Solid fuel boosters attack

• Mighty_Tonka
    Mighty_Tonka
    Greenhorn
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 23
    I agree add a few flak guns and change the base a bit. For most of us it will be 3 weeks before this is on a fleet of ff's
  • Daniel Draper
    Daniel Draper
    Potential Threat
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 68
    Caboose87 wrote: »
    you didnt read did you? when missles are grouped the SPLASH from a flak shot can take entire groups out. So if you have a good enough flak gun it can stop multiple shots from FFs'

Doesn't mean it always will, if I can get 1 shot through every 3-4 rounds, thats more than enough to take out your warehouses. Remember, I have 4 attempts to try.

If it isn't 100% guaranteed to block all missile damage, it isn't viable. Period.

You're definitely good need more than 1 flak gun, thats for sure. You think you're so smart thinking one is gonna cover everything? I'll bring my ships into range at different intervals, to throw the Flak gun's pattern off. Still not gonna block everything.

Its a waste anyways since no one will ever seriously hit a base with missiles. Wasted turret unless they beef up the damage on missiles to compete with ballistics.

You are arguing in support of insanity. Stop it!
  • kIldall
    kIldall
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jun 2011 Posts: 214
    deadlock wrote: »
    kixeye screw us again,1 day 6 days and 10 days to research,but low and behold its free to the hackers.by the time its nerfed im guessing a week how many legit players will this of screwed?kixeye sort the real problems out with this game like your absent security measures,you rely on the good will of your customers to report hackers but with the other hand your giving the hackers the weapons they need to break the du4 bases,how pathetic!
    nice post very true!!! these hackers are taking over this game! pleas nerf this kixeye!
    D.O.A
    CHINGON-CRIZ

sectors visited
    7 16 20 45 139 143 145 144 146 147 154 160 191 198 201 220 224 236 255 267 269 271 310 323 365 375 380 464 489!
    Any alliance whose purp
    ose is not the intention to wage war is senseless and useless
  • Blazing_Darkness
    Blazing_Darkness
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Nov 2010 Posts: 8,162
    You need 10 flaks to block every shot from 5 starred ffs each with assault missilex6.
    I'd like to see you make this economical for base defense because quite frankly I'm having a very hard time seeing this as viable turret allocation.

Elite rank + assault missiles + 5FF = 60 missiles every 3 seconds (20 every second).
    Flak: reload of 2, salvo of 4. 6 every 3 seconds (2 every second).
    Now factor in the flak's splash! If the missiles are bunched together then just one shot from a flak will take them out. Seeing that by the time the missiles get near the warehouses as shown in the pic, all the missiles from the same FF are grouped together allowing for one shot to take out all 6 from that FF.
    With that effectiveness those 6 shots from the flak would take out 36 missiles. So only 2 flak needed.

If all the ships were to be stacked like in that pic making all the missiles from all the ships group together. It would allow for even more of the missiles to be taken out in one shot by the flak and hopefully only needing one flak to counter them.
    You're definitely good need more than 1 flak gun, thats for sure. You think you're so smart thinking one is gonna cover everything? I'll bring my ships into range at different intervals, to throw the Flak gun's pattern off. Still not gonna block everything.

Still with a flak taking out 6 at a time it would only need 2 flak minimum.

Sadly the problem I have with this is that all someone needs to do is use a large bunker buster to take out the flak and it's game over.
    TOME Name: Blaze    Favourite Guardians: Osric (Pusher), Malbus (Tank), Talia (Slayer), Erebus (Tactician)
    The Battle Pirate Glossary - Forum Rules - Support form
  • blood
    blood
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jun 2011 Posts: 86
    its easy enough to say add flaks but sometimes its hard enough to kill a ff fleet's with the dps you have nvm loosing another two turrets for flacks because loads have anti mortar weapons now reducing VM effectiveness yes you should mix wepaon but look at this way VM less efftive, sents less affective (RA3) soon well have to open a window and throw things at our attackers lol, this makes you wonder why dont kixeye actually play the game and see the affects of the things they implement cause cleary they dont no base should be un crackable but in the same token it isnt really base attack when you dont have to fight to get in you can just park outside and get the goodies
  • Mighty_Tonka
    Mighty_Tonka
    Greenhorn
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 23
    if u notice the attacker only hit the op so i bet he couldnt target the warehouses so add 1 or 2 land at that outside location
  • Gail_lim
    Gail_lim
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 622
    if u notice the attacker only hit the op so i bet he couldnt target the warehouses so add 1 or 2 land at that outside location

