Draconian Battleship Preview Video

KIXEYE Swag
KIXEYE Swag
Unicorn Overlord
Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 3,665
edited 4 Jan 2012, 11:50AM
Hey Captains,

I whipped up this video for you guys so you can get a taste of what kind of damage the Draconian Battleship and the new Anti-mortar turrets can do in battle. Enjoy!

[video=youtube_share;h8VoutQvf64]
  • FADM_Longshaft
    FADM_Longshaft
    Potential Threat
    Joined Aug 2011 Posts: 104
    I enjoyed the death of the SW, then you lost me with the death of the mirror fleet (I'd use sw on slv9 salvage), but then you got yourself back on the best of terms - omg, I was laughing with the anti-mort smoke in the sky. this will change up some tactics for sure.
    Alliance: Independent
    ID: 354352
    Currently: Your Mom's House
    Visits: 1,2,7,9,10,19,34,37,53,55, 60,66,74,115, 116,118, 134,168,187,190,199,203,257,269,339,342,343,367,380,438,458,460,475,487,495
  • NuclearFallout
    NuclearFallout
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Aug 2011 Posts: 8,431
    awesome video can't wait for the event to come, except i noticed you seemed to get more repairs then what the Seawolf fleet got
    "Do not pray for easy lives. Pray to be stronger men."
    - John F Kennedy 

"If you're explaining, you're losing"
    Ronald Reagan

No I'm not a moderator
  • wesker
    wesker
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 5,473
    this looks badass
    Decimate the Weak

Ships Won: who cares you will see them :D 
    BP-ID: 1824740....lvl 72

• oleboy13
    oleboy13
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 1,025
    Those anti-mortars look like they have plenty of potential even though i would love to have those Battleships too i know im not going to be able to get them because i am not very far in the game yet. :(
    TrueTexan
    lvl 49
    "Its better to try and fail than fail to try"
    darksun98 wrote: »
    I think the super fortress will be like a unicorn. You know its there but you will probably never see one.
    Event Ships acquired: Corvette, Destroyer, Light Cruiser
  • lerick545
    lerick545
    Master Tactician
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 2,307
    Thanks for the video. its nice knowing alot more about the items and even seeing a video was awesome
  • Evil Ares
    Evil Ares
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined May 2011 Posts: 816
    Thanks for the video.. 5 ships in one fleet is very impressive. I would have liked to have seen one of these in a base battle.

The only thing is.. I must point out that in fight 1 and 2.. that's going to be about 10-15 hours of repair time for that fleet. The seawolf fleet.. 3 hours. Who really wins that? Big Ouch!
  • Evil Ares
    Evil Ares
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined May 2011 Posts: 816
    I'd like to see more videos like this from you guys! I'm so happy you're stepping up communication with us! Big props!
  • lerick545
    lerick545
    Master Tactician
    Hey Captains,

I whipped up this video for you guys so you can get a taste of what kind of damage the Draconian Battleship and the new Anti-mortar turrets can do in battle. Enjoy!

[video=youtube_share;JcW4VMfSldk]

any chance of a video hitting a base with these ships?
  • AerialVictini
    AerialVictini
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Apr 2011 Posts: 4,598
    Is that the mod-only sector 0!? Me=never winning 1st place.
    Many things can change in 3 years. Some for the better, some for the worse. I think I know what happened here...
  • RazorUK
    RazorUK
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Jun 2011 Posts: 1,348
    I already know whos won it in my sector, and since i know im not going to get the 3rd quota prize because the competitions are so close together my cargo and fleets havent really expanded beyond what they were the last time around, maybe you people could answer my question...

Q. Are we all going to be able to obtain these prizes some other way at a later date ?
  • Snifnose
    Snifnose
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Aug 2011 Posts: 320
    looks awesome, you're one lucky dude to have all that tech at your disposal allready. At lvl29 ffs :)
    User ID: 1344777 / lvl53 / Sector 1 / coords: 82,281

RETIRED THE GAME
  • NuclearFallout
    NuclearFallout
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Aug 2011 Posts: 8,431
    RazorUK wrote: »
    Q. Are we all going to be able to obtain these prizes some other way at a later date ?
    It's very unlikely
    "Do not pray for easy lives. Pray to be stronger men."
    - John F Kennedy 

