This is my salvage set up is it good? (i know theres no long range weapons)

Matthew Behrens Fleet
Matthew Behrens Fleet
Greenhorn
Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 18
edited 4 Jan 2012, 3:30PM
leviathan build.jpg

This is my salvage setup and i know there is no long range weapons I use this setup because it works just looking for tips
Matthew Behrens Sector 309
Coords N/A
Level 23
Fleets Battle Barges Leviathans
Alliance *** *********

[URL="[url]http://www.mindistortion.tv/iwantyoursoul/?i_am=criticalzx[/url]"][/url]http://www.mindistortion.tv/iwantyoursoul/?i_am=criticalzx
  • freestylepnk
    freestylepnk
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 783
    Put high explosive shells in your 2nd special slot.
    Immortal_Kombat aka Freestylepunk - Retired Level 59 
    Sectors visited: 130, 235, 182, 183, 239, 312, 396, 404, 108
  • wesker
    wesker
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 5,473
    you need engines so you can get their fast other wise you will take more damage
    Decimate the Weak

Ships Won: who cares you will see them :D 
    BP-ID: 1824740....lvl 72

• aefi
    aefi
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 1,133
    imo id rather use la
  • SsgtMcNasty
    SsgtMcNasty
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 419
    That's ridiculous...why would anyone use that for salvages? More power to ya bud.
  • kurururocks
    kurururocks
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Aug 2011 Posts: 125
    subs? they are better..
    Sanya_V_Litvyak Sector 414 atm
    Level. 30
    RR4 winner :p
    I Wantz the large Cargo holder, you know.. THE ONE EVERYONE HATES
  • haznoclue
    haznoclue
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Aug 2011 Posts: 172
    leviathan build.jpg

This is my salvage setup and i know there is no long range weapons I use this setup because it works just looking for tips

This looks awful expensive but if you're the type of player that would rather put everything on autopilot and repair for hours I suppose this is workable.

Personally I use a 5 lev fleet. First 4 levs have 5x pm2 (shockwave when you get it) w/ eng2 (requirement to kite) and RA2 (the assault missiles hurt if you let them get in range). My 5th lev has thud4x5 w/ eng2 and hb1. This kills all those pesky ballistics ships that like to chase you around. None of my levs have armor to cut down on any repair time.

Mind you this works best on 6/7 salvs as you can kite them around the map for zero damage. For 8/9 I use subs since it's a helluva lot cheaper than the repairs I'd get from my levs.
  • total burnination
    total burnination
    Master Tactician
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 2,050
    its not good sure hydra 3 have power but the have no range i built a ship just like that but with an engine and thrusters i didnt like it i use a ship with 3 mortars (any kind you want) and cutlass missiles its a heavy fleet but you can take out salvages with no damage
    Battle Pirates name: Deadly_D3/Level 45/Sector 51 ATM
    Proud winner of Hail A-B-Vortex torps T-A, Arc missile 1-2, Poseidon Depth Charge 1-2-3, Phalanx Anti-Missile 1 Compound Armor D5-X Cluster Warheads 1, Speed system 1, Strike System 2, Alloy Armor MX-1, Stealth Attack System 1, Seige drone 1-2.
    Hulls: Battle Barge A, Corvette, Frigate, Destroyer, Destroyer X, Battle Cruiser
  • trojan66
    trojan66
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Apr 2011 Posts: 3,252
    that is not a good set up for anything....
    if you want something better suited for salvages look on youtube for videos on kiting salvages, if your talking about salvage hunting on day to day basis sub fleets are the easiest way to go if you dont have the max tech, if you want something for revenge raids go for a missle/mortar mix with engines and thrusters, and never build another ship like that

This is my salvage setup and i know there is no long range weapons I use this setup because it works just looking for tips[/QUOTE]
    :)
  • Trogar
    Trogar
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 13,085
    I would go with cuts, mortars, or a combination of both. The key to salvaging is distance. You don't want to have any repairs, or you run the risk of salvaging for nothing. I have a levi fleet, 2 with mortars, 1 cuts, 1 mixed cuts and mortars, and the last one thuds. Works good for lvl 6 or lower, lvl 7 give some problems, and forget about lvl 8 or higher. They can take them down, but the repairs are more than I get back...
  • total burnination
    total burnination
    Master Tactician
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 2,050
    haznoclue wrote: »
    This looks awful expensive but if you're the type of player that would rather put everything on autopilot and repair for hours I suppose this is workable.

Personally I use a 5 lev fleet. First 4 levs have 5x pm2 (shockwave when you get it) w/ eng2 (requirement to kite) and RA2 (the assault missiles hurt if you let them get in range). My 5th lev has thud4x5 w/ eng2 and hb1. This kills all those pesky ballistics ships that like to chase you around. None of my levs have armor to cut down on any repair time.

lol thats not expensive try a levi with ripper 4 **** 4 hb and eng 1 itsmore then twice the amount

Mind you this works best on 6/7 salvs as you can kite them around the map for zero damage. For 8/9 I use subs since it's a helluva lot cheaper than the repairs I'd get from my levs.
    Battle Pirates name: Deadly_D3/Level 45/Sector 51 ATM
    Proud winner of Hail A-B-Vortex torps T-A, Arc missile 1-2, Poseidon Depth Charge 1-2-3, Phalanx Anti-Missile 1 Compound Armor D5-X Cluster Warheads 1, Speed system 1, Strike System 2, Alloy Armor MX-1, Stealth Attack System 1, Seige drone 1-2.
    Hulls: Battle Barge A, Corvette, Frigate, Destroyer, Destroyer X, Battle Cruiser