The best base really can't find 1 or 2 extra land :confused: because we make use of all the land we could get.
    Angel Base Design OP5<<< Click Link!:D
  • Daniel Draper
    Daniel Draper
    Potential Threat
    The M wrote: »
    Alot of stuff.

You're supposing that if a Flak blocks 90% of all shots, you're safe.
    I'm supposing, that if it doesn't block all shots, you're screwed.
    Because I can hit you 4 times before I bubble you. 20 minutes long enough to blow up a warehouse or two?

YOU BET YOUR **** IT IS!
  • Tim1
    Tim1
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 122
    my missile boats send a line of missile, not just one pack, flak would be ineffective at best
  • Rear Admiral TTJ
    Rear Admiral TTJ
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Aug 2011 Posts: 135
    If someone tells me to rearrange my base one more time I will slap them!

To avoid the lvl3 boost I would need a gap of 5 tiles of sea and the outer land. Which would leave nothing for an entrance!

So either way you are screwed! Oh well, dont worry I am sure the money is flowing into kixeye from this update, for the research and corresponding bubbles being purchased to avoid it!

Were the raids not earning you enough cash?
    I Always Enter from the Rear!
    Ah yes, the pirate equivalent of a good reach around...
    Why would I want to chat with my farms? That would be the equivalent of an actual farmer wanting to have a lively chat with his patch of turnips...
    Btw, I use the rockets because I like them! They go boom.
  • TheRealCore
    TheRealCore
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Aug 2011 Posts: 5,474
    Flak anyone?
    Before anyone starts doing the math and saying flak is worthless, flak has splash allowing one shot to take out a group of missiles. Look at your pic, all those missiles grouped together would be taken out by a single flak in no time.

Here's what, TURRETS ARE LIMITED!!!! ...so why don't they add a few more 2 make this game balanced? if you put flak's, that therefore means less damage to the enemies ships, i would really like to see them nerf this or add a few more turrets...
    Atta-Comb 
  • Vancouver Jimmy
    Vancouver Jimmy
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Aug 2011 Posts: 1,553
    Still with a flak taking out 6 at a time it would only need 2 flak minimum.

Honestly, follow M's advice if you like but I can tell you if you lose 2 towers to your entrance then everyone is walking through and simply taking it the old fashioned way.

The funny thing is that you guys are all worried about assault missiles when all you do to put another water square around everything. Sucks but pretty easy fix. There is another combo that is a million times worse and most likely unstoppable.
    The uncensored Battle Pirates Forum...

http://tinyurl.com/d5bhmhs
  • Vancouver Jimmy
    Vancouver Jimmy
    Joined Aug 2011 Posts: 1,553
    To avoid the lvl3 boost I would need a gap of 5 tiles of sea and the outer land.

Who told you that you'll need 6 squares to stop 96 range??? That's the person you should slap...
    The uncensored Battle Pirates Forum...

http://tinyurl.com/d5bhmhs
  • trojan66
    trojan66
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Apr 2011 Posts: 3,252
    Honestly, follow M's advice if you like but I can tell you if you lose 2 towers to your entrance then everyone is walking through and simply taking it the old fashioned way.

The funny thing is that you guys are all worried about assault missiles when all you do to put another water square around everything. Sucks but pretty easy fix. There is another combo that is a million times worse and most likely unstoppable.