"If you're explaining, you're losing"
    Ronald Reagan

No I'm not a moderator
  • Faddy
    Faddy
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 815
    hope to see more imformative videos like this in the future!
    Current sector: 440
    Previous sectors: 367, 368, 291,2, 149,400, 499, 200, 249, 407, 408, 7, 325, 351, 264,160,89, 448, 348
  • Monty420th
    Monty420th
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jun 2011 Posts: 84
    Kixeye, I have butchered you on the last raid with my biggest concern being communication. This however, you hit out of the park with this...I hope you guys keep the communication up in the future
    Professional Drinker, 8th Year Devry Med School
  • HellHound_DP
    HellHound_DP
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Aug 2011 Posts: 141
    Awesome video, thanks
  • logansan
    logansan
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined May 2011 Posts: 736
    Is anyone else amused by the idea that soon sectors everywhere will be referring to these boats by the acronym "BS" or "Drac BS"?
    Spack wrote: »
    Jesus H, it's like trying to edumacate pork.....
    If playing Battle Pirates taught me anything, it's:
    You can please some people most of the time, and you can please most people some of the time, but you will never, ever be able to keep those bitchy little whiners who inhabit yours forums from having a cry about every single thing you ever do (or don't do).

http://chatspace.org.uk/flash/bp.html
  • TheRealCore
    TheRealCore
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Aug 2011 Posts: 5,474
    My big Question is the Cargo on this 'DRAC BS' .....:lol:
    Atta-Comb 
  • Michael Middleton
    Michael Middleton
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Jun 2011 Posts: 812
    looks good
    My piece of Battle Pirates Fan Fiction: http://forums.kixeye.com/threads/125229-The-Battle-Pirates-story Hope you enjoy!!

My second piece of Battle Pirates Fan Fiction[url] http://forums.kixeye.com/threads/196200-Owen-s-shipyard?p=1716922#post1716922 [/url] Hope you enjoy!!!
    Sortar wrote: »
    haha what an idiot..more money for king will and his tribe of merry idiots...you guys complain then just spend more...classic..
  • CookieNinja
    CookieNinja
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 1,006
    RazorUK wrote: »
    I already know whos won it in my sector, and since i know im not going to get the 3rd quota prize because the competitions are so close together my cargo and fleets havent really expanded beyond what they were the last time around, maybe you people could answer my question...

Would you really want this to be available to everyone?
    Most CC users probably would buy it as soon as they get it, and instead of just 500 people with it, a lot more will have it and be making the game very un-fun for majority of people.
    CookieNinja~ - VEGA Conflict - Level 32

• pirateFTW
    pirateFTW
    Potential Threat
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 99
    i want to join the drac team?
  • KIXEYE Swag
    KIXEYE Swag
    Unicorn Overlord
    Faddy wrote: »
    hope to see more imformative videos like this in the future!

Yes, we do plan to do many more videos like this in the future, especially when there are new weapons/hulls/blueprint.
  • lerick545
    lerick545
    Master Tactician
    Yes, we do plan to do many more videos like this in the future, especially when there are new weapons/hulls/blueprint.

awesome. glad to know that :)
  • RazorUK
    RazorUK
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Jun 2011 Posts: 1,348
    afroninja wrote: »
    Would you really want this to be available to everyone?
    Most CC users probably would buy it as soon as they get it, and instead of just 500 people with it, a lot more will have it and be making the game very un-fun for majority of people.

let me think about this for a second or two....

yes i do want it to become available to everyone for several reasons, these reasons range from the simplest being i would like one and dont see why the people who started playing before i did and have more money than i do should be the only ones to own one. all the way to more complicated reasons like those 500 people who have one make the game un-fun because i want one...

Selfish reasoning maybe... but thats how it is... and also you act like this game is full of players running around with credit cards people who buy things on launch date every time dont need credit cards... so that im not worried about at all... they have tons of cash, not a problem...

i can also understand that a competition is a competition and prizes are given out to winners, now im sure how you all feel about this, but when you know who's won the competition in your sector before its started, its not much of a competition is it ?

anyway since moderator jumped pass my post and confirmed they will be more vids, i think its safe to say they wont be any method of obtaining these ship types in the future, but i remain very hopeful about it (perhaps in drac bases) maybe even a watered down version perhaps so the winners get a slighty better ship than those of us who gained it from say drac bases...

And on a final note, if only 500 people have it then allowing everyone to have them is much more fair in reality... dont you think ?
  • Connor-1015584
    Connor-1015584
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Aug 2011 Posts: 1,122
    Looks good Swag... Inspired me to go for OP 5 AND the Hailstorms during the raid, they would make a nice addition to a base fleet killer. I know im not getting the Battleship becauce im only lvl 26, building my first SW right now, and im trapped in a sector with a bunch of people lvls 27 to 32. Hope to see some new videos soon, you did that like a boss! (or now, like Swag! :p)
    Phule wrote: »
    In conclusion, adapt, overcome, the game isn't impossible just different.
    Level- 29 and PROUD of it!
  • Bird1sTheWord
    Bird1sTheWord
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Aug 2011 Posts: 800

KICKASS!!!!
    By the way do you know any info about alliances????

War commander info: level 19 Event prizes: gatling trucks, attack dogs, elite heavy gunners, and laser tank
  • cola18
    cola18
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 198
    Hey Swag, I have a feedback for all the staff, why don't you change the prize from the first place to some quota like 1 or 2 billion resources? When it's only for the 1st place, after one player goes so much better then the competitors, everybody stops spending money, if you make a very high quota many people will spend money and you'll get much more, more people gets the price and everybody is happy. Hope it's a good idea, or at least you will read and talk about it
    Target wrote: »
    There's an incredible piece of scientific equipment known as the Tunneling Electron Microscope. Now, this microscope is so powerful that by firing electrons you can actually see images of the atom, the infinitesimally minute building block of our universe. If I were using that microscope right now, I still wouldn't be able to locate my interest in your problem.
    The R. wrote: »
    Are you Schrodinger's cat?
  • KIXEYE Swag
    KIXEYE Swag
    Unicorn Overlord
    cola18 wrote: »
    Hey Swag, I have a feedback for all the staff, why don't you change the prize from the first place to some quota like 1 or 2 billion resources? When it's only for the 1st place, after one player goes so much better then the competitors, everybody stops spending money, if you make a very high quota many people will spend money and you'll get much more, more people gets the price and everybody is happy. Hope it's a good idea, or at least you will read and talk about it

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll bring it up to the devs. However I'm fairly certain their reaction would be that Revenge Raid is about endurance and not a blitz. We do it over 3 days to make sure other people get a shot at it, because not everyone can play on the first or second day.
  • AerialVictini
    AerialVictini
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Apr 2011 Posts: 4,598
    4 DUIV? 2,156 seconds each. 2,156 * 4 slots = 8,264 seconds repair time per ship = 2 hours 17 minutes 44 seconds per ship. An entirely destroyed fleet with 4 DUIV's = 11 hours 28 minutes 40 seconds of repair time, roughly half a day. Man, that must suck for the Draconians... Spending all that time in their bases, repairing constantly... Not having the money to pay for the repairs due to low salaries...
    Many things can change in 3 years. Some for the better, some for the worse. I think I know what happened here...
  • CCWubbiducki
    CCWubbiducki
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Apr 2011 Posts: 433
    Please don't allow players to have the 8 weapon ships in a Drac level 8... I can't begin to imagine what that could do to bases :|
    Hi I play on the Casual Collective
  • tarheel23
    tarheel23
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 555
    Thanks for the suggestion, I'll bring it up to the devs. However I'm fairly certain their reaction would be that Revenge Raid is about endurance and not a blitz. We do it over 3 days to make sure other people get a shot at it, because not everyone can play on the first or second day.

I really do like the idea of making the prize winning ship available to those that achieve an extremely high quota. Say, 1 or 2 billion. Many sectors would not have a winner, and some would have several. I have seen several level 25 & 26 players that won the hammerhead, and/or battle cruiser with winning totals well below 500 million. I also saw a guy get over 3 billion in the last raid and did not win the battler cruiser... OUCH.

If you did it by quota, then you would not have all of the people jumping all over the place to try and find an "easy" sector to win the Raid Prize and then bolt back to their home sector afterwards.

Also, you might get some additional people to spend money to reach the quota, thus increasing Kixeyes profits. Let's be honest, if you have a CC player in your sector and they jump out to a huge lead in one of the events... 95% of the people in the sector quit playing the event and just fill their warehouses, or just grab a few extra salvages. If you knew what your target was from the beginning people would be more apt to spend money to get there, knowing that it would not be wasted effort.
    Level 77