Just kindly want to know what people think about this..

Quincy
Quincy
Minor Nuisance
Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 137
edited 4 Jan 2012, 7:10PM
RR42.jpg

As you can see...the top 3 in my area keep on fighting for 1st place...all 3 of us are within a million of each other...and spend a lot of time and work for this raid...and only for 2nd and 3rd placer to walk away with nothing. Now Kixeye say they are listening to people about the raid...well if they really are...why are the 2nd and 3rd placer not still not getting a reward for bring there and trying for 1st...a lot of people want that...

tell me what you really think
**** it...I just got 5 hour repair bill pwnd....
  • Corner
    Corner
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Aug 2011 Posts: 295
    Get better. Don't come in third. That's all.
  • Farley
    Farley
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined May 2011 Posts: 674
    The Second place winner is the First place loser.

Having said that, I don't think it would hurt Kix to up you a blueprint for the effort.
  • black booger
    black booger
    Potential Threat
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 54
    I would say in all honesty that First place should always get the grand prize. I bet they would make more money and people would feel a little better though if 2 smaller prizes were given out to 2nd and 3rd.
  • Quincy
    Quincy
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 137
    Corner wrote: »
    Get better. Don't come in third. That's all.
    had to work...ran out of time to pass them and they knew i was at work
    Farley wrote: »
    The Second place winner is the First place loser.

Having said that, I don't think it would hurt Kix to up you a blueprint for the effort.

that what i am thinking
    I would say in all honesty that First place should always get the grand prize. I bet they would make more money and people would feel a little better though if 2 smaller prizes were given out to 2nd and 3rd.

Yes i agree...they done enough raid..they could give out one of the HH or something as a 2nd and 3rd reward
    **** it...I just got 5 hour repair bill pwnd....
  • No..Beard
    No..Beard
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Jun 2010 Posts: 3,791
    Well, I stopped because 1st was a runaway (hacker) and 2nd, who lookd legit, was ahead too.

But I could easily have gotten 3rd if I thought that it meant something.
    Giving away something AFTER the fact will piss off many.

BP ID: 1038         WC ID: 1476        VC ID: 18589     Tome ID: 3698   

• TheRealCore
    TheRealCore
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Aug 2011 Posts: 5,474
    Lol, you should see the results in my sector, the winner won by 57k.....sorry i didn't have a photo 2 post.

xD...400 posts :D
    Atta-Comb 
  • Caution
    Caution
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined May 2011 Posts: 803
    While it sucks to come in that close to first and not win anything, that's just how the game is.

Kixeye never said they would award anything to anyone other than the first place winner. Everyone went into all of these raids knowing that they were competing for FIRST place.

While I agree, you may have worked your **** off to get that close, you still didn't come in first. Maybe for future raids Kixeye will decide to award something to the players who come in second or third, but that's solely up to them.
    CAUTION
    Does not play
    well with others
  • jefe
    jefe
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Nov 2010 Posts: 652
    Well, I stopped because 1st was a runaway (hacker) and 2nd, who lookd legit, was ahead too.

But I could easily have gotten 3rd if I thought that it meant something.
    Giving away something AFTER the fact will piss off many.

Are you still in Sector 1?

• Pamela
    Pamela
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Jun 2011 Posts: 638
    While I don't think all three should necessarily get the "top prize" I do agree that there could be something for the 2nd and 3rd places, maybe a previous raid hull, or even the chance to find the blueprints for the new hull.

Why have the 2nd and 3rd place players highlighted on the numbers list if there is no benefit to placing in those spots? (not to say go back and award the ones from this raid, but I do think this should be a considered point for future raids)

And to say, get better don't place third, there is usually in most sectors I have seen a huge difference between the top 3 and the 4th player in. The top 3 signifies the people who are serious about getting in the top and putting full effort into it. And when the scores are as close as these ones here .... well it could've been the difference between one lag issue where the game needed to be refreshed for new salvage to show, or for ships to dock properly (I know I had both of these issues, I am sure others also experienced some type of glitch).

But most important, get rid of hackers, to say that they were banned after. You have to remember that the high scores of these players discourage others from playing/spending on the raid. I am sure there are many who would finish with higher scores if the first place in their sector was not such a huge score. Also, there may be hackers who used their hacked accounts for the raid that got banned. But what of those that had hacked accounts "helping" them. I don't know about this raid but I know in RR3 there was sectors where people where using the spawn hack/glitch whatever on an account other than their own. I am sure it likely happened in this one too. (have never seen this one personally this is just based on what I have heard and seen in screenshots)