion. The only ballistic weapon that could ever come close would be a rail gun. If we are to assume that BP is following the principle of technology enhancing war effectiveness (which certainly seems to have been happening since Kixeye started) then we must assume that missiles will become the primary means of long range engagement and that until things like the MTHEL THEL Mobile / Tactical High Energy Laser make it into battle pirates as well as naval railguns capable of accelerating 7lb projectiles to speeds well in excess of 6km/s (> 10,000mph). I don't offhand know what that translates to in kinetic force when it hits but I can bet it's a heck of a lot more than a standard high explosive round.

My point here is there: what's wrong with a missile ranging further than a mortar again?
  • Farley
    Farley
    Strike-force Captain
    "My point here is that even though Battle Pirates really doesn't hold much of a candle to reality, missiles FAR FAR FAR FAR FAR out-range anything fired by an explosion. "

If you had to write all the above to come up with a self-contradicting point, I pity you.

The real point here is that this mod changes the mechanics of the game such that NO base can be built whose defenses are not compromised.
  • jeremiah78
    jeremiah78
    Incursion Leader
    i wonder if saddam called bush and cried nerf when we shoot up irak with cruise missiles from the golf
  • Vancouver Jimmy
    Vancouver Jimmy
    Joined Aug 2011 Posts: 1,553
    Getting close to the longest whiner thread ever! Keep'er going kiddies! You'll finally be recognized for an amazing achievement in your life!
    The uncensored Battle Pirates Forum...

http://tinyurl.com/d5bhmhs
  • Davey57
    Davey57
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jun 2011 Posts: 263
    Flak anyone?
    Before anyone starts doing the math and saying flak is worthless, flak has splash allowing one shot to take out a group of missiles. Look at your pic, all those missiles grouped together would be taken out by a single flak in no time.

ur wrong M 1 flak cant even kill all missles from 1 levi. so no way can u defend that with 1 flak tower, pls think and do some calculations before u post. ur a moderator not some nobody player. what u post needs to be true and accurate.
  • Davey57
    Davey57
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jun 2011 Posts: 263
    Elite rank + assault missiles + 5FF = 60 missiles every 3 seconds (20 every second).
    Flak: reload of 2, salvo of 4. 6 every 3 seconds (2 every second).
    Now factor in the flak's splash! If the missiles are bunched together then just one shot from a flak will take them out. Seeing that by the time the missiles get near the warehouses as shown in the pic, all the missiles from the same FF are grouped together allowing for one shot to take out all 6 from that FF.
    With that effectiveness those 6 shots from the flak would take out 36 missiles. So only 2 flak needed.

If all the ships were to be stacked like in that pic making all the missiles from all the ships group together. It would allow for even more of the missiles to be taken out in one shot by the flak and hopefully only needing one flak to counter them.

Still with a flak taking out 6 at a time it would only need 2 flak minimum.

Sadly the problem I have with this is that all someone needs to do is use a large bunker buster to take out the flak and it's game over.

Except for the fact that the math isn't anywhere near real world application lol Ive been using cut missile fleets to pwn bases with multiple flak towers for months. they barley affect the missile effectiveness. with the new Addons cuts pwn bases with ease. I have a base design that has been INVINCIBLE for 9 months and now a missile HHb fleet cut through me like butter. I didn't even kill one of his ships. I have all L4 towers and all L4 weps.
This discussion has been closed.