I already have 1 platform as dedicated flak before this feature, so swapping a sent or VM for another flak will be little skin off my back as my base can pretty much keep anything short of a fleet of battleships out
    :)
  • wesker
    wesker
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 5,473
    nerf it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Decimate the Weak

Ships Won: who cares you will see them :D 
    BP-ID: 1824740....lvl 72

• Farley
    Farley
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined May 2011 Posts: 674
    My take on it is that with this update, Kixeye has fundamentally changed the mechanics of the game to a degree which, judging by the negativity so overwhelmingly obvious on the forums, has surpassed the tolerance levels of most players. It is unwanted and very unpopular. Now we have to refit all of our fleets, not just rearrange our bases, in order to maintain any kind of a competitive profile. Given the long times associated with such refits, this alone will take months, assuming we have the blueprints we may or may not find due to the seemingly random drop rates. If Kix wanted to do something to make the flak gun more than an ornament, they could perhaps have upped the firing cycles or damage from missiles.

I am L31 and have put a lot of time into this game, as well as some money, but when it stops being fun, I will stop playing- I spend too much time on it as it is, without it becoming too frustrating to play, owing to what in my opinion was an incredibly bad idea on the part of the developers.

Farley of 33
  • No..Beard
    No..Beard
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Jun 2010 Posts: 3,792
    This took me 30 min this morning.
    all 14 towers are still on the 6-turn gauntlet.
    What's the big deal?

21cryac.jpg

BP ID: 1038         WC ID: 1476        VC ID: 18589     Tome ID: 3698   

• sulack
    sulack
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jun 2011 Posts: 128
    put op one lil wall square in you get out of range omg that tough
    Quote "Kixeye CM Swag"

Okay, this is not the place for this. Take the trash talk to the War Room please!
  • Barabbas
    Barabbas
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Mar 2011 Posts: 844
    Make changes to your base, it is an easy fix.

Adapt, play and enjoy.
    Barabbas 
  • Daniel Draper
    Daniel Draper
    Potential Threat
    This took me 30 min this morning.
    all 14 towers are still on the 6-turn gauntlet.
    What's the big deal?

21cryac.jpg

1st off, that base design blows balls, sure you're protected against missiles but look what you lost in the process : I can just kill some of your turrets with a prep fleet(you're gonna be grouping your turrets more which allows my mortars to do a lot more damage), move my ffs to the 1st turn of your channel with antimortar guns, and sit there and blow up 2 or 3 of your warehouses, reactive 3 to prevent excessive amounts of damage and I'm out with more than half my hp intact. Or I could just move down your channel 1 square at a time picking off each turret as I moved into range, you can't cluster them with that base design which means I can do them 1 at a time. If I had a siege cannon fleet, I could just blitz straight through without stopping. You couldn't do enough damage to stop me before I got through.

Now that you have to put your land out 4 squares, your options for land distribution are EXTREMELY limited. Thats pretty much the only design that works for the 4 water square base.

Sorry, but that design just doesn't work.
  • AJtheImpaler
    AJtheImpaler
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Aug 2011 Posts: 173
    Flak anyone?
    Before anyone starts doing the math and saying flak is worthless, flak has splash allowing one shot to take out a group of missiles. Look at your pic, all those missiles grouped together would be taken out by a single flak in no time.

And they would move their ships away and admit defeat? Or they would sit there until it was eventually destroyed?
    Level 33 Current Sector: 283 Home Sector: 256
  • Daniel Draper
    Daniel Draper
    Potential Threat
    sulack wrote: »
    put op one lil wall square in you get out of range omg that tough

You must be rather dense - assault missile range can now exceed 4 squares of space. It now costs 6 land squares extra to make a viable base design. One little wall square isn't gonna save the 3 water space designs.
    You have sentinel 3s? **** a sentinel 3 right up against the side of the outside of a 3-water-space channel and see how far it goes. You'd need 3 walls minimum on each side to prevent damage from 96 range missiles, or 6 land squares(2 more on each side.)
  • AlmightyOne
    AlmightyOne
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Aug 2011 Posts: 141
    even if one puts a flak gun an attack some of the shots would make their mark in a 5 min attack... how much damamge could they do in a 20 minute?
  • Nelson Nunes
    Nelson Nunes
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Jul 2011 Posts: 820
    there is no way that you can use flak guns in your outpost to defend WH because they dont have a 100% accuracy and if you use turrets to have flak guns defending your outpost either you will get weak defenses or you will turn it into a square... seriously? we need an increase on the number of land tiles and the square where we can build by one full tile all around...
  • Wrekage
    Wrekage
    Greenhorn
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 14
    This update is a joke, again no thought goes into the cause and effect of these changes and further serves to piss off your customer base. Hurry up fix this.
  • NUTS
    NUTS
    Joined Jul 2011 Posts: 1,552
    The M
    Flak are good for missles
    so we change 1-2 turrets min to deal with missle ships
    have 1-2 BR for mortars

Leaves 10 in all for the offensive element of the defense
    Need least 3 VM (pref 4) to deal with the attacking mortars now they have anti-mortar
    So 7 left to split between sents and howies ?
    4 sents and 3 howies - sents arent enough to deal with an FF (prob even a lev) fleet - add eng3 and stack the fleets beforehand and VM dont do much
    so sents are out
    howies - lacking range anyway - easy to sit back and mortar (or now missle) them into non-existence - or add Layered /drac armour to ships and deal with them that way
    So forget sents/howies now
    Have 10 VM in your base ?
    and be laughed at in chat everytime someone comes knocking at your base - and live in a res starved bubble
    AND i havent even factored in the L3 tier drac weapons in the above - or rockets

SO - how do we deal with the massive L3 tier drac weapons ?

and we are supposed to weaken our defenses even more now ?
  • Man Tim
    Man Tim
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Jul 2011 Posts: 5,372
    oh yeah Matthew, how do you wish some crappy little flak gun shot down 60 assault missiles every less than 5 seconds?
    BYM level: 46<47>48|ID: 11207746
    WC level: 28<29>banned|ID: 183
    BP level: 52<53>54|ID: 789488|Name: 1234567890|Sector: 442|
    Raid Prizes won:
    Everything except SS, HailC, and rocket reload thiny :rolleyes:
    KIXEYE logic is the only logic and you ain't never logic'd till you've KIXEYE logic'd.
    eze wrote: »
    The future scares the crap outta me o.O
  • Nibbler
    Nibbler
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jan 2012 Posts: 5
    LMAO looks like you got whipped! "Dont cry for me Argentina".... you guys asked Kixeye for a stop to the Thud 4 onslought... they delivered! Now you cry again! WTH... are you ever satisfied? damned if you do, damned if you dont... Kixeye, Im sorry bros! you get crapped on no matter what you do! My sympathies to you on this one!
  • Toy Jun Kie 1
    Toy Jun Kie 1
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 1,269
    Nibbler wrote: »
    LMAO looks like you got whipped! "Dont cry for me Argentina".... you guys asked Kixeye for a stop to the Thud 4 onslought... they delivered! Now you cry again! WTH... are you ever satisfied? damned if you do, damned if you dont... Kixeye, Im sorry bros! you get crapped on no matter what you do! My sympathies to you on this one!

It's one thing to give missiles an edge over ballistics BUT 96 RANGE THAT'S longer than MORTARS NOT TO MENTION THAT NO OP4 BASE CAN PROTECT AGAINST THIS AND EVEN OP5's ARE GONNA HAVE A REAL HARD TIME UNLESS WE GET SOME MORE LAND OR THEY NERF RANGE TO AROUND 84-86 MAX WITH BOOSTER III
  • Daniel Draper
    Daniel Draper
    Potential Threat
    Nibbler wrote: »

People aren't complaining because they make thuds with hb obsolete.

Do you have a disorder?

Thats why people are complaining.

I hope they 'crap' on your base next... You can be the next victim.
This discussion has been closed.