Are in-game names supposed to be unique to a player?

Skilled Warrior
Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 500
edited 16 Nov 2011, 9:03PM
Just curious, I saw another post about people showing accounts with similar names, but none the same. (Excluding the Blackhearts and people with the same first name and last initial.)

I recently discovered another player with my exact in game name, in my sector and it frustrates me to no end. Since I saw the other topic though, it made me second guess if a name already taken was still available to another player.

http://forums.kixeye.com/threads/131922-Best-similar-names-EVER!!!
There is nothing restricting people to unique base names, no. We do however frown on changing your base name to harass someone nearby who has the same name.

No point in creating a new post and bumping, so I'll just edit. Thank you, cleared that up for me.
  • KIXEYE CS RUBI
    KIXEYE CS RUBI
    KIXEYE
    Joined Aug 2011 Posts: 23,922
    There is nothing restricting people to unique base names, no. We do however frown on changing your base name to harass someone nearby who has the same name.
    KIXEYE Customer Service
    Please read the Forum Rules before posting.
    Got an issue? then please use the Support form.
    Please be aware that I do not not reply to Chats. So please either post on the forum, or raise a support ticket.
  • JailerX
    JailerX
    Potential Threat
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 72
    Karma wrote: »
    Just curious, I saw another post about people showing accounts with similar names, but none the same. (Excluding the Blackhearts and people with the same first name and last initial.)

I recently discovered another player with my exact in game name, in my sector and it frustrates me to no end. Since I saw the other topic though, it made me second guess if a name already taken was still available to another player.

http://forums.kixeye.com/threads/131922-Best-similar-names-EVER!!!

Apparently they are. Some 10 year old in our sector changed his name to mine and acts like a jack-hole in comms. Only saving grace was that he didnt do a capital "X" so people that know me can still tell us apart.
    Sectors visited (that I can remember lol): 16, 78, 84, 168, 383, 384, 393, 469, 499, 379 (Currently)
  • JailerX
    JailerX
    Potential Threat
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 72

Can you make him change his form my post? He changed it just to harass me. I shoudl add that now that I sink his fleets every time they are out, he wants to chnage it back but mom and dad wont let him spend money. LOL
    Sectors visited (that I can remember lol): 16, 78, 84, 168, 383, 384, 393, 469, 499, 379 (Currently)
  • KIXEYE CS RUBI
    KIXEYE CS RUBI
    KIXEYE
    Joined Aug 2011 Posts: 23,922
    Please send all information regarding harassment or abuse directly to [email protected].
    KIXEYE Customer Service
    Please read the Forum Rules before posting.
    Got an issue? then please use the Support form.
    Please be aware that I do not not reply to Chats. So please either post on the forum, or raise a support ticket.
  • AdmiralAlex
    AdmiralAlex
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 452
    I wish they would only allow one name per sector, AdmiralAlex with a bunch of numbers, fine, but the exact thing, no, thats stupid...
  • john55223
    john55223
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Jun 2011 Posts: 1,162
    Lol had 8 ppl change their name to mine cause of my awesomeness (sarcastic)
    BP ID: 118715
    1.) ShipBuilder: Click here
    2.) Base designer: Click here
    3.) Base designer 2:Click me
    4.) Ship builder: Click me
    5.) Guide to making BP Videos Click me
    6.) Guide to base design Click me
  • Starlight31
    Starlight31
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined May 2011 Posts: 129
    How about Blackheart? people really like that name!! ROFL (JK JK)
  • frinzo7
    frinzo7
    Potential Threat
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 74
    i have the same problem some1 copyed my name just 2 b a bug
    Predator lvl 32 sector 473
  • logansan
    logansan
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined May 2011 Posts: 736
    I wish they would only allow one name per sector, AdmiralAlex with a bunch of numbers, fine, but the exact thing, no, thats stupid...

and when they relocate? do they get a free name change then? it can't be done on a sector by sector basis, would have to be global.
    Spack wrote: »
    Jesus H, it's like trying to edumacate pork.....
    If playing Battle Pirates taught me anything, it's:
    You can please some people most of the time, and you can please most people some of the time, but you will never, ever be able to keep those bitchy little whiners who inhabit yours forums from having a cry about every single thing you ever do (or don't do).

http://chatspace.org.uk/flash/bp